Win them all!

PaulRB

Clarification: I am not saying we it is likely we will win all the next 11 games.

I don't want to talk about the draft, about picks, and kids who may or may not be champions for the next 16 weeks.

I want us to win.

If we win every game from here life gets better.

If we win every game we finish 8 - 10th on the ladder and I have 12 weeks of enjoying my team play.

Tired of trying to make a silk purse out of the sows ear that is finishing low on the ladder.

Tired of Forkers like Sheeds rubbing our noses in it.

It's June and we've run up the white flag and started counting our picks...

• Like 2

Guest KingDingAling

No flags are up, we wont finish last anyway, we will win at all costs as we have a culture issue and we

are trying desperately hard to rectify that - starting by winning at all costs, players are playing for their futures.

If we tank, it will set us back a very long time, we will NEVER recover, we need to win at all costs.

Viney is a standout number 1 pick anyway, the kid wants to eat the football.

When your wondering where the footy is next year - Jack Viney just devoured it!

Count our lucky stars GWS taken Scully aswell - as our mid round pick alone will most likely be a better player than Tom.

Of the 25 threads on the Melb forum now 8 are on the draft, and picks. Most with the assumption that we will finish 16th...

White flag is up in supporter land. Hopefully our team is more present and focused on the job at hand, winning footy games.

We are 1 and 10, PRB.

There is a white flag, but it sure as hell isn't my hand holding it up.

I deal with what is in front of me, and what is in front of me is a poor team learning that still has major lapses that allow teams to dominate them.

We are 1 and 10 and the fans want to improve in 2013.

That is why there is a focus on 2013 - supporters want to win footy games.

You are on the optimism scooter, and that is fine.

Many of us are on the reality bus- we are 1 and 10. We know where we're at. It isn't raising a white flag- it's realising we have deficiencies in midfield and experienced leaders. We look forward to draft time and picks because this is how we inject what we lack into our team.

I'm not particularly optimistic that we'll win all games. I'm just over getting excited about once again "winning" the booby prize of high draft picks (we've been here for 4 years now).

I'd rather speculate on the next game hoping we win for the next 12 weeks rather than the worry over the endless scenarios, rumours, speculations etc... about who next will save the MFC. And I am hoping the players and coaches are similarly focused.

In the week coming into the draft I'll be interested, right now it just smells like defeat and discouragement driving us out of the present into a fantasy future where it all falls into place...

The bones of our future are playing for us now.

I'm not particularly optimistic that we'll win all games. I'm just over getting excited about once again "winning" the booby prize of high draft picks (we've been here for 4 years now).

I'd rather speculate on the next game hoping we win for the next 12 weeks rather than the worry over the endless scenarios, rumours, speculations etc... about who next will save the MFC. And I am hoping the players and coaches are similarly focused.

In the week coming into the draft I'll be interested, right now it just smells like defeat and discouragement driving us out of the present into a fantasy future where it all falls into place...

The bones of our future are playing for us now.

Without being too fippant and arrogant (you know its coming) - I can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Mentioning the draft at this point may be premature calendar wise but it is relevant now and there is little wrong with discussing it.

It isn't defeat and discouragement - it is borne out of defeat and discouragement...

am·biv·a·lence

(

abreve.gifm-bibreve.gifvprime.gifschwa.gif-lschwa.gifns)

n.

The coexistence of opposing attitudes or feelings, such as love and hate, toward a person, object, or idea.

Uncertainty or indecisiveness as to which course to follow.

On one hand I want Melbourne to win all the games on the run home, on the other hand, I want to secure as high as possible draft picks as possible (which involves losing games).

This is not a walk and chew scenario, but dealing with a culture that can be less than committed to winning games of footy.

The fascination with draft success and the annual ambivalence about winning as the season hits the second half is a reflection of this...

Guest bluey

Fact is we have won 2 out of our last eighteen games.

One of those was Gold Coast, the other we fell over the line against Essendon.

Very unlikely we will start winning a big string of games.

I would be dissapointed if our main aim to the remainder of the season wasn't to sort out the chaff, and start to determine who we should draft, and most importantly who want's to play for us.

We selected little Tommy, but he never loved us from day one, his Mum looked like she had swallowed an onion when we called out his name.

Hopefully we are planning for next year and the draft now, next week, is largely irrelevant.

am·biv·a·lence

(

abreve.gifm-bibreve.gifvprime.gifschwa.gif-lschwa.gifns)

n.

The coexistence of opposing attitudes or feelings, such as love and hate, toward a person, object, or idea.

Uncertainty or indecisiveness as to which course to follow.

On one hand I want Melbourne to win all the games on the run home, on the other hand, I want to secure as high as possible draft picks as possible (which involves losing games).

This is not a walk and chew scenario, but dealing with a culture that can be less than committed to winning games of footy.

The fascination with draft success and the annual ambivalence about winning as the season hits the second half is a reflection of this...

Tanking for us is over.

I have never said that we should lose games for good position in the draft.

So don't throw me in that boat.

In fact, we don't need to tank to get Pick 3. I reckon we could win 6 games from here and finish on 7 and 15 and still have Pick 3.

The teams above us are already on 4 wins at least so we have a moutain to climb to get anyhting but Pick 3.

• Like 1

I'd never presume to assume what boat you'd be in.

All I know about you is that you can chew and walk at the same time (a rare skill). ;)

The incentives for us to be seduced into improving our draft position this year are greater than any recent year, including those when we "appeared" to be tanking. Compo picks and Viney make the payoff huge.

But no so clear is the impact not being fully committed to victory week in, week out, has on our young developing culture.

We can't have our cake an eat it too.

I'd never presume to assume what boat you'd be in.

All I know about you is that you can chew and walk at the same time (a rare skill). ;)

The incentives for us to be seduced into improving our draft position this year are greater than any recent year, including those when we "appeared" to be tanking. Compo picks and Viney make the payoff huge.

But no so clear is the impact not being fully committed to victory week in, week out, has on our young developing culture.

We can't have our cake an eat it too.

Yes we can.

I am certain we will 3-6 games from here, and I am almost as certain we will still have Pick 3.

We are rooted into 16th spot and there is nothing wrong with looking toward what 16th means at the draft while hoping for better form and more wins.

Yes we may.

I am certain we could win 11 from here, and I am certain that we wouldn't have pick 3 if we did.

My point is, that for many Melb fans your scenario (which I agree to be far more likely than mine) is preferable to winning 11 more this year.

We are allowing ourselves to be compromised and seduced.

Yes we may.

I am certain we could win 11 from here, and I am certain that we wouldn't have pick 3 if we did.

My point is, that for many Melb fans your scenario (which I agree to be far more likely than mine) is preferable to winning 11 more this year.

We are allowing ourselves to be compromised and seduced.

PaulRB there is nothing more important than the MFC winning 11 more games in 2012.

It won't happen but Lets all forget drafting till 3rd September.

It is vital that the Dees win every game possible between now and the end of the season.

The whole vitality of the MFC demands we win every game possible

• Like 1