That's now what you said, you said you think Gold Coast are better than Richmond.

didn't GC come from behind to beat Tigers last time they met?? Why should that not be the barometer? Who cares anyway:)

didn't GC come from behind to beat Tigers last time they met?? Why should that not be the barometer? Who cares anyway:)

Was that the barometer when we played Essendon this year?

1 game doesn't make a team.

tpm, I don't 'give' it to any Demonlanders - I love the debate.

I'm not being cute, your post was terrific.

We need to be patient.

Sadly I'm very impatient. Has been 13 years since Melbourne were last a truly respected club. Just ran out of legs in the finish.

Don't be pedantic.

Yes, I think that GCS have less spuds than Richmond.

Okay, too ambiguous for you.....I think that GCS are better than Richmond.

Happy?

You're entitled to your opinion. I just disagree, and I'm pretty sure the ladder at the end of the year will reflect my opinion.

Was that the barometer when we played Essendon this year?

1 game doesn't make a team.

Probably faulty barometer. Weather radar on iphone far more certain. Any more video's Stuie?...They're cool.

Agreed GC would struggle without GAJ.

You're entitled to your opinion. I just disagree, and I'm pretty sure the ladder at the end of the year will reflect my opinion.

Who cares Guy's? Were all Demons should I remind you :))

Probably faulty barometer. Weather radar on iphone far more certain. Any more video's Stuie?...They're cool.

Agreed GC would struggle without GAJ.

GC may very well be better than Richmond in a few years, but we as MFC supporters know potential doesn't always pan out!

Gotta start somewhere, CHAMP.

CHAMP

If Dees raised the intensity level by half things would change. This is why I raised the topic HYPERBOLE. Nothing to do with GC or Tigers...Which team's better whatever. Melbourne does have lots of talent. Problem is the boy's need game time. Guy's like Taggert. He hasn't played yet. Toumpass will be very good as will Watts. Just hope we can hold Watts and not see him trot off to Blues after his 100 th game.

The hyperbole was directed at most of us, including myself, venting out at Neeld and Melbourne post GC. Were we over the top. I was. Neeld isn't the greatest coach going around. I have a suspicion however there is an ugly plot to undermine him. Are his assistants truly assisting? Does Craig want the Job?

True, but we've picked some shockers in the draft.

The big 'P' word is hanging over young Jack like the Sword of Damocles...

I don't think that's the 'P' word hanging over our players at the moment........

tumblr_lzuwwteG261qhdif9o1_r1_500.gif

Haha onya Neeldy.

Stuie,

Must confess would not be sad to learn on tonights news pre Budget that Neeld has stood down and Paul Rood will stand in for the remainder of the Season. Good news.

Having said that there is a very strong and compelling case to hold Neeld at least till the end of 2014. My gut feeling is this announcement is imminent. It's impossible to Coach or play sport without confidence and this includes the confidence of being assured your position is secure. Agreed? Expect major announcement very soon.

first we cop it for not having young recruits in the club, then we play jw and cop it for not protecting him.so now the fd recruits cheap hard bodied players to cover gaps while young skinny not ready kids get a grounding at casey while thier frame puts on muscle and we dont throw them to the wolves.clark and dawes will hide protect and mature hogan for the next 3 years. good decision fd

jimmy t not playing atm is a good decision . i had the feeling in the 2ndQ that a couple of goals would have turned the momentum but this was all over after the misses.i then saw aplayer take eyes of the ball TWICE right in front of me , so it will be interesting to see whats done about it.first Q sunday we played up the middle, highly unusual for us and the ball was butchered so in the 2nd he changed tack. i thought this was a sign the coach and players are becoming adaptive which is needed in modern footy.notwithstanding a clear lack of class is holding us back from being at least a bit competitive, so there is signs of improvement and besides the sack neeld crew i personally can see parts of the building blocks falling into place and would desperately like the board to see out the fd contract 2014. its then and only then that we can judge the fd

im not scared for the next 4 weeks , as a matter of fact i think some players are looking forward to the process going another step week by week.btw if a player is looking to jump ship like every poster seems to think. then thier doing a bad job of it because they should be showing future employers thier skills and determination for a contract at the prospective new club

Stuie,

Must confess would not be sad to learn on tonights news pre Budget that Neeld has stood down and Paul Rood will stand in for the remainder of the Season. Good news.

Having said that there is a very strong and compelling case to hold Neeld at least till the end of 2014. My gut feeling is this announcement is imminent. It's impossible to Coach or play sport without confidence and this includes the confidence of being assured your position is secure. Agreed? Expect major announcement very soon.

I'm of the opinion that the smart thing to do would be to leave it til about round 18 or so and, if things haven't improved, move him on and get a head start on a replacement.

Of course, club land is not always a patient place and MFC might not be able to take the pressure should we have a big loss this weekend.

first we cop it for not having young recruits in the club, then we play jw and cop it for not protecting him.so now the fd recruits cheap hard bodied players to cover gaps while young skinny not ready kids get a grounding at casey while thier frame puts on muscle and we dont throw them to the wolves.clark and dawes will hide protect and mature hogan for the next 3 years. good decision fd

jimmy t not playing atm is a good decision . i had the feeling in the 2ndQ that a couple of goals would have turned the momentum but this was all over after the misses.i then saw aplayer take eyes of the ball TWICE right in front of me , so it will be interesting to see whats done about it.first Q sunday we played up the middle, highly unusual for us and the ball was butchered so in the 2nd he changed tack. i thought this was a sign the coach and players are becoming adaptive which is needed in modern footy.notwithstanding a clear lack of class is holding us back from being at least a bit competitive, so there is signs of improvement and besides the sack neeld crew i personally can see parts of the building blocks falling into place and would desperately like the board to see out the fd contract 2014. its then and only then that we can judge the fd

im not scared for the next 4 weeks , as a matter of fact i think some players are looking forward to the process going another step week by week.btw if a player is looking to jump ship like every poster seems to think. then thier doing a bad job of it because they should be showing future employers thier skills and determination for a contract at the prospective new club

ok Jazza. Prepared to go with that for now. Would like to say the Hogan will need no protection apart from his own exuberance ..He's a tough kid and am sure he could lay Dawes on his back quick smart

I'm of the opinion that the smart thing to do would be to leave it til about round 18 or so and, if things haven't improved, move him on and get a head start on a replacement.

Of course, club land is not always a patient place and MFC might not be able to take the pressure should we have a big loss this weekend.

Q is. how to judge the improvement? Jazza made some excellent points. For me. Just can't see any building blocks in place. Looks an absolute rabble. Things can change fast.

Thai, your comments about Dawes are way off base.

On the weekend Sylvia alone kicked the ball over his head 5 times with a dumb long bomb. It happened too often to be a coincidence. It's obviously part of the game plan and is bloody terrible. Dawes was in front each time and a couple of times sprayed at Col (who thoroughly deserved it).

I can't understand the desire to crucify Dawes already from some. So we paid overs? well we did it so we met the salary cap and you can bet the contract is front loaded while we can afford it (from a salary cap perspective).

Put Dawes, Clark and Hogan in the same team and we have the potential for a brutally good forward line. You have to think passed last week when we had the worst midfield we've put on the park in 150 years.

• Like 2

Thai, your comments about Dawes are way off base.

On the weekend Sylvia alone kicked the ball over his head 5 times with a dumb long bomb. It happened too often to be a coincidence. It's obviously part of the game plan and is bloody terrible. Dawes was in front each time and a couple of times sprayed at Col (who thoroughly deserved it).

I can't understand the desire to crucify Dawes already from some. So we paid overs? well we did it so we met the salary cap and you can bet the contract is front loaded while we can afford it (from a salary cap perspective).

Put Dawes, Clark and Hogan in the same team and we have the potential for a brutally good forward line. You have to think passed last week when we had the worst midfield we've put on the park in 150 years.

Have said a number of times Dawes looked good in the number 6.

Yes have some reservations about him but that's mainly based on recent Collingwood form. Looks slow and awkward hand to boot kicking style. Fair cop though HBT!! Accepted!

Dawes better get used the poor delivery and not use this less than perfect delivery as an excuse for not finding the ball. Melbourne will never have Beams, Swann, Thomas, Sidebottom pumping it in lace up. Dawes will have to find another way rather than blaming bad delivery especially in the short term.

Have said a number of times Dawes looked good in the number 6.

Yes have some reservations about him but that's mainly based on recent Collingwood form. Looks slow and awkward hand to boot kicking style. Fair cop though HBT!! Accepted!

Dawes better get used the poor delivery and not use this less than perfect delivery as an excuse for not finding the ball. Melbourne will never have Beams, Swann, Thomas, Sidebottom pumping it in lace up. Dawes will have to find another way rather than blaming bad delivery especially in the short term.

[/quote

In regard to the game plan. yes I agree. Players often seem confused. Footy is so fast these days. If Neeld's game plan is a little too intricate players will stuff up.

One thing I have noticed apart from often ignoring good short leads and loose man over the top is players seem crazy about protecting or running and covering an opponent rather than attacking the balIt's bizarre ...our guys will run away from the ball to guard a loose player. This leads to the attitude, well we conceded a goal but at least I covered my man...It's a bad look to see our own arguing and squabbling while the game is in progress.

Another obvious problem is the other extreme. Like a false desire to show determination to get the ball. 5 demons to one opposing player diving on the ball...result...it pops out and 4 opposing plyers are spreading, loose and away...goal!

Edited by thaipantsman

One of the highlights of the game for me was Dawes kick to Gawn in the 2nd quarter. He put it over the defender to Gawn's advantage, close to perfect delivery. It was a sight for sore eyes.

I think Dawes will be good for us long term, I just wish we had more quality in the midfield to give our forward line better delivery more often.

• Like 4

One of the highlights of the game for me was Dawes kick to Gawn in the 2nd quarter. He put it over the defender to Gawn's advantage, close to perfect delivery. It was a sight for sore eyes.

I think Dawes will be good for us long term, I just wish we had more quality in the midfield to give our forward line better delivery more often.

We did!! Sadly gave it to Brisbane. Jamar is injured. Jamar/Moloney were awesome