Fears grow for homeland attacks

dee-luded

How do they go in Iraq do they have the right to bear "car bombs"?

Do they teach the kids in Afghanistan how to make and handle IED's from an early age?

How many are killed each year in tribal battles in Africa, as many as are murdered in america?

I have no time for guns now and less time for those that use them but to have a child of 4 firing an AK-47 dressed as a jihadist is as low as you can go. As low as strapping a bomb to a young girl and detonating it in a crowded place.

Couldn't agree more... but I'm not going to tar the entire islamic population with the same brush because of what the fundamentalists (who are far from the majority) are doing.

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more... but I'm not going to tar the entire islamic population with the same brush because of what the fundamentalists (who are far from the majority) are doing.

IMO is it just as bad as sending in a remote controlled plane to shot missile at innocent people. Both are acts of evil people.

How do they go in Iraq do they have the right to bear "car bombs"?

Do they teach the kids in Afghanistan how to make and handle IED's from an early age?

How many are killed each year in tribal battles in Africa, as many as are murdered in america?

I have no time for guns now and less time for those that use them but to have a child of 4 firing an AK-47 dressed as a jihadist is as low as you can go.

As low as strapping a bomb to a young girl and detonating it in a crowded place.

young girl ???

so a young boy is expendable?

if male lives were valued higher, & less so expendable, wars would slowly abate. if women & girls were on the front lines, in equal numbers as males, there would soon be an uproar & an about face around the world... & wars would soon end.

young girl ???

if male lives were valued higher, & less so expendable, wars would slowly abate. if women & girls were on the front lines, in equal numbers as males, there would soon be an uproar & an about face around the world... & wars would soon end.

yeah bring back the amazons

and lingerie soldiers

young girl ???

I agree that the use of any children in any war is wrong and should be stopped.

However it has always concerned me that the arguements as highlighted in RobbieF post shows a very one sided view of the issue of terrorism.

RobbieF is correct in saying the act he had commented on are evil and DL rightly expanded those points to cover other similar groups.

However I see acts of terrorism on both sides. The use of unmanned drones on in populated areas when it obvious that innocent people will also be killed is just the same as strapping on a bomb and setting it off in a crouded street.

The support of repressive dictators by the West will come at a price. The stealing of resources by countires for their own domestic benefit will also come at a price.

I don't support the so called terrorist groups due to their crimes against humanity or that of the West in the so called fight against terrorism for the same reasons. IMO it an interesting fact that many of the so called terrorist groups mainly generate support from their communities because their the only alternative to their oppressive governments who in turn are supported by other Western Governments.

In my past reading into the reasons for the raise of muslim religion of recent years, it was commented that local governments had encourages their populations into religion in an attempt to keep them busy. It was hoped that religion would fill the void that poverty and oppression had caused.

There will always be extremist as there will always be people with extreme view on very issues. Both sides in the so called war against terror has their own fundermental extremists. IMO its when the general community starts to follow these extremists is when the real problems starts for the rest of us.

What is the real icing on the cake when t comes to this issue is how the secret police eg CIA, who trained the so called terrorists in the first place. Clearly its OK to do these terrible acts of terror to other people but don't do them to USA or their friends as that is terrorism. The stupidy of what has been done to the world as a result of these people is mind blowing. Its very OK to support, condone, encourage of undertake acts of terror on other people.

What I have found in life is most people are sheep and easily lead by others to condemn other cultures without truely understanding them. I have meet a lot of muslim people when I was in the Middle East which included Syria. I found them to be friendly but most were living in what we would call poverty.

If you want to truely stop the extremists in the Muslim World then we must give the majority of their populations hope by allowing them real freedom and economic security.

• Like 1

I agree that the use of any children in any war is wrong and should be stopped.

However it has always concerned me that the arguements as highlighted in RobbieF post shows a very one sided view of the issue of terrorism.

RobbieF is correct in saying the act he had commented on are evil and DL rightly expanded those points to cover other similar groups.

However I see acts of terrorism on both sides. The use of unmanned drones on in populated areas when it obvious that innocent people will also be killed is just the same as strapping on a bomb and setting it off in a crouded street.

The support of repressive dictators by the West will come at a price. The stealing of resources by countires for their own domestic benefit will also come at a price.

I don't support the so called terrorist groups due to their crimes against humanity or that of the West in the so called fight against terrorism for the same reasons. IMO it an interesting fact that many of the so called terrorist groups mainly generate support from their communities because their the only alternative to their oppressive governments who in turn are supported by other Western Governments.

In my past reading into the reasons for the raise of muslim religion of recent years, it was commented that local governments had encourages their populations into religion in an attempt to keep them busy. It was hoped that religion would fill the void that poverty and oppression had caused.

There will always be extremist as there will always be people with extreme view on very issues. Both sides in the so called war against terror has their own fundermental extremists. IMO its when the general community starts to follow these extremists is when the real problems starts for the rest of us.

What is the real icing on the cake when t comes to this issue is how the secret police eg CIA, who trained the so called terrorists in the first place. Clearly its OK to do these terrible acts of terror to other people but don't do them to USA or their friends as that is terrorism. The stupidy of what has been done to the world as a result of these people is mind blowing. Its very OK to support, condone, encourage of undertake acts of terror on other people.

What I have found in life is most people are sheep and easily lead by others to condemn other cultures without truely understanding them. I have meet a lot of muslim people when I was in the Middle East which included Syria. I found them to be friendly but most were living in what we would call poverty.

If you want to truely stop the extremists in the Muslim World then we must give the majority of their populations hope by allowing them real freedom and economic security.

I agree. the demarcation line seems to be the west /others.

the belief seems to be religion culture based, maybe built up by fear from the goodbook.

so put a cork in their bottle to keep them in, & keep the world west safe.

trouble is in the summer sun the cork has failed & the contents have erupted & are angry for the exploitation of their natural wealth.

all the containment in the world cannot control whats about to happen.

just like our super fires, unstoppable until weather steps in to help. pity about climate change.

I agree. the demarcation line seems to be the west /others.

the belief seems to be religion culture based, maybe built up by fear from the goodbook.

so put a cork in their bottle to keep them in, & keep the world west safe.

trouble is in the summer sun the cork has failed & the contents have erupted & are angry for the exploitation of their natural wealth.

all the containment in the world cannot control whats about to happen.

just like our super fires, unstoppable until weather steps in to help. pity about climate change.

aye, there be a fearful north wind blowin' cap'n

The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trades has issued a new travel alert which lists the following countries as dangerous for Australians. There is a common theme to them:

Countries where the threat of kidnapping is particularly prevalent, and where DFAT’s travel advisories specifically warn of the threat of kidnapping, include: Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Colombia, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, India, Iraq, Kenya, Libya, Malaysia, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, the Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen and the Indian Ocean, especially near the coast of Somalia.

All but eight of the 33 countries named - Colombia, Congo, Eritrea, India, Kenya, Peru, the Philippines and South Sudan - are members of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation, or have official observer status. Eritrea, India, Kenya and the Philippines are threatened by extremists from their substantial Muslim minorities. South Sudan was created recently after a civil war with Muslim northern Sudan.

Edited by Hannibal

The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trades has issued a new travel alert which lists the following countries as dangerous for Australians. There is a common theme to them:

Countries where the threat of kidnapping is particularly prevalent, and where DFAT’s travel advisories specifically warn of the threat of kidnapping, include: Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Colombia, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, India, Iraq, Kenya, Libya, Malaysia, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, the Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen and the Indian Ocean, especially near the coast of Somalia.

All but eight of the 33 countries named - Colombia, Congo, Eritrea, India, Kenya, Peru, the Philippines and South Sudan - are members of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation, or have official observer status. Eritrea, India, Kenya and the Philippines are threatened by extremists from their substantial Muslim minorities. South Sudan was created recently after a civil war with Muslim northern Sudan.

FYI one of the 8 has the largest islamic population in the world - believe it or not it is india

just thought this was interesting

FYI one of the 8 has the largest islamic population in the world - believe it or not it is india

just thought this was interesting

Actually DC, you will find that Indonesia is the country with the largest islamic population.

Actually DC, you will find that Indonesia is the country with the largest islamic population.

you are right hardtack (excuse - i should have said Indian sub-continent)

top 4 are (all Asian)

Indonesia 12.7%

Pakistan 11%

India 10.9%

Bangladesh 9.2%

Indian Sub-continent 31.1%

• Like 1

I believe in excess of 200m.

As opposed to roughly 247m christians in the USA... in both cases, I would think that for the majority, it is just a religion and nothing more.

As opposed to roughly 247m christians in the USA... in both cases, I would think that for the majority, it is just a religion and nothing more.

I don't like any organised religion, or for that mater any disorganised religion; in fact I don't like any religion.

However I dislike the ones who want to do me harm more than the ones that don't.