Forum Game Challenge

Guest deesforspoon

Guest deesforspoon

Keepin' it fun! Don't lose the enjoyment, by getting too serious. The opposition don't look up to it to have a coach against them as well. Keep it fun.

Here thats how it should be played.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keepin' it fun! Don't lose the enjoyment, by getting too serious. The opposition don't look up to it to have a coach against them as well. Keep it fun.

I don't think you understand, it was a fun day & it was only that we were more organised than them by numbers turning up but it was still disorganised chaos at times for us & that in itself was FUN... Don't be sucked in to thinking that this day was ruined by our guys...

Guest deesforspoon

I expect to make the 8 next year-the excuses are over. With good luck on our side (injuries or lack of) the Talent is there. It's also up to the coaching Staff to Teach the Players how to win away from home. But i do think the MFC is ready to stand up tall again. That Demon from 50 years ago is waking up, be warned!

The Saints will be shell shocked after this year, and i will be suprised if they can make Top 4 again-But with Goddard in the side they are still a chance. 5-8 next year as i wonder what else Ross Lyon can do. 3 GF's in 2 years for nothing is hard to turn around.

GC17 Good God who knows-The AFL want them to win Premierships, i am hoping the Melbourne Football Club represents Victoria over the next decade to deny them at each attempt! B)

Well spoken and I enjoy your style of footy. All the best with that I expect you to take make top 8.

Well spoken and I enjoy your style of footy. All the best with that I expect you to take make top 8.

Well if you expect the Demons to make theTop 8 next year i hope you make adjustments to your name in this Forum!!.

See you at the next Forum Game, i may have to attend & lend my voice from the Boundryline.

Although going inside Victoria Park is not a good thought at all. B)

Guest deesforspoon

Well if you expect the Demons to make theTop 8 next year i hope you make adjustments to your name in this Forum!!.

See you at the next Forum Game, i may have to attend & lend my voice from the Boundryline.

Although going inside Victoria Park is not a good thought at all. B)

deesforpremiers does that have a better ring to it :)

Guest deesforspoon

I must have had more beers during the afternoon than I thought, 2 guys on the boundary line was all I can recall, but you know your stuff so it would seem to be easy for you to get a few of your fellow nuff nuffs involved to help your team out on the day... I find it interesting that on the day, all I heard from the Saints guys was thanks * appreciation for the guys who chipped in to help them out & yet you are the only one from that camp crapping on, disrespectful to those guys I reckon...

I'm not crapping on at all, the guys that showed on Sunday all 3 of them appreciated your help but moving forward we will launch a massive attack on our cup with a full side not relying on your duds to make up the numbers.

Edited by deesforspoon

Guest deesforspoon

Hey, whatever it was WYL said, its working!

You're growing a brain B)

I'll go back to my old habits. I hope Melbourne finish bottom for the next 25 years, and you have no game plan and a woeful coach. :wacko:

attention : everyone

saintsational forum footy organisers deny that this troll has any authority to issue challenges on behalf of their forum...

they have no idea who this poster is...

so this thread boils down to a troll on site, who the mods do not apparently want to shut down, because he/she is providing some amusement to some people on here...

more importantly, anyone found tassie dees' sun glasses ??

Guest deesforspoon

Let me get this straight

You just got beat

You can't even raise a full team

And you want a replay

Didn't you take any notice of what happens to you in replays???

Come back when you grow a brain

That game doesnt count, we werent playing for the cup. It meant nothing as you could tell from the showing of the number of players that rocked up.

Edited by deesforspoon

Guest deesforspoon

attention : everyone

saintsational forum footy organisers deny that this troll has any authority to issue challenges on behalf of their forum...

they have no idea who this poster is...

so this thread boils down to a troll on site, who the mods do not apparently want to shut down, because he/she is providing some amusement to some people on here...

more importantly, anyone found tassie dees' sun glasses ??

believe what you will rollo.

see you at the replay

All I can say to you deesforspoon is bring it on, I think you would be surprised at the strength of the demons squad with only forum regulars.

As for the incident with the shoulder... I was about 15 metres away on the flank, I think its being grossly exaggerated how late the tackle was, the ball was spilled in the tackle and the player had tackling would not have been able to see the ball spill free. While the tackle was quite hard I don't think the aim was to injure nor unreasonable in a social game of football.

Cheers,

TSF

All I can say to you deesforspoon is bring it on, I think you would be surprised at the strength of the demons squad with only forum regulars.

As for the incident with the shoulder... I was about 15 metres away on the flank, I think its being grossly exaggerated how late the tackle was, the ball was spilled in the tackle and the player had tackling would not have been able to see the ball spill free. While the tackle was quite hard I don't think the aim was to injure nor unreasonable in a social game of football.

Cheers,

TSF

hey, TSF, or anyone else...

I did not see the incident but I have read about it on the other sites...

our guy got the free kick for holding the ball??

was the free kick reversed by the umpys??

was our guy sent off by the umpys??

let me know and I will take this up with the organisers on the other sites...

Yes holding the ball, no it was not reversed, no he was not sent off. As I said I thought it was physical but fair game

edit. actually not 100% on holding the ball. it was either that or out of bounds, either way it was definitely not a free kick to saints as the ball moved away quickly

Edited by The Stynes Factor

Cheers,

TSF

Grossly exaggerated hey???

Yes definitely holding the ball. Was not that close to the boundary line which just shows that you weren't that close to the incident....... It was the same bloke that took my head off at full back in the 1st half in an over zealous tackle but he did apologise for the first stupid tackle so there was no hard feelings. I have no problem with hard tough footy but the fact of the matter is he dumped me very late after the ball had spilled free and there was no need to tackle that ferociously in a social game of footy. The fact that the umpires didn't reverse the free doesn't mean much as they are local level umpires...... How many times do umps miss frees..... Very common but I do not begrudge the umps for it as it is part of footy. What annoys me is that it was totally avoidable

I understand if you think essendon people over exaggerated the tackle due to bias but all the collingwood guys commented to me that it was a stupid tackle as did some of the police that were watching at the time. What pisses me off is people like you down playing it.

Bottom line is that after the whistle blew he continued to dump me...... Was a dog act due to the fact it was a social game of footy and that's why I'm so angry about it

Since you guys have so long to prepare each year never making finals, I am sending a challenge out for a rematch to battle for our cup!

The conditions of the game are as follows:

* All players may be posters on the forum

* No VFL listed players

* No coaching staff to enter playing arena at anytime

* No fitness staff

* 1 umpire from both teams appointed

* Game to be played at Glenferrie Oval

* Cap of number of players

I must say I do agree with the original posters comment "All players may be posters on the forum". Having mates of mates turn up and getting a run over regular posters isnt that cool in my opinion. Not that I have missed out.

I just think winning with a team of 30 posters would be a better feeling than with a team of 50 that included non-dee's supporters etc.

Edited by wonnabeeri

Grossly exaggerated hey???

Yes definitely holding the ball. Was not that close to the boundary line which just shows that you weren't that close to the incident....... It was the same bloke that took my head off at full back in the 1st half in an over zealous tackle but he did apologise for the first stupid tackle so there was no hard feelings. I have no problem with hard tough footy but the fact of the matter is he dumped me very late after the ball had spilled free and there was no need to tackle that ferociously in a social game of footy. The fact that the umpires didn't reverse the free doesn't mean much as they are local level umpires...... How many times do umps miss frees..... Very common but I do not begrudge the umps for it as it is part of footy. What annoys me is that it was totally avoidable

I understand if you think essendon people over exaggerated the tackle due to bias but all the collingwood guys commented to me that it was a stupid tackle as did some of the police that were watching at the time. What pisses me off is people like you down playing it.

Bottom line is that after the whistle blew he continued to dump me...... Was a dog act due to the fact it was a social game of footy and that's why I'm so angry about it

Mate, sucks to be in your position, no doubt.

But what do you want? No one can control every single over zealous idiot that wants to be a hero, which seems to be the case here.

That is the chance every single person takes when they play sport, especially so when playing a contact sport such as football.

I understand your angst against this individual, but to see the gripes being written up on other forums is way over the top. All that is doing is applying the same over the top attitude that your are now complaining about, except via the written word rather than physically on a footy field.

Edited by Demon Hill

Deesforspoon,

If I may

I realise you come not upon these boards spoiling for a fight. I sense you, like many of us, are very passionate about the game. Youre lucky...you can still play it. Some of us would kill for an opportunity for a "social" game. Alas, time has passed.

What you , I feel, need to understand is that amongst the posters here, indeed its owners and admin are some bloody capable folk. It is simply their nature that if asked to do something, they do it well. If going to do something they will do it properly. That is simply how they do it. Its not a matter of attempting to make it a 'professional' outing as opposed to a 'fun' one. It to all is still FUN...just well run.

Some people know how to organise things...and do. Others are happy to just participate...and do...others can but kick a footy ....and do. Lucky bastards !!!

As many have normal lives and wish to be able to front them come the following Monday Demonland often choose a ground that is accommodating to a fall..i.e..its got grass..and is playable. We like to keep things above board and beyond argument so why not use independent umpires ?

Instead of asking us to diminish our ability to do things..why not lift your game and rise to the occasion. Im sure there are those in the Saintly world whod jump at the chance to participate if only fro the sidelines holding a whiteboard etc. We arent exclusive, we're Inclusive...and its still fun.

probably more so because we win :)

"But what do you want? No one can control every single over zealous idiot that wants to be a hero, which seems to be the case here."

I agree and think that we have done everything we can. Talking up the social nature of the game before each event on this and the other forums is important. And, since one fixture a few years ago, when both sides thought the quality of the umpiring could have affected the result, we also now

secure independent umpys from the VAFA and empower them to send off players for over-aggressive tackles, dissent etc.

Mate, sucks to be in your position, no doubt.

But what do you want? No one can control every single over zealous idiot that wants to be a hero, which seems to be the case here.

That is the chance every single person takes when they play sport, especially so when playing a contact sport such as football.

I understand your angst against this individual, but to see the gripes being written up on other forums is way over the top. All that is doing is applying the same over the top attitude that your are now complaining about, except via the written word rather than physically on a footy field.

Yeah I understand you can't control every idiot but if someone is doing stupid [censored] on the field then they should be prepared to be called on it. The only reason I posted in this thread was that it annoyed me seeing other Melbourne people trying to downplay the incident...... Obviously I understand the risks associated with playing footy but we have a duty of care to each other to avoid injuring other players when possible. If my injury had happened in a fair bump or fair tackle or whatever I would not have an issue with it.........

I think comparing me typing some strong sentiment on an Internet forum to putting somebody in hospital is a bit rough........ If I am being over the top it hasnt caused anybody to go to hospital.

This is the last I will say on the matter pendin anymore posts from dees guys down playing it

Am looking forward to the next game as I thoroughly enjoy these events.

"But what do you want? No one can control every single over zealous idiot that wants to be a hero, which seems to be the case here."

I agree and think that we have done everything we can. Talking up the social nature of the game before each event on this and the other forums is important. And, since one fixture a few years ago, when both sides thought the quality of the umpiring could have affected the result, we also now

secure independent umpys from the VAFA and empower them to send off players for over-aggressive tackles, dissent etc.

Rollo I know you have done all you can it's a fantastic effort what you do for us guys and the umps do a grat job....... when I played my first game at goshs paddock I was surprised that we had proper umps. I'm not looking for anything from you or any other demons guys

Yeah I understand you can't control every idiot but if someone is doing stupid [censored] on the field then they should be prepared to be called on it. The only reason I posted in this thread was that it annoyed me seeing other Melbourne people trying to downplay the incident...... Obviously I understand the risks associated with playing footy but we have a duty of care to each other to avoid injuring other players when possible. If my injury had happened in a fair bump or fair tackle or whatever I would not have an issue with it.........

I think comparing me typing some strong sentiment on an Internet forum to putting somebody in hospital is a bit rough........ If I am being over the top it hasnt caused anybody to go to hospital.

This is the last I will say on the matter pendin anymore posts from dees guys down playing it

Am looking forward to the next game as I thoroughly enjoy these events.

Just for the record, I was comparing some of the gripes from posters amongst other forums. Not you specifically.

Looking after the Dees back yard I guess. As I said, bit harsh some of the words considering much of the hard work put in by many on the Dees side and I would hate for one individual on the field or further individuals amongst a forum to wreck these days moving forward.

Your last line sums it up well.