All about Mitch Clark

All the Jacks

Hey everybody! olidik heard a rumour!

Great stuff.

Hey Machsy- cut your nanny schtick.

Stomp rambling on like the guardian of knowledge and good taste.

The whole thread is rumour and opinion .

I know you're the type to be up for crucifying a player based on unconfirmed rumour, but I'm not, not should I be.

Stop rambling like you're the guardian of what I should be the guardian of.

ok lets put some ill informed posts and rumours to bed. My sister happens to work for the media and has alittle (not all) knowledge of whats going on.

ok. firstly mitch is in Melbourne. he and jones even posted the other day pics of a photo session they did together that day.

Mitch daughter lives mostly with her mother in Brisbane. comes down every now and then and stays with Mitch and his now gf.

Mitch has depression from a lot of different areas that he is dealing with. ie: not seeing his daughter everyday. not playing the sport he loves for 2 years. getting over a injury and then getting a new one over and over.

Mitch is away from the club but still in contact with some players and the medical staff. he is doing his own training so we when mitch decides its time to come back (hopefully at the end of his 8 weeks off) he will be still fit and injury free. He will prob have to do acouple of weeks AFL training to get that fitness back and then a couple of games at casey to get match fitness. So in my understand and beliefs he will return to the club and he will play this year but not until the second half of the season.

Can we delete all other posts and leave this one in the thread?

Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

Bloody hell, would you posters just relax and stop with the stupid bickering and snide comments.

It's going to be a very long year on Demonland if this is what is happening after rd 1.

• Like 1

Depression can be as life threatening as cancer.

I wonder if some of the shallow thinkers on here would be as flippant if Mitch had a potentially terminal disease.

Many posts here are shameful and a sad reflection of ignorance in a broader social sense.

• Like 2

Bloody hell, would you posters just relax and stop with the stupid bickering and snide comments.

It's going to be a very long year on Demonland if this is what is happening after rd 1.

You have my vote Wormburner.

But good luck with your request.

you don't think mental illness is a medical condition? wow

its not,my brother told me its only in the mind

Edited by jazza
  • Like 1

For what it's worth, I'd charaterise depression as being more like diabetes than cancer.

Needs continuous monitoring.

Everything you do has to take it into account.

Generally, you've got it for life, at least to some extent.

There's no established 'cultural practice' for family and friends to provide appropriate sympathy and support.

But

Managed well and with good information, the harm can be really effectively contained in most cases, and people can continue to live life in full.

- - - - -

Anyway, whatever the actual trouble for Mitch is, he is a lucky, lucky man in terms of his contract and working conditions. That doesn't mean he is doing even the slightest thing wrong by the club or the supporters. If anyone wants to be upset about it, try to keep perspective as far as recognising that ithis is a general 'AFL/sports elite distorted pay' issue, not a Mitch Clark issue.

Edited by Little Goffy
  • Like 5

Not sure if serious.... But really hoping you're not

definately im not.

suffer myself and having a" better" day.

sorry for the bad humour,i was reworking an old joke of biffs.{he told me it would get laughs}

• Like 5

its not,my brother told me its only in the mind

I'd have a quiet word to your brother.

Depression may not be a physical condition in terms of a muscle tear or strain but it commonly has accompanying physical manifestations - lethargy, loss of appetite to name but two.

It is indeed a medical condition.

Edit - bad humor indeed.

Edited by nutbean

definately im not.

suffer myself and having a" better" day.

sorry for the bad humour,i was reworking an old joke of biffs.{he told me it would get laughs}

Never trust Biff or BBO with humour advice... They're like the two guys from MASH, they think they're hilarious cos they're drunk, but everyone else is going through hell...

• Like 1

Never trust Biff or BBO with humour advice... They're like the two guys from MASH, they think they're hilarious cos they're drunk, but everyone else is going through hell...

I think you have totally missed the whole point of MASH stuie

• Like 1

I think you have totally missed the whole point of MASH stuie

stuie could be the frank burns of demonland?

Edited by jazza
  • Like 7

Well it's clear BBO could actually be Klinger...

dfrog definately radar.

Edited by jazza

Just took the following fro PR story on Gawn playing this weekend

“My communication with Mitch is through text and just really a support base, and just to say ‘that I’m here for you, give me a call when you can’,” he said.

“We’re here and we’re supporting and certainly doctors are monitoring it a bit more closely. But his latest text was ‘thanks very much, the club’s been terrific’, so that’s been the extent of it at the moment.

That sounds like a long term problem to me and the eight weeks off is the start only

• Like 2