A statement from A SUPPORTER

satyricon

I have actually restrained myself from posting in any of the topics from the last couple of days, some of which I find very hard to believe, and I don't want to be banned

Saturday, in Mountain View pub, surrounded by supporters of both Essendon and Richmond, myself and my partner left at half time, our choice, but will be back at the G this Sunday to support our team, we always will

If you have had enough of supporting Melbourne, THEN DON'T, it is that simple, it is a game of footy, nobody dies, some of the posters really do need to take a look at themselves and at what they have posted, some of the personal attacks have been rude, obnoxious, libelous, defammatory etc etc

But of course you can hide behind a 'nickname', safe in the knowledge that you will not be confronted by a highly embaressed, [censored] off, angry player who is looking for somebody to hit to take out the frustration they feel, if I was one Jack Watts this is what I would be looking to do

I have no idea what is wrong with the team at the moment, but we have a Board, Administration and Footy Dept who will give it their best shot to get it right, everything changes.

It may be the players, coaching staff etc, only those involved have any real idea, I have an opinion but I will not thrust it down everybody's throats as the truth which is what happens on this board

I love this 'impeccable source', if you are a player/administrator etc of MFC, come out from behind your nickname and say so, if you don't it is rumour, innuendo or hearsay......the only impeccable source we have on this board is Cam Schwab when he comes on here to kill off some other ridiculour rumour, check the posts you will find them

I actually support Everton in the EPL, every year we have an horrendous start, but eventually get it together, we have not actually won anything major for a while, but you can see that is changing....and we will .and the Club has had the balls to stand by Manager David Moyes through everything coz they can see the future, but they have done it with integrity and not sold out

Stick with MFC, we will get there

Agree with continuing to follow the club through thick and thin. But I have no provlem with people on internet forums speculating about what is wrong and I personally believe this club has propped itself up on potential rather than accountability for too long.

The difference at the moment is that the teams doesnt just seem to be playing bad or being out of form. Speculation is rife on what is the problem and again I dont see the problem with speculating about what that problem is.

If you dont want to hear opinion or want others to shoot off their's then this forum is going to be either pretty boring or delusional.

Edited by Norm Smith's Curse

Agree with continuing to follow the club through thick and thin. But I have no provlem with people on internet forums speculating about what is wrong and I personally believe this club has propped itself up on potential rather than accountability for too long.

The difference at the moment is that the teams doesnt just seem to be playing bad or being out of form. Speculation is rife on what is the problem and again I dont see the problem with speculating about what that problem is.

If you dont want to hear opinion or want others to shoot off their's then this forum is going to be either pretty boring or delusional.

The problem is a lot of the 'speculation' is put forward as fact, not even opinion, and if you dare to question the fact you are berated, the only thing I am saying is there is enough negativity around our club at the moment, without us adding to it,.

If you don't know the facts then don't broadcast them, but on the other end we would make a good one sided five minute segment on Today Tonight at the moment

• Like 1

I'm a mad Arsenal fan but don't mind seeing the toffees win!

Always the dees first though, we'll get through it!

• Like 1

Guest José Mourinho

to be honest, I wouldn't care less if Cale Morton or Jack Watts confronted me. Both have the intimidation equal to Nikki Webster.

In todays age, we are obsessed with stats and just because Watts and Morton collect a few cheap possies doesn't mean they are improving. if Watts just went back with the flight of the ball once, just once, then that would be cause for optimism. But he doesnt. He lets us down time and time again. Moving around Watts from back to forward is like re-arranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

How about last week, when he went back with the flight of the ball, stood his ground, copped a fist in the back of the head and took the mark..?

The mysterious anti-oracle...

The one who will tell you truth by saying the exact opposite...

The man, the myth, the legend...

The Freak.

• Like 3

to be honest, I wouldn't care less if Cale Morton or Jack Watts confronted me. Both have the intimidation equal to Nikki Webster.

You are totally wrong about Nikki Webster. Have you checked her out lately? Rather intimidating indeed.

Gunners..

After living in Highbury New Park, just around the corner from their ground for almost a year in the mid 70's, I learned to hate Arsenal supporters and by association, the club. Their supporters (at that time at least) were the Collingwood supporters of London.

They are allowed to provide comment? depends on your definition of comment, in regard to a player being soft why are they getting a game, they can't kick, no good under pressure.that is not comment that is criticism, and if you are going to critiicise you need to know what you are talking about otherwise it is just a lot of hot air

I am highly experienced in a certain field of work, and I can pick somebody who doesn't know what they are saying or doing, so therefore the same thing applies..."if u aint dun it, how do u know"

There is a big noter like you on the other Dees site. I'm sure you get under the skin of many people you meet.

Tell us about your "certain field of work", and why it makes you a better judge than others. And why the "if u aint dun it, how do u know" rule doesnt apply to you?

Our supporters have every right to be critical of what we have been enduring. We dont need to have been a listed AFL level player to have an opinion on the things we see.

After living in Highbury New Park, just around the corner from their ground for almost a year in the mid 70's, I learned to hate Arsenal supporters and by association, the club. Their supporters (at that time at least) were the Collingwood supporters of London.

I have supported the Gooners since '74. Never got to Highbury..i tried to get tickets in '93. Supporters are who they are.

I wouldn't want to live next door to the MCG either. Humans at play.

Well Hardtack, I've been to a few matches at the Emirates and the Gunners fans were nothing like pies fans, ticket prices are the most expensive in europe and the behaviour is far better than Chelski fans in the classy areas- More like dees fans they are! :)

Well Hardtack, I've been to a few matches at the Emirates and the Gunners fans were nothing like pies fans, ticket prices are the most expensive in europe and the behaviour is far better than Chelski fans in the classy areas- More like dees fans they are! :)

Obviously times have changed... thankfully (it may be an urban myth, but I seem to recall reading on a number of occasions in the local London press, of sharpened pennies being found embedded in bobbies' helmets at Highbury Park).

Obviously times have changed... thankfully (it may be an urban myth, but I seem to recall reading on a number of occasions in the local London press, of sharpened pennies being found embedded in bobbies' helmets at Highbury Park).

I think British football in the 70's-80's was pretty rough all over. When i went to London in 93 nobody i knew would go near any stadium. They were dangerous places before the seats went in.

I think British football in the 70's-80's was pretty rough all over. When i went to London in 93 nobody i knew would go near any stadium. They were dangerous places before the seats went in.

You're not wrong WYL. When I was living there in 74/75, there was a friendly between England and Scotland at Wembley Stadium (think it was) and they were so concerned about what the Scots would get up to if they lost (or for that matter, won) they shut down the Circle Line for the day. People were actually afraid to go out on the town for fear of marauding drunken Scots following the game (which iirc, they lost).

You're not wrong WYL. When I was living there in 74/75, there was a friendly between England and Scotland at Wembley Stadium (think it was) and they were so concerned about what the Scots would get up to if they lost (or for that matter, won) they shut down the Circle Line for the day. People were actually afraid to go out on the town for fear of marauding drunken Scots following the game (which iirc, they lost).

Oh yeah. Soccer violence was widely covered over here back then.

I was working in the ABC newsroom the day all those fans got crushed. I saw people die as the cameras rolled on the fence.

Never forget that image.

Edited by why you little

There is a big noter like you on the other Dees site. I'm sure you get under the skin of many people you meet.

Tell us about your "certain field of work", and why it makes you a better judge than others. And why the "if u aint dun it, how do u know" rule doesnt apply to you?

Our supporters have every right to be critical of what we have been enduring. We dont need to have been a listed AFL level player to have an opinion on the things we see.

I only reread this because a couple of people are talking about soccer

To answer, why am big noting, what I was saying was that unless you have been an AFL listed player, you have no idea what it is like, what is required etc etc, so therefore yes you can have an opinion on a player...but to put it in a different vernacular...why the need to slag them off.

What I was saying is in my field of work because I have experienced the actual 'environment' I can see where somebody is not performing, I do not slag them off though...my field of work not being footy but using it as a comparison

Hiope that clears that up for you

Edited by satyricon