• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

NFL

Dappa Dan

I believe so, but I stand corrected. The fans vote on the award and I think the voting continues past the regular season right up until close to the Super Bowl. Therefore, the Post season will count (sort of). He's a very likeable sportsperson but so are Wilson and Luck. Washington being a big city has to help him.

On one hand you have the logical side that will vote for wilson due to his playoff performances. On the other you will have Washington and probably a lot of other bandwagon RG3 fans. Luck is dead in the water on this one. If I had to pick a QB to wear purple for the next 10 years I would take Luck every time though.

On one hand you have the logical side that will vote for wilson due to his playoff performances. On the other you will have Washington and probably a lot of other bandwagon RG3 fans. Luck is dead in the water on this one. If I had to pick a QB to wear purple for the next 10 years I would take Luck every time though.

It's nice having a quality QB who stays on the park. It's almost a guaranteed 8-9 wins. The thing about RG3, Wilson and Kaepernick is that they can all accurately throw the ball (with velocity and distance). They don't necessarily need to run, it's more the threat of the run that can dismantle defence's. All three are capable of getting to the sidelines quickly (with extra yardage) than the average QB.

Which QB would you take if you didn't have AP? I know if the Packers didn't have Rodgers I'd take Kaepernick. They are all 'winners' so I can see all 4 having great career's. It's a toss up between RG3, Luck and Wilson for my 2nd choice.

Edited by Macca

It's nice having a quality QB who stays on the park. It's almost a guaranteed 8-9 wins. The thing about RG3, Wilson and Kaepernick is that they can all accurately throw the ball (with velocity and distance). They don't necessarily need to run, it's more the threat of the run that can dismantle defence's. All three are capable of getting to the sidelines quickly (with extra yardage) than the average QB.

Which QB would you take if you didn't have AP? I know if the Packers didn't have Rodgers I'd take Kaepernick. They are all 'winners' so I can see all 4 having great career's. It's a toss up between RG3, Luck and Wilson for my 2nd choice.

It's hard to think about the vikes without AP but I would take luck and then Wilson. I can't see RG3 playing for too long with his knee injuries. Luck is mr reliable and Wilson seems to have a determination about him. He was the third string QB at the start of the year.

It's hard to think about the vikes without AP but I would take luck and then Wilson. I can't see RG3 playing for too long with his knee injuries. Luck is mr reliable and Wilson seems to have a determination about him. He was the third string QB at the start of the year.

RG3 might get on that 'Deer antler spray' and be ready to go in a month! Apparently all you need to do is spray it under the tongue and next minute you've turned into Usain Bolt.

The Kiwi's are revolutionising sport with their livestock. Whooda thunk-it !

Maybe Ray overdid it a bit ... (allegedly)

Forest.jpg

Edited by Macca
  • Like 2

RG3 might get on that 'Deer antler spray' and be ready to go in a month! Apparently all you need to do is spray it under the tongue and next minute you've turned into Usain Bolt.

The Kiwi's are revolutionising sport with their livestock. Whooda thunk-it !

Maybe Ray overdid it a bit ... (allegedly)

It could explain Ray's behaviour at times. A bit too much spray sends him off to another planet. Cris Carter in the Hall of Fame! I loved watching him play. His sideline and endzone catches were awesome. Not bad for a bloke who was let go by the eagles for having a cocaine problem in his first year. He turned it around and the only thing missing was a superbowl ring. He deserved it.

Edit: I'm a bit concerned if AP doesn't win the MVP. He is telling everyone he is the MVP and Peyton Manning took the [censored] out of him at the pro bowl. If he doesn't win he may go on a rampage and hurt his knee again.

Edited by cowboy_from_hell

It could explain Ray's behaviour at times. A bit too much spray sends him off to another planet. Cris Carter in the Hall of Fame! I loved watching him play. His sideline and endzone catches were awesome. Not bad for a bloke who was let go by the eagles for having a cocaine problem in his first year. He turned it around and the only thing missing was a superbowl ring. He deserved it.

Edit: I'm a bit concerned if AP doesn't win the MVP. He is telling everyone he is the MVP and Peyton Manning took the [censored] out of him at the pro bowl. If he doesn't win he may go on a rampage and hurt his knee again.

Bill Parcells gets in as well. Cris Carter is a terrific analyst on the sport. Always look forward to his comments. Not much 'filler' with Carter. Just tells it like it is. And he tends to lighten the mood as well.

Yep, AP has been talking a bit. But that's how it generally works over there. I don't really have a problem with it. Show a bit of personality - the AFL could learn a lot about access to players and coaches. Shooting from the hip a bit makes the whole thing way more interesting. Even Belichick is interesting (because he's so conservative compared to everyone else)

Adrian Peterson wins MVP

Russell Wilson wins Rookie of the Year

Edit : added award recipients

Edited by Macca

Bill Parcells gets in as well. Cris Carter is a terrific analyst on the sport. Always look forward to his comments. Not much 'filler' with Carter. Just tells it like it is. And he tends to lighten the mood as well.

Yep, AP has been talking a bit. But that's how it generally works over there. I don't really have a problem with it. Show a bit of personality - the AFL could learn a lot about access to players and coaches. Shooting from the hip a bit makes the whole thing way more interesting. Even Belichick is interesting (because he's so conservative compared to everyone else)

Breaking news ... AP wins MVP... and ... Russell Wilson wins Rookie of the Year

Could you imagine the U.S sports press coming down here to do some conferences with our coaches and players? They would throw a riot afterwards. They would think Belichick is originally an Aussie. It is a joke sometimes how we conduct ourselves. It comes from both ends the media and players/coaches. It will never change but it's a wonder people like hearing from Dane Swan. At least he is honest.

Good on Arians getting the coach of the year as well. Well deserved to all winners.

Could you imagine the U.S sports press coming down here to do some conferences with our coaches and players? They would throw a riot afterwards. They would think Belichick is originally an Aussie. It is a joke sometimes how we conduct ourselves. It comes from both ends the media and players/coaches. It will never change but it's a wonder people like hearing from Dane Swan. At least he is honest.

Good on Arians getting the coach of the year as well. Well deserved to all winners.

Ha ha ... Belichick makes Brendan McCartney look like a loud mouth. Though Bill in his own way, is entertaining. He has refined the art of saying 'nothing' to perfection.

I think you had Arians as coach of the year - good get.

Anyways, Bill Simmons column this week is a decent read. The column has a focus on PED's ...

... Daring to Ask the PED Question

I made a deal with myself a long time ago: My column needed to capture the things I discuss with my friends. Last week, I realized that wasn't totally happening anymore. Something of a disconnect had emerged between my private conversations and the things I wrote for Grantland/ESPN. In essence, I had turned into two people. There's Sports Fan Me, and there's ESPN Me.
Edited by Macca

Ha ha ... Belichick makes Brendan McCartney look like a loud mouth. Though Bill in his own way, is entertaining. He has refined the art of saying 'nothing' to perfection.

I think you had Arians as coach of the year - good get.

Anyways, Bill Simmons column this week is a decent read. The column has a focus on PED's ...

... Daring to Ask the PED Question

Now that's an article. Baseball will make me speculate about any great feat in sport. I remember Sosa and Macguire making the news here for their "efforts" when they were going toe to toe for the HR record. He is right we should look twice at someone like Lewis and even my man AP. But if I was a Journo when AP received his MVP would I have asked a question about doping? Hell no! It's a fine line and a journo would have been felt to be satan himself if he questioned AP,Manning or anyone else. Thanks baseball I wish I could have kept my ignorance in sport. Do you think we could have this issue or non issue whichever way you look at it in our great sport?

Now that's an article. Baseball will make me speculate about any great feat in sport. I remember Sosa and Macguire making the news here for their "efforts" when they were going toe to toe for the HR record. He is right we should look twice at someone like Lewis and even my man AP. But if I was a Journo when AP received his MVP would I have asked a question about doping? Hell no! It's a fine line and a journo would have been felt to be satan himself if he questioned AP,Manning or anyone else. Thanks baseball I wish I could have kept my ignorance in sport. Do you think we could have this issue or non issue whichever way you look at it in our great sport?

Who knows? One thing is for sure, in my experience, many footy fans will 'protect' our sport to no end. And will often have a very cynical attitude to many other sports. There is a real inconsistency there but that's the way it is.

Bias often governs how fans think. For instance, I'm way less inclined to point the finger at figures who I 'like' as opposed to athletes who are not very likeable. It's just the way we're built.

Warnie is your classic example. Most people don't see him as a drug cheat and were quite happy to believe the 'Slimming tablet' story. That attitude may well be the world over but .... maybe the South Africans or people from the sub-continent aren't so obliging.

PED's would have to be tempting for a 'fringe' player in the AFL. You get cut from a senior list at 22 years of age and it could be all over. Is there a correlation between recreational drugs and PED's? Anyway, if blood passports (biological passports) become the 'norm' then it will be much harder to cheat. They got Contador that way. Slight variation and down came the hammer.

You'd like to think that our sport is clean. But we are bit biased. ^_^

Edit : If a certain former no.4 Draft pick of ours starts runnin' through blokes and begins rackin' up 30+ possessions, I'm gonna be suspicious (and not just because he's at the Eagles under Worsfold !) :blink:

Edited by Macca

Who knows? One thing is for sure, in my experience, many footy fans will 'protect' our sport to no end. And will often have a very cynical attitude to many other sports. There is a real inconsistency there but that's the way it is.

Bias often governs how fans think. For instance, I'm way less inclined to point the finger at figures who I 'like' as opposed to athletes who are not very likeable. It's just the way we're built.

Warnie is your classic example. Most people don't see him as a drug cheat and were quite happy to believe the 'Slimming tablet' story. That attitude may well be the world over but .... maybe the South Africans or people from the sub-continent aren't so obliging.

PED's would have to be tempting for a 'fringe' player in the AFL. You get cut from a senior list at 22 years of age and it could be all over. Is there a correlation between recreational drugs and PED's? Anyway, if blood passports (biological passports) become the 'norm' then it will be much harder to cheat. They got Contador that way. Slight variation and down came the hammer.

You'd like to think that our sport is clean. But we are bit biased. ^_^

Edit : If a certain former no.4 Draft pick of ours starts runnin' through blokes and begins rackin' up 30+ possessions, I'm gonna be suspicious (and not just because he's at the Eagles under Worsfold !) :blink:

I must admit my first thought about AP is hell no he didn't/wouldn't ever EVER take anything. Mainly because of my love for him but when I take out my love for him you can see a logical case to question his recovery and season. I don't know if there is a correlation between recreation and PED's but if a player would for arguments sake take a recreational drug to up his performance their mindset musn't be against any form of PED either.

It can be comical sometimes. Alistar Overeem was a fighter in the Pride organisation (Japan) who went from a natural skinny framed Muay Thai fighter to a steroid riddled freak of nature. His argument for years was he ate horse meat everyday. No one believed him and he dodged testing in the states for years by fighting in Japan and Europe. As soon as he joined the UFC in the states he tested positive. If our latest high drafted discard gets on the horse meat it would be sad and comical at the same time.

• Like 1

I must admit my first thought about AP is hell no he didn't/wouldn't ever EVER take anything. Mainly because of my love for him but when I take out my love for him you can see a logical case to question his recovery and season. I don't know if there is a correlation between recreation and PED's but if a player would for arguments sake take a recreational drug to up his performance their mindset musn't be against any form of PED either.

It can be comical sometimes. Alistar Overeem was a fighter in the Pride organisation (Japan) who went from a natural skinny framed Muay Thai fighter to a steroid riddled freak of nature. His argument for years was he ate horse meat everyday. No one believed him and he dodged testing in the states for years by fighting in Japan and Europe. As soon as he joined the UFC in the states he tested positive. If our latest high drafted discard gets on the horse meat it would be sad and comical at the same time.

Horse meat! They've often got the 'Excuse' well planned out in advance. Think there's a website out there that 'lists' all the excuses. Some wild and wacky explanations have been thought up.

Anyway, I've gone for option 'A' tomorrow. On the couch watching it live. Had a get together I could have gone to, but it's too big a day sometimes and it's often too easy to get caught up. I'm thinking of Tuesday morning!

ESPN have got 'NFL Countdown' from 5.30am. Still reckon it's the 49ers just.

No real surprise in the Award winners, or Hall of Fame Inductions announced, all well worthy winners.

AP seems to be taking the celebrations in good stride...

adrianpetersonhospital.jpg

Less than 24 hours till the big game, nerves are kicking in here, got the couch primed and a mate coming

over to watch it. While its been fun, almost 2 weeks on ESPN nightly shows of talking about the one game,

even with my team involved, has become somewhat groundhog-day-esque.

At least this time every year the sadness of the NFL season ending is knowing that AFL is just about

to fire up again!

• Like 2

Boldin unstoppable these playoffs in the red zone!!! Wow easy as you like for the Ravens.

Flacco has been good hey ... Suppose it's only 2 scores the difference but the 'Niners' need the 1st score in the 2nd half (preferably a TD) . The Ravens are playing really well though.

Jus got home for the second half turn on the tv and 60 inches of HD beyonce is on. Not a bad Monday at all

Yeah, Beyoncé was terrific. They do it well.

Wow ! Jones with a 109 yard kick return ... 28 to 6 now ...

Power failure? Will that stop Ravens momentum?

It's a conspiracy I say.

Joe Montana has flicked the switch . He's seen enough

Nice 80 yard drive by the 'Niners. They need to stop the Ravens from scoring in this next possession.

The Kap has had a decent game apart from that one interception.

.... Momentum.....

They got on the Deer antler juice when the lights went out.

Lewis is descending back

• Like 1