Hypothetical coaching question...

stuie

Coach poll  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What's the point? Another crap performance by this group gets another coach fired. There has to be a handful of players who will drive a culture into this playing group. Kelly,Kirk,Bolton and now kieran jack and others have it running through their veins at Sydney. We need it and a coach can ask/demand it but players need to create it. If the players actually had a crack we could find out if neeld and his gameplan work.

• Like 3

What's the point? Another crap performance by this group gets another coach fired. There has to be a handful of players who will drive a culture into this playing group. Kelly,Kirk,Bolton and now kieran jack and others have it running through their veins at Sydney. We need it and a coach can ask/demand it but players need to create it. If the players actually had a crack we could find out if neeld and his gameplan work.

But maybe the players not having a crack is telling us something about Neeld also?

• Like 2

But maybe the players not having a crack is telling us something about Neeld also?

Yeah your right it does have to work both ways. If the players have bought in to neeld's plan then absolutey neeld should go. It's just too hard to tell if they have.

• Like 1

Yeah your right it does have to work both ways. If the players have bought in to neeld's plan then absolutey neeld should go. It's just too hard to tell if they have.

Just going by today, I guess it's either:

1) We have a gameplan but the players haven't "bought in"

2) We don't really have a gameplan

Either way, not a great day for Neeld.

Maybe his game plan is to technical, to much of his so called university for football. It seems like they over think everything & look confused. Maybe he needs to strip it all back & get back to basics.

The players lack confidence. They need to play their game & not over think what they are doing. The game plan should come instinctively to them by now. Focus for the next game should be on pressuring the opposition all day & hunting the ball in numbers. The result is unimportant to me but they must fight & fight hard. If they can't do it they shouldn't be playing a highly paid combative sport. It's all between their ears.

• Like 2

I don't think the game plan will be to technical, I just think we are over coached. We have a coach for this, a fitness person for that and I just think the players don't know how to mesh all these instructions together. By over coaching we are complicating what can be a very simple game. I also believe the players listen to their development coach and then to Neil Craig, then to Neeld, I mean who are they suppose to trust and listen to. I just feel there is way too much "coaching" going on and the players don't know what to bloody do!

• Like 1

If we were playing a better side 186 would have been passed. Don't think Essendon can do it too is but West Coast might.

Time to start taking this "hypothetical" a little more serioisly

Are you trying to steal my pollimg thunder Stu? :lol:

Seriously though, we'd be better off not having a Neeld-style coach at the moment. The players aren't listening. They look completely shackled and gripped by fear.

I'd do something radical and go and get four of the hardest, most courageous players that have either just left the game or are about to leave it to come and take control of the group. As someone earlier alluded to, a hypothetical quartet of Kirk, Hayes, Bolton and Ling would achieve much more with this group than what Neeld will. I'm totally convinced of that.

Edited by Range Rover
  • Like 1

Are our players so dumb that they can't follow a game plan in a sport they have chosen to turn into a career ?

Player apologists and coach assasins are running rampant on here at the moment.

This club goes nowhere until we supporters ditch this mentality, these results run a lot deeper than the knee jerk reaction of blaming/sacking the coach.

How complex can a game plan be that professional players cannot grasp it or don't want to grasp it.

While some blame must certainly go to the coach, he is not alone, its about time our playing list realise that it is not enough just to be an AFL player, they then need to strive to improve and become a good AFL player.Unfortunately our recent history is littered with blokes who thought it was enough to have become a league player and that was enough.

It would be great if all our current list could look in the mirror and say they are doing everything they can to become the best they can and doing what is required to acheive that.

Instead we blame an apparent lack of game plan or it's too complex a game plan for our players, maybe our players need to accept some responsibility as well.

• Like 4

I don't think the game plan will be to technical, I just think we are over coached. We have a coach for this, a fitness person for that and I just think the players don't know how to mesh all these instructions together. By over coaching we are complicating what can be a very simple game. I also believe the players listen to their development coach and then to Neil Craig, then to Neeld, I mean who are they suppose to trust and listen to. I just feel there is way too much "coaching" going on and the players don't know what to bloody do!

Yeah, because that's a problem with every other team in the competition who have just a many coaching staff.

Get a grip.

They're just fracking dumb.

Hypothetical - if we win by 186 points next week, will you be happy?!

What a stupid thread.

If we SCORED 186 points, I'd be pinching myself. Yet to be done by a Melbourne team ever.

I don't think there is an MFC supporter who's not deeply frustrated at the moment Stuie.

Don't need a random hypothetical to assess that.

I hear ya. Just thought it might be interesting to see how people now compare Neeld and Bailey.

I love lamp.

If there was anothere diabolical effort next week (entirely possible unfortunately ) then like it or not the buck stops with the coach.

That situation would have to change.

This is a trainwreck

Last night was horrible. I don't expect wins at this stage but some effort would be nice.

I'm running on the theory that it was all an Essendon conspiracy. Send in double agents (Daniher and Bailey) to do their worst and leave us to die.

Gets me through. Ugghh.