WELCOME TO DEMONLAND - PAUL ROOS

timmyo64

hindsight is a wonderful thing old dee, in 2010 we had a better list going forward according to many. Funny old game and things change very quickly.

when considering Meth Coast's list consider names who will are diminshing very fast and will be gone in either 2014 or 15

Cox - Lycett & Sinclair are not up to it

Kerr - like Cousins and Judd very hard type of player to replace

Glass - very underated and on his last legs, Mckenzie is no where near as good and does not marshall the defence the same was as Glass does

Embley - good 2nd tier player who provides depth

Watters - Bashed his body around and no replacement

Adam Selwood - finished

Le Cras - I will give him the benefit of the doubt as it is 1st season back from serious knee injury but is a long way off his form pre-knee recon

That is a big gap in the list to fill and any Roos will view it this way

What about Cale Morton, surely he makes up for sone gaps.

blessing in disguise?

what makes roos a better option than the other three? similar type records, and im sure longmire and lyon did as much for the culture of the swans as roos did.

blessing in disguise?

what makes roos a better option than the other three? similar type records, and im sure longmire and lyon did as much for the culture of the swans as roos did.

What makes Gary Ablett better than Nathan Ablett? Both have won a premiership and have similar type winning records.

• Like 1

Yes, thanks mjt, I am aware Garry is not helping pick the coach. In fact, he has nothing to do with the club, maybe that's the point...

Im sure he has more knowledge of what's going down than you or myself, maybe that's the point.

Amusing that no-one has noted whether Roos touched his ear etc when speaking.

I'm not sure why Roos has such a high reputation - perhaps he deserves it. I have no way of knowing who is a better coach. But all things being equal, I'd prefer a coach that has the team play like Geelong does and wins a premiership than the way Sydney played and won in the past. Of course I'd prefer Sydney-style to not winning a premiership.

the general reaction to a rumoured ( unconfirmed ) job rejection by Roos

u0lh.jpg

• Like 3

Im sure he has more knowledge of what's going down than you or myself, maybe that's the point.

Why would he? He doesn't spend any time at the club other than watching training occasionally. Same as me.

• Like 1

Why would he? He doesn't spend any time at the club other than watching training occasionally. Same as me.

Im sure Hes closer to men like Viney and Sugar Healy than we are, are you that simple as to think he doesn't have inside knowledge, give me a break stu.
  • Like 1

Well he can't be any good if he's over 60; can he.

Frank Costa done well, I know your comment was tongue in cheek RF.

When he said he hadn't talked to anyone at MFC since he spoke to Peter he was hiding the fact that he may have been speaking to AFL people since then about the job?

For what its worth I don't think he will be out coach.

If its true wouldn't SEN be all over it and possibly be mentioned on AFL360 (granted its on just started but noting so far not even a passing comment on it)

Also If it is true it would be good for the Dees to come out and say Roos will not coach us and we can all move on to the other options which CANNOT be a newbie.

For argument sake who out of Williams or Eade or Craig would be able to sell the club better to sponsors, players and members/supporters?

IMO I think it would be Williams cause he is a bit left of field.

For argument sake who out of Williams or Eade or Craig would be able to sell the club better to sponsors, players and members/supporters?

IMO I think it would be Williams cause he is a bit left of field.

Williams is a premiership coach and i think that will be a huge tick if it comes to choosing, i am hoping for eade, during his time at the bulldogs they played a skillful hard running style which i think would really suit our list

Still $1.75 on sportsbet... Good odds on the others if true!

and you reckon bookies would be right on to it !!

Williams is a premiership coach and i think that will be a huge tick if it comes to choosing, i am hoping for eade, during his time at the bulldogs they played a skillful hard running style which i think would really suit our list

Sorry demonfan I was asking the question regardless of who has won a premiership but rather who will sell our club cause we need that big time. That is to sell memberships beyond 40k attract sponsors etc

Also will Eades game plan work for us cause from what I can remember the dogs were very good at attacking but defensively were poor, or am I mistaken?

Edited by DemonOX

Sorry demonfan I was asking the question regardless of who has won a premiership but rather who will sell our club cause we need that big time. That is to sell memberships beyond 40k attract sponsors etc

Also will Eades game plan work for us cause from what I can remember the dogs were very good at attacking but defensively were poor, or am I mistaken?

Oh sorry, look i think all three are on a different planet in that respect compared to Roos, but i think Williams would probably be the best of the three in terms of sponsors and members, premiership coach, took apart the great Brisbane team, very outgoing and i think will really talk the list up and get people excited

• Like 1

Oh sorry, look i think all three are on a different planet in that respect compared to Roos, but i think Williams would probably be the best of the three in terms of sponsors and members, premiership coach, took apart the great Brisbane team, very outgoing and i think will really talk the list up and get people excited

Yeah that was my gut feel too. He will be a breath of fresh air to have an experienced coach.

The only thing I wish is that we could know sooner rather than later who our coach is. I know we will most likely find out at the end of the season but our season is over (it was over in rd2) so let's get it done (that's my wish).

Yeah that was my gut feel too. He will be a breath of fresh air to have an experienced coach.

The only thing I wish is that we could know sooner rather than later who our coach is. I know we will most likely find out at the end of the season but our season is over (it was over in rd2) so let's get it done (that's my wish).

It'd be great wouldn't it?

Sadly i can't see us finding out any time soon, at this stage it still might well be Roos, i'm glad Jackson seems to have stopped the constant info leaking but just some sort of idea would be really nice at this point