The No T$ No B$ Thread

Redleg

2 hours ago, leave it to deever said:

Naming storms and the like after people always seems a little odd to me.

Do we do it for earthquakes or wars?

Even stranger is people who discover diseases and then name it after themselves. What a nice way to be remembered.

I understand Dr. Alzheimer forgot what his award was for.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, leave it to deever said:

Naming storms and the like after people always seems a little odd to me.

Do we do it for earthquakes or wars?

Even stranger is people who discover diseases and then name it after themselves. What a nice way to be remembered.

Sometimes posts are triggering - this was one - that prompt me to consult Dr Google. Had anyone died of the disease named for them?!

It was an unfruitful consultation. However, it did throw up lots of fascinating articles in the general subject of disease naming. This BBC article seems typical:

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-34913764

There must be a gap in the market for the syndrome - possibly fatal but yet to be proven so? - whose major symptom is participating in and enjoying this thread.

A number of names suggest themselves (you know who you are...)

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 12/06/2024 at 14:06, george_on_the_outer said:

I don't think the appreciators ( is that a word?) of banana delicacies in this thread, had noticed a certain lady had thrown a BANANA milkshake at Nigel Farage last week.

Only Fans model reveals she spent 8 HOURS in a police cell after throwing McDonald's banana milkshake over Nigel Farage | The Sun

Is this sacrilege @Redleg?  

Or is it because McDonalds can't do a banana milkshake properly? 

It also appears from her social media photos she may be a Demon supporter?

Throwing a banana milkshake at someone instead of drinking it, deserves 8 hours, if not more,  in a police cell. 

Now as an Only Fans model, had she tipped the banana milkshake over herself, while in a state of undress, that would be an entirely different story.

Edited by Redleg
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, whatwhat say what said:

lou gehrig's disease

Indeed, WSW (you're not related to that other double-W, are you?😲); that's as I always thought.

However! Look what my consult with the good Doctor threw up:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2010/aug/17/lou-gehrig-disease-baseball-death

Discuss.

On 21/06/2024 at 07:43, beelzebub said:

No one cares what Yanks think.....other than Yanks of course....  

They've bastardised the language and therefore forfeited any relevance.

As in..Tonite I'm thru with donuts.

That said at least there are those around who sorely test the limits of Darwinism that'll probably dial 911 thereby doing us all a favoUr ;) 

They do? News to me! 😆

• Haha 1

On 21/06/2024 at 05:43, beelzebub said:

No one cares what Yanks think.....other than Yanks of course....  

They've bastardised the language and therefore forfeited any relevance.

As in..Tonite I'm thru with donuts.

That said at least there are those around who sorely test the limits of Darwinism that'll probably dial 911 thereby doing us all a favoUr ;) 

That is not the way to talk about our Overlords.

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, DemonFrog said:

That is not the way to talk about our Overlords.

Is that any way for a vassal to talk? Especially after they just gave us back the political prisoner.

I just got a whisper of a thrill thinking about a giant infodump on the preposterous AUKUS negotiations. I can only hope there was, at some early point in submarine negotiations, a recorded conversation between Morrison, Johnson and Trump.

Johnson: {burp} "What's long and hard and full of seamen?"

Trump: "Hur hur hur, I'll tell that one to my daughter."

Morrison: "I don't get it. I'd better ask my wife."

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Redleg said:

You are back.

7 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

At the risk of you going into shock Frogger - I offer my best wishes on your resurrection!

What's this about?

1 hour ago, Redleg said:

You are back.

Yes the Melbourne Football Clubs recent performance has bought me out of retirement 

1 hour ago, Little Goffy said:

Is that any way for a vassal to talk? Especially after they just gave us back the political prisoner.

I just got a whisper of a thrill thinking about a giant infodump on the preposterous AUKUS negotiations. I can only hope there was, at some early point in submarine negotiations, a recorded conversation between Morrison, Johnson and Trump.

Johnson: {burp} "What's long and hard and full of seamen?"

Trump: "Hur hur hur, I'll tell that one to my daughter."

Morrison: "I don't get it. I'd better ask my wife."

Hell will freeze over before we spend around $400 billion dollars on a few subs from our Overlords.

1 hour ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

At the risk of you going into shock Frogger - I offer my best wishes on your resurrection!

Have we reappointed Mark Needle as head coach? As we can't win a finals game anymore or beat a Western Australia AFL club. Something weird is going on and I feel Uncle Bitter has something to do with it! 😭😞

17 hours ago, DemonFrog said:

Yes the Melbourne Football Clubs recent performance has bought me out of retirement 

Whatever the reason, it is great to have you back!

Edited by Red and Bluebeard

On 28/06/2024 at 16:54, Redleg said:

Oh what a great night it would be for us to get an upset win.

Leave Rivers goal or pay Max his mark and it would have been. 

• Like 1

On 12/06/2024 at 14:06, george_on_the_outer said:

I don't think the appreciators ( is that a word?) of banana delicacies in this thread, had noticed a certain lady had thrown a BANANA milkshake at Nigel Farage last week.

Only Fans model reveals she spent 8 HOURS in a police cell after throwing McDonald's banana milkshake over Nigel Farage | The Sun

Is this sacrilege @Redleg?  

Or is it because McDonalds can't do a banana milkshake properly? 

It also appears from her social media photos she may be a Demon supporter?

I like bananas, but I reckon that's a sacrifice we'll spent. Hope it made a complete mess of him

• Like 1

On 27/06/2024 at 20:23, DemonFrog said:

Welcome back, Toady

Hope life in Westrailya is treating you well

2 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Hardly a heartfelt welcome back Moonie!

Must you continually be such a rude [censored] ?

Heard you graduated from the Dale Carnegie college recently Uncle.

11 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Hardly a heartfelt welcome back Moonie!

Must you continually be such a rude [censored] ?

What???

Go away, you bloviating buffoon!