WELCOME TO DEMONLAND - PAUL ROOS

timmyo64

Rodney Eade 2yr contract with Adam Simpson as understudy ......-happy with that

to me that is my third preference in terms of outcomes but still good

if we can't have Roos or Choco, Eade is the obvious choice, if this is indeed true it would be interesting to know why Choco was overlooked

Guys no one has been appointed, who knows who has been interviewed.

At this point it could be anyone.

Remour on Remour

A bit more patience is required as Dees supporters we are used to waiting.

So hang in there for a little longer.

Just remember we were busting a gut to appoint someone at the end 2011 and look how that turned out.

Edited by old dee
  • Like 2

Guys no one has been appointed, who knows who has been interviewed.

At this point it could be anyone.

Remour on Remour

A bit more patience is required as Dees supporters we are used to waiting.

So hang in there for a little longer.

Just remember we were busting a gut to appoint someone at the end 2011 and look how that turned out.

This is not the time for cool headedness, we need to start/add as many wild rumours as possible!

• Like 2

Well it must be behind Collingwoods back.

That's why I said "ahead of schedule."

I'm well aware that Collingwood made a fuss of not wanting interviews to occur til after finals.

I'm not sure of why we are apparently doing it earlier.

Maybe since Richmond don't seem to mind is interviewing Williams now, Collingwood privately softened their stance?

I don't know.

If Eade got the job I could live with it. But as I said a few weeks ago he reminds of another Neale Daniher. Their records, game and development style are very similar.

Is that the ND that actually won games as a coach, FMD the clubs won 34 games since he left.
  • Like 2

If Eade got the job I could live with it. But as I said a few weeks ago he reminds of another Neale Daniher. Their records, game and development style are very similar.

In all seriousness I could handle a few of ND's years.

Compared to the last six they were bloody wonderful.

If Eade can get us into a GF like ND achieved I will be more than happy with him as coach.

• Like 1

That's why I said "ahead of schedule."

I'm well aware that Collingwood made a fuss of not wanting interviews to occur til after finals.

I'm not sure of why we are apparently doing it earlier.

Gary Pert said some weeks ago that PJ had spoken to him to agree on how they would approach Eade without disrupting the Pies. He was very appreciative that PJ was doing it this way and said he would work to facilitate any contact. I'm sure they won't stop talks taking place before the end of their season. I would say they don't want an announcement made before then, that's all. They won't want to go through what they did with sacking Neeld in the middle of their finals campaign which apparently had a significant impact.

• Like 3

Gary Pert said some weeks ago that PJ had spoken to him to agree on how they would approach Eade without disrupting the Pies. He was very appreciative that PJ was doing it this way and said he would work to facilitate any contact. I'm sure they won't stop talks taking place before the end of their season. I would say they don't want an announcement made before then, that's all. They won't want to go through what they did with sacking Neeld in the middle of their finals campaign which apparently had a significant impact.

What they all fell about laughing!

• Like 1

Melbourne believe they are still in the running for Roos. Roos has not made a decision on if and where he will coach. AFL equally supportive of Roos coaching Melb or Brisbane as Brisbane financially is a basket case which only success will cure. This is not in our favour.

Roos has told Melbourne he will not consider Melbourne's contract/offer further until the President, Board and Administration are finalised (as he said in the HS two weeks ago). I suggest we hurry up and sort this out.

Personally I would prefer Roos but would be happy with either Roos, Williams or Eade.

Just saying the club still has confidence, however probably fair to say not as high confidence as a month ago.

doesn't seem to be much happening behind the scenes at the moment

Would that be why it is called 'behind the scenes'?

And the club is getting on with life.

They are doing their search and they are doing their list management - players are being reviewed and told of their future right now. Two weeks ago Couch and MacDonald were told and I am sure others will be informed of their futures before the coach is even installed.

• Like 1

Melbourne believe they are still in the running for Roos. Roos has not made a decision on if and where he will coach. AFL equally supportive of Roos coaching Melb or Brisbane as Brisbane financially is a basket case which only success will cure. This is not in our favour.

Roos has told Melbourne he will not consider Melbourne's contract/offer further until the President, Board and Administration are finalised (as he said in the HS two weeks ago). I suggest we hurry up and sort this out.

Personally I would prefer Roos but would be happy with either Roos, Williams or Eade.

Just saying the club still has confidence, however probably fair to say not as high confidence as a month ago.

Thanks GNF, i really wish the club would update us as to where all of that is at

Would that be why it is called 'behind the scenes'?

And the club is getting on with life.

They are doing their search and they are doing their list management - players are being reviewed and told of their future right now. Two weeks ago Couch and MacDonald were told and I am sure others will be informed of their futures before the coach is even installed.

Its easy to delist mate, it's harder to retain.

Thanks GNF, i really wish the club would update us as to where all of that is at

I think you will find that the members will be updated on Sunday on the progress that the club is making.

Pj will do media rounds, with President to talk at Presidents lunch and board members talking to social club members at half time.

Generally the way is works on home games.

Its easy to delist mate, it's harder to retain.

So you are saying that the club is drowning because Watts and Sylvia might leave because we don't have a coach yet?

Who else might we lose this summer?

Those out of contract: Davey (RFA), Taggert, Tynan, Fitzpatrick, Nicholson, MacDonald, Sellar, Jetta, Davis, Couch ®, Magner ®, Rodan, Gillies, Clisby ®, Stark ®

I mean, we are hardly about to be torn apart because we are waiting a few weeks to get a coach in. The only talent we must keep from that list is Watts, Syvia, and Fitz.

And I would be close to trading all three next summer if they were re-signed and a few other things went right like Clark coming back and a few things went wrong like Sylvia's career staying on its current trajectory.

It was on FB mate. I would prefer Choco myself.

so the great dream might come true

choco -royal?

• Like 1

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

and now to get the rocket page up to ??????