Barry Prendergast

jnrmac

Guest Dr Who

So many daleks and cybermen

Thanks for that contribution. I would have thought you as a mod of all people would have respected the members wish to keep the topic on thread.

But obviously not.

looks like BP didn't do a good job on his competitive player analysis today.....blue's match-ups got smashed

Hmmmm maybe not so pivotal....such is life I suppose

He'd better get it right for year end FA time...the clock is ticking.....hope they didn't head-hunt the wrong man (sob)

• Like 1

Guest Dr Who

looks like BP didn't do a good job on his competitive player analysis today.....blue's match-ups got smashed

Hmmmm maybe not so pivotal....such is life I suppose

He'd better get it right for year end FA time...the clock is ticking.....hope they didn't head-hunt the wrong man (sob)

Spoken like a true Melbourne supporter base all you opinions on 1 game. hahahahaha

Edited by Dr Who

Spoken like a true Melbourne support base all you opinions on 1 game. hahahahaha

Try 86 matches for 62 losses at the highest average losing margin for any side over the past 4 years.

I for one wish BP all the best with his new challenging job at Carlton - thank him for his 4+ years of service at the MFC - and look forward to the days we can smash the Blues on the ground.

Please use the word PIVOTAL in capslock Doc. Stick to your script.

Edited by Range Rover

Guest Dr Who
Try 86 matches for 62 losses at the highest average losing margin for any side over the past 4 years.

Looking for someone to blame - again a common trait around here you will just have to get over it. If you dont we will lose MORE good people.

Looking for someone to blame - again a common trait around here you will just have to get over it. If you dont we will lose MORE good people.

No you're right, no one is to blame, the fact hat we haven't won a flag for 47 years is just bad luck, as is the loss of the 62 out of the last 86 matches, it's all just circumstances.

Guest Dr Who

No you're right, no one is to blame, the fact hat we haven't won a flag for 47 years is just bad luck, as is the loss of the 62 out of the last 86 matches, it's all just circumstances.

If you want someone to blame - look in a mirror.

Over the last 47 years players come and go, coaches come and go, footy department people come and go, boards come and go, admin people come & go - but there is one constant Demons supporters negative attitudes. What you give is what you get. If you blokes keep going the way your are - nobody will want to work for us.

Nobody will want to play for us if given a choice - does that ring any bells for you!

Read what daiseydill wrote - Carlton have won 3 out of 4 games. Their glass is 3/4 FULL - yet he focuses and criticises on the 1/4 EMPTY.

He gives no credit to Essendon - they played damn well today - he mentioned nothing about the severe injuries Carlton incurred during the game, you just cant be 1 down during a game in AFL football circa 2012 it kills your rotations. NO NO - he focused all on its BP fault - its laughable if it wasn't so sad.

Change or Die - It is that simple. The ball is in your court.

Edited by Dr Who
  • Like 1

Over the last 47 years players come and go, coaches come and go, footy department people come and go, boards come and go, admin people come & go - but there is one constant Demons supporters negative attitudes. What you give is what you get. If you blokes keep going the way your are - nobody will want to work for us.

Nobody will want to play for us if given a choice - does that ring any bells for you!

Read what daiseydill wrote - Carlton have won 3 out of 4 games. Their glass is 3/4 FULL - yet he focuses and criticises on the 1/4 EMPTY.

He gives no credit to Essendon - they played damn well today - he mentioned nothing about the severe injuries Carlton incurred during the game, you just cant be 1 down during a game in AFL football circa 2012 it kills your rotations. NO NO - he focused all on its BP fault - its laughable if it wasn't so sad.

Yeah but over the last 47 years there's been one constant and that's me and a few others that have followed the club through the years where we've been crap and hardly won a game, so don't you dare to lecture me, I've stuck by the club through thick and thin.

I've been there when the club was on it's knees and helped keep it afloat by being a member and during the last few years donated a substantial amount of cash to the club to help clear it's debt. I don't need someone like you to tell me what I should and shouldn't say do or feel. If I think the club is going wrong I'll say so.

• Like 1

Guest Dr Who

Yeah but over the last 47 years there's been one constant and that's me and a few others that have followed the club through the years where we've been crap and hardly won a game, so don't you dare to lecture me, I've stuck by the club through thick and thin.

I've been there when the club was on it's knees and helped keep it afloat by being a member and during the last few years donated a substantial amount of cash to the club to help clear it's debt. I don't need someone like you to tell me what I should and shouldn't say do or feel. If I think the club is going wrong I'll say so.

Best of luck to you - obviously what you have been doing for that last 47 years is working.

Can we just stop blaming loyal fans for the mess we are in?

It's utter BS.

We put up with you, DW, and I rarely (if ever) get personal but it is a frustrating and ridiculous notion that a fans lack of happy disposition or blind faith is what is holding the club back.

I am a fairly optimistic person when it comes to the club but if a Demon wants to question or criticise - then they are encouraged to speak their minds.

Especially when the answers are unknown, complicated, and subjective.

The only objective fact is that those you are belittling are loyal Demons.

• Like 2

Guest Dr Who

It's utter BS.

We put up with you, DW, and I rarely (if ever) get personal but it is a frustrating and ridiculous notion that a fans lack of happy disposition or blind faith is what is holding the club back.

I am a fairly optimistic person when it comes to the club but if a Demon wants to question or criticise - then they are encouraged to speak their minds.

No problems - when your "loyal fans" stop belittling our players, coaches, footy department people, admin - I sure we will have half a chance to attract & retain good people. We need to stop the "bleeding" its killing us. We have a glimmer of hope under Neeld & co - but I'm sure his honeymoon wont last long especially around here.

But in 2012 employees (especially the younger generation) just dont want to hear the negative ill-informed rubbish. They just wont work for you - players, coaches, footy department people, admin. Sure threaten them with "sticks" - but it just does not work.

But we 100% agree on one thing - Especially when the "answers" are unknown, complicated, and subjective.

But you just look at the implied tone in the very op - listen to the people supporting the op - sorry but its just laughable - you have to laugh because if you didn't it would be sad.

Anyone half sane would just throw their hands in the air & say - your "loyal fans" are just not worth it - shivers how the hell do I get out of here.

There are no secrets in AFL football circa 2012 - players, coaches, footy department people, admin people TALK.

Edited by Dr Who

We did. We gave those that weren't up to the gig the flick.

No problems - when your "loyal fans" stop belittling our players, coaches, footy department people, admin - I sure we will have half a chance to attract & retain good people. We need to stop the "bleeding" its killing us. We have a glimmer of hope under Neeld & co - but I'm sure his honeymoon wont last long especially around here.

The only belittling being done is your ridiculous assertion that the 'fans are to blame'.

And we are attracting good football people precisely because of our present willingness to be bold, confront the errors of the Bailey era, and change.

Mark Neeld, Neil Craig, Dave Misson, Todd Viney, Leigh Brown and Jade Rawlings all say hi.

'Adapt or die' you say? Newsflash for you Doc ... we did!

Edited by Range Rover
  • Like 2

No problems - when your "loyal fans" stop belittling our players, coaches, footy department people, admin - I sure we will have half a chance to attract & retain good people. We need to stop the "bleeding" its killing us. We have a glimmer of hope under Neeld & co - but I'm sure his honeymoon wont last long especially around here. But in 2012 employees (especially the younger generation) just dont want to hear the negative ill-informed rubbish. They just wont work for you - players, coaches, footy department people, admin. Sure threaten them with "sticks" - but it just does not work. But we 100% agree on one thing - Especially when the "answers" are unknown, complicated, and subjective. But you just look at the implied tone in the very op - listen to the people supporting the op - sorry but its just laughable - you have to laugh because if you didn't it would be sad. Anyone half sane would just throw their hands in the air & say - your "loyal fans" are just not worth it - shivers how the hell do I get out of here. There are no secrets in AFL football circa 2012 - players, coaches, footy department people, admin people TALK.

You actually got it part right in another post; the supporters are partially to blame, especially in the past where we allowed the club to drift along with hardly a whimper coming from our side of the fence. We never complained when players, who were well past their use by date, were retained, or when coaches that clearly weren't up to the task were reappointed, we accepted the fact that we had no money and we were lucky to get anyone to coach us so what we had would do.

We put up with a president who missed the first game of the season because he went on a trek in the mountains and we accepted him saying that there were more important thing than football; who else would want to be president of our club anyway? We were the op shop of football clubs; no money, second rate product and very few "shoppers". Well Jimmy changed that he made the supporters wake up and see that we were drifting in to oblivion and if we didn't act the club would close its doors. We raised a lot of money and decided to change the loser mentality of the club and part of that loser mentality was accepting whatever was thrown our way.

We don't accept it anymore, well at least some of us don't, we want results and if those appointed can't get them then they go, simple as that. BP has had the opportunity to set the club up for the next decade but he has failed miserably and in fact we have now, arguably, the worst list in the competition. Between DP and BP they have set the club back probably 5 years and at a time when there are new entrants making it even harder to survive, so if you think that there is unhappiness with BP for no reason then you are wrong. Now you may be related to BP and you may feel aggrieved that we are not giving him the respect he deserves, well I can assure you he is.

We can sit silent, as you propose, and not upset the sensitivities of the players and coaches, or we can demand they do their jobs or be replaced; well we've sat silent before but no more. BP was a spectacular failure and if he didn't leave he should have been replaced.

• Like 3

Doctor Who ,

Just write me out a prescription and spare me the lecture.

Your homeopathy isn't doing the trick .

Supporters knocking supporters wont change a thing .

• Like 2

It's utter BS.

Just Who is Dr Who???

Thats Fantastic Robbie, but we expect our players as good as they, are to even get to AFL level, to look inside themselves, to search for any tiny thing that may be stopping them from achieving their Max.

What about the supporters doing the same Honesty session within themselves. Is that too hard an ask? Do you think we as supporters are perfect?

We had to Import a success bearing man from Richmond actually men, to get this club into the right mental framework way back early last century. What is it that creates a comfortably cosy attitude @ the MFC/MCC???

Because it gets pushed away (cosiness) from time to time,,, only to return after the tough bastards leave. Checker - Smith - Barassi - ????

It's time to Honestly Look inside & search for the Failings within...

• Like 1

But in 2012 employees (especially the younger generation) just dont want to hear the negative ill-informed rubbish. They just wont work for you - players, coaches, footy department people, admin. Sure threaten them with "sticks" - but it just does not work.

But we 100% agree on one thing - Especially when the "answers" are unknown, complicated, and subjective.

But you just look at the implied tone in the very op - listen to the people supporting the op - sorry but its just laughable - you have to laugh because if you didn't it would be sad.

Anyone half sane would just throw their hands in the air & say - your "loyal fans" are just not worth it - shivers how the hell do I get out of here.

There are no secrets in AFL football circa 2012 - players, coaches, footy department people, admin people TALK.

I doubt I've read anyone that peddles as much crap as you do.

Edited by Ben-Hur
  • Like 1

Thats Fantastic Robbie, but we expect our players as good as they, are to even get to AFL level, to look inside themselves, to search for any tiny thing that may be stopping them from achieving their Max. What about the supporters doing the same Honesty session within themselves. Is that too hard an ask? Do you think we as supporters are perfect? We had to Import a success bearing man from Richmond actually men, to get this club into the right mental framework way back early last century. What is it that creates a comfortably cosy attitude @ the MFC/MCC??? Because it gets pushed away (cosiness) from time to time,,, only to return after the tough bastards leave. Checker - Smith - Barassi - ???? It's time to Honestly Look inside & search for the Failings within...

Not sure what your point is, the supporters turn up to the games in small numbers, but the reason is the players don't perform as they are expected to. I can't understand why we would accept players that are just happy to make it to AFL standard I'm sure no other club would accept that and I'm sure the other club's supporters wouldn't.

We can only attend matches and support as best we can we are, after all, the support act, the main players are the footballers, coaches and football department, if they aren't performing they should be replaced, it's a bit harder to replace the supporters.

• Like 2

Not sure what your point is, the supporters turn up to the games in small numbers, but the reason is the players don't perform as they are expected to. I can't understand why we would accept players that are just happy to make it to AFL standard I'm sure no other club would accept that and I'm sure the other club's supporters wouldn't.

We can only attend matches and support as best we can we are, after all, the support act, the main players are the footballers, coaches and football department, if they aren't performing they should be replaced, it's a bit harder to replace the supporters.

I'm saying we all are a part of the Soft Environment,,, that spoils almost every player who comes to Melbourne.

We round off all the tenacious parts of the Hunters, and turn them out model choir boys.

I'm saying we all are a part of the Soft Environment,,, that spoils almost every player who comes to Melbourne.

We round off all the tenacious parts of the Hunters, and turn them out model choir boys.

talk for yourself dee-luded (and the good doc)

leave me and robbie out of your "we"

thankyou in advance

• Like 4