Responsibility

Whispering_Jack

The club's statement may earlier in year, in regard to our involvement with Dank, may have been truthful, but it certainly gives the wrong impression as to our dealings with him.

With all we've been through in the last few years, I find it inconceivable that the club would try to deceive the supporters in such a way. And not only that, they've left the club open to another scandal to be played out through the media.

As supporters I believe we deserve better.

• Like 4

This club is so badly run and its administration so incompetent, that being drafted to the Melbourne Football Club could be considered restraint of trade for players.

The board and the administration have been so derelict in their capacity to carry out the basic functions of a football club that I don't believe any player wishing to be immediately released from their contract, should be precluded from doing so.

As fans, our relationship with the club does not exist on paper, we can walk whenever we want and I'm sure plenty already have.

Our relationship with the club is an emotional one which when broken, can never be repaired.

I am trying to separate my feelings towards those who have so incompetently lied, mislead and destroyed the fabric of the club I love, from the club itself, but I like I'm sure many others, am almost at the end of my tether.

• Like 4

I notice that Mark Robinson's team at the HUN are going for the MFC hammer and tongs on this drug fiasco (he'll do anything to get his beloved Essendon out of the headlines). But what worries me most right now is Mark Neeld's extraordinary claim that the MFC and Greater Western Sydney "are pretty much at similar stages in terms of their development and what we're trying to do". Are you kidding me? Talk about setting us up for a loss!

• Like 6

When did Hazy enlighten us about withholding information about the club doctor's association with Dank after his job application was rejected?

Anyway, I don't believe anybody has disputed the basic idea that boards need to be honest with their membership, have they?

That's what I'm addressing here.

Glad you are on board Jack. Good work.

But what worries me most right now is Mark Neeld's extraordinary claim that the MFC and Greater Western Sydney "are pretty much at similar stages in terms of their development and what we're trying to do".

What comes out of his mouth on virtually a daily basis and the decisions he makes border on insanity.

• Like 6

I'm sick of your crap pal. DeeZee asked a question that he/she obviously had heard a rumour about but didn't know if their was anything to it. They didn't make the statement as fact, so enough of the smart arse comments.

I'll make whatever comments I like, if you don't like it, tough, sorry to offend you precious

Stood next to them were you so you know it happened, thought you would know what was said, a disagreement between a Coach and a recruiter over who should be recruited, never, shouldn't happen, sack them both...........................let's start a thread on this as well, worth at least another 15 pages

Sorry, i do apologise for attempting to make a contribution to this thread.

Excellent summation WJ.

This President and most of the board has been in power since 2009.

The Chairman was either DC or the Chairman for that time.

Since then they have:

sacked CS

Were in control at 186

Reappointed CS the next day

sacked the coach after 186

negotiated a $500 000 fine for not tanking

Reappointed CS for 3 years and then sacked him 9 months later

Produced a team that is probably the worst side in 50 years bar none

Produced the greatest ever losing margin at the MCG.

Now we are now mired in the drugs fiasco

Right now this club is a shambles, irrelevant to the competition and the laughing stock of the league.

Not a pretty picture.

Time to Go Don and and all board members should put themselves up for re election at the next AGM.

Thats true, they have sat during all that, like the waterboys and girls.

Old dee dont fall into the trap of not remembering responsibilities. Boards dont oversee the day-to-day activities of the club, it cannot control its players, it merely controls the financials and appointment of key positions such as coach and CEO.

In regards to the negotiations, in terms of oppotunity cost, we were far better off settling. The costs of appealing (apparently were around the same figure), stress and overall risk of outcome (not good precedent for sporting teams appealing) were too high.

Also you forget the most important thing the board has done, and even for you I'm surprised you've been so one-sided, was to get us debt free... They wiped out $5 million during the GFC, when others were calling for our end, and got us into a profit last year.

I'll be the first to admit that they will have to burnden some responsibility for this, but I can assure you that most of them wouldnt have known. They are just board members. They meet once in a while, this isnt their primary job, and cannot tell you what the club doctor has been doing.

The person who should have known, and the one II've been wondering wtf was happening when he was in power was CS.

You have a right to be axe angry, I'm angry too credit where credit is due and blame where blame is due.

• Like 1

the fat controller is not happy...

"As of this morning we will be calling in the doctor, the Melbourne Football Club doctor, together with any other relevant officials based on things we'd been told previously," Mr Demetriou said.

"There appears to be some inconsistencies.

"If there was an association, regardless of whether there has been an employment agreement, I think that would have been relevant to our briefings."

Demetriou did not want to speculate on the ramifications for the club if it was shown to have mislead the AFL about a relationship with Dank.

"This issue of ethics and trust in our code ... is something that you can't play ping-pong with," Mr Demetriou said.

"If anybody hasn't got the message that they must be absolutely truthful ... then there will be consequences."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-to-call-demons-doctor-over-dank-link-20130419-2i3w1.html#ixzz2QrXDCs2w

the fat controller is not happy...

"As of this morning we will be calling in the doctor, the Melbourne Football Club doctor, together with any other relevant officials based on things we'd been told previously," Mr Demetriou said.

"There appears to be some inconsistencies.

"If there was an association, regardless of whether there has been an employment agreement, I think that would have been relevant to our briefings."

Demetriou did not want to speculate on the ramifications for the club if it was shown to have mislead the AFL about a relationship with Dank.

"This issue of ethics and trust in our code ... is something that you can't play ping-pong with," Mr Demetriou said.

"If anybody hasn't got the message that they must be absolutely truthful ... then there will be consequences."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-to-call-demons-doctor-over-dank-link-20130419-2i3w1.html#ixzz2QrXDCs2w

The AFL is becoming more and more like the ATO - they say jump, you say how high.

I too Worry more now about what Neeld has to say , because after watching Melbourne's Insipid start to the season, maybe only he, from all of those at the club, is the only one telling us the "truth," and if that is the case than we are well and truly up the proverbial without a paddle.

Talk about a dysfunctional club we certainly are up there amongst the worst of them.

Misleading your supporters to me is the most unforgivable sin a club can commit.

• Like 1

You are unjustifingly attacking another poster. You should be banned.

Edit - I'm talking about deeZee, not me.

Thanks Billy.

We cant stoop to the level of personal attacks as those who seem to derive pleasure in vitriolic attacks on fellow Demons.

The issue isn't the legality of the 'supplements'. I'd guess at both Essendon and Melbourne, they were all cleared as 'legal' by ASADA or whoever it is.

The issue is that is unethical to be basically experimenting on players. All they would've thought about is if they are 'legal', which they would've been assured that they are. But 'legal', and 'safe and effective' are not the same thing. The clubs all have an ethical code that they must follow. The issue is that all this stuff, especially at Essendon, where they signed waivers and confidentiality clauses, breaches that code. If it were my son playing at either of these clubs, I would be livid. At Essendon he would've been almost forced to sign those forms, then be injected with god-knows-what. At Melbourne, he's playing for a club who seem to be putting the players' best interests last all the time, half of their careers have been ruined by the culture there, and now we find out they too have been given substances that are still in the testing stage, and possibly on the 'to-be-banned' list. Then Melbourne lie about their involvement with this idiot, at least Essendon were smart enough to get it checked out so it at least looks like they are co-operating!

How the hell can the players run out there and play with integrity when their club has none!?

I think Andrew Demetriou is concerned with the ethical boundaries that are being crossed, and the fact Melbourne lied. And yes, it was a lie.

• Like 2

If the text messages are factual, and MFC has been less than fully truthful with the AFL over the club's association with Dank and his 'supplements', then as far as I'm concerned Don McLardy must immediately resign in disgrace, along with any other club officials or directors who share in the culpability.

I love and support MFC but not such unethical and stupid behaviour.

HBT

Thats true, they have sat during all that, like the waterboys and girls.

Old dee dont fall into the trap of not remembering responsibilities. Boards dont oversee the day-to-day activities of the club, it cannot control its players, it merely controls the financials and appointment of key positions such as coach and CEO.

In regards to the negotiations, in terms of oppotunity cost, we were far better off settling. The costs of appealing (apparently were around the same figure), stress and overall risk of outcome (not good precedent for sporting teams appealing) were too high.

Also you forget the most important thing the board has done, and even for you I'm surprised you've been so one-sided, was to get us debt free... They wiped out $5 million during the GFC, when others were calling for our end, and got us into a profit last year.

I'll be the first to admit that they will have to burnden some responsibility for this, but I can assure you that most of them wouldnt have known. They are just board members. They meet once in a while, this isnt their primary job, and cannot tell you what the club doctor has been doing.

The person who should have known, and the one II've been wondering wtf was happening when he was in power was CS.

You have a right to be axe angry, I'm angry too credit where credit is due and blame where blame is due.

...and there lies the problem. The CEO should never been appointed in the first place but to then extend his contract, well that was just pure incompetence.

What comes out of his mouth on virtually a daily basis and the decisions he makes border on insanity.

Some recognized this sooner than others but were dismissed as vendetta driven.

I feel for the supporters, not because of not being told the truth on Dank, but for being fed so much hope and swindled. But the easiest thing to sell is hope to a fractured club.

I strongly suspected it was all rot, but of course that was not the message people wanted.

To Jack's comments. I couldn't give a rats clacker that members were lied to, it may have been done for the right reasons.

But to lie to the AFL is inexcusable.

• Like 2

If the "suplements" are not banned, whats the problem? Players taking vitamins, and extracts etc... has been going on forever and most people take some level of these things (i.e Multivitamins, cod liver oil, etc...).

If it has not crossed a legal line then we are looking at yet another media beat up where they blur the line between legal and non-legal by calling them all "performance enhancing supplements" and obscuring the distinction between those approved and those not approved... And when they realise that the player are not taking illegal substances they turn their focus onto wheather the substance has been swallowed or injected, as if this makes a difference.

Total beat up and another sign of an out of controll media generating a storm in a tea cup to justify the reams of shite they pump out...

Edited by PaulRB

Thanks Billy.

We cant stoop to the level of personal attacks as those who seem to derive pleasure in vitriolic attacks on fellow Demons.

Personal attacks, look who is posting this, I don't let it get to me, and I can show the list of lovely PM's I have received from the likes of Range Rover.......suddenly everybody is precious, which I find laughable.........you were posting a rumour, I was debunking it....simple as that, I am allowed to, don't read what I post if you don't like it....and Billy.....sigh

• Like 2

If the text messages are factual, and MFC has been less than fully truthful with the AFL over the club's association with Dank and his 'supplements', then as far as I'm concerned Don McLardy must immediately resign in disgrace, along with any other club officials or directors who share in the culpability.

I love and support MFC but not such unethical and stupid behaviour.

HBT

IF

...and there lies the problem. The CEO should never been appointed in the first place but to then extend his contract, well that was just pure incompetence.

And thats a great point.

Credit where credit is due and blame where blame is due

If the "suplements" are not banned, whats the problem? Players taking vitamins, and extracts etc... has been going on forever and most people take some level of these things (i.e Multivitamins, cod liver oil, etc...).

If it has not crossed a legal line then we are looking at yet another media beat up where they blur the line between legal and non-legal by calling them all "performance enhancing supplements" and obscuring the distinction between those approved and those not approved... And when they realise that the player are not taking illegal substances they turn their focus onto wheather the substance has been swallowed or injected, as if this makes a difference.

Total beat up and another sign of an out of controll media generating a storm in a tea cup to justify the reams of shite they pump out...

Paul, sorry if this sounds rude, but read the bloody articles. The issue is what we told the AFL, and they are ropable. There is no issue with what we injected.

Going by Vlad's comments on 3AW, if we have mislead them in any way, and let's face it, if they get confirmation that the SMS' were real, then Vlad has just said that there is a rule that we have breached.