Geelong Delist Taylor Hunt

hardtack

No thanks. Endurance runner, but provides little else. Ordinary disposal. Just a run-with player. He would be a very slight upgrade on Jordie McKenzie/Aidan Riley who are contracted for next year.

Wouldn't mind having a look at Mitch Brown though.

Yes, I was looking at Brown as well, but he has even less runs on the board than Hunt at senior level (although his goal scoring record in the VFL isn't too shabby).

Low risk. Very low reward.

I'd rather Brown but even then as a rookie. Let's get 3 fresh kids in with 2, 3, 40.

From there be it 53 or PSD we should analyse just what is available.

I don't see the point of rushing to sign a delisted guy. If someone wants them they can have them. If we are giving a guy a second chance lets make sure of it and make him earn it over the next month before the drafts. Picking up Tom Gillies types just waste everyones time and effort.

• Like 1

Agree P-Man, he seems to have stalled big time. I thought he was a decent player (more than decent) prior to this year, no idea what has gone wrong.

He would be a definite upgrade on McKenzie, but as already stated, he's contracted for next year.

As a half back: The game got fasted, the Geelong team got slower = harder decision making and more defensive responsibility finding him out

As a tagger: Geelong lost more contested ball, Hunt was shown really only to sneak off and kick the occasional goal on his man but besides from that not do much around the ball.

McKenzie has pretty much never run off his opponent to kick goals, but as a tagger around the contest is likely to provide more than Hunt in terms of actually getting his hands on the ball and laying tackles.

• Like 1