Post Match Discussion

Demonland

WYL, I concur with you.

Soft list, coach killers.

Attract a coach? Gotta be kidding.

Neil Craig lost me after the pathetic selections and total inactivity against the Cats.

If Neeld was bad, Craig is a disaster.

I know sarcasm isn't conveyed well over written word but surely, that is sarcasm.

• Like 5

I know sarcasm isn't conveyed well over written word but surely, that is sarcasm.

Yes and no.

I'm saddened by this team.

I think I'm pining at the imminent loss of Mitch Clark forever and the complete [censored] up that will occur in the draft.

When Wight, Febeys, Lovell, Lovett, Grinter, Stynes, Viney, Lyon, Wilson, Farmer used to grace the MCG, EVERY team shat themselves playing against us.

Now they laugh and play up to the crowd.

Yes and no.

I think I'm pining at the imminent loss of Mitch Clark forever and the complete [censored] up that will occur in the draft.

When Wight, Febeys, Lovell, Lovett, Grinter, Stynes, Viney, Lyon, Wilson, Farmer used to grace the MCG, EVERY team shat themselves playing against us.

I think we are all saddened but at the end of the day all we can really do is look forwards or bemoan what's happen over the last 8 years.

Clark... who knows what will happen but we've got to hope for the best. I know not much has been heard from him but with the whole season off and some top notch medical attention I'm hoping beyond hope that he comes back fully fit.

The team at the moment, I know a number of them just aren't up to it but a good number of them are, they just need to get their heads in the right space. There are good footballers in most of them, somewhere, we just need some leadership and someone (a good coach) who can coax it out of them so that one day soon we'll be feared again.

I'm now just doing my best to stick with hope as I was incredibly close to just giving up earlier this season, but they have improved over the last month and I think that trend can continue with Craig and maybe more so with a Williams or Eade. Hang in there mate, the good times will come.

Yes and no.

Which teams rocking up to the G in 97 were particularly nervous about playing us.

I think we are all saddened but at the end of the day all we can really do is look forwards or bemoan what's happen over the last 8 years.

Clark... who knows what will happen but we've got to hope for the best. I know not much has been heard from him but with the whole season off and some top notch medical attention I'm hoping beyond hope that he comes back fully fit.

The team at the moment, I know a number of them just aren't up to it but a good number of them are, they just need to get their heads in the right space. There are good footballers in most of them, somewhere, we just need some leadership and someone (a good coach) who can coax it out of them so that one day soon we'll be feared again.

I'm now just doing my best to stick with hope as I was incredibly close to just giving up earlier this season, but they have improved over the last month and I think that trend can continue with Craig and maybe more so with a Williams or Eade. Hang in there mate, the good times will come.

I had so much optimism at the start of this year, but meek efforts have flattened me.

I don't want to see 'improvement'. I don't want 'positives'. I want WINS.

That means I want blood! I want people sacked and players delisted and the perpetrators called to account. I want Presidents and board members to resign, coaches to go and captains demoted.

I WANT SOMETHING BLOODY WELL DONE!

There, that feels better.

People sacked - Schwab, Neeld, Harringon (kind of)

Players delisted - well that's not going to happen before the season's end. Nice try.

Perpetrators called to account - Schwab, Neeld, McLardy

Presidents to resign - McLardy

Board members to resign - McLardy, Hayes, Grimshaw, Jalland

Coaches to go - Neeld

Captains demoted - was always unlikely to happen mid-season, and is likely to happen post-season.

Something done - see above.

Also, wins - Bulldogs.

WYL, I concur with you.

Neil Craig lost me after the pathetic selections and total inactivity against the Cats.

i am glad someone else can see the reality.

Beating GW$ will not save any situation. Every other club looks at us with disdain & why not.

Dual Captains...Why?

Club hasn't got the balls to even pick a true leader.

Next years membership application rolled up in the mail last week. $800

The MFC better show some real ticker before i pay up.

Professional Sportsmen...35 wins since 2006 is it?

Someone please put this thread out of its misery.

And for god's sake WYL, quit your bloody whining, or at least save it for when the team gets belted. It was a competitive showing against Brisbane. That's infinitely better than what was being served up just a month ago.

WYL, I concur with you.

worst post of the year, seriously

• Like 2

Someone please put this thread out of its misery.

And for god's sake WYL, quit your bloody whining, or at least save it for when the team gets belted. It was a competitive showing against Brisbane. That's infinitely better than what was being served up just a month ago.

whining??

Give me a break. How bout we all stop copping rubbish.

1 goal in the last quarter is not acceptable. That's when games are won.

no i am not. I am asking legitimate questions that you don't like.

We should have beaten the Paddle Pops last night. Sick of people going soft on this list.

What's the legitimate question, Wyl, what does Darren Glass do to inspire his players, he is as quite as a mouse but he generally beats his opponent and never gets towelled up, same as I pointed out to you last year about Trenners. Nick Maxwell hardly a gifted talent but like Trengove he does all the 1%ers required and you know what football is actually a very easy game made difficult by players and coaches.

Trenners is fairly level headed, our best tackler and you have no idea what he does at the club day to day and neither do I.

Don't put yourself on some pedestal that you have higher expectations than the rest of us because you want a flag, FFS crawl before you run, they take time and if you want to be serious hard yards are needed, tough times and don't give me any of this we've been carp for the last 7 years. News flash we started again last season and have sorted out the spine for a decent few years to come.

Yes I want a flag, but they are hard to win, I would like to be a contender for a decent stretch, our list is actually not that bad a few tweaks and the right decisions will sort us out in the same manner the Tigers have turned things around since 2010.

Trenners will never be a Judd, Ablett type but he will continue to be a solid contributor on our list for a long long time

• Like 3

Yes, whining. It's so repetitive. You dwell on the negative to the point of ridiculous, and you avoid acknowledging counter points to enable you to keep doing so.

You've said Trengove never does anything on the field to lift his side, yet it has been pointed out to you a few times that he led the tackle count, and also put in a successful chase against the quickest player on the field. So you either don't rate these acts, or you would prefer to ignore them because they don't suit your argument. I share your concerns about Trengove, but you seem detached from reality, such is your level of criticism.

And yes, the team's crap. You mentioning it a thousand times isn't going to change that. You're not opening anyone's eyes to anything other than your own inability to notice improvement.

Seriously mate, get a grip.

• Like 8

We're laying into Trengove? Really?

I thought everyone was pretty impressive, especially Frawley, Watts, Sylvia, Fitzy and Viney.

Our poorest were:

Blease (8 touches in 90% game time is horrid)

Gawn (well beaten)

Toumpas (shouldn't have played)

Dawes (really poor performance)

Thought Trenners was pretty good to be honest, but I wait before posting!

Disagree with this. Dawes worked hard and the kicking to him was atrocious, not to mention it was dripping wet conditions and tough to mark.

Also, Dean Terlich needs to learn that he's not superman. He continually tries to run through tackles and gets caught. Nathan Jones used to be like that, but has improved, and Terlich needs to take a leaf out of his book.

He also needs to tighten up defensively, it seems his opponents are kicking a few goals against him.

Jones still consistently turns back into traffic and gets tackled. He stamped this out of his game last year, but it has returned this year. It probably has something to do with the lack of space he has been afforded this year.

I'm probably Dean Terlich's biggest fan, but last night was by far his worst game of the year. His opponents regularly kick bags against him, and he has virtually ceased winning one on ones over the past few weeks.

We have to remember though that he is a first year player, and the year is long long long for all but the best first year players.

worst post of the year, seriously

Okay, I'll bite.

The Geelong loss was a disaster.

You spent so much of your time potting Mark Neeld that you think Craig has 'fixed' things - surely you jest?

Who picks a team that's full of talls in those atrocious conditions?

Who allows a Brownlow medallist to rack up 30+ possessions, with NOT ONE opponent on him?

Geelong players were laughing, clapping, high fiving....the ultimate disrespect.

Make no mistake, the 10 goals loss was awful and Saturday night was not much better.

On top of that, we have players threatening not to re-sign if a certain coach had stayed. What happens? The reactive CEO, under the orders of the AFL, sacks the coach.

Great! We roll on with undisciplined players, down hill skiers and threats of player walk outs.

As one poster so aptly put it...for this club, 'what does pillow taste like?'

Okay, I'll bite.

The Geelong loss was a disaster.

You spent so much of your time potting Mark Neeld that you think Craig has 'fixed' things - surely you jest?

Who picks a team that's full of talls in those atrocious conditions?

Who allows a Brownlow medallist to rack up 30+ possessions, with NOT ONE opponent on him?

Geelong players were laughing, clapping, high fiving....the ultimate disrespect.

Make no mistake, the 10 goals loss was awful and Saturday night was not much better.

On top of that, we have players threatening not to re-sign if a certain coach had stayed. What happens? The reactive CEO, under the orders of the AFL, sacks the coach.

Great! We roll on with undisciplined players, down hill skiers and threats of player walk outs.

As one poster so aptly put it...for this club, 'what does pillow taste like?'

I think maybe Neeld was sacked because he had won what 5 games out of 40 something, made some terrible off field decisions and had more 100 point losses next to his name than anyone i have ever seen apart from perhaps Kevin sheedy at GWS, either way he wasn't good enough.

Neil craig IMO has come in and done exactly what we needed him too, united the playing group, helped the boys enjoy their footy again and has them playing around where i think we hoped they would this year anyway, with mitch clark fit and craig coaching all year we may have won 5-6 games, had a few tight ones and not been blown away, but does he have them playing out of their skin and members getting back on board? no, but he is doing okay.

what you have to understand is that it would take a pre season for the players to shift to Neil craigs style and for him to get everything in place, we aren't seeing the new game style and list changes he might implement next year if he stays on, just a man trying to recover from our clubs greatest coaching mistake in a long time.

• Like 2