• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Vote: for reinstating Climate Change back Onto the G-20 agenda !!!

dee-luded

look on the bright side dee-luded

new oil wells in the arctic free of pack ice, new shipping lanes via the north west passage

mining and farming in antarctica - it's a big continent - the new world all over again

tassie becomes the new gold coast and gets its own afl side

Edited by daisycutter

look on the bright side dee-luded

new oil wells in the arctic free of pack ice, new shipping lanes via the north west passage

mining and farming in antarctica - it's a big continent - the new world all over again

tassie becomes the new gold coast and gets its own afl side

& do you think something like that is a bright side dc.. we differ my friend.

• 3 weeks later...

Read an article in The Age today that notes that as of February 2015 we have racked up 360 consecutive months of monthly global average surface temperatures above the 20th Century average. That is since 1985. Gee I reckon that might be a trend that even a dolt like Andrew Bolt would recognise but of course he will want to talk about the so called global annual temperature hiatus or pause which is nothing more than a reduced annual average increase in heating as compared to that experienced for some 30 years previous.

But we continue inexorably to heat the globe year on year. Thank God for Greg Hunt and his direct actionpolicy which is delivering ummh, well it must be doing something surely.

Read an article in The Age today that notes that as of February 2015 we have racked up 360 consecutive months of monthly global average surface temperatures above the 20th Century average. That is since 1985. Gee I reckon that might be a trend that even a dolt like Andrew Bolt would recognise but of course he will want to talk about the so called global annual temperature hiatus or pause which is nothing more than a reduced annual average increase in heating as compared to that experienced for some 30 years previous.

But we continue inexorably to heat the globe year on year. Thank God for Greg Hunt and his direct actionpolicy which is delivering ummh, well it must be doing something surely.

Just wait till he's had time to cook the books (which he'll be able to do without an oven and just taking them outside for a few hours in the sun the way things are going).

Wrecker pointed to the discussion on Ocean warming and pointed to one article which discussed the deep ocean not warming as rapidly as modeled. In the same article the same scientist noted that the top half of the ocean warming at an abated rate pointing unequivocally to the planet warming.

The article actually said " The temperature of the top half of the world's oceans -- above the 1.24-mile mark -- is still climbing, but not fast enough to account for the stalled air temperatures.". Is your argument so weak you need to make stuff up? Why not just stick to the facts?

Further to that I don't think the models had the oceans warming just rising. When global temperatures didn't warm as the models predicted the excuse was the "energy" / heat was being stored in the oceans. NASA has come out and declared that isn't the case. So essentially the models are rubbish and the excuse for them being rubbish has been proven incorrect.

Edited by Wrecker45

I don't think you would find anybody who denies that the climate changes. Do you want to jail all those who question how much man influences the climate?

this is a totally irrelevant argument.

it matters not, that mans worsens climate change Via his advances, or so called, with his energy consumption.

...........It just matters IF the climate in worsening to inhospital-able levels.

IF the weather starts to become troublesome & dangerous to our well being Via climate change, then we Have to try to do things to pull up the worsening s.

when Port Vila is nearly blown off the map its time to take note, when Nth-East United States & their Atlantic coast starts to freeze over, & Texas is snowed under, its time to take note.

our use of fossil fuels, & our use of the Earths Atmosphere & Its Oceans as an open Sewer, is coming back looking for the rent. we are Overdrawn in our credit cycles of freebies on the Environment. all for the lowly dollar.

it matters not, that mans worsens climate change Via his advances, or so called, with his energy consumption.

...........It just matters IF the climate in worsening to inhospital-able levels.

IF the weather starts to become troublesome & dangerous to our well being Via climate change, then we Have to try to do things to pull up the worsening s.

when Port Vila is nearly blown off the map its time to take note, when Nth-East United States & their Atlantic coast starts to freeze over, & Texas is snowed under, its time to take note.

our use of fossil fuels, & our use of the Earths Atmosphere & Its Oceans as an open Sewer, is coming back looking for the rent. we are Overdrawn in our credit cycles of freebies on the Environment. all for the lowly dollar.

The capital letters you throw in mid sentence scare me more than snow in Texas.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think you would find anybody who denies that the climate changes. Do you want to jail all those who question how much man influences the climate?

The capital letters you throw in mid sentence scare me more than snow in Texas.

you see your values are all wrong, & this us likely why you fail to recognise the real truth. that we all are hurting this planet, & one another.

Edited by dee-luded

dee-luded I am not sure why I am even responding to you when you have been proven to be so far out of your depth in the discussion so far but...

Do you think increased CO2 levels have a negative impact only on the environment or can you see the positives as well?

dee-luded I am not sure why I am even responding to you when you have been proven to be so far out of your depth in the discussion so far but...

Do you think increased CO2 levels have a negative impact only on the environment or can you see the positives as well?

what you think increased co-2 levels & a warmer climate are good? milder days are nice but at what cost. how long do the milder days we;ve encountered over the last 30 years last before we start getting tropical storms, & hail the size of baseballs.

out off depth; I have made up my mind some years ago w45, & listen to the debates, but have heard nothing from those on the side of the Status-Quot (the old world business sectors),,, (to keep on polluting the atmosphere with carbon, & other exhaust gases we expel),,,, nothing I've heard has convinced me to change my mind.

especially from those who gain money made from the traditional old ways of business.

what you think increased co-2 levels & a warmer climate are good? milder days are nice but at what cost. how long do the milder days we;ve encountered over the last 30 years last before we start getting tropical storms, & hail the size of baseballs.

out off depth; I have made up my mind some years ago w45, & listen to the debates, but have heard nothing from those on the side of the Status-Quot (the old world business sectors),,, (to keep on polluting the atmosphere with carbon, & other exhaust gases we expel),,,, nothing I've heard has convinced me to change my mind.

Just as I thought. You do understand that CO2 is plant food?

You have made up your mind? I haven't my opinion changes with the evidence and that is why I am sceptical at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't my opinion changes with the evidence and that is why I am sceptical at the moment.

We can debate the merits of the East West Link - either it being a white elephant if it is built and not easing congestion and costing zillions or on the flipside - being an important piece of road infrastructure that makes traffic flow better - the downside on being wrong either way to me is not earth shattering.

There has been some hysteria on the climate change issue and you can pick holes in some of the models. There is contradictory material in the public domain but to me overwhelmingly, the prevailing opinion of people who know truckloads more than me is that we are facing problems going forward by not seriously addressing the problems of climate change.

I will ask you this important question - unless you are 100% sure that this is all a crock of #$#@! - do you think you can you afford to be wrong on this ?

• Like 1

Just as I thought. You do understand that CO2 is plant food?

You have made up your mind? I haven't my opinion changes with the evidence and that is why I am sceptical at the moment.

well that makes 2 of us w45

I'm always sceptical; of those who have their fingers in the Pies that they wish to continue producing lucre for them,,,, or to startup,,, because these Pies will be a 'good little earners', for them.

when these people of lucre trot out others to spruik on their money-making behalf, I am a skeptic of them. just like the tobacco industries arguments, or those who defended 'thalidomide', or other products causing harm But making lots of Lucre.....

I'm just a skeptic at heart w45

skeptical where moneys at hand, someones outstretched cupped hand.

• 3 weeks later...

There has been some hysteria on the climate change issue and you can pick holes in some of the models. There is contradictory material in the public domain but to me overwhelmingly, the prevailing opinion of people who know truckloads more than me is that we are facing problems going forward by not seriously addressing the problems of climate change.

I will ask you this important question - unless you are 100% sure that this is all a crock of #$#@! - do you think you can you afford to be wrong on this ?

Pick holes in some of the models?

I would love it if you showed me any model that predicted a 17 year hiatus. You could also do me Favour and point me to anyone in the science is settled crowd, who know truckloads more than me, who predicted a 17 year hiatus whilst carbon (dioxide) kept on rising.

Climate change where the future is certain but the past keeps changing.

Edited by Wrecker45

Pick holes in some of the models?

I would love it if you showed me any model that predicted a 17 year hiatus. You could also do me Favour and point me to anyone in the science is settled crowd, who know truckloads more than me, who predicted a 17 year hiatus whilst carbon (dioxide) kept on rising.

Climate change where the future is certain but the past keeps changing.

So the below article - just a load of nonsense ?

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/planet-oz/2014/feb/12/global-warming-fake-pause-hiatus-climate-change

still didn't answer my question and ill slightly change it- are you 100% sure that climate change is a crock and if not do you think we as planet can afford the consequences ?

Edited by nutbean

• 1 month later...

So the below article - just a load of nonsense ?

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/planet-oz/2014/feb/12/global-warming-fake-pause-hiatus-climate-change

still didn't answer my question and ill slightly change it- are you 100% sure that climate change is a crock and if not do you think we as planet can afford the consequences ?

So the link you put up finds there is no hiatus if you just adjust the temperature? Embarrassing!

I'm not 100% sure climate change is a crock and I have been quite clear on that in my posts. Even if I did support the theory I think adaption would be better than trying to turn the titanic around.

So the link you put up finds there is no hiatus if you just adjust the temperature? Embarrassing!

I'm not 100% sure climate change is a crock and I have been quite clear on that in my posts. Even if I did support the theory I think adaption would be better than trying to turn the titanic around.

before you try to turn the titanic about, you better send the rabbot down, to lassoo her, & place a straw into her hull to pump her up & re-float her. like the AU$dollar, she's going down, way below the rabbots level.

'in the rabbots future', all Titanics will be safe. including msr Palmers

before you try to turn the titanic about, you better send the rabbot down, to lassoo her, & place a straw into her hull to pump her up & re-float her. like the AU$dollar, she's going down, way below the rabbots level.

'in the rabbots future', all Titanics will be safe. including msr Palmers

I'm not even sure what that means but at least it is not littered with capital letters.

Can someone, anyone,explain to me why the climates hasn't increased with the predictions but people still believe the predictions of the people who got it wrong in the first place? If they didn't get it wrong show me the body of evidence that forecast the hiatus.

what concerns me most, apart from increasing storms, is the possibility of past frozen diseases, locked up in permafrost til now, coming back into circulation.

all sorts of conundrums can happen from here on.

Past frozen diseases now that is funny. Lets vaccinate everyone now with mercury that will solve it.

Obama to Abbott: get out of the way

57ae459800f68047c7ab2a478b665e8c.jpg

btn_signthepetition.png
Seriously? Tony Abbott has just taken climate change OFF the agenda at the G20, as if scrapping The Climate Department, The Climate Commission and yes, soon, the carbon price wasn’t enough. Now he’s literally getting in the way of OTHER countries taking action.

Our PM is meeting with Barack Obama next week in Washington and the President has just put his legacy on the line for climate, cleaning up America’s energy production even in the face of huge opposition. Obama will be busy selling his climate policies, so let’s ask him to give Abbott a copy of Congress’ climate report when they exchange gifts at the White House.

Climate tipping points are threatening to change the very world we live in irreversibly. There’s never been a more important time to act -- if President Obama’s subtle present doesn’t convince Abbott, then he can force him out of the way of other countries and put climate change back on the G20 agenda. Sign now!

Click below to sign the petition and forward to everyone:

https://preview.avaaz.org/en/petition/President_Barack_Obama_Obama_to_Abbott_out_of_the_way/

Cant sign this partition sorry dee-luded. Don't know what that [censored] Abbott is up too and who gives a [censored] about Obama. The last thing this climate change noise is all about is saving people or the environment. Its about global de population. Check out www.cecaust.com.au

Its an interesting read.

Go Dees

So there is documented evidence obtained under FOI that proves he accepted a huge sum of money to deliver his reports as a "deliverable" to suit an agenda. At what point do you accept that evidence? When it is placed under your nose? Are NYT lying? Another conspiracy afoot?

Soon has said his corporate funding has not influenced his findings. Of course he'd say that. His reputation as a scientist depends on it. And he may be telling the truth. But the fact he is funded by fossil fuel companies seriously compromises the integrity of the reports no matter what he states about the extent of their influence.

I'll assume your not answering the second question as there being no such evidence to support your claim of "yeah but I bet the other side is just as bad. Probably."

P-man do you think the money Shorten accepted from organisations his union was negotiating with had any influence on the EBA's his union agreed to? Seriously compromises the integrity?

"Yeah but I bet the other side were as bad" doesn't seem to be going that well for Essendon.

It is very difficult to trust a report arranged by a political party these days. They almost always have a pre-determined outcome.