Moloney, Jones, Sylvia, Frawley and Clarke

tonatopia

Im sorry but this is something that get's to me moloney is our best player when in form at the moment and you want to give him to GWS for nothing but the pick that is ours anyway. Im amazed how we shoot our own with only 6 games under a new coaching panel and of all the players we could name we go for the best player of 2011. We will work out away to screw GWS without giving up our best player of 2011. I would love to see every poster say all this to moloney's face because he would be shatterd to here his own kicking him while he is down it's just crazy. The guy loves melbourne and is really angry he is not a leader and is well down on form but one thing beamer has shown is when he is down he gets back up. Just like when he got done drinking lastyear he come out and had a best on ground about 4 weeks in a row and slowley built back trust in his team mates and won back the VC badge. Beamer also takes all the young players down to the beach every year to make the kids feel apart of the team thats the type of man he is. Please show a little more respect to a man who is not perfect but loves his club and is like it or not a demon with a big heart. As i said go tell him at training what you think. Against Essendon lastyear i loved when he went for a run and slamed a goal home to put the nail in the coffin of the bombers and he will do the same very soon.Will you all cheer? STICK IT UP THEM BEAMER i still love ya

It's too late for all that love BJ. Beamer is a great bloke i do not doubt it, but our midfield is 18th in the comp & he has had more than enough time to prove his worth.

Beamer beats up lesser opposition on the MCG.

Nothing more for 7 years.

We must demand more.

Yes, let's have a look at reality for a moment V12 (and Bossdog) because it seems like you two fellas are having a problem with it.

Fact is ... we are sitting 0-6, an abysmal 17th on the ladder and on average shy of 100+ possessions on our opponent each week.

Fact is ... we have the worst midfield in the competition bar none.

But the good news is - and you both keep conveniently ignoring it in your posts - is that we will likely go into this year's draft with a booty of prized draft picks. That puts us in a solid position to trade for one, possibly two guns that can, along with Jack Viney, slot straight into our midfield.

Sylvia and Moloney can serve two purposes here. 1) As trade make weights (do you understand that term?) to get any deal over the line and 2) Moving them on greatly helps free up the necessary cash to bring in the quality we need.

There's no way we draft a fresh batch of 18 yo's in October. As a club we simply don't have that luxury anymore.

Neeld needs some genuine class in the engine room or he may as well give up now.

You watch. It's a no-brainer for mine. One or both of Sylvia and Moloney won't be wearing red and blue in '013.

No I get all that

My point is WHO ARE WE GOING TO TRADE IN

If there was a viable experienced midfielder we could trade in, I'm all ears

But look at trading in the last few years

Name 1 midfield gun being traded that we had a chance of getting in the last 5 years

I know where we are at as a club

I know where our midfield is at

I'm not saying we don't try and trade for some quality experienced players, I just don't know which quality experienced mids we can entice over

Edited by Viney12

Our midfield is being found wanting....But you can't just let them go after 1 game(Sylvia)and 3 games(Moloney)

these players have been on our list for 7-8 years respectively. Both are still to break out. We know how they play. That is the main problem.

these players have been on our list for 7-8 years respectively. Both are still to break out. We know how they play. That is the main problem.

So Moloney's B&F last year means nothing???? I think a lot on here have a vendetta and no one can tell me who do we get back if we trade them????????????

And who (in your great wisdom)do we get to replace them?????Just give me some names???? It's so very easy to sit in the study and type we should get rid of them.......But who comes in.....What do we get in return....Our midfield is being found wanting....But you can't just let them go after 1 game(Sylvia)and 3 games(Moloney)

I would offer the Crows pick 5 and Sylvia as a start up bid for Dangerfield and if necessary up the ante with another of the picks.

Then I'd offer the Suns pick 13 and Moloney for Dion Prestia.

I'm trying to come up with solutions Bossdog. Where are yours?

It's too late for all that love BJ. Beamer is a great bloke i do not doubt it, but our midfield is 18th in the comp & he has had more than enough time to prove his worth.

We must demand more.

I love your posts WYL but i think Beamer needs some more time under neeld like all players before we hang anyone. It is only round 6 and yes im worried but can see some light. Beamer like it or not is the best mid we have and it's not till he is our 4 or 5th best that we will be great but he still is an A grade clearence player and should not be trown to the wolfs before the end of 2012 when we have had time to judge all our list. Best player of 2011 must get the chance to show his worth to neeld like all the players. Lets just give the guy till the end of the year to show if he still wants it.

No I get all that

Name 1 midfield gun being traded that we had a chance of getting in the last 5 years

I'm not saying we don't try and trade for some quality experienced players, I just don't know which quality experienced mids we can entice over

Don't use the last few years as a bench mark V12. The waters have changed.

18 teams, free Agency & a non weighted draft change the trade parimeters considerably.

There will be a few huge suprises during trade week, that is my bet.

No I get all that

See my post to Bossdog above.

How about coming up with a solution V12 instead of sitting from the sidelines taking potshots?

I would offer the Crows pick 5 and Sylvia as a start up bid for Dangerfield and if necessary up the ante with another of the picks.

Then I'd offer the Suns pick 13 and Moloney for Dion Prestia.

I'm trying to come up with solutions Bossdog. Where are yours?

I dont think either player are showbag picks to push a deal through.

A club either wants them or they dont. They are worth somewhere between pick 36 to 54.

There may be more worth to MFC keeping them and getting some on field value out of them rather than trading them for a pittance.

How about coming up with a solution V12 instead of sitting from the sidelines taking potshots?

I'm not the one wanting to trade them so I don't have to come up with replacements.....And do you realy think Adelaide would go for that trade>>>>>>Priesta......19 year old Kid???????

We must demand more.

Let's look at Beamers history since being traded to us

In '05 he played 21 games - and the buzz around at the time was the Cats had made a massive blue in letting him go

in '06 he played 7 games due to injury

in '07 he played 10 games due to injury

in '08 he played 8 games due to injury

in '09 he played 21 games when we absolutely sucked and week in week out amongst all of those losses, he was consistently one of our best

In '10 he played 18 games and win, lose or draw, he was consistently our best (capped of by 38 touches against eventual premiers Collingwood in a draw at the G)

In' 11 he played like a yoyo, like the entire team FFS, belting a team by 90 points one week, losing by 90 the following

I recall that during Jack Watts' 8 game purple patch many a poster saying that Watts was the only one standing up

So it doesn't sound like Beamer was on his own with up and down form

Not to mention the fact that clearly last year Moloney's success relied upon his and Jamar's relationship. And when Jamar went down, his dominance was quelled

I think to say that for 7 years Moloney has been beating up on weak teams is a stretch

I can cop people saying in 2011 Moloney beat up on weak teams

I love your posts WYL but i think Beamer needs some more time under neeld like all players before we hang anyone. It is only round 6 and yes im worried but can see some light. Beamer like it or not is the best mid we have and it's not till he is our 4 or 5th best that we will be great but he still is an A grade clearence player and should not be trown to the wolfs before the end of 2012 when we have had time to judge all our list. Best player of 2011 must get the chance to show his worth to neeld like all the players. Lets just give the guy till the end of the year to show if he still wants it.

Beamer is not our best mid and certainly is not A Grade. He turns it on when he knows he has no opposition.

The sooner more people realize this the better off the entire club will be.

Beamer will not improve under Neeld. He is what he is. 3rd Q.last saturday proved it. If EVER Beamer was to change that was it.

Not a wimper.

He is a good ordinary player. Simon Black is A grade BJ.

Don't use the last few years as a bench mark V12. The waters have changed.

18 teams, free Agency & a non weighted draft change the trade parimeters considerably.

There will be a few huge suprises during trade week, that is my bet.

I disagree

I don't think free agency will have the impact others do, not initally anyway

Potshots? who the hell have I taken a potshot at?

Whilst Dangerfield and Prestia would be nice gets, it ain't going to happen for 1

But it still leaves us with a massive black hole of EXPERIENCED players

That is what we need, experienced players

Prestia's played about 23 games and would be adding just another 19 year old inexperienced player

Where we have failed so badly is with experienced players 26 - 30

I'm not the one wanting to trade them so I don't have to come up with replacements.....And do you realy think Adelaide would go for that trade>>>>>>Priesta......19 year old Kid???????

I don't know if they'd go for it but you've got to have a crack don't you?

Maybe they come back and say "okay we'll trade Dangerfield but we want your picks 5 AND 6 plus Sylvia".

I'd seriously look at that.

Prestia is everything you want in a modern midfielder at the age. Quick, hard, skilled and relentless. Forget his age, he's a man already.

Beamer is not our best mid and certainly is not A Grade. He turns it on when he knows he has no opposition.

Beamer will not improve under Neeld. He is what he is. 3rd Q.last saturday proved it. If EVER Beamer was to change that was it.

Not a wimper.

Jesus Mate ....did he steal your car or some thing......Never seen such hate for a MFC player.

Not a wimper.

Im saying A grade at clearence work. B+ as a mid but still could come good this year. I think Jones is our best mid now that i have had time to think and he may well be A grade very soon he seems very hungry

Let's look at Beamers history since being traded to us

In '05 he played 21 games - and the buzz around at the time was the Cats had made a massive blue in letting him go

in '06 he played 7 games due to injury

in '07 he played 10 games due to injury

in '08 he played 8 games due to injury

in '09 he played 21 games when we absolutely sucked and week in week out amongst all of those losses, he was consistently one of our best

In '10 he played 18 games and win, lose or draw, he was consistently our best (capped of by 38 touches against eventual premiers Collingwood in a draw at the G)

In' 11 he played like a yoyo, like the entire team FFS, belting a team by 90 points one week, losing by 90 the following

I recall that during Jack Watts' 8 game purple patch many a poster saying that Watts was the only one standing up

So it doesn't sound like Beamer was on his own with up and down form

Not to mention the fact that clearly last year Moloney's success relied upon his and Jamar's relationship. And when Jamar went down, his dominance was quelled

I think to say that for 7 years Moloney has been beating up on weak teams is a stretch

I can cop people saying in 2011 Moloney beat up on weak teams

You do not mention one very important fact. How often does said massively over rated midfielder get the ball and just bomb it forward without any regard for how or where it lands???

He is selfish and i believe a bad influence. I am sure he is a top bloke off the ground, but on it he is not that smart.

• Like 1

I disagree

I don't think free agency will have the impact others do, not initally anyway

Potshots? who the hell have I taken a potshot at?

Whilst Dangerfield and Prestia would be nice gets, it ain't going to happen for 1

But it still leaves us with a massive black hole of EXPERIENCED players

That is what we need, experienced players

Prestia's played about 23 games and would be adding just another 19 year old inexperienced player

Where we have failed so badly is with experienced players 26 - 30

What I'm saying is you're not offering up a whole lot in terms of ideas about how this club is going to get up off the deck.

And 'experience'? Pffft. Overrated term. I'll take a 20yo who plays like Prestia over players who pick and choose when to show up (Sylvia and Moloney) every day of the week.

Look, I think we should keep them.

But...

The argument that "they are not the only ones not standing up" is increadibly hollow when you realise they are senior players with years of experience.

Maybe they come back and say "okay we'll trade Dangerfield but we want your picks 5 AND 6 plus Sylvia".

Prestia is everything you want in a modern midfielder at the age. Quick, hard, skilled and relentless. Forget his age, he's a man already.

Jezzzz. Is Dangerfield that good....Lets wait till the end of the year.......One good game and the media and supporters go over the top. He is in my SC team and struggled to get over 100 points except for last week

But it comes back to what I said before

Let's look at realistic targets

It's good and well to have a wish list, and I think there's 17 other teams in the comp that wish they could have Dangerfield

So if he were to leave, why would he choose us?

He's playing for a team that's risen substantially in terms of output since last year, they're a finals chance, they're a team that's never down the bottom of the ladder long, he'll play plenty of finals with Adelaide

Or he could come to what appears to be a basket case going no where real fast

What we need to find, and really one of the only realistic chances of trades, is finding a Josh Kennedy (Sydney) type

Playing for a very good team with midfield depth and not getting a chance

The only thing we can offer a trade in, is gametime

If they're getting game time at their existing club, and their existing club is doing well, why would they leave to come to us?

Im saying A grade at clearence work. B+ as a mid but still could come good this year. I think Jones is our best mid now that i have had time to think and he may well be A grade very soon he seems very hungry

Beamer will not "come good" this year. He knows how to play one way. Watch him friday....will it be his "Breakout" game???

The Hawks will pull his pants down and laugh...as per usual. I wish i was confident of being wrong.

Look, I think we should keep them.

But...

The argument that "they are not the only ones not standing up" is increadibly hollow when you realise they are senior players with years of experience.

Sylvia......1 full game Moloney ....3 full games and they should be given the same amount of time to 'get' the new game plan as they have been playing an old one for a long time.

I dont think either player are showbag picks to push a deal through.

A club either wants them or they dont. They are worth somewhere between pick 36 to 54.

There may be more worth to MFC keeping them and getting some on field value out of them rather than trading them for a pittance.

It depends what Sylvia produces this season but I still feel he offers something attractive to a challenging side like Adelaide, Freo or Sydney.

Moloney's best hope would be a 3-year deal at the Suns or GWS ... but at this stage of his career you never know, that may appeal to him.