Thursday May 17th - Jurrah-dgment Day

Jonesy!!!

Jurrah should go back home after the seasons over and let someone spear him in the leg, to end it all.

Then hopefully it will heal in time for the following footy season.

Jurrah should go back home after the seasons over and let someone spear him in the leg, to end it all.

Can the club choose what part of his leg they spear......

Uh, I don't think having a spear go through his leg sounds like the best thing for his footy career.

it may be a valid question for the right people at the right time

i just think that now and on DL it is in bad taste

anyway what makes you think anyone on DL is privy to the details of a players contract?

Generally the players contracts have standard behavior clauses and the convinction on a criminal charge (with or w/o jail time) could be a trigger for the contract to annulled.

Also the AFL acted to "deregister" Cousins when he brought the game into disrepute even though he was not charged with any criminal offence.

If Jurrah is found guilty and does jail time then I would think his football and contract is in jeopardy. HIs current contract expires at the end of this year. And if the AFL were true to its word then surely someone who is found guilty of a serious crime and given jail time brings the game into more disrepute than someone who isnt guilty of a crime?

Generally the players contracts have standard behavior clauses and the convinction on a criminal charge (with or w/o jail time) could be a trigger for the contract to annulled.

Also the AFL acted to "deregister" Cousins when he brought the game into disrepute even though he was not charged with any criminal offence.

If Jurrah is found guilty and does jail time then I would think his football and contract is in jeopardy. HIs current contract expires at the end of this year. And if the AFL were true to its word then surely someone who is found guilty of a serious crime and given jail time brings the game into more disrepute than someone who isnt guilty of a crime?

It is highly unlikely his guilt or innocence will be decided by the end of his contract in October

Of course the club is not obliged to offer him a new contract but it poses an interesting dilemma and if he was offered an extension it would doubtlessly have very specific clauses added to it

It's also possible his fate may not even be decided by season start 2013

Guest Jackie

If its all looking like it's going to be too hard then let's hope the club pretends that we really want to keep him at all costs and just maybe, maybe Eddie might try to pinch him back.

But seriously if he does get jail time, somehow I suspect strange things will happen and his rehabilitation may include game time. This guy is unique.

• Like 1

It is highly unlikely his guilt or innocence will be decided by the end of his contract in October

Of course the club is not obliged to offer him a new contract but it poses an interesting dilemma and if he was offered an extension it would doubtlessly have very specific clauses added to it

It's also possible his fate may not even be decided by season start 2013

The timeframe on all charges will indeed extend into 2013 beyond his current contract. If there is a new contract it will no doubt be so conditional in terms regarding court outcomes and behaviour protocols. I would not be surprised if the AFL were interested in the get out clauses from a PR perspective.

The additional charges on Jurrah would mean he need a good lawyer or a team of them. I read somewhere this is all being done pro bono. I may be wrong on this. If it isnt someone is paying big time for him. He is facing very serious charges on each count on what appears to be multiple incidents.

From the prosecutor which may be of interest

http://www.theaustra...y-1226359362953

Mr Robson told the court alcohol may have been a factor among some of the witnesses, as many people allegedly present at the dispute had been drinking. "To be fair, there is some disparity in the oral evidence in terms of who did what," he said. Counsel for Jurrah, John McBride, said identification may be an issue in the case.

Edited by Japaljarri

Mr Robson told the court alcohol may have been a factor among some of the witnesses, as many people allegedly present at the dispute had been drinking. "To be fair, there is some disparity in the oral evidence in terms of who did what," he said. Counsel for Jurrah, John McBride, said identification may be an issue in the case.

I reckon Jurrah will need alot of that confusion and McBride will need to expose the inconsistencies in regard every charge laid and the eivdence against Jurrah cannot be sustained. IMO, its Jurrah's best hope.

Yes, I get the feeling that they will have a lot of trouble finding reliable witnesses, and as time passes, witness accounts will no doubt become less clear.

The question has to be asked, on what basis were these additional four charges made? If they are "serious", why is it that they have only just come to light and why weren't they applied at the time of the original charges being laid... I would think any account of an incident that happened roughly three months ago leading to further charges, must surely be questionable.

Maybe not. After all, Heath Scotland has played every game this year.......

Lets hope he just gets house arrest and only be allowed out for games. Then all that needs to be done is for him to update his address to AAMI park.

Guest strawberry_gumdrops

Just tell me we have a QC backing up the lawyer from the NT please. I hope we throw some resources at this! We need this guy.

What about Andrew Krackour.....went to gaol for assault and played with the Magpies???????? (after his release)

IF...I say IF Jurrah is guilty...

MFC should give him the boot talented or not

And i would expect the same for any player at MFC given this is a true circumstance.

No more bs at MFC.Tribal or not.

We pay good $$ and expect you to adhere to what we pay you to do.

If you want to get yourself in the S^%$ outside of footy thats going to be your issue.

I want a flag not a BS sideshow that becomes a media distraction for 12 months.

I hope it works out for you Liam but we will all have to wait.

• Like 1

Guest Jackie

IF...I say IF Jurrah is guilty...

MFC should give him the boot talented or not

And i would expect the same for any player at MFC given this is a true circumstance.

No more bs at MFC.Tribal or not.

We pay good $$ and expect you to adhere to what we pay you to do.

If you want to get yourself in the S^%$ outside of footy thats going to be your issue.

I want a flag not a BS sideshow that becomes a media distraction for 12 months.

I hope it works out for you Liam but we will all have to wait.

Too late, should have been suspended when first charged.

Can you refresh my mind. Were they ever charged with a serious offence? Sounds like you have already pronounced them guilty BTW.

That bolded line is ironic considering you wanted Jurrah suspended upon being charged...

That bolded line is ironic considering you wanted Jurrah suspended upon being charged...

So where does he go if suspended by the club....Can't go home.....Can't go to the footy club....This trial will not proceed until 2013 sometime.....So what does he do and where does he go for all that time.......Talk about a lynch mob....

Edit....Spelling

Edited by Bossdog

Guest Jackie

Well he should have but too late now. Happens in my line of work if it relates to violent and serious crimes.

Guest Jackie

So where does he go if suspended by the club....Can't go home.....Can't go to the footy club....This trial will not proceed until 2013 sometime.....So what does he do and where does he go for all that time.......Talk about a lynch mob....

Edit....Spelling

d

No doubt you feel pity for his mate that has been locked up on remand for the same charges.

Well he should have but too late now. Happens in my line of work if it relates to violent and serious crimes.

Andew Lovett was charged with rape.....Sacked by his footy club......Proven to be innocent.....Lost to AFL football by others opinions.......

d

No doubt you feel pity for his mate that has been locked up on remand for the same charges.

Look for past history and Priors before flippant comments....

Guest José Mourinho

I reckon Jurrah will need alot of that confusion and McBride will need to expose the inconsistencies in regard every charge laid and the eivdence against Jurrah cannot be sustained. IMO, its Jurrah's best hope.

From day 1 his best chance has been with discrediting those who have made the allegations, and it would be fair to assume the majority were drunk, the incident occurred at night, and they'd likely have inconsistent and potentially contradictory statements.

I wouldn't even be surprised if some of those making allegations were doing so based purely on what they were told 2nd hand or based on assumptions.

And if so, this is Liam's greatest hope.

Andew Lovett was charged with rape.....Sacked by his footy club......Proven to be innocent.....Lost to AFL football by others opinions.......

The difference there was that some of Lovett's team mates were indirectly affected and believed him to be guilty. His position there was untenable after that. That's why Milne wasn't even the boot even though the circumstances were similar.