Hardwick's Tiges Lighting a Path for the Demons

Range Rover

Given the exemplary conduct of Nathan Jones both on and off the field none of us should have any reason to doubt his words.

Re the admin and the board ... who knows. But I'm not willing to scrub them 8 games into a new coach's contract and neither should you.

He did have a point though RR, no one will come and say it if things aren't right at the club, not saying that they're not cos I (like the rest of us) just don't know. But it is true that you can't believe what is said by the papers/club reps/coaches etc...

Guest Jackie

Given the exemplary conduct of Nathan Jones both on and off the field none of us should have any reason to doubt his words.

Re the admin and the board ... who knows. But I'm not willing to scrub them 8 games into a new coach's contract and neither should you.

Jones has no choice really but to tow the company line. He is a good soldier and does his duty. Neeld is not the problem. It's the people who are running this club. He is just going to get splattered in the crossfire like Bailey was along with every promising draft pick we have had for the past five years.

Edited by Jackie

He did have a point though RR, no one will come and say it if things aren't right at the club, not saying that they're not cos I (like the rest of us) just don't know. But it is true that you can't believe what is said by the papers/club reps/coaches etc...

What's your option Stuie? To just go through life disbelieving anything and everything anyone says? How sad.

You and Jackie do Nate Jones a great disservice with your comments.

Edited by Range Rover
  • Like 1

What's your option Stuie? To just go through life disbelieving anything and everything anyone says? How sad.

You and Jackie do Nate Jones a great disservice with your comments.

Not disbelieving, just not swallowing it without seeing how it tastes. And not everyone, just those I've listed above.

My point is, IF things were going badly behind closed doors, no one would come out in an article or interview and say it because it's unprofessional to do so.

You really think everything that is said by players and officials is 100% truth? Geez we would have NEVER changed coaches or cut players if that was the case.

And certainly not like a stooge for Whiteboard Wednesday.

I honestly don't know why you come here or barrack for the club. You are ultimately unhappy with everything. You want to blame people. Mostly Schwab. I think you'll find he has absolutely nothing to do with the on field team performance THIS year.

Not sure what this lynch mob blame game achieves.

It's easy to sit back and take pot shots isn't it. It takes far more courage to say you believe in something or someone and have faith.

Let's face it if Neeld and the team fail then you can be pleased you were right all along. Does that make a difference? If Neeld and the club are successful I'm guessing you will begrudgingly say your glad you were wrong. Or maybe you will pretend you backed him and the club all along...

Just an observation....

Edited by Footynut
  • Like 2

Neeld said when he was hired that we had holes in the list but I don't think he realised just how many. Look at the Richmond side today and see their midfield then look at ours: no comparison. We have had plenty of opportunities to recruit the right players but have failed miserably and now have the worst midfield in the competition whereas Richmond have one of the best.

Midfielders; remember one coach we had said you need at least a dozen (that's 12 for the young kids on here) and we've got about 2.

• Like 1

Not disbelieving, just not swallowing it without seeing how it tastes. And not everyone, just those I've listed above.

My point is, IF things were going badly behind closed doors, no one would come out in an article or interview and say it because it's unprofessional to do so.

You really think everything that is said by players and officials is 100% truth? Geez we would have NEVER changed coaches or cut players if that was the case.

If you'd read my 1200 posts on the $cully saga last year you would know I'd be the last person to think this.

Anyway, you're missing the whole point of the thread. It's about getting on board, believing and being optimistic about the future based on what Richmond are achieving at the moment.

If you don't want to believe, fine that's your problem.

Neeld said when he was hired that we had holes in the list but I don't think he realised just how many. Look at the Richmond side today and see their midfield then look at ours: no comparison. We have had plenty of opportunities to recruit the right players but have failed miserably and now have the worst midfield in the competition whereas Richmond have one of the best.

Midfielders; remember one coach we had said you need at least a dozen (that's 12 for the young kids on here) and we've got about 2.

I think it's unfair to blame the recruiting....

It's also the development, lack of resources, poor coaching, no leadership.....etc

We're not going that well that we can solely blame one thing.

Another perspective on silence:

The Henrik Hudson School District Library Media Centre provides a model essay for students which ends with the words,

Perpetrators, collaborators, bystanders, victims: we can be clear about three of these categories. The bystander, however, is the fulcrum. If there are enough notable exceptions, then protest reaches a critical mass. We don’t usually think of history as being shaped by silence, but, as English philosopher Edmund Burke said, ‘The only thing necessary for the triumph [of evil] is for good men to say and do nothing.’

‘The only thing necessary for the triumph [of evil] is for good men to say and do nothing.’

One of my favourite quotes and why the 'good men' at MFC should not blindly follow the current line of thought. MFC needs a change in thinking and the RR's and rpfc's of this world will never cope with such change, as long as they continue to blindly follow the incumbency.

Guest Jackie

I honestly don't know why you come here or barrack for the club. You are ultimately unhappy with everything. You want to blame people. Mostly Schwab. I think you'll find he has absolutely nothing to do with the on field team performance THIS year.

It's easy to sit back and take pot shots isn't it. It takes far more courage to say you believe in something or someone and have

Just an observation....

I am extremely unhappy with the board and administration. Period.

If you'd read my 1200 posts on the $cully saga last year you would know I'd be the last person to think this.

Anyway, you're missing the whole point of the thread. It's about getting on board, believing and being optimistic about the future based on what Richmond are achieving at the moment.

If you don't want to believe, fine that's your problem.

Fair enough, just seemed to me that you were saying exactly that, you can see why I would think that.

And yes I do believe, in Richmond, cos they are giving people something to believe in, yet to see that from MFC so far this year.

I still love my team, and am clinging desperately to hope, but real belief only comes from proof.

I am extremely unhappy with the board and administration. Period.

Yeah, I mean the team is going so well, why can't the board be getting rid of our debt, or building a new state of the art training base, getting new sponsors, putting together a bigger coaching setup..... Oh wait....

• Like 1

People have unbelievably short memories.

Richmond have been derided for years over poor recruitment.

It's as if we are the only team that has ever missed on recruiting.

Just goes to show you can have some misses and still make progress.

Honestly I am quite optimistic about the future but only after a reconstruction of the midfield and with game time into Blease and Gysberts if he can get an uninjured run. There are a few things missing from our list. Midfielders is the obvious one but a crummer in the forward line would be nice eventually and a 'Yarran/Ward' type player to create run from the back.

Yeah, I mean the team is going so well, why can't the board be getting rid of our debt, or building a new state of the art training base, getting new sponsors, putting together a bigger coaching setup..... Oh wait....

You nailed that.....period...

People have unbelievably short memories.

Richmond have been derided for years over poor recruitment.

It's as if we are the only team that has ever missed on recruiting.

Just goes to show you can have some misses and still make progress.

Most would suggest that fewer of our younger players have come on than Richmonds. Grigg has been a valuable addition.

I think it's unfair to blame the recruiting....

It's also the development, lack of resources, poor coaching, no leadership.....etc

We're not going that well that we can solely blame one thing.

Richmond had Terry Wallace who left their list decimated, they are struggling for money, they have their own version of Debt Demolition and were on a level footing if not behind us. Now they are streets ahead of us and one of the major reasons is their midfield, it's the driving force behind their game. They have done well we have done poorly.

• Like 2

‘The only thing necessary for the triumph [of evil] is for good men to say and do nothing.’

One of my favourite quotes and why the 'good men' at MFC should not blindly follow the current line of thought. MFC needs a change in thinking and the RR's and rpfc's of this world will never cope with such change, as long as they continue to blindly follow the incumbency.

So there are 2 camps.

1. I have faith and I believe in what I'm seeing and who are leaders are.

2. I will only believe once I see and until then will sit back and take pot shots under the guise of being someone who thinks differently and challenges.

Which is really more difficult? A leap of faith or seeing is believing and pretending to be an agitator doubting Thomas.

Edited by Footynut
  • Like 1

Richmond had Terry Wallace who left their list decimated, they are struggling for money, they have their own version of Debt Demolition and were on a level footing if not behind us. Now they are streets ahead of us and one of the major reasons is their midfield, it's the driving force behind their game. They have done well we have done poorly.

Mate I don't disagree, I just think recruiting is only 1 of the reasons we haven't progressed.

Edited by stuie

I wont make a decision on Neeld and his direction until next season - two preseasons and time to manipulate our list. Then we can make a better assessment, before then its way to early to tell. I personally like him despite the stories from the Western Jets that he used to peal the paint off the walls with his anger.

• Like 2

So there are 2 camps.

1. I have faith and I believe in what I'm seeing and who are leaders are.

2. I will only believe once I see and until then will sit back and take pot shots under the guise of being someone who thinks differently and challenges.

Which is really more difficult? A leap of faith or seeing is believing and pretending to be an agitator doubting Thomas.

Well I don't belong in either of those, so how about..

3. I have hope, desperate hope, I'm gutted at how my beloved team is traveling and want to believe, but I can't believe until I see some kind of proof, whether it's improvement, effort, or spirit, that is all I need to believe

• Like 1

Hardnut as you are a lover of quotes I'm going to sign off today with one for you.

"Men often become what they believe themselves to be. If I believe I cannot do something, it makes me become incapable of doing it. But if I believe I can, then I acquire the ability to do it even if I didn't have it in the beginning."

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

• Like 1

I wont make a decision on Neeld and his direction until next season - two preseasons and time to manipulate our list. Then we can make a better assessment, before then its way to early to tell. I personally like him despite the stories from the Western Jets that he used to peal the paint off the walls with his anger.

Read my mind.