Tick tock tick tock... Neeld has 16 matches to improve

bandicoot

If you were asked not to comment or you signed a confidentiality agreement like I did when I went in the box once, you really shouldn't be as specific as you have been I reckon. It's not really up to you to decide which bits are OK to publicly broadcast. I'm just saying.

Neeld has up until round 10 next year to improve this side otherwise there is no way his contract will be extended.

At this rate there is a distinct possibility that we will only win 1 or 2 games in the first half of 2013.

If this is the case 'sayonara' Neeld. Even the most inept board will not stick the course with you.

Please don't give me the "he needs time to change the culture" or "we need to start recruiting from scratch"... None of the top clubs would except this mediocre performance.

The clock is ticking. any suggested replacements?

LOL!

Did you really think we would be an outstanding side this year did you?

I can assure you most supporters and posters here want to win but are also realistic about this year.

We are not the team we hoped.....YET! There are also many bloody good teams on the park to beat.And its getting harder.

We will be back!..you cant just up & challenge for a flag like we did in 98 from 97 anymore...it doesnt compute mate.

Hawks,Cats,Pies,ect all went through pain before success.

I am sick of pain & waiting too but the reality is what it is.

We dont have to accept it (Losing) but we do have to support them even if we are cheesed off with losing.That means the coach aswell!

Neeld is the right man. He will make the changes.

In the mean time we will not implode as a club!

We are very resilient!

If you were asked not to comment or you signed a confidentiality agreement like I did when I went in the box once, you really shouldn't be as specific as you have been I reckon. It's not really up to you to decide which bits are OK to publicly broadcast. I'm just saying.

FFS! Then you tell me exactly which piece of info that you thought I shouldn't of said Choko?! What I said was extremely low key. And if you aren't aware I work part time for the club on a voluntary basis & my brother plays in the senior side, I know damn well what I can & can't say. Get over it. It's posts like yours that will stop me from sharing anything worthwhile for Demon fans on here because everytime I do some idiot always has to have a go. Move on.

FFS! Then you tell me exactly which piece of info that you thought I shouldn't of said Choko?! What I said was extremely low key. And if you aren't aware I work part time for the club on a voluntary basis & my brother plays in the senior side, I know damn well what I can & can't say. Get over it. It's posts like yours that will stop me from sharing anything worthwhile for Demon fans on here because everytime I do some idiot always has to have a go. Move on.

G'day HG. Keep posting your occasional inner sanctum insights on the club, i really enjoy them. I'm interested in your view of how Neeld is going about things and feel you have been pretty consistent about this. Am i right in summarising your view as the jury being out (ie not 100% sold on him) but also prepared to give him enough time before deciding if you think he is a keeper?

You seem a bit more bullish about Misson. It is interesting actually because he has great reputation for minimising soft tissue injuries. The Weapon was all the rage early in the year but the bombers soft tissue drama has practically wrecked their season. We have had a shocking run with injuries this year but as you note many have been collision injuries. This is a huge issue for a club that is already thin on the ground for talent.

You also have noted on several occasions how unfit we were before this year. In your opionion what is realistic time frame to get the team up to the level Misson and Neeld want/need them at? I'd be guessing at least the rest of this year and two more pre-season.

• Like 5

G'day HG. Keep posting your occasional inner sanctum insights on the club, i really enjoy them. I'm interested in your view of how Neeld is going about things and feel you have been pretty consistent about this. Am i right in summarising your view as the jury being out (ie not 100% sold on him) but also prepared to give him enough time before deciding if you think he is a keeper?

You seem a bit more bullish about Misson. It is interesting actually because he has great reputation for minimising soft tissue injuries. The Weapon was all the rage early in the year but the bombers soft tissue drama has practically wrecked their season. We have had a shocking run with injuries this year but as you note many have been collision injuries. This is a huge issue for a club that is already thin on the ground for talent.

You also have noted on several occasions how unfit we were before this year. In your opionion what is realistic time frame to get the team up to the level Misson and Neeld want/need them at? I'd be guessing at least the rest of this year and two more pre-season.

Gday Binman, thanks. Yes my view is exactly that, time will tell but he needs time for sure, he needs everything to be heading in the right direction and all he needs now is players. The club will back him all the way until all the boxes are ticked. The jury will always be out until the team performs, thats just part of the job.

Definetly bullish re Misson - this guy is a pro and as I've said alot of injuries have been collision or breaks, I think theres been a huge drop in soft tissue injuries since hes arrived, it will only get better. We just need him to hang around thats all.

A realistic timeframe on fitness is a tricky one when the teams above us & a better FD keep getting better, I think your timeframe is around the mark, 2014 we should be up and about both physically & mentally, it also gives time for the new recruits to settle in also. I dont think we will be fit or strong enough before 2014. When we draft this year we must draft kids with our high picks that are fit enough to play the top level straight away, this will also take a lot of pressure off Neeld.

Only simple brief answers as im on my way out the door.

All the best, cheers HG.

• Like 1

Gday Binman, thanks. Yes my view is exactly that, time will tell but he needs time for sure, he needs everything to be heading in the right direction and all he needs now is players. The club will back him all the way until all the boxes are ticked. The jury will always be out until the team performs, thats just part of the job.

Definetly bullish re Misson - this guy is a pro and as I've said alot of injuries have been collision or breaks, I think theres been a huge drop in soft tissue injuries since hes arrived, it will only get better. We just need him to hang around thats all.

A realistic timeframe on fitness is a tricky one when the teams above us & a better FD keep getting better, I think your timeframe is around the mark, 2014 we should be up and about both physically & mentally, it also gives time for the new recruits to settle in also. I dont think we will be fit or strong enough before 2014. When we draft this year we must draft kids with our high picks that are fit enough to play the top level straight away, this will also take a lot of pressure off Neeld.

Only simple brief answers as im on my way out the door.

All the best, cheers HG.

HG thanks for your thoughts.

I'm confused in your replies. You say that you are not sold on Neeld but that "all he needs now is players". If all he needs is players then you'd tick off his coaching wouldn't you and the jury wouldn't be "out". I fully concur that we need to back him all the way.

I'm also concerned at your comment that "we must draft kids with our high picks that are fit enough to play the top level straight away, this will take a lot of pressure off Neeld."

Surely we need to pick the best young talent we can and if it takes time to develop so be it. Why is the objective to take the pressure off Neeld. Surely it's to do the right thing by the club.

Anyway thanks for your thoughts and insights.

Stynes led his revolution in 08, Bailey was hired by the Gardner board.

So Schwab and McLardy don't have that issue to contend with in the blame game you want to play.

Your confidence is totally misplaced and as is often the case, you are wrong.

Gardner appointed Bailey (as an untried coach) in September 2007. Stynes, Schwab and Connolly extended his contract (effectively endorsing the Gardner Board decision) in February 2010 having had the advantage of seeing Bailey in action for 2 full seasons.

If Bailey was a terrible coach then the decision to extend him was a terrible decision particularly seeing they had had the benefit of working with him for the best part of his two years. They are totally accountable for the decision. They fired McNamee almost immediately because they didn't think he was up to it. They would have done the same to Bailey but they didn't and are accountable for his coaching tenure.

• Like 2

HG thanks for your thoughts.

I'm confused in your replies. You say that you are not sold on Neeld but that "all he needs now is players". If all he needs is players then you'd tick off his coaching wouldn't you and the jury wouldn't be "out". I fully concur that we need to back him all the way.

I'm also concerned at your comment that "we must draft kids with our high picks that are fit enough to play the top level straight away, this will take a lot of pressure off Neeld."

"Surely we need to pick the best young talent we can and if it takes time to develop so be it. Why is the objective to take the pressure off Neeld. Surely it's to do the right thing by the club".

Anyway thanks for your thoughts and insights.

Dont read into things so much.

All he needs is the players......so that we can see if he can actually coach. Is a waste of time judging him until we get class players & our list fit.

"I'm also concerned at your comment that "we must draft kids with our high picks that are fit enough to play the top level straight away, this will take a lot of pressure off Neeld."

Surely we need to pick the best young talent we can and if it takes time to develop so be it. Why is the objective to take the pressure off Neeld. Surely it's to do the right thing by the club.

- And we would be doing the right thing by the club by drafting fit players wouldnt we??? Neeld has said himself numerous times he only has 3 years to have a shot at this, I doubt he will draft unfit/skinny kids that take years to develop. For some reason I dont think its part of Neelds grand plan to draft anymore undeveloped, skinny, unfit kids....but I may well be wrong.

Cheers.

Your confidence is totally misplaced and as is often the case, you are wrong.

Gardner appointed Bailey (as an untried coach) in September 2007. Stynes, Schwab and Connolly extended his contract (effectively endorsing the Gardner Board decision) in February 2010 having had the advantage of seeing Bailey in action for 2 full seasons.

If Bailey was a terrible coach then the decision to extend him was a terrible decision particularly seeing they had had the benefit of working with him for the best part of his two years. They are totally accountable for the decision. They fired McNamee almost immediately because they didn't think he was up to it. They would have done the same to Bailey but they didn't and are accountable for his coaching tenure.

Well here we go, again don't we.

I can argue that extension saved us two years of Bailey if you want me to - even have a thread pining for that extension so that at the end of 2010 we didn't give him an extra 3 years. And does anyone here want to wonder what contract he would have got at the end of 2010?

Coming off an improving year with THAT Sydney game and THOSE Collingwood games?

He would have got three years.

The extension was hardly an endorsement. It was a 'thanks for doing that crap in 08 and 09, here is another year to see if you can coach.'

It was a prudent step and one that I applaud to this day.

Here is that thread - http://demonland.com/forums/index.php?/topic/17506-one-year-extension-for-the-coach/

• Like 1

So far, Mark Neeld and the rest of the coaching staff are doing a terrible, terrible job of coaching this football side. Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

And this is based on the win/loss ratio or some other far more revealing piece of intelligence??? Unless you are privy to what goes on at the club and on the training track, this sort of statement is just plain silly. There is a bigger picture.

Well here we go, again don't we.

I can argue that extension saved us two years of Bailey if you want me to - even have a thread pining for that extension so that at the end of 2010 we didn't give him an extra 3 years. And does anyone here want to wonder what contract he would have got at the end of 2010?

Coming off an improving year with THAT Sydney game and THOSE Collingwood games?

He would have got three years.

The extension was hardly an endorsement. It was a 'thanks for doing that crap in 08 and 09, here is another year to see if you can coach.'

It was a prudent step and one that I applaud to this day.

Here is that thread - http://demonland.com...-for-the-coach/

You get very confused with things don't you.

I wasn't arguing if extending Bailey was good, bad or indifferent. I was arguing Stynes, Schwab and Connolly (FD manager at the time) were responsible for it.

They were so they do "have that issue to contend with".

You were wrong.

• Like 2

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rhino Richards is alive! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

lol

I am prepared to stick it out with Neeld. But 2012 is far worse than even i expected. Neeld has under achieved, i am sure he would agree. Our list of elite athletes have definately under performed. How did they become so bad??

They were in the same draft camps as brilliant players.

You get very confused with things don't you.

I wasn't arguing if extending Bailey was good, bad or indifferent. I was arguing Stynes, Schwab and Connolly (FD manager at the time) were responsible for it.

They were so they do "have that issue to contend with".

You were wrong.

Yeah they were responsible for an extension that saved us two years of Bailey. Therefore giving your point a one-way ticket to Moot City.

And look, I wrote that without asides about any lack of intelligence or comprehension skills you may lack.

Amazing!

Perhaps we can talk again in another thread when it inexplicably turns to the current administration.

SuperFan - saving you from the perceived evils of the Schwab-McLardy Nexus of Terror every week exclusively here on Demonland ©!!

Dont read into things so much.

All he needs is the players......so that we can see if he can actually coach. Is a waste of time judging him until we get class players & our list fit.

"I'm also concerned at your comment that "we must draft kids with our high picks that are fit enough to play the top level straight away, this will take a lot of pressure off Neeld."

- And we would be doing the right thing by the club by drafting fit players wouldnt we??? Neeld has said himself numerous times he only has 3 years to have a shot at this, I doubt he will draft unfit/skinny kids that take years to develop. For some reason I dont think its part of Neelds grand plan to draft anymore undeveloped, skinny, unfit kids....but I may well be wrong.

Cheers.

HG you've got a good knowledge of these things so I was just after clarity. The issue of drafting/trading was discussed in another thread so I won't repeat myself other than to say good management will give the club the best results and support those who make good decisions. If Neeld makes good decisions as far as I'm concerned he can have the job for as long as he likes.

• Like 1

Three-year contract or otherwise, it is clear as day that Neeld will start 2013 under pressure. (And fair enough too given our pathetic performances so far.) No matter what the board and administration say, another very poor start to the year next year and the media pressure will be intense. The club and the Neeld evangelists can only point to intangible improvements for so long.

• Like 1

Three-year contract or otherwise, it is clear as day that Neeld will start 2013 under pressure. (And fair enough too given our pathetic performances so far.) No matter what the board and administration say, another very poor start to the year next year and the media pressure will be intense. The club and the Neeld evangelists can only point to intangible improvements for so long.

Neeld will be under huge pressure next year, but if he wants to make it he must ride it out and improve.

Oh, I'm sorry, were you under the impression that I thought your point was wrong?

No, I thought it was a irrelevant.

(Cough)

If the point was irrelevant why did you waste a post on it initially?

You'll respond and I'll let you have the last word, I hope it makes more sense than your previous ones.