NFL

Dappa Dan

I cannot believe this Jets team. First Rodgers with the interception and then Garrett Wilson dropping a catch that bounced of his pads and returned 1 yard short of the end zone 🙄

Doing well with my tipping though, only one I got wrong so far was KC, and only missed 3 last week. Picked up $200 on a multi today so that helped alleviate the frustration of the Jets.

I can't believe I didn't go with Cousin Sal's special Steelers down at half time and win the game, I stay away from Jets games but this one was ripe for that kind of result.

We can sign Rodgers, Adams, Reddick whatever, it doesn't matter this team seems cursed. Probably need to look at the lines, especially the o-line but that won't help with the dumb play and stupid penalties.

Edited by Dr. Gonzo
  • Like 1

Yeah the Jets just seem to find new ways to have things go wrong, both interceptions were unbelievable. 

Lions Vikings game was a fun watch.

Rams did their best to lose that game, have the Vikes on thursday.... eeek.

Should have Kupp back which will help.

**Rant alert**

After two bloopies against our division already the Niners were presented with a chance to get the season back on track in a SB rematch with the Chiefs and a depleted chiefs at that. Yes we've got a hospital ward full of casualties but there was enough out there and of course we've got the chosen one Kyle Shanahan calling the shots! It would be tough but a great opportunity to build confidence.

No. No. Chiefs get an early lead but give up two uncharacteristic turnovers, here is our chance to pounce! 12-14 down and marching down the field, BANG Brock throws a stupid pick. After the Chiefs score, we take it down again. Let's just try and get it in the endzone and make a game of it, no another pick in the endzone. Brock's worst game for the Niners and I count last year's game against the Ravens where he threw 4 picks.

But the F on my report card has to go to the coaching. I've now decided that Kyle Shanahan cannot coach against good man coverage. He is amazing against a base defense that plays soft zone coverage, but when they play press man coverage he never seems to be able to scheme anyone open, ever. He is also only as good as his running back. He might be one of the best run play callers we've seen, passing plays I think he's bang average and after 8 years you'd think you'd have assembled the personnel you wanted for this. 

Nick Sorensen is looking dodgy as a DC as well and I am so sick of playing the Wide 9, we aren't getting enough sacks out of it and it only works if you have a big stud defensive tackle. Admittedly losing Javon Hargrave really stuffed this. 

It's shaping like nothing year, making the playoffs would be a great save but we've now lost Aiyuk likely for the season (Money well spent guys). It's the season I've come to expect after a Super bowl letdown, from that first moment when McCaffery had the achillies injury I knew it was going to be tough sailing.

Rant over and apologies. 

Edited by layzie

1 hour ago, Gorgoroth said:

Yeah the Jets just seem to find new ways to have things go wrong, both interceptions were unbelievable. 

My kingdom for a receiver that gets open..

4 hours ago, layzie said:

**Rant alert**

After two bloopies against our division already the Niners were presented with a chance to get the season back on track in a SB rematch with the Chiefs and a depleted chiefs at that. Yes we've got a hospital ward full of casualties but there was enough out there and of course we've got the chosen one Kyle Shanahan calling the shots! It would be tough but a great opportunity to build confidence.

No. No. Chiefs get an early lead but give up two uncharacteristic turnovers, here is our chance to pounce! 12-14 down and marching down the field, BANG Brock throws a stupid pick. After the Chiefs score, we take it down again. Let's just try and get it in the endzone and make a game of it, no another pick in the endzone. Brock's worst game for the Niners and I count last year's game against the Ravens where he threw 4 picks.

But the F on my report card has to go to the coaching. I've now decided that Kyle Shanahan cannot coach against good man coverage. He is amazing against a base defense that plays soft zone coverage, but when they play press man coverage he never seems to be able to scheme anyone open, ever. He is also only as good as his running back. He might be one of the best run play callers we've seen, passing plays I think he's bang average and after 8 years you'd think you'd have assembled the personnel you wanted for this. 

Nick Sorensen is looking dodgy as a DC as well and I am so sick of playing the Wide 9, we aren't getting enough sacks out of it and it only works if you have a big stud defensive tackle. Admittedly losing Javon Hargrave really stuffed this. 

It's shaping like nothing year, making the playoffs would be a great save but we've now lost Aiyuk likely for the season (Money well spent guys). It's the season I've come to expect after a Super bowl letdown, from that first moment when McCaffery had the achillies injury I knew it was going to be tough sailing.

Rant over and apologies. 

Decent rant. And as a fellow Niners fan,  I can't find much to disagree with. 

Most frustrating has been our inability to convert field position and scoring opportunities into touchdowns. 

Much like another team I have followed for decades . Bloody Spurs in the EPL. 

Don't get me started on the Dees poxy conversion woes.

Maddening  !

• Like 1

And we have a new leader in the tipping comp ... Clint has hit the front!

Leaderboard Tipping Comp*

This Week's Awarded Points in Brackets

17 - Clintosaurus (3)

16 - Dr. Gonzo (3),  DemonDave (0)

14 - Go the Biff (3),  layzie (3)

12 - BDA (3),  Macca (1)

11 - JV7 (3),  Gorgoroth (3)

10 - titan_uranus (3)

9 - DeeSpencer (0)

8 - ElDiablo14 (1),  Dee Zephyr (1)

*Subject to a proof read!

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Go the Biff said:

Decent rant. And as a fellow Niners fan,  I can't find much to disagree with. 

Most frustrating has been our inability to convert field position and scoring opportunities into touchdowns. 

Much like another team I have followed for decades . Bloody Spurs in the EPL. 

Don't get me started on the Dees poxy conversion woes.

Maddening  !

Thanks Go The Biff, nice to get some credit for it at least!

We just do nothing in the redzone now, CMC was vital to pretty much everything we did in there.

The best was deciding against going for 2 to tie it up and then missing the extra point!

Sorry Spurs have got you down, plenty of season to go though 😀

11 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

The Lions Vikings game was incredible. I admittedly watched the 40 minute condensed version but the speed and intensity of both teams was noticeable, felt like a playoff game if not an NFCCG.

I'm on the Lions for the rest of the season, very fun to watch and their tortured fans deserve some success. Goff going from near,-bust #1 pick to MVP contention is a great story too. Still paying 7-1 which are juicy odds, Lamar probably the only other one in contention at the moment. I don't see it (yet) with Stroud and Mahomes has been average. Allen or Burrow are smokeys if they get on a good run in the back half of the season.

• Like 1

@Go the Biff @DeeSpencer @titan_uranus @Clintosaurus @Dee Zephyr @Dr. Gonzo  @DemonDave @BDA @layzie  @Dappa Dan @ElDiablo14 @JV7 @Gorgoroth

Bleacher Report - Week 7 Top Takeaways for Every Game

Leaderboard Tipping Comp

This Week's Awarded Points in Brackets

17 - Clintosaurus (3)

16 - Dr. Gonzo (3),  DemonDave (0)

14 - Go the Biff (3),  layzie (3)

12 - BDA (3),  Macca (1)

11 - JV7 (3),  Gorgoroth (3)

10 - titan_uranus (3)

9 - DeeSpencer (0)

8 - ElDiablo14 (1),  Dee Zephyr (1)

Another easy week!!!!

Printable NFL Week 8 Against the Spread Pick 'em Sheets

10 hours ago, layzie said:

**Rant alert**

Rant over and apologies. 

Your old DC is looking for work, Saleh could return to the 9ers next season.

I think Shanahan is overrated, outsmarts himself too often and really he will never live down the 28-3 SB until he wins one. But it's pretty rough to go too hard on him this year considering the number of injuries. Just having CMC out meant they were pushing it uphill but compound that with the emergency ward of injuries and it gets pretty difficult to compete with the best in this league.

Hoping they can hold off the Seahawks for the division, they already have a tie breaker against them and get them at home again. I actually prefer the Seahawks but have a multi on with all division winners and SF looks like the one that will cost me (a chance Steelers also upend the Ravens but unlikely).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Your old DC is looking for work, Saleh could return to the 9ers next season.

I think Shanahan is overrated, outsmarts himself too often and really he will never live down the 28-3 SB until he wins one. But it's pretty rough to go too hard on him this year considering the number of injuries. Just having CMC out meant they were pushing it uphill but compound that with the emergency ward of injuries and it gets pretty difficult to compete with the best in this league.

Hoping they can hold off the Seahawks for the division, they already have a tie breaker against them and get them at home again. I actually prefer the Seahawks but have a multi on with all division winners and SF looks like the one that will cost me (a chance Steelers also upend the Ravens but unlikely).

I think he is overrated too Gonzo. Always trying to reinvent the wheel and he never takes responsibility for losses. In this game he was giving Purdy a big 'talking to' in the locker room while the media were in there. Not good enough.

I would have Saleh back as DC in a heartbeat, I'd even consider as head coach but that's because I'm mad right now.

I can't agree on the Seahawks through, Seattle scumbags more like it.

What a horrible night for Tampa, Evans tears his hammy (he was already suss with the hamstring last week wasn't he?) and then Godwin mangles his leg with the Bucs still playing starters when the game was basically done. Can understand the game was still technically live but it doesn't make it any easier for Tampa fans. Falcons in the box seat in NFC South now could almost wrap it up with a win against Tampa next week.

On 21/10/2024 at 18:32, Dr. Gonzo said:

I cannot believe this Jets team. First Rodgers with the interception and then Garrett Wilson dropping a catch that bounced of his pads and returned 1 yard short of the end zone 🙄

Doing well with my tipping though, only one I got wrong so far was KC, and only missed 3 last week. Picked up $200 on a multi today so that helped alleviate the frustration of the Jets.

I can't believe I didn't go with Cousin Sal's special Steelers down at half time and win the game, I stay away from Jets games but this one was ripe for that kind of result.

We can sign Rodgers, Adams, Reddick whatever, it doesn't matter this team seems cursed. Probably need to look at the lines, especially the o-line but that won't help with the dumb play and stupid penalties.

I don't know too well what's happening on the offensive side of the ball there but it appears to be a mess. Does Hackett even do anything now? Can't imagine Ulbrich gets too involved being of a defensive nature. 

21 minutes ago, layzie said:

I don't know too well what's happening on the offensive side of the ball there but it appears to be a mess. Does Hackett even do anything now? Can't imagine Ulbrich gets too involved being of a defensive nature. 

Hackett was demoted to.....I don't know what he does now.

New playcaller since Bills game, Browning? Downing? Offense has been slightly better since the change but the O-line just stinks, Breece Hall is almost being tackled before getting the handoff most times.

Defense isn't great either, they fixed the run defense slightly against the Steelers but the corners (with Reed out) were horrible. Gardner is having a poor year, being targeted more often and giving away way too many PI penalties. Hopefully Reddick will help if he can put pressure on the QB but who knows what shape he is in after missing half a season.

Edited by Dr. Gonzo

1 hour ago, layzie said:

Haha that's not gonna happen, I don't think..

I mean salary cap would be the problem and I would hope the Rams refusing to trade to the niners.

But for me this is super dumb, we run Detroit to the line at Detroit, lose Nacua half way through the game and two lineman then Kupp the week after.

But we looked good vs Detroit, why? Cos we had recievers that Stafford could hit with confidence, so yes we have struggled but now with Puka on designated return you would hope in the next few weeks we have them both back.

If we trade Kupp you should trade Stafford and sit Puka for the year and Tank for a top 3 pick.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

I mean salary cap would be the problem and I would hope the Rams refusing to trade to the niners.

But for me this is super dumb, we run Detroit to the line at Detroit, lose Nacua half way through the game and two lineman then Kupp the week after.

But we looked good vs Detroit, why? Cos we had recievers that Stafford could hit with confidence, so yes we have struggled but now with Puka on designated return you would hope in the next few weeks we have them both back.

If we trade Kupp you should trade Stafford and sit Puka for the year and Tank for a top 3 pick.

Yeah I can't see it. I mean I'd love him but it I don't see how a trade could happen. Might get interesting if we put Deebo on the block but I really don't think you're after another injury prone receiver. 

KC could maybe be a shout with their injuries but I'm thinking the Chargers could be the ideal suitor for Kupp. Herbert badly needs a dynamic redzone threat and I reckon Harbaugh could work a bit of magic with those two.