The Foxtel Footy Channel

Whispering_Jack

I doubt that any provider in the history of pay television has ever offered users the option of taking a single channel... the logistics involved would be ridiculously complicated when you consider how many channels there are and the number of permutations you could end up with if the viewing public had carte blanche. For simplicity's sake, they need to operate from a basic service that can then be built upon.

Actually that's exactly what they do for SKY RACING at various tabaret's and racing clubs. I work in TV in Harness racing and they simply have the racing channel's available and everything else blocked. If people payed for the installation I reckon making a simple freeview+fox footy package for cheaper would get a lot of takers.

Hello Allan.

From what I can see, the first link I posted was for FOXTEL through Xbox. The second link you have attached on your message is for FOXTEL through a set top box (ie: Cable / Satellite)

As such they are two different broadcasts style, and as such have different package structures.

Cheers

Rhett

Thanks for responding Rhett. I found it hard to believe they would have different package structures, so that's great to hear.

Hello Allan.

From what I can see, the first link I posted was for FOXTEL through Xbox. The second link you have attached on your message is for FOXTEL through a set top box (ie: Cable / Satellite)

As such they are two different broadcasts style, and as such have different package structures.

Cheers

Rhett

Thanks for responding Rhett. I found it hard to believe they would have different package structures in this instance, so that's great to hear.

Had a read of the Foxtel TV Guide for Feb over the weekend, and noticed "AFL 360" will be airing 5 nights a week. Sure hope Gerard Whately is still at the helm. Will be worth watching, if he is...

Instead of playing dice with Foxtel on X-box, I got what I think is a pretty fair deal with Foxtel for $70pm for 12months.

Get Started, Sports, IQHD. No Install fee, No charge for IQHD box.

Im a new user, my house is cabled already and I told them that was the deal my work mate got. (He didnt actually get it, but he is an urger so I ran with it and we were both happy)

Install 6th Feb. :wub:

I can announce that AFL 360 will be screening four nights a week (Monday - Thursday) on Fox Footy.

As well, On The Couch and AFL Insider will be returning

Cheers

Rhett

• Like 1

Great news Rhett.

My favourite footy programme x 4.

Thanks

Agreed, Whateley is the best football media personality by a country mile (both for calling the game and analysis).

Not sure if it has been mentioned but has anyone else noticed that Eddie McGuire thinks the Melbourne Football Club is God? In the ads for Fox Footy he says "football is the best thing God ever invented". Thanks Eddie.

Gerard Whateley and David King just launched FOX FOOTY's tv ads.

He confirmed that AFL 360 will be on four days a week.

Cheers

Hello

For those posting queries regarding FOXTEL on Xbox.

The existing AFL channel on FOXTEL on Xbox 360 within the Get Started package is operated by BigPond and will continue to show BigPond’s AFL content in 2012 including replays of all 2012 AFL Premiership Season games. On February 1 FOXTEL on Xbox 360 will announce details of a new dedicated AFL channel that will show 8 LIVE games of AFL every full round and this will be available to FOXTEL on Xbox 360 subscribers for an additional fee. Full details will be available here www.foxtel.com.au/xbox/afl from February 1.

The AFL coverage on FOXTEL on Xbox 360 is slightly different to regular FOXTEL TV. The new dedicated FOX FOOTY channel for FOXTEL TV subscribers will feature every game of every round LIVE with no ad breaks siren to siren and is included within the existing Sports package.

Regards

Rhett

Rhett, thanks for the ongoIng supply of info.

I have just found out that I can't get foxtel on xbox in my location (Darwin). I assume this is because Austar has the licence for this area?

I know we can't get the subscription service but I thought online through Xbox might be different. Anyway I assume this would also rule out foxtel through telsta tbox too?

So my options are austra or what ever Telstra come out with for mobile devices. Hopefully there will be something decent and afordable for the iPad.

Some further FOX FOOTY news.

From Feb 1 - Channel 504 will become active, giving you a preview of what is instore on the FOX FOOTY Channel.

AFTER THE BOUNCE returns from Sunday February 19;

AFL 360 will now air 4 nights a week Monday – Thursday at 7.30pm from Monday February 20

ON THE COUCH returns for its 11th Season from Monday February 20;

AFL INSIDER is back from Tuesday February 20

LEAGUE TEAMS returns Thursday February 23 with new host Dermott Brereton.

- Regards

Rhett

Hello there

Some further information that has come to my attention.

For those of you wondering which programs will be included in FOOTY PLAY on FOXTEL on XBOX, it will include all the non-match programming available on the normal FOX FOOTY channel.

- Rhett

hi guys, ill try and regurgitate the information I got after calling foxtel yesterday.

firstly I spoke with two people (both were really quite useless), the general feeling I got was these guys havent been told much and we will not know the full extent of the packages until the footy starts.

But my main question was about foxtel on xbox - to watch 8 out of the 9 live games a week (wont show the sat twilight game) you need the following:

1. gold xbox subscription - roughly $80 per year

2. starter pack - roughly 20 per month

3. sports pack - roughly $10 per month

4. You will need to purchase a footy package on top of sports pack for $100 ($20 per month for 5 months - then free for the rest of the season) - whatever this part means but foxtel guy would not let up on it.

5. oh, and an xbox

Makes no sense to me and seems stupidly expensive for streaming off the net.

good def downloads will be around 800mb / hour - so unless you are with telstra (doesnt count towards your downloads) you really need to be careful about ISP limits.

Speed of connection will need to be over 2MB/s to have seamless streaming. Be very careful about wireless connections to xbox, as the slightest hint of a wireless conflict or drop out will drive you crazy as the live footy will stop momentarily and buffer itself before it begins again.

So the consensus (i might add I am an IT tech/consultant) is that xbox for footy will be more of a hassle than any good that will come. May aswell spend the extra $15/month, not be hindered by download limits, and get heaps more channels with normal IQ foxtel.

I feel Xbox foxtel is for people that just cannot get access to normal foxtel.

Feel free to correct me, as i feel each foxtel guy has a difference stance on it - im sure it will all come to light in the next cpl of weeks either way

Thanks for responding Rhett. I found it hard to believe they would have different package structures, so that's great to hear.

Well done Rhett. You got $40 out of me with your lies.

http://www.foxtel.com.au/xbox/packages/default.htm

Edited by Allen Jakovich

hi guys, ill try and regurgitate the information I got after calling foxtel yesterday.

firstly I spoke with two people (both were really quite useless), the general feeling I got was these guys havent been told much and we will not know the full extent of the packages until the footy starts.

But my main question was about foxtel on xbox - to watch 8 out of the 9 live games a week (wont show the sat twilight game) you need the following:

1. gold xbox subscription - roughly $80 per year

2. starter pack - roughly 20 per month

3. sports pack - roughly $10 per month

4. You will need to purchase a footy package on top of sports pack for $100 ($20 per month for 5 months - then free for the rest of the season) - whatever this part means but foxtel guy would not let up on it.

5. oh, and an xbox

Makes no sense to me and seems stupidly expensive for streaming off the net.

good def downloads will be around 800mb / hour - so unless you are with telstra (doesnt count towards your downloads) you really need to be careful about ISP limits.

Speed of connection will need to be over 2MB/s to have seamless streaming. Be very careful about wireless connections to xbox, as the slightest hint of a wireless conflict or drop out will drive you crazy as the live footy will stop momentarily and buffer itself before it begins again.

So the consensus (i might add I am an IT tech/consultant) is that xbox for footy will be more of a hassle than any good that will come. May aswell spend the extra $15/month, not be hindered by download limits, and get heaps more channels with normal IQ foxtel.

I feel Xbox foxtel is for people that just cannot get access to normal foxtel.

Feel free to correct me, as i feel each foxtel guy has a difference stance on it - im sure it will all come to light in the next cpl of weeks either way

You can 'turn off' your Xbox Foxtel anytime you want - there is no lock in contract

(Obviously if you pay your $100 for the footy you wouldn't cancel until after the season)

but it means you can pay $0 during the off season if you so desire.

So, for me, Foxtel on Xbox makes sense if:

A-You already own an Xbox

B- You may only want access at certain times of the year

C- You have a good internet connection with plenty of monthly d/load quota

D- IQ ability doesn't matter to you and

E- the downgrade in quality (from normal Foxtel) doesn't bother you.

A select audience I'll admit. But suits my situation and budget beautifully.

In my case the annual saving,when droping down to $19.90 Get Started on the Xbox in the offseaon, as opposed to the $45 Get Started on the normal box (or $55 if you want to record),means a minimum annual saving of around: $115 - even after being offered the first six months for $38.50 (including recording and the Sports) on a normal foxtel 12 month contract.

And you have no lock in contract or need to re negoaiate one after the current one expires.

Negatives for me ares picture quality and no ability to record.

horses for courses I guess.

Edited by timmy

Hello Allen.

I haven't posted any information to you that was a lie.

The earlier post I sent to you was a link to the FOXTEL on Xbox pricing.

Looking on that link now, the FOOTY PLAY channel has been added to Sports Tier.

However, if you feel that you have been misled - DM me through here, and I can investigate for you what avenues can be taken from here for you.

(include information about what package you have signed up too / contracts etc)

Cheers

Rhett

Some further information:

For those of you wondering which programs will be included in FOOTY PLAY on FOXTEL on XBOX, it will include all the non-match programming available on the normal FOX FOOTY channel.

- Rhett

Some further information for you.

On the TV broadcast:

We will be showing channel 7’s commercials during quarter, half and three quarter time breaks in the games produced by channel 7.

Regards

-Rhett

Some further information for you.

On the TV broadcast:

We will be showing channel 7’s commercials during quarter, half and three quarter time breaks in the games produced by channel 7.

Regards

-Rhett

This may be disappointing to some, after it has been advertised as no commercials siren to siren for about 6 months.

This may be disappointing to some, after it has been advertised as no commercials siren to siren for about 6 months.

I always took it as no commercials during regular play time ie siren to siren each qtr

I can't understand why anyone would be worried about between qtr ads

• Like 3