Oliver Wines

PartyTimeJohnny

I would be very surprised if Roos had no say in the Tyson , Salem and Josh Kelly trade mate but who knows unless you work there.

The Tyson trade is a bit different and I'm sure Roos had some input there, he said he wanted a bit of experience, someone ready to go with pick 2 and I'm sure he would have been in on the interviews and video and Viney would have had a lot of input knowing Tyson from Oakleigh.

As for Salem and Kelly, that call would be more the recruiters call.

I think 'Dan' is pretty close to the mark on the process.

Therefore you are saying our next Star player could be an Axe Murderer for all you care, as long as he kicks a goal or two (figuratively speaking)? God help the children you two clowns may one day raise. I am sure if either of you have kids that they will/are good humans, but it would only be because of their Mum's, not you. Do you also condone the spitting the boys had to endure after the Essendon game? I bet you do. Argument closed, not worth it.

Now you are being as ridiculous as you claim I am.

OF course I don't want an murderer of any kind.

But I am certain that the major quality I want is the ability to play well.

We have for too long recruited choir boys who are not up to it.

Just get some good players and worry about the rest later if at all.

The Tyson trade is a bit different and I'm sure Roos had some input there, he said he wanted a bit of experience, someone ready to go with pick 2 and I'm sure he would have been in on the interviews and video and Viney would have had a lot of input knowing Tyson from Oakleigh.

As for Salem and Kelly, that call would be more the recruiters call.

I think 'Dan' is pretty close to the mark on the process.

I think at the very least they would be run by the coach, in terms of drafting the recruiters have all the information i imagine the coach would give them a profile of what they are after and they'd stick as closely to that, in Neelds case it was best available player

Interesting that on the radio when they announced that Wines had re signed for a few more years, they said he was overlooked in the draft by Melbourne. Why name only us?

Well he was Redleg

It is a statement of fact

Therefore you are saying our next Star player could be an Axe Murderer for all you care, as long as he kicks a goal or two (figuratively speaking)? God help the children you two clowns may one day raise. I am sure if either of you have kids that they will/are good humans, but it would only be because of their Mum's, not you. Do you also condone the spitting the boys had to endure after the Essendon game? I bet you do. Argument closed, not worth it.

excuse me.

NONE OF THE ABOVE concerns me.

It came out of your head.

• Like 2

i'll have you know some of biffo's best friends at the gat are axe murderers and pretty handy footballers too. careful what you say. :)

Interesting that on the radio when they announced that Wines had re signed for a few more years, they said he was overlooked in the draft by Melbourne. Why name only us?

maybe because during the draft we'd leaked we would probably take him just before toump unexpectedly became available

there was quite a bit of press on it

maybe because during the draft we'd leaked we would probably take him just before toump unexpectedly became available

there was quite a bit of press on it

If we had a couple of the Richmond Boys and we were winning games and making the finals would people be complaining that they had friends of dubious reputation or really poor taste in tattoos ?

No They would be lapping up the success.

How can you overlook someone when it's not your first choice?

You are just being difficult H_T

We over looked him and took someone else who is going to be our UN ambassador in 20 years time.

In case you have not guessed I am over seeing a red in every media statement.

Wins games regularly and they all shut up.

Until then ignore all the little barbs

Well he was Redleg

It is a statement of fact

It is also a fact he was overlooked by GWS 3 times and Bulldogs twice if this is the case, not just Melbourne, say what you like about Toumpas but he has had a bigger impact than Plowman or O'Rourke.

For all those wanting to compare Wines and Toumpas I will play devils advocate here because I will always go the harder ball player (but then again we had Viney) how about comparing Wines and Hogan, because we actually gave a pick up that we could have used on him to take Hogan.

Sometimes you get a gun and sometimes you get a solid 200 game player

It is also a fact he was overlooked by GWS 3 times and Bulldogs twice if this is the case, not just Melbourne, say what you like about Toumpas but he has had a bigger impact than Plowman or O'Rourke.

For all those wanting to compare Wines and Toumpas I will play devils advocate here because I will always go the harder ball player (but then again we had Viney) how about comparing Wines and Hogan, because we actually gave a pick up that we could have used on him to take Hogan.

That is not what I was about here PSD.

Redleg simple made the comment on why did the media pick us out with that statement.

I was simple suggesting it was true .

We did over look him. Not comment on whether that was good or bad.

It is a fact we overlooked him.

Just the same as saying we overlooked Darling.

Now a number of others did similar but it does not alter the fact that the MFC overlooked him.

You are just being difficult H_T

We over looked him and took someone else who is going to be our UN ambassador in 20 years time.

In case you have not guessed I am over seeing a red in every media statement.

Wins games regularly and they all shut up.

Until then ignore all the little barbs

Che? Difficult? Toumpas was the first choice. It's not that hard.

That is not what I was about here PSD.

Redleg simple made the comment on why did the media pick us out with that statement.

I was simple suggesting it was true .

We did over look him. Not comment on whether that was good or bad.

It is a fact we overlooked him.

Just the same as saying we overlooked Darling.

Now a number of others did similar but it does not alter the fact that the MFC overlooked him.

But OD as I stated we were not the only ones who overlooked him, which falls in with another thing you often quote wins on the board will shut them up. GWS have also picked some players who wont make it but they picked up that many young kids they are sure to get a few guns.

But OD as I stated we were not the only ones who overlooked him, which falls in with another thing you often quote wins on the board will shut them up. GWS have also picked some players who wont make it but they picked up that many young kids they are sure to get a few guns.

This my last on the subject.

In the context of did the MFC overlook him?

Yes

End of story the reporter was right.

It matters not that anyone else overlooked him.

But why should we have to compare Toumpas & Wines?? I am so sick of this statement.

Toumpas shouldn't even be on the list.....He is.

We should have picked up 2 Hard Nosed inside mids who knew each other as mates...

There is no comparison anyway...One is leading the other is still in the play pen learning to walk.

• Like 3

Just as long as you can admit that any club can overlook anyone.

But everyone has their first choice - that's my point.

I have never sort to agree against that H_T

Lets end we are boring everyone else to death.

No worries Stuie keep believing what you wish

It really doesn't concern me.

The facts are what they are.

Wines will be a total gun

Neeld made a shocking call.

Whoever it was, it was not a shocking call - it was the wrong call but no one is laughing at our call as you suggest..

The unfortunate fact of recruiting is that it is not an exact Science.

Did I think IN RETROSPECT that we got Toumpas over Wines wrong ? Probably.

However we went with conventional wisdom. The "experts" rated Toumpas higher than Wines. And yes, some here absolutely pumped for Wines and many on here also liked Wines but were rapt when Toumpas fell to us even suggesting a little bit of draft tampering to let him fall to our pick.

Doesn't make it any less painful but I won't take the stick to the recruiters on this one.

Like I won't take them to task on Scully over Martin. It was the safe and obvious choice.

Its the likes of Cook, Gysberts and Strauss who were taken well ahead in the draft of what their pedigree suggested that are the shocking decisions.

These are the types of footballers that we can scratch our heads and ask why we drafted them ahead of footballers who were much more highly rated.

Edited by nutbean

But why should we have to compare Toumpas & Wines?? I am so sick of this statement.

Toumpas shouldn't even be on the list.....He is.

We should have picked up 2 Hard Nosed inside mids who knew each other as mates...

There is no comparison anyway...One is leading the other is still in the play pen learning to walk.

Read my post I would have picked WINES but that is me not everything is black and white and don't think for 1 minute throwing a ridiculous statement in about a potential Norm Smith medallist has any bearing on you being right. It is to early for you to claim being right.

Rhys Palmer, Jared Rivers and Daniel Rich are points to consider.

I will say again as it is very difficult for you to understand, it is far to early to make a call as to whether we were right or wrong. We have two future mids in Viney and Toumpas who the clubs thinks will provide greater balance across the midfield.

For you to not give consideration to Wines having the likes of Boak, Ebert, Grey, Cassisi and Cornes in helping him out shows more about your lack of footy knowledge than anything else.