MFC need to take a look at Richmond

lucifer

These type of brainless threads are insufferable.

Pick a team that has just had a few good matches strung together culminating in a really good win and claim that they have something we don't.

How about a more advanced list?

How about a shorter injury list?

Do people think before they post, or do they lead with blind emotion?

Where is the analysis of the FACTS rather than feeble attempts to define the intangible?

Number 1, because you don't agree doesn't make it brainless. Number 2, if it's SO insufferable, don't bother replying. Move on and read something else instead of trying to big note yourself with a response.

And at this point of time, in reality, given all the picks we've had, and the fact that Richmond bottomed out AFTER Melbourne, should they have a more advanced list?

Injury list is long, granted.

If you don't like the thread, read something else. Pretty simple.

These type of brainless threads are insufferable.

Pick a team that has just had a few good matches strung together culminating in a really good win and claim that they have something we don't.

How about a more advanced list?

How about a shorter injury list?

Do people think before they post, or do they lead with blind emotion?

Where is the analysis of the FACTS rather than feeble attempts to define the intangible?

And furthermore, it takes more than just grabbing your jumper when you're winning by 70 odd points to show passion. Richmond have it, we don't.

How come every one keeps on daring me? Did I slander them?

Looking forward to see Brad keep it up for the year and not just when he gets the red hot poker up the proverbial. Seen too much talent gone to waste over several generations and are our youngest finest learning from the best?.

Yeah, you called him part of a "culture of softness". I say that he (Moloney), Chip, Trengove, Sylvia and Jones are attempting to impose thier standards on the rest of the team. I support the culture of those blokes.

Yes I look forward to that too (Green's continuing response).

Yeah, you called him part of a "culture of softness". I say that he (Moloney), Chip, Trengove, Sylvia and Jones are attempting to impose thier standards on the rest of the team. I support the culture of those blokes.

Yes I look forward to that too (Green's continuing response).

Then why are they not leading the club then? Is there anything in the rules that says tired near has beens that perform every once in a while must be the leaders? Maybe we need some kind of leadership revolution at the club.

Edited by america de cali

Then why are they not leading the club then? Is there anything in the rules that says tired near has beens that perform every once in a while must be the leaders? Maybe we need some kind of leadership revolution at the club.

Green hasn't been that, nor has Davey but I get your point. The club chose a process to choose it's leadership group along the same lines as nearly every other club. It remains to be seen whether we have got it right. Davey will get some time to mentally adjust either at Casey or in a green vest on the pine, not only was he a poor leader he was a destructive influence.

Hopefully Brad is coming to terms with it all. We shall see.

Guest Artie Bucco

Number 1, because you don't agree doesn't make it brainless. Number 2, if it's SO insufferable, don't bother replying. Move on and read something else instead of trying to big note yourself with a response.

And at this point of time, in reality, given all the picks we've had, and the fact that Richmond bottomed out AFTER Melbourne, should they have a more advanced list?

Injury list is long, granted.

If you don't like the thread, read something else. Pretty simple.

Number 1, you're right, me not agreeing with it isn't what makes it brainless.

Number 2, I'll reply to whatever I want to.

Not sure how you could interpret this as big-noting.

Are you aware of what year Richmond finished bottom and acquired Deledio?

They were wooden-spooner again in 2007 to get Cotchin, when we only began to bottom out.

You obviously have no idea about the state of either list and the concept of rebuilding a list, or where a list is "at".

And furthermore, it takes more than just grabbing your jumper when you're winning by 70 odd points to show passion. Richmond have it, we don't.

It's this sort of ignorant emotive rubbish that is annoying.

It's nothing to do with "passion". That's just a concept you feel you can easily get your head around, so that must be the reason.

Completely wrong and ignorant.

Number 1, you're right, me not agreeing with it isn't what makes it brainless.

Number 2, I'll reply to whatever I want to.

Not sure how you could interpret this as big-noting.

Are you aware of what year Richmond finished bottom and acquired Deledio?

They were wooden-spooner again in 2007 to get Cotchin, when we only began to bottom out.

You obviously have no idea about the state of either list and the concept of rebuilding a list, or where a list is "at".

It's this sort of ignorant emotive rubbish that is annoying.

It's nothing to do with "passion". That's just a concept you feel you can easily get your head around, so that must be the reason.

Completely wrong and ignorant.

Wow, so passion doesn't have a part to play in footy or comments/observations thereof huh. That's news to me. Must have been barracking/watching/turning up at game after game/yelling support/buying memberships, merchandise & demon incentive plans/handing out "no merger" leaflets at the G/Dallas Brooks etc for some other reason other than passion for the last 40 years :huh:

Edited by Rusty Nails

Richmond are going well, they will put in some crap performances this year, as will Essendon.

Guest Artie Bucco

Wow, so passion doesn't have a part to play in footy or comments/observations thereof huh. That's news to me. Must have been barracking/watching/turning up at game after game/yelling support/buying memberships, merchandise & demon incentive plans/handing out "no merger" leaflets at the G/Dallas Brooks etc for some other reason other than passion for the last 40 years :huh:

Textbook missing-the-point.

It was nothing to do with passion, we lost because of a combination of poor decisions and skill execution errors at times.

This was a derivative of our extensive injury list and inexperience.

Lack of passion had nothing to do with yesterday's result.

NB. The rest of your post has nothing to do with the team's performance on a football field. Ever.

They are examples of supporter passion.

I'm not sure what made you think they had any relevance in this discussion.

Edited by Artie Bucco

Looking forward to playing Richmond and Essendon, could be handy performance indicators for us.

As you say Richmond are doing this, with more healthy players than us

This is the point that alot of people are missing. I thought we went just as hard at the ball today (a couple of incidents aside)than Richmond and Essendon who I watched tonight. Essendon looked like worldbeaters 3 weeks ago but injuries to Dempsey, Winderlich, Hurley, Watson and suspension to Hocking and how suprising that they fell over the line against Brisbane and lost last night. Richmond looked great the last 4 weeks. I wonder how much that has to do with only one player missing out of their best 22 (Kelvin Moore).

It was nothing to do with passion, we lost because of a combination of poor decisions and skill execution errors at times.

NB. The rest of your post has nothing to do with the team's performance on a football field. Ever.

They are examples of supporter passion.

I'm not sure what made you think they had any relevance in this discussion.

Apparently everyone is "textbook missing-the-point". Why don't you just let people on here have their opinion, just as you are entitled to yours. My opinion is that as a team yesterday, it looked like our leaders weren't playing with the same passion and drive as the second string Richmond players. Now you can get on here and tell me i'm ignorant or missing-the-point, but the fact is, that's what I think.

I just don't understand why you feel it so necessary to troll these boards and have a dig at supporters who are passionate about the club.

Guest Artie Bucco

Bahahaha I didn't stop you from you having your opinion, I just presented my opinion that yours is wrong.

Carry on, princess.

Ok. So davey's squibb wasn't a result of "passion" or lack thereof then?

Or maybe (in your mind) this was a clear example of a derivative of our extensive injury list and inexperience?

Nice one Artie

Yep. Sporting teams at the elite level don't play with passion for their jumper or their fans. The just play. Mate, it's relevant because without our passion and following the Club wouldn't exist....period. If you don't have passion from the fans and the players don't play with any on the field, you may as well stay home bud.

Edited by Rusty Nails

Guest Artie Bucco

Davey's squibb was a result of neither of the 2 options you present.

It was simply due to a lack of courage and/or commitment.

Neither of those things are passion.

I didn't say passion has no place in football, but the examples you offered were poor and unrelated.

This is the point that alot of people are missing. I thought we went just as hard at the ball today (a couple of incidents aside)than Richmond and Essendon who I watched tonight. Essendon looked like worldbeaters 3 weeks ago but injuries to Dempsey, Winderlich, Hurley, Watson and suspension to Hocking and how suprising that they fell over the line against Brisbane and lost last night. Richmond looked great the last 4 weeks. I wonder how much that has to do with only one player missing out of their best 22 (Kelvin Moore).

I think you make a good point here. Injuries have cruelled us, and this is not so much as losing key players (which we have) but having so many changes each week would make it difficult for most sides to build consistency in their performances because you have different guys coming in each week and having to keep adapting. I thought the guys put in a much more spirit this week for most of the game and it was the poor effort from Davey and a few others that killed our chances of winning that game.

I don't doubt that Frawley, Moloney, Jones and others are trying to instill a better culture at the club and I think that some of the younger guys are showing more of this too.