THE WILSON FILE - the arrogance at the heart of the innuendo

Whispering_Jack

Exactly. So she milked it for all it was worth, and now she's run out.

I can assure I am not over valuing her reporting skills.

She's also not on holiday, as evidenced by her story about Tippett: http://www.theage.co...1112-2986r.html

You've missed the point of every single thing I've said. My point was that it is quiet now, but it will pick up again.

Hence my point that she managed to reword the same article 7 times in 5 days. Thats what I meant about her reporting skills, she has none - just rewords the same argument over and over again.

I'm not talking about quality, I'm not talking about any new information.

As you said she milked it for all its worth, and she will continue to - thats my point. Thank you for clarifying it.

I said she was on holiday. Her articles went quiet after the 3rd, its now the 12th and I'm pretty sure you can go on a week holiday. I never mentioned, nor how am I supposed to know, when she got back - just mentioned that she was- and now it looks like she is back at work.

No one doubts this is going to be a long and arduous process. As I mentioned, because she has taken such a hard line with tanking against the MFC, I wont be surprised if she comes out with a more balanced article, distancing herself from her previous statements and allowing her to have insurance by saying "but I also said this..." which will spark more conversation/articles.

This is all stuff I have mentioned before, so next time you arc up and call people's posts rubbish, at least read what they wrote at before writing some childish post.

• Like 1

As the former Bishop of Toowoomba said tonight on the ABC 7:30 Report "We need to get to the bottom of this"

Prophetic words....stay tuned

An unfortunate phrase for the catholic church to utter atm.
  • Like 1

You can join Olisik in the Wailing Room

excuse me?

Please re-frain from making personal attacks to fellow melbourne supporters who have not even made a post in this thread on the topic.

That is something supports from the filth would do, I would expect better from MFC supporters.

Not cool!

This is good news. We now have months of legal advice at hand if needed.

To me the crux is still Dean Bailey. Did he tell players to go easy?

No. I think this is what the AFL are wanting to fully clarify.

If we are sanctioned, what exactly for.

The point is the AFL must rewrite the law so it is cut and dried. At present it isn't.

• Like 6

This is good news. We now have months of legal advice at hand if needed.

To me the crux is still Dean Bailey. Did he tell players to go easy?

No. I think this is what the AFL are wanting to fully clarify.

If we are sanctioned, what exactly for.

The point is the AFL must rewrite the law so it is cut and dried. At present it isn't.

It just wasnt possible that Bailey could instruct the players to go easy .

Any easier at that time and they would have needed sun lounges and Mojitos.

It just wasnt possible that Bailey could instruct the players to go easy .

Any easier at that time and they would have needed sun lounges and Mojitos.

yes. This all comes down to AFL rules.

Finally they will tighten this all up so no Tanking percieved or not will ever happen again.

It will be disrepute we get sanctioned for if anything i believe.

excuse me?

Please re-frain from making personal attacks to fellow melbourne supporters who have not even made a post in this thread on the topic.

That is something supports from the filth would do, I would expect better from MFC supporters.

Not cool!

Its part of what we do.This is a really mild one too.

Along with wanting Jack Watts to run on the road in front of a truck to prove how tough he is .

Shes written another piece about the alleged tanking thing and the AFL are asking about "the Vault".

Somebody post it up please-We've gone all legal on their asses.

The best part is BP is in the gun .

Our lawyers name is Finkelstein .Dont Fcuk with us .

You've missed the point of every single thing I've said. My point was that it is quiet now, but it will pick up again.

Hence my point that she managed to reword the same article 7 times in 5 days. Thats what I meant about her reporting skills, she has none - just rewords the same argument over and over again.

I'm not talking about quality, I'm not talking about any new information.

As you said she milked it for all its worth, and she will continue to - thats my point. Thank you for clarifying it.

I said she was on holiday. Her articles went quiet after the 3rd, its now the 12th and I'm pretty sure you can go on a week holiday. I never mentioned, nor how am I supposed to know, when she got back - just mentioned that she was- and now it looks like she is back at work.

No one doubts this is going to be a long and arduous process. As I mentioned, because she has taken such a hard line with tanking against the MFC, I wont be surprised if she comes out with a more balanced article, distancing herself from her previous statements and allowing her to have insurance by saying "but I also said this..." which will spark more conversation/articles.

This is all stuff I have mentioned before, so next time you arc up and call people's posts rubbish, at least read what they wrote at before writing some childish post.

I would let this slide, but you called me childish. I won't stand for that; not when I've been horrendously more childish before than I was in that post.

You said it had been quiet because of the Spring Racing Carnival. I said that was wrong. I think now you agree, but that wasn't clear before.

You said that I over-valued her reporting skills. I never said that at all; in fact, I've been quite clearly disgusted by her abilities, and I've made that clear. Apparently you'd mentioned the stuff about Caro before. Well so had I. So there. Ha.

I agree with the rest of what you've said anyway. You just made no sense when you said the Spring Racing Carnival was the reason why things had quietened down.

"Melbourne has engaged the services of of former Federal Court judge and Victorian Solicitor General Ray Finkelstein, QC, to handle its defence against allegations it deliberately lost games of football in 2009 in a bid to win early draft picks."

Demons and league on collision course

"Melbourne has engaged the services of of former Federal Court judge and Victorian Solicitor General Ray Finkelstein, QC, to handle its defence against allegations it deliberately lost games of football in 2009 in a bid to win early draft picks."

Demons and league on collision course

Caro takes the first steps towards recanting.

• Like 4

I would let this slide, but you called me childish. I won't stand for that; not when I've been horrendously more childish before than I was in that post.

You said it had been quiet because of the Spring Racing Carnival. I said that was wrong. I think now you agree, but that wasn't clear before.

You said that I over-valued her reporting skills. I never said that at all; in fact, I've been quite clearly disgusted by her abilities, and I've made that clear. Apparently you'd mentioned the stuff about Caro before. Well so had I. So there. Ha.

I agree with the rest of what you've said anyway. You just made no sense when you said the Spring Racing Carnival was the reason why things had quietened down.

Again you have missed everything I have said.

I did say it has gone quiet, I did say the Spring Carnival is a major factor, I did say that I think your over-valuing her reporting skills which was a dig at how bad they are, but I did not say that you said you over-valued her reporting skills.

Don't put words in my mouth.

SO let me get this straight: you agree with everything I have said. Including that she doesnt need new evidence to write another article, which contradicted your original argument "It's gone quiet because there's nothing new to say", but you do not place any weight on the Spring Racing Carnival as a factor that AFL (which was my original argument) reports have stopped

Let me lay it out nice and simply for you

DOT 1:

AFL tab taken of the Sports page of The Age at the start of the Spring Racing Carnival

The total amount of AFL articles in single digits during the Spring Racing Carnival

The main sports market is focused on the Spring Racing Carnival

The chief football reporter going on holiday during the Spring Racing Carnival

DOT 2:

The Spring Racing Carnival

Please connect them, because we have established that she doesnt need any new evidence to write more articles so then whats the common factor in all of this?

Hurrican Sandy? The U.S elections? Bob Brown not being let into Rowanda?

I'll give you a hint - its the race that stops a nation [DOT 2]

If you would like any evidence:

http://www.theage.co...1112-298nr.html

This article contains nothing new, the MFC have expressed that they are angry about the interview process a week ago.

Ironic considering that the Spring Racing Carnival finished... yesterday :)

Edited by PJ_12345

Seems a lot like someone has said to Caro -- the AFL, The Age's lawyer, Ray Biffen -- 'just the facts, M'am'.

She's even inserted use of the word 'allegedly'! Given how comfortable she has been previousy with our 'disgusting blah blah' behaviour, it's one of the fastest back pedals you'd ever seen. Indeed, so fast she needs to be s(ch)wabbed.

• Like 5

It will also cast doubt on the true nature of chief executive Cameron Schwab's disappointment with Bailey in the rooms after the Port win - Caroline Wilson.

Fair dinkum, that's pathetic. You get hung for looking "grim-faced" these days?

If looking grim-faced or disappointed after a game is what passes for "evidence" then wait till you see what Ray Finkelstein does to the members of the inquisition.

This would be a joke but for the fact that our club needs to spend good money defending itself but the AFL won't widen this investigation to include several others who were involved in experimenting and didn't have much interest in winning when their seasons were shot.

Pathetic!

• Like 8

Agree totally WJ, at least the club won't take any of this lying down. At this stage we have heard no concrete evidence, we have evidence of coercion in attaining the hearsay that is currently being bandied around as damning evidence, we won't lose any draft picks this year, our no. 1 attacker appears to be backpeddling and the club is on the frontfoot legally. Looking good for a bad situation.

• Like 2

Agree totally WJ, at least the club won't take any of this lying down. At this stage we have heard no concrete evidence, we have evidence of coercion in attaining the hearsay that is currently being bandied around as damning evidence, we won't lose any draft picks this year, our no. 1 attacker appears to be backpeddling and the club is on the frontfoot legally. Looking good for a bad situation.

Me too.

It doesn’t surprise me that Clothier is a former taxation investigator. Taxation legislation gives the ATO some pretty unusual powers of compulsion (and not just to make you hand over your money), so he’s probably used to being a power unto himself; and Haddad’s background no doubt has given him some pretty similar values.

With the ATO, the first and continuing presumption is of guilt. Even when there’s incontrovertible evidence that you’re innocent, all it means to them is that you’re not guilty yet. So it’s no wonder Clothier’s ‘investigation’ is now turning out to have been nothing more than a star chamber. And it’s no wonder Don’s first shot was about ensuring natural justice.

It won’t just be the MFC’s calling in Ray Finkelstein now that will give the AFL plenty of pause for thought, but what Finkelstein will do with evidence of intimidation, harassment, traducing of witnesses or whatever else has been going on in their own much more objectionable vault. Presumably any reasonably competent barrister could do so, but why stop there? It’s the way the MFC has upped the ante that I like. Don’t tread on us.

And Wilson? She seems to have recognised that she’s not much more than a noisy bystander. This is where the real game begins.

• Like 4

Very clever Vladimir; ensuring the investigating is flawed thereby ensuring a non actable finding. Result. Tanking officially put to bed. Teams live on and vexatious and spiteful elements of the media hung out to dry!!

I wonder if she even realises shes been played ? Lol

And we move on.

• Like 3

Very clever Vladimir; ensuring the investigating is flawed thereby ensuring a non actable finding. Result. Tanking officially put to bed. Teams live on and vexatious and spiteful elements of the media hung out to dry!!

I wonder if she even realises shes been played ? Lol

And we move on.

You've been watching too many spy movies.

I hope Vlad has too. It's a great theory.

• Like 1

Just consider though for a moment. Who is involved and what would the preferred outcomes be. The AFL doesn't want to whack Melbourne. Far too much effort and cost for no real result . It wants Tanking put to bed along with shutting up those pesky sniping dogs that have been on Vlads back.

The AFL are the ones controlling this as theyve just reminded certain folks !

They CAN orchestrate a result.

And orgs such as ASIO CIA MI6 actually do exist lol

Edited by belzebub59

Sadly this will now come down to Ego's the gauntlet has been slammed down by MFC (which I love btw) and the commission will now have to react. Will they fight or flight? The Commission will meet and discuss its next move. Some Commisioners may heed advice from their advisors and consultants that this may be a battle that is laden with risk of not getting a result other then costing a crap load of legal fees.

Other Commisioners may want to ignore all of this and risk it to make an example of what happens when you challenge the AFL's power.

As this situation is not life and death, the reaction to the news that the MFC have lawyered up will ultimately rest upon Ego's of the AFL Commission and how they individually and collectively react to being challenged by the Dee's. My wish is that sanity prevails and the risks of a prolonged court battle is enough to let this drop. But if it doesn't all I can say is that "It's On Like Donkey Kong"

Guest José Mourinho

I'm bemused by the idea of Haddad and Clothier turning the recording on & off during interviews.

If we were smart, we'd have CC or Mahoney during an interview make the exact comment

"I will give evidence against Bailey if you repeat your comment from earlier when you turned the tape off"

When asked which comment he is referring to, reply with "when you promised me full immunity if I give false testimony against Bailey/the club/Schwab/whoever really"

You guys are right - too many spy films...

• Like 1

Other Commisioners may want to ignore all of this and risk it to make an example of what happens when you challenge the AFL's power.

There are some pretty smart boys on the AFL commission and they are sitting around the poker table with the following cards in their hands

One card is "no player was told not to perform"

Another card is a fudgy to non existant definition of tanking

The next card is lots of heresay, tongue and cheek and innuedo but little of substance

The last card is practices that have been highlighted which at least 6 other clubs have practiced for generations and would mean that if they take MFC on they need to take on others.

Sitting across the poker table is Slick Finkelstein who the AFL know is holding a hand of "bring down a bad verdict on the flimsy stuff you have got in your hand and be prepared for this to go horribly legal".

Hmmm - make an example ? you got to know when to hold em and know when to fold em...example ? I think not....I'm thinking fold em.

Edited by nutbean
  • Like 3

It's the seizing of our computers that worries me most, not what some moron like McClean has grunted (god I hate that guy - remember the idiot boasting about his family connection to the Morans?).

I suspect we're not the best run club in the league - who knows what our d%*head administrators have put in writing?

I daresay every other club has been employing their computer people to go through their records deleting like crazy.

Mind you, given that the head of the CIA has been sprung having an affair because he sent romantic emails to his paramour, perhaps our administrators might be next in line for the top job at Langley. Or Petraeus might replace Cameron Schwab.

• Like 1