RUMOUR FILE

Whispering_Jack

Craig is the genuine article. The last thing he'd want to do to the club he has spent 14 years at is destroy his reputation by taking away one of their brightest stars. A Dangerfield, O'Meara, Viney trifecta complementing Trengove, Gysberts, McKenzie, Grimes and Blease sounds wonderful but it's the stuff of pure fantasy.

MFC pay Craigs salary now. He's employed to bring success to the club by all means necessary.

Who gives a toss about his years at the crows. Thinking that he actually would care in that manner is the epitome of pure fantasy.

I think that if we really want Dangerfield, we need to be prepared to give up someone like Tapscott plus maybe a 2nd round pick.

I am.

I assume by that you meant joking?

Tapscott will be a very good player he's only had one year in the system, wait until he's had a couple more before you make a call like that.

You're right, you've got to trade something good to get something good. Tapscott is a great kick and will become an elite hard defender in the mould of Glass. I hope the FD never consider this trade.

Having said that, didn't 5AA start a campaign (Ricutto?) to get Jamar to Adelaide, back in July?

You know Glass is a KPD and has about 10cm on Tapscott, right?

If Tapscott was a KPD like Glass, he'd have gone top 3, probably 1st.

But he's not.

He has some valuable traits, but I'm concerned about his running capacity and agility.

Legitimate concerns, I think.

You're right, you've got to trade something good to get something good. Tapscott is a great kick and will become an elite hard defender in the mould of Glass. I hope the FD never consider this trade.

Having said that, didn't 5AA start a campaign (Ricutto?) to get Jamar to Adelaide, back in July?

*Yeah, pick 12 & Davey to the Crows, for Dangerman. Add Bater or other to this if necessary.

*Jamar, a 2012 pick & Maric,,, + Wonna if necessary,,, to Port for Boak, If we can twist his arm to come onboard.

Under 17 Mini Draft, just go for it. IF we get Dangerfield, then we need a gun kid as well plus 'JV', next year, has much more of a midfield Look to it.

You know Glass is a KPD and has about 10cm on Tapscott, right?

If Tapscott was a KPD like Glass, he'd have gone top 3, probably 1st.

But he's not.

He has some valuable traits, but I'm concerned about his running capacity and agility.

Legitimate concerns, I think.

True, but his insatiable desire for the contest will always hold him in good stead. He can work on his running capacity and agility, but his kicking skills, especially, are elite.

I think that if we really want Dangerfield, we need to be prepared to give up someone like Tapscott plus maybe a 2nd round pick.

I am.

Pftt balls to that. Trade Tapscott, Trengove's best mate? No thanks, especially since the kid showed a lot in his first couple of games before being hampered by injuries. Tapscott's not going anywhere, both Jack and Luke will be 10+ years players for this club, bet on it.

• Like 1

Pick 12 + Bate will do it for Dangerfield. I would be happy to part with Morton.

Tapscott stayin put!

Yep i think so too. Apparently the Crows are keen on the Saints Tom Lynch. He is a Matthew Bate clone. Though Bate is superior in his lead up ability. Pick 12 + bate i would gladly give up for Dangerfield, and as i eluded to earlier, maybe even swap our 2nd round pick for their 3rd round pick. Given how shallow this draft is, the chance of the player you want with your 2nd round pick will probably be likely to be there at your 3rd round pick, given you could throw a blanket over 50 kids with the mid-selection picks.

so pick 12, Bate and pick 31 for Dangerfield and pick 50

I assume by that you meant joking?

Tapscott will be a very good player he's only had one year in the system, wait until he's had a couple more before you make a call like that.

Call like what? I haven't declared him a failure - I've just said that it's clear that to get Dangerfield we'll need to give up a player of quality, preferably in a position where we have a glut of that type, and he fits the bill.

And kinda ironic for you to be preaching "give the kid time and he'll be a star".

Like to pick and choose, do you?

Call like what? I haven't declared him a failure - I've just said that it's clear that to get Dangerfield we'll need to give up a player of quality, preferably in a position where we have a glut of that type, and he fits the bill.

And kinda ironic for you to be preaching "give the kid time and he'll be a star".

Like to pick and choose, do you?

I don't think he needs time at all I just thought you might, he will just keep getting better and I like what I see already.

No irony there he was almost an automatic selection for Melbourne firsts as opposed to struggling to get a game at Casey reserves. If Cook proves me wrong then all the better I'll be happy to wear the criticism and I'm sure there would be plenty.

BTW What's you opinion of Cook; just for the record?

Edited by RobbieF

Lutz has a point about Tapscott - he's hard and a nice kick but that's about it - not strong defensively, not strong overhead. There's no evidence to suggest he can play midfield and he doesn't have any tricks to play forward. He's a medium back who is a nice kick - a harder version of Josh Hunt. When James Strauss is back he's not in my back 6 and I don't see him anywhere else. Like Darren Glass? Spare me!

Tapscott for Dangerfield? Get outta my way!

• Like 1

Lutz has a point about Tapscott - he's hard and a nice kick but that's about it - not strong defensively, not strong overhead. There's no evidence to suggest he can play midfield and he doesn't have any tricks to play forward. He's a medium back who is a nice kick - a harder version of Josh Hunt. When James Strauss is back he's not in my back 6 and I don't see him anywhere else. Like Darren Glass? Spare me!

Tapscott for Dangerfield? Get outta my way!

Glass took 4-5 years to really develop. I'm talking about the hardness factor - something a few of the players need.

Time is the only thing stopping tappy being a gun.. He will be a tough as nails backpocket and take the small forwards and lead the charge out of our backline.. He is exactly what we need out of our backline, a good kick.. Trust me when I say, he will be a gun! First picked every week

Glass took 4-5 years to really develop. I'm talking about the hardness factor - something a few of the players need.

His hardness and bravery are one of his quallities, not doubting that and it's not something we've had in abumndance. He is a great kick which is a very handy asset. He's a good player who'll probably carve out a decent AFL career, but he's got limitations. IMO Dangerfield is in a another class completely.

Well you're going to have to pay something. We won't be able to just give up our 30th best player for one of their top 5 and expect them to accept it with a 2nd round pick. Tapscott is hard and a great kick, but what else? I think he's limited. I don't wear the rose-coloured glasses some supporters do. In the cold light of day I accept we overrated our own at times and need to give up something of roughly equal value.

I think your underestimating Our dearth of hardness and aggressive players, and the value of natural aggression and hurt factor that we lack throughout, and the value of this factor in Big games.

IMO Tapscott will improve a lot and will be a vey important player for us going forward. His attack on the contested ball and man is crucial to us and his kicking w=equally so, X factor.

For me Tapps goes nowhere. But Davey doesn't suit our needs, and could be beneficial for Him and Us to move on. Or their could be others we could deal.

Time is the only thing stopping tappy being a gun.. He will be a tough as nails backpocket and take the small forwards and lead the charge out of our backline.. He is exactly what we need out of our backline, a good kick.. Trust me when I say, he will be a gun! First picked every week

Really? Let's see him stick with Rioli, Nahas or Garlett first.

Defensively he'd play one of the opposition's least dangerous small / mid-sized forwards, not their most dangerous.

I think your underestimating Our dearth of hardness and aggressive players, and the value of natural aggression and hurt factor that we lack throughout, and the value of this factor in Big games.

IMO Tapscott will improve a lot and will be a vey important player for us going forward. His attack on the contested ball and man is crucial to us and his kicking w=equally so, X factor.

For me Tapps goes nowhere. But Davey doesn't suit our needs, and could be beneficial for Him and Us to move on. Or their could be others we could deal.

I think you underestimate the ability of the rest of the players to provide that hardness without his presence.

Brutally honest, but for me he is Campbell Brown with a much better kick.

I want to keep him, but if he's the difference between getting Dangerfield or not, the choice is Dangerfield.

I can see him being a small back depending on matchups, Or a small defensive half forward, like Campbell Brown, And sometimes in the Midfield where he'll be a work in progress. He'll be a very important Cog in our wheel. Even coming in off the wing, pushing back into defence and helping bring the ball up. Or defending in the forward press, with a long kick at goal on the turnover.

Edited by dee-luded

I don't think he needs time at all I just thought you might, he will just keep getting better and I like what I see already.

No irony there he was almost an automatic selection for Melbourne firsts as opposed to struggling to get a game at Casey reserves. If Cook proves me wrong then all the better I'll be happy to wear the criticism and I'm sure there would be plenty.

BTW What's you opinion of Cook; just for the record?

Cook? Undecided. But willing to give a young KPF time.

Looked good in the VFL early on.

He had injuries late in the year too, which hampered his form and led to surgery.

And Tapscott was an almost automatic selection... in his SECOND SEASON.

Blease eclipsed him in a handful of late season games.

Blease, Strauss, Garland, Grimes, Bartram, Joel MacDonald, Tapscott, all fighting for 3 or 4 spots.

Plus any new additions to the list in the coming years.

I think you underestimate the ability of the rest of the players to provide that hardness without his presence.

Brutally honest, but for me he is Campbell Brown with a much better kick.

I want to keep him, but if he's the difference between getting Dangerfield or not, the choice is Dangerfield.

Really who, other than about 6 of them without counting. We have to build in this area.

Tappy's hardness is underestimated. And the hurt from a hip & shoulder only Rhys Shaw can testify.

IF we want to lose the Bruise Free ways and move back into the days of Spalding & Grinter, & Wight, & Hughes, & O'Dwyer, & Koop, thenwe have to keep these boys.

Size does count Lutz, If you have doubts, look to the Cats when hungry, not the Most skilled or most agile, or the quickest, But tough, Hard & honest!

If you were going to compare tapscott to anyone from west coast I would think Hurn would be a more suitable comparison. Tapscott just hasn't got his defensive capabilities up to scratch yet. I worry that he has/will continue to be found out by the more mobile medium forwards. Would much rather grimes, bennel and strauss of the half-back line. Big tapscott fan though, I hope he works on his engine and gets a run in the middle and half foward line.

Dangerfield is under contract and due to this will not be going anywhere. Next year may be a different story. Tapscott just played his first season of senior football where he looked very capable playing a role that he had not played previously. How about maybe we give the kid some time before people decide what he is and how good he'll be.

• Like 1

He had injuries late in the year too, which hampered his form and led to surgery.

Blease, Strauss, Garland, Grimes, Bartram, Joel MacDonald, Tapscott, all fighting for 3 or 4 spots.

Speaking of Strauss, does anyone see him playing in 2012?

The break was quite severe....

Really who, other than about 6 of them without counting. We have to build in this area.

Tappy's hardness is underestimated. And the hurt from a hip & shoulder only Rhys Shaw can testify.

IF we want to lose the Bruise Free ways and move back into the days of Spalding & Grinter, & Wight, & Hughes, & O'Dwyer, & Koop, thenwe have to keep these boys.

Size does count Lutz, If you have doubts, look to the Cats when hungry, not the Most skilled or most agile, or the quickest, But tough, Hard & honest!

That's your problem.

You're stuck in an era 20+ years ago.

Do you really think hardness cannot be developed in the players on the list now?

Size does matter - and while skinny players can bulk up, Tapscott will never get any taller.

All tall midfielders.

You compare Tapscott to Chapman? Well Chapman has a cm or 2 on him.

His hardness isn't underestimated - he's rated on that aspect the most.

But it is something that can be instilled within a playing group.

Otherwise you'd be coaching the team on a pittance while BP would be on a $2mil salary.

Once again - I wish to keep Tapscott, but open your eyes to the fact he isn't the most critical player on our list, and if we are to improve through trade, it will only be done incrementally through relatively equitable deals.

& Dangerfield is simply worth more than Tapscott.

You are aware that he had a hip operation in his first season which robbed him of the chance of playing in the firsts?

Blease will probably play on the wing, Strauss still has to show he is the goods, he isn't an automatic selection yet, Garland is set, Grimes has to overcome injury and may play in the middle, Bartram and Joel Mac are going to struggle.