Jackson Trengove

MadAsHell

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/116833/default.aspx

Out of contract at the end of the season and considering returning home.

He could be our gorilla type defender at his height & weight, 197cm & 97kg.

Maybe a Bate or Dunn plus a 2nd round pick may get it done?

Can you imagine Dwayne Russell commentating the first time they kick to each other? He'd waste a quarter explaining to the viewers at home how their names are similar.

Guest Artie Bucco

Mind you, the Geelong halfback line on the weekend was Harry Taylor, Josh Hunt and Taylor Hunt.

Didn't listen to the coverage, but I'm sure it was pretty special.

I have a feeling Port Adelaide are really keen to hang on to him, so I don't think the usual "Spud + Spud = Good Player" trade of Dunn and Bate for him will quite do it. I'd love him here though, if only for the off chance that it would explode Dwayne Russell's head like a wad of cookie dough.

Dunn, Jones and second round pick

Absolutely no way I would want to see Jones going anywhere... he is an integral part of the team going forward; rather than farming them out, we need to be bringing in more players with his attitude.

I have a feeling Port Adelaide are really keen to hang on to him, so I don't think the usual "Spud + Spud = Good Player" trade of Dunn and Bate for him will quite do it. I'd love him here though, if only for the off chance that it would explode Dwayne Russell's head like a wad of cookie dough.

Say we stay 9th by the end of the season and no one uses any compensation picks in the draft this year, that would leave our 2nd round pick at 36.

Bate still seems to have some sort of currency (in the media anyway). I would have thought maybe Bate plus pick 36 and maybe some swapping of other picks could get us close. Otherwise I don't think we have any SA players that want to go home.

Is he that good though? I guess he's still young and might be one day. He's in their leadership group now, and they're gonna have heaps of room in their cap. Doubt he'll move.

I dont think there is any way that the club would give up jones

He is one of only a few demons that put in 100% effort and physicality each and every game regardless of the overall team result. Even if his efforts dont always work out with the best result.

If he is keen to come back to Vic then I think we should make a play for him just not at any cost, Warnock unfortunatly seems to have reached his used by date and maybe another but but I dont know who. I would not be keen to give up our few draft picks for someone that is not what I regard as a game breaker and by that what I mean is his precence in the team would make a difference to our defence but not having him there will not cost us any games either.

Hope that made sense

Warnock and Bate for Trengove? Hrm...he primarily plays as a tall defender and second ruck to Brogan.

Tall defenders: Warnock, Frawley, McDonald

Second rucks: Martin, Dunn (yeah, I know), Gawn, Spencer

As a backup KPD, yeah. But current AFL forward lines mean you don't necessarily NEED a KPD. It's good for when you have to take on a Jonno Brown, but week-to-week he's in one of the worst defences in the comp. Yes, he's quality within that, but is he going to seriously form a part of a MFC premiership backline? Especially when we have Tom McDonald (it's either him or McNamara and I coulda sworn it was him, correct me if I'm wrong) on the way through.

Any talk of putting up Jones is misguided at best. If even half our team went about things with the attitude of that guy, we'd be in a much better position at the moment.

Is he that good though? I guess he's still young and might be one day. He's in their leadership group now, and they're gonna have heaps of room in their cap. Doubt he'll move.

^This.

I would prefer to see Davis and McDonald come on. I don't think he is a "need".

Don't think KPBs are our priority - we've got Frawley, Rivers, Garland. Martin can play there. We've got McDonald and Davis in the hopper. Warnock can't get a game. Clubs with much greater need like Hawthorn and Carlton would drive the price up.

I think outside mids and a small forward are probably our current greatest need - possibly available at a reasonable cost in trade too.

Mind you, the Geelong halfback line on the weekend was Harry Taylor, Josh Hunt and Taylor Hunt.

Didn't listen to the coverage, but I'm sure it was pretty special.

I love it! Almost as good as the time, MANY moons ago, when Collingwood's Patterson was returning from injury, and was still under a bit of a cloud, which made Collingwood's centreline read as an interesting question. The line was:

WATT PRICE PATTERSON

Yeah. I know. I'm showing my age...! LOL

I love it! Almost as good as the time, MANY moons ago, when Collingwood's Patterson was returning from injury, and was still under a bit of a cloud, which made Collingwood's centreline read as an interesting question. The line was:

WATT PRICE PATTERSON

Yeah. I know. I'm showing my age...! LOL

More on this website will know Barry Price for his teaching than his playing career. Round 22 full forward line this year:

SCULLY, GAWN, HOWE

or

WATTS, SCULLY, DUNN

Guest Guy Rigoni

Warnock and Bate for Trengove? Hrm...he primarily plays as a tall defender and second ruck to Brogan.

Once again, trading multiple duds for a good player doesn't happen. Ask any Port supporter who is in their top 3 and he will be there, just like Frawley is for us.

It would be like a Port fan saying that Brett Ebert and Tom Logan is a fair trade for Colin Garland or Jack Grimes.

Guest Artie Bucco

More on this website will know Barry Price for his teaching than his playing career. Round 22 full forward line this year:

SCULLY, GAWN, HOWE

or

WATTS, SCULLY, DUNN

I prefer the interchange being named as WATTS, SCULLY*, GAWN & DUNN.

*obviously SCULLY is interchangeable with any player on the list.

I'd prefer if it was NEWTON myself, purely for extra comedic value.

Edited by Artie Bucco

Guest Artie Bucco

And maybe no one noticed, but last year or the year before North had both WARREN BENJAMIN and BENJAMIN WARREN on their list (may still do, but I've a feeling one has since departed).

Edited by Artie Bucco

Once again, trading multiple duds for a good player doesn't happen. Ask any Port supporter who is in their top 3 and he will be there, just like Frawley is for us.

It would be like a Port fan saying that Brett Ebert and Tom Logan is a fair trade for Colin Garland or Jack Grimes.

I was more looking at Trengove in our makeup than worrying about the trade itself.

Other clubs will go for him.

I prefer the interchange being named as WATTS, SCULLY*, GAWN & DUNN.

Artie, now THAT is clever! Well done! (or is that "well DUNN??" LOL)

Just one up on The Master, eh?!