Jackson signs on until 2014

FC Melbourne

He needs to be given the chance to restructure the club and now he has been. The next month will be interesting to see what recommendations he makes.

Many say neeld fractured the club by making moves too early. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out

... this is fantastic,,, depression has hit since yesterday evening, & I think I need to get away from the computer & get outside to get as much daylight as I can.

what a relief... re PJackson. I smell a nice little win win coming on down the track, from the left of field...

I started watching the replay this afternoon, I watched 3 Qtrs of the game except the last. apart from our lack of composure causing terribly ordinary disposal errors, we actually went OK... but our turnovers killed us on the scoreboard.

..... & Jack Watts went better in his involvement in the action near him,,, not perfect, but enough to see he has, what is worth persevering with... & his kicking, well I'm not telling anyone anything, by saying its great.

I can see improvement, I can see learning, but its just not showing Yet on the scoreboard... against stronger teams. but it will after the break, when we play some teams from our current part of the ladder.

Edited by dee-luded
  • Like 2

... this is fantastic,,, depression has hit since yesterday evening, & I think I need to get away from the computer & get outside to get as much daylight as I can.

what a relief... re PJackson. I smell a nice little win win coming on down the track, from the left of field...

I started watching the replay this afternoon, I watched 3 Qtrs of the game except the last. apart from our lack of composure causing terribly ordinary disposal errors, we actually went OK... but our turnovers killed us on the scoreboard.

..... & Jack Watts went better in his involvement in the action near him,,, not perfect, but enough to see he has, what is worth persevering with... & his kicking, well I'm not telling anyone anything, by saying its great.

I can see improvement, I can learning, but its just not showing Yet on the scoreboard... against stronger teams. but it will after the break, when we play some teams from our current part of the ladder.

I haven't watched the replay yet but i will..... I agree with your summary Deeluded - we got smashed on the scoreboard but it wasn't all doom and gloom

I accept people will smash me for having the non popular opinio,n but I've listened to Dawes and Neeld over the past few weeks and you can see positive changes if you look through the scoreboard results

Edited by Unleash Hell

He needs to be given the chance to restructure the club and now he has been. The next month will be interesting to see what recommendations he makes.

Hope he recommends a big surprise win on Monday, and the players take up the challenge :-))))))))

On a serious note, we have been fortunate to have him on board. Now he may well be a masochist to take this on, but hey, join the club......all longstanding MFC members and supporters are by their nature mascohistic or they wouldn't stick around.

Edited by monoccular
  • Like 1

rather than getting so excited with the new kid on the block, how about we just say sit back and see what he actually does before we cry hallelujah

• Like 4

I think this is a plus to have a person of his caliber overseeing things at the club and with no danger of having bias extending his stay

His reputation of making sound and tough decisions should at least give supporters some confidence and hope for the future success of the club on and off the field

Good luck sir, the methodical steps to some success please let them begin....... Now!

Ps amazing how little response this has received in this thread as a positive yet so much attention to the negative on the Neeld situation in other threads.