Moloney, Jones, Sylvia, Frawley and Clarke

tonatopia

While I think Trengove and Grimes are exceptional young leaders, fine gentleman and hard nosed, skilled footballers, at this stage, I think the muture leaders will really will us to victory at Kardinia Park.

Moloney vs Kelly

Jones vs Selwood

Sylvia vs Bartell

Frawley vs Hawkins

Clarke vs ?

fair match.

We are fit.

game on.

Hope Moloney does something, I know Neeld says the club are not thinking about last year but he must be embarased about not getting a touch.

Trengove will go with Bartel and Selwood at different stages, good for his development as Hayes and Del were last week.

Guest José Mourinho

Don't think Scarlett has matched up on a first choice power forward in some time now. More likely to play off a Dunn or similar type.

Exactly.

With Lonergan out, it would have to be Taylor.

While I think Trengove and Grimes are exceptional young leaders, fine gentleman and hard nosed, skilled footballers, at this stage, I think the muture leaders will really will us to victory at Kardinia Park.

Moloney vs Kelly

Jones vs Selwood

Sylvia vs Bartell

Frawley vs Hawkins

Clarke vs ?

fair match.

We are fit.

game on.

Moloney is lazy and unaccountable. Really glad we didn't make him captain.

Sylvia is also lazy and never been a leader.

Frawley, Clark and Jones have really shown something though.

Edited by AdamFarr
  • Like 1

Moloney is lazy and unaccountable. Really glad we didn't make him captain.

Sylvia is also lazy and never been a leader.

We are never going to win September football with these two in the side...sad but true.

Both should be dropped, IMO.

Agree, Moloney only ever seems to play well when we are the dominant side and Sylvia only seems to play well when ... well every now and then. I thought that Sylvia's efforts were ordinary to say the least.

Trade at end of year, he will always let you down and may be of value to a side that's knocking on the door. We might get a reasonable pick for him.

• Like 1

I concur re: trades on these guys. BUT only if the deal is right. Sylvia in particular has the ability to be damaging against the very best opposition (he'll play well next week against Hawthorn, if given the chance). It's all mindset. I can't see them getting it right, but perhaps it will click for Sylvia? Don't hold much hope for Moloney though. Their egos are both incredibly bloated, which doesn't help. It means they refuse to take on feedback from coaches and team mates.

I concur re: trades on these guys. BUT only if the deal is right. Sylvia in particular has the ability to be damaging against the very best opposition (he'll play well next week against Hawthorn, if given the chance). It's all mindset. I can't see them getting it right, but perhaps it will click for Sylvia? Don't hold much hope for Moloney though. Their egos are both incredibly bloated, which doesn't help. It means they refuse to take on feedback from coaches and team mates.

How true is your comment about ego's?

We are a bottom club. Anyone who does not listen needs a long stint at Casey.

I honestly can't see us losing too much if one of them were traded.

I probably wouldn't trade both unless we were getting someone with body back.

Both of them are really struggling to add any value right now.

Too be brutally honest Moloney is no more than a plodder, more huff than puff. When we need someone to stand up and turn a game on its ear,goes missing.One of the fittest at the club,but doesnt impact enough games or have enough impact during a game. At 27yrs old, strong body, must do more than he does. Will stay,only because we have nobody else.and I doubt would get much as a trade.

Sylvia promises a lot but rarely delivers, 26yrs old and I think he has missed his chance. Nat Fyfe as an example leaves Sylvia in his dust. If Sylvia cant show some consistent accountable footy from here to the end of this season,then I'd be putting him on the trade table, and do a deal with another club ,perhaps a 3 way deal,get someone like a Dangerfield.

Seems to me, thinks its all just a joke, look at me... AFL footballer.

The culture has to be changed,Neeld said as plain as day,all players are on notice,what did Sylvia do, has a big night and gets involved in a car accident.great way to make an impression with a new coach. If that was me, I would have been laying low,and make sure I started with no black marks against my name. He has to the end of this season to prove himself,or he goes. Jack Viney gets No12.

The clock is ticking, it will take a few games to get up to match fitness,and show us what he is capable of ,every game for the rest of the year,or its thanks, but you wont be needed here. Might be just a tonic to sharpen up a few more that think they can get away with 1/2 arsed efforts.

Too be brutally honest Moloney is no more than a plodder, more huff than puff. When we need someone to stand up and turn a game on its ear,goes missing.One of the fittest at the club,but doesnt impact enough games or have enough impact during a game. At 27yrs old, strong body, must do more than he does. Will stay,only because we have nobody else.and I doubt would get much as a trade.

Sylvia promises a lot but rarely delivers, 26yrs old and I think he has missed his chance. Nat Fyfe as an example leaves Sylvia in his dust. If Sylvia cant show some consistent accountable footy from here to the end of this season,then I'd be putting him on the trade table, and do a deal with another club ,perhaps a 3 way deal,get someone like a Dangerfield.

Seems to me, thinks its all just a joke, look at me... AFL footballer.

The culture has to be changed,Neeld said as plain as day,all players are on notice,what did Sylvia do, has a big night and gets involved in a car accident.great way to make an impression with a new coach. If that was me, I would have been laying low,and make sure I started with no black marks against my name. He has to the end of this season to prove himself,or he goes. Jack Viney gets No12.

The clock is ticking, it will take a few games to get up to match fitness,and show us what he is capable of ,every game for the rest of the year,or its thanks, but you wont be needed here. Might be just a tonic to sharpen up a few more that think they can get away with 1/2 arsed efforts.

Moloney is a restricted free agent at the end of the season. If he's not happy & there is demand for him at another club he will walk & the best compensation we can hope for would be a compo pick from the AFL. Sylvia signed a contract extension last year so would have some trade value. Trading/losing these two players won't get us a high enough draft pick to make it worthwhile, yet their performances are so inconsistent. I hope the coaching staff can get these two players to start "complying" otherwise what a waste of talent.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Bonkers

SYLVIA 2011.........5th in general kicks MOLONEY 2011....... 1st in kicks

5th in Handballs 2nd in handballs

5th in handball receives 2nd in handballs received

2nd in tackles 1st in tackles

2nd in Hard ball gets 1st in inside 50's

4th in Loose ball gets 1st in hardball gets

3rd in Goalkickers 1st in loose ball gets

2nd (Melb player) in Brownlow votes 1st(melb player) in Blownlow vote

Get off their backs

• Like 2

Sorry mucked the last post up Sylvia should be the first coloum Beamer in the second coloum

Soooo much hate for our reigning BnF and high brownlow vote getter, who is battling pretty much a lone battle in the worst performing midfield in the AFL, gives 100% every week (and there's not many we can say that about so far), and generally leading stats getter (evidence above in Boss' post), and we wonder why our culture is so bad....

Edited by stuie

Those stats are for 2011. What point are they??

The MFC is sitting in 17th place on the ladder with a % of 59.09 after 6 rounds of the 2012 season. Winless.

Don't talk to me about culture. This club has not had that since Swooper ruled the place.

Edited by why you little

Guest José Mourinho

SYLVIA 2011.........5th in general kicks MOLONEY 2011....... 1st in kicks

5th in Handballs 2nd in handballs

5th in handball receives 2nd in handballs received

2nd in tackles 1st in tackles

2nd in Hard ball gets 1st in inside 50's

4th in Loose ball gets 1st in hardball gets

3rd in Goalkickers 1st in loose ball gets

2nd (Melb player) in Brownlow votes 1st(melb player) in Blownlow vote

Get off their backs

Where was the competition coming from on our list?

There's a lot of average players in the AFL who could have achieved the same results playing for MFC in 2011.

I'm thoroughly not impressed by any of that, and the sooner both are gone from our list, the better.

• Like 1

Guest José Mourinho
Soooo much hate for our reigning BnF and high brownlow vote getter, who is battling pretty much a lone battle in the worst performing midfield in the AFL, gives 100% every week (and there's not many we can say that about so far), and generally leading stats getter (evidence above in Boss' post), and we wonder why our culture is so bad....

That's meaningless emotive guff - he simply is not good enough and we should cash in on him whilst he still has some perceived value, before other teams catch on.

Our culture is poor BECAUSE of these guys.

And because supporters like you place a false economy on the dross they have served up to date.

• Like 1