Sylvia gone too ??

GIRO

I agree, but I wouldn't mind engineering a Deal to get Andrew Gaff back home to us, if we could work out something.

Sylvia to Sydney + maybe Davey or Bennell or someone, to West Coast for Gaff + a pick from 2012 draft.

Sydney get their player,,, WC get they're small forward,,, & we'd get a great young Mid we need, with great foot skills.

That seems to work for everyone except Eagles thay are not getting much

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At times you say the smartest things & at others you way the possibilities up very well.

Not saying I always agree with you ... but on this one is hard to see them giving up Reid for nearly anything we would be prepared to offer.

But you never know your luck in a big city.

If anyone agreed with everything I had to say I 'd be worried 007.

Sometimes, upon reflection, I don't even agree with what I have to say! :lol:

Edited by Range Rover

Where is the August Scully thread? Have I missed it? It should be august.

August as in inspiring and imposing? or August as in the month?

Both would be apt.

Perhaps the reason for the drop off is that everyone bar a few stragglers have accepted he's flown the coup?

Edited by Range Rover

Both would be apt.

Perhaps the reason for the drop off is that everyone bar a few stragglers have accepted he's flown the coup?

Yeah, or that we have the same factless (and feckless) arguments every month?

Just let it go, RR.

You think he has made a decision, I think he has to make one.

WGAF considering what is going on at the club at the minute.

Both would be apt.

Or the lack of leadership and apparent lack of effort as well as a new interim coach have taken stage.

Btw, as an aside I was going to add in the other now-locked thread, that I've seen some order with 'chicken salt' and was wondering if that could be discussed, but I guess another time.

Col gets a 2 year deal in my eyes....Time to step up Colin, but i think he is still required for 2012-13

I'm comfortable with that wyl, but not at an inflated pay rate, and on a heavily performance/inventive based contract. Let's see if a new coach can get Col to do all of the team things, and consistently deliver on his largely unfulfilled potential.

I'm comfortable with that wyl, but not at an inflated pay rate, and on a heavily performance/inventive based contract. Let's see if a new coach can get Col to do all of the team things, and consistently deliver on his largely unfulfilled potential.

I beleive given the money hes wanting that this ( performance based ) is the sticking point. Here in lies the impasse !!..Doesnt seem to want to back himself in :rolleyes:

Get real. He will have three offers on the table that are not performance based. ANd most likely larger than ours.

Haven't you heard there are two new teams in the comp splashing money about?? What he's worth and what he can get are two massively different numbers.

Get real. He will have three offers on the table that are not performance based. ANd most likely larger than ours.

Haven't you heard there are two new teams in the comp splashing money about?? What he's worth and what he can get are two massively different numbers.

Great, then I say go for it Col!

Guest hangon007

If anyone agreed with everything I had to say I 'd be worried 007.

Sometimes, upon reflection, I don't even agree with what I have to say! :lol:

Made me chuckle after a long hard day at the Zoo ... thanks. :)

Guest hangon007

I beleive given the money hes wanting that this ( performance based ) is the sticking point. Here in lies the impasse !!..Doesnt seem to want to back himself in :rolleyes:

Are you sure you are on the same planet ... or are you just blind.

If club x offers $600,000 .... yet club y offer $400,000 ... you want him to do what? Let me guess your reason ... Its the Melbourne football club we stand for our history.

Yeah that should convince him. Will you call him or want me to do your dirty work for you.

If you call him dont forget to tell him YOU think he has an attitude problem & after 8 years at our club he is not prepared to "back himself".

Good luck with your phone call. B)

Edited by hangon007

Guest hangon007

He shakes his head in disbelief.....

Swans will go for a player who's been around for eight years, needs special strapping to play every week, is as inconsistent as they come and the Swans will give up a tall forward who can REALLY take a grab? I don't think so.

Who said the Swans where the ONLY club interested? What gives them exclusive rights to un-contracted players?

Are you sure you are on the same planet ... or are you just blind.

If club x offers $600,000 .... yet club y offer $400,000 ... you want him to do what? Let me guess your reason ... Its the Melbourne football club we stand for our history.

Yeah that should convince him. Will you call him or want me to do your dirty work for you.

If you call him dont forget to tell him YOU think he has an attitude problem & after 8 years at our club he is not prepared to "back himself".

Good luck with your phone call. B)

Im not blind....nor as stupid as some ...

He obvously doesnt want to do the hard yards at Melbourne for 400...hed be happy to go elsewhere wothout (or maybe with same conditions ) for greater.. Im happy for him to go

And he does have an attitude problem. Its documented and there for all of us to see as he's incapable of putting 4 qtrs together and is known to go walk abouts against harder more demanding treams.

Youre a great apologist for mediocrity 007. Some here have much higher aspirations for our team.

Guest hangon007

Just let it go, RR.

You think he has made a decision, I think he has to make one.

WGAF considering what is going on at the club at the minute.

Hello big boy ... dont forget me. No I dont think he has made a decision yet. I think he still has to make one. :) :) :) :)

Hope like hell its us.

Go Dees

Edited by hangon007

give him our best offer and if that does not suit get the best deal we can and wish him good bye.

he has done bugger all this year. I have said elsewhere I think he is another "Trapper"

I am tired of these senior players who seriously over rated their value.

Has not earned this year's salary let alone a higher rate.

Guest hangon007

Im not blind....nor as stupid as some ...

He obvously doesnt want to do the hard yards at Melbourne for 400...hed be happy to go elsewhere wothout (or maybe with same conditions ) for greater.. Im happy for him to go

And he does have an attitude problem. Its documented and there for all of us to see as he's incapable of putting 4 qtrs together and is known to go walk abouts against harder more demanding treams.

Youre a great apologist for mediocrity 007. Some here have much higher aspirations for our team.

Did you make the telephone call? sorry but start living on this planet.

The only thing I apologise for around here is for my 100% unwavering support of the players & the MFC.

I leave the criticism to the professionals at the MFC ... thats their job.

Edited by hangon007

Guest hangon007

I was replying to the earlier posts HO. The trade of Reid for Sylvia would NEVER happen.

ohhh Ok ... thanks for the clarification.

Cheers.

Guest hangon007

give him our best offer and if that does not suit get the best deal we can and wish him good bye.

he has done bugger all this year. I have said elsewhere I think he is another "Trapper"

I am tired of these senior players who seriously over rated their value.

Has not earned this year's salary let alone a higher rate.

Yeah but can we get a Jack Grimes at pick 14 in this draft? Thats the 10 million dollar question.

I doubt we would get a Jack Grimes in this draft for pick 3 ... :)

Yeah but can we get a Jack Grimes at pick 14 in this draft? Thats the 10 million dollar question.

I doubt we would get a Jack Grimes in this draft for pick 3 ... :)

but what do we get with Sylvia for $500 000 ?

occasional good game followed by 3 poor ones.

always among the missing against good sides.

Simply does not produce often enough and after 7 years he will not change.

I cannot believe the vitriol displayed towards Sylvia (a long term Demon), particularly by people who have been thoroughly intolerant of any (apparently logical) questioning by other posters of Scully's intentions at the end of the year. A simply stunning level of hypocrisy.

Sylvia is a must re-sign IMO. For a start, we will not get adequate compensation for him in any trade.

I'm also sick of accumulating good picks that clearly don't always guarantee quality players. With Sylvia, we have a quality player. Clubs like the Swans wouldn't go near him if they didn't think so.

Get him back in the seniors and re-sign him immediately. And let's focus on winning games again. All this off-field player poker is a huge distraction and, for me, has killed this season.

I cannot believe the vitriol displayed towards Sylvia (a long term Demon), particularly by people who have been thoroughly intolerant of any (apparently logical) questioning by other posters of Scully's intentions at the end of the year. A simply stunning level of hypocrisy.

Sylvia is a must re-sign IMO. For a start, we will not get adequate compensation for him in any trade.

I'm also sick of accumulating good picks that clearly don't always guarantee quality players. With Sylvia, we have a quality player. Clubs like the Swans wouldn't go near him if they didn't think so.

Get him back in the seniors and re-sign him immediately. And let's focus on winning games again. All this off-field player poker is a huge distraction and, for me, has killed this season.

but Ron he does not produce!

have a look at his results over the years.

most of this year he has had the sulks.

He is exactly what you suggest good pick can play very well but infrequently.

Can you depend on him in the trenches?

Together with Green, Davey and Bate we have got nothing this year.

It is guys like him that are the reason for our constant 10+ goal losses.

The kids are doing reasonabily but these senior players have been terrible all year.

Edited by old dee