Forum Game Challenge

Guest deesforspoon

Guest deesforspoon

If you are talking about the Game back in 2004, yes Revolting kicked 10 goals as i recall, but we won the Match!!

Next.... :)

Riewoldt is the second best player in the comp. Which guns do you have that would make the top 50? I am happy to hear them. So you rate Goddard, Hayes etc? I bet not!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am happy for rollo to take part in arranging the day in contact with us. I'm not so happy that he will be coaching or have a white board on the side lines it taking things a litle too far.

How is having a white board with player names on it taking things too far??? It is something maybe you guys should consider doing instead of doing rock, paper, scissors as to if you are even going to turn up...

Guest deesforspoon

Football is a transient game you must keep up with the times. A coach would, particularly one with a whiteboard!!! B)

Forum footy is a different story. You should not need a coach, dress fitter or nail technician.

Guest deesforspoon

How is having a white board with player names on it taking things too far??? It is something maybe you guys should consider doing instead of doing rock, paper, scissors as to if you are even going to turn up...

A white board containing game plans, tagging notes and positional information is taking it too far. I am happy for a timekeeper but neither side should employ a coach unless they have previous AFL experience, thats the only exception.

Bit cheeky of someone to come here..and start TELLING us how things may or may not be run.. I would presume as we are currently the cup holders you might just ask nicely !! esp as your lot have a history of stuffing things up.

word of advice.. be civil....be even more humble and may I further suggest simply arrange with our people ( who can btw run things successfuly ) to sort out the details...then this can be advertised.

In other words...go do your homework

even simpler.. YOU DONT MAKE THE RULES...capisch ??

Edited by belzebub59

A white board containing game plans, tagging notes and positional information is taking it too far. I am happy for a timekeeper but neither side should employ a coach unless they have previous AFL experience, thats the only exception.

Your imagination is very good, I don't recall, Game Plans & Tagging notes, if they were supposed be on the white board I accidentally rubbed them off... I did have a Plan B for the white board though & that was in case any twerp came up and gave me crap about enjoying a day out & being involved with a game of footy in a supporting role due to being too old to play, that plan was to smash the white board over his head and smile politely back at him...

Guest deesforspoon

Bit cheeky of someone to come here..and start TELLING us how things may or may not be run.. I would presume as we are currently the cup holders you might just ask nicely !! esp as your lot have a history of stuffing things up.

word of advice.. be civil....be even more humble and may I further suggest simply arrange with our people ( who can btw run things successfuly ) to sort out the details...then this can be advertised.

In other words...go do your homework

even simpler.. YOU DONT MAKE THE RULES...capisch ??

I am happy to ask nicely, it is you guys taking things the wrong way. Please can we arrange a rematch for the cup you currently hold played on a level playing field.

Guest deesforspoon

Your imagination is very good, I don't recall, Game Plans & Tagging notes, if they were supposed be on the white board I accidentally rubbed them off... I did have a Plan B for the white board though & that was in case any twerp came up and gave me crap about enjoying a day out & being involved with a game of footy in a supporting role due to being too old to play, that plan was to smash the white board over his head and smile politely back at him...

You r never too old to play, it is forum footy and we encourage you take to field. Just we do not need nor want coaching assistants taking over the day. The game is meant to be played in a fun environment and I even remember some girls taking to the field (namely your entire side). How would they feel with all this over the top coaching and so on, they would be scared away.

Riewoldt is the second best player in the comp. Which guns do you have that would make the top 50? I am happy to hear them. So you rate Goddard, Hayes etc? I bet not!

Of course i rate Goddard, Hayes & Revolting-Great players for sure, but after that there is a rrrrrreal F@#$king big Drop off as was proven in the GF replay. St.kilda's disposal of the ball in that game was just shocking. Luke Ball would have been Handy, but we all know what happened there don't we!

Guest deesforspoon

Of course i rate Goddard, Hayes & Revolting-Great players for sure, but after that there is a rrrrrreal F@#$king big Drop off as was proven in the GF replay. St.kilda's disposal of the ball in that game was just shocking. Luke Ball would have been Handy, but we all know what happened there don't we!

Fisher, Gilbert, Montagna, Dal all can be pretty good players on there day. I am not disagreeing with you in regards to the drop off our defense is weak under pressure Blake, Zac etc and our small forwards are either on or horribly off. I respect the list you are building and I like the crop of kids you have. The Saints just don't seem to invest enough time in there youngsters. I admire your side for that.

Edited by deesforspoon

Fisher, Gilbert, Montagna, Dal all can be pretty good players on there day. I am not disagreeing with you in regards to the drop off our defense is weak under pressure Blake, Zac etc and our small forwards are either on or horribly off. I respect the list you are building and I like the cop of kids you have. The Saints just don't seem to invest enough time in there youngsters. I admire you side for that.

Aah you are starting to admire our team a little now.

Yep we hit Rock Bottom 3 years ago after years of going nowhere, But with Jimmy Stynes in charge this club is being reborn. Flags are bloody hard to win as we all know, but in 2-3 years Look out the Demons just might be playing some Home games at the MCG in september.

Guest deesforspoon

Aah you are starting to admire our team a little now.

Yep we hit Rock Bottom 3 years ago after years of going nowhere, But with Jimmy Stynes in charge this club is being reborn. Flags are bloody hard to win as we all know, but in 2-3 years Look out the Demons just might be playing some Home games at the MCG in september.

just maybe, who do you consider your 5 most important players to be at present ...

You r never too old to play, it is forum footy and we encourage you take to field. Just we do not need nor want coaching assistants taking over the day. The game is meant to be played in a fun environment and I even remember some girls taking to the field (namely your entire side). How would they feel with all this over the top coaching and so on, they would be scared away.

How is an old guy standing on the sidelines affecting the fun environment in a bad way??? If anything it was enhancing the day for the guys playing, as it assisted in making sure EVERYONE WHO TURNED UP, was ensured of getting a decent run... By the way injuries (& wife) are good reason to not play but still get involved, it will happen to you one day so don't tell me what to do Sunshine...

just maybe, who do you consider your 5 most important players to be at present ...

Frawley, Jamar, Scully, Jurrah, Grimes, (special mentions to Brad Green & Colin Sylvia & Jack Trengove)

2011 is going to tell a big story. The Melbourne Football club has been able to hide a little over the last 4 years from the wider Community-we supporters have been on to it, but most of our games have been on Foxtel and sundays give or take a few. From 2011 we won't be able to hide so the players and coaches have got to be ready.

Edited by why you little

Guest deesforspoon

How is an old guy standing on the sidelines affecting the fun environment in a bad way??? If anything it was enhancing the day for the guys playing, as it assisted in making sure EVERYONE WHO TURNED UP, was ensured of getting a decent run... By the way injuries (& wife) are good reason to not play but still get involved, it will happen to you one day so don't tell me what to do Sunshine...

I was in no way suggesting or telling you what to do. Just we want the game played fairly and we do not have the luxury of 73 assistant coaches and helpers like you guys.

Guest deesforspoon

Frawley, Jamar, Scully, Jurrah, Grimes, (special mentions to Brad Green & Colin Sylvia & Jack Trengove)

2011 is going to tell a big story. The Melbourne Football club has been able to hide a little over the last 4 years from the wider Community-we supporters have been on to it, but most of our games have been on Foxtel and sundays give or take a few. From 2011 we won't be able to hide so the players and coaches have got to be ready.

I'd kill to have frawley and grimes... where will you finish in 2011? AND Saints? and GC?

I am not spitting sour grapes at all, I just want a fair contest. We will be better organised and this will be reflected on the score board when we kick your ass. Its not junk, and no I am not going to get targeted on the field cause your not going to catch me. No coaches allowed in the rematch its taking forum footy too far.

Let me get this straight

You just got beat

You can't even raise a full team

And you want a replay

Didn't you take any notice of what happens to you in replays???

Come back when you grow a brain

Maybe you should of been there before saying the coaching was overboard, my speach before the game was to have fun and not hurt anyone and we had the whiteboard to ensure everyone got rotated and had a go... rather than some players staying out there the whole time....

Our assistant coach and runner for Sunday was going to be Tom Scully but he had to fly to China.... I assume since you have an exception you have no issue with him coaching us next time with his AFL experience, if not we are happy for him to play as he isn't on a VFL list......

Edited by Wolfmother

No I dont I just ask for a fair contest. I remember a VFL ruck man that you fielded at goschs.

You have poor memory. That fellow might have been 200cm tall but to my knowledge never played VFL - unlike Casey reserves player I. Fridman who represented Saintsational a couple of times. We had no objection to him playing.

I was in no way suggesting or telling you what to do. Just we want the game played fairly and we do not have the luxury of 73 assistant coaches and helpers like you guys.

I must have had more beers during the afternoon than I thought, 2 guys on the boundary line was all I can recall, but you know your stuff so it would seem to be easy for you to get a few of your fellow nuff nuffs involved to help your team out on the day... I find it interesting that on the day, all I heard from the Saints guys was thanks * appreciation for the guys who chipped in to help them out & yet you are the only one from that camp crapping on, disrespectful to those guys I reckon...

Keepin' it fun! Don't lose the enjoyment, by getting too serious. The opposition don't look up to it to have a coach against them as well. Keep it fun.

Guest deesforspoon

Let me get this straight

You just got beat

You can't even raise a full team

And you want a replay

Didn't you take any notice of what happens to you in replays???

Come back when you grow a brain

We will have a full team. Are you scared of the challenge I hope not .... The last game (this past weekend) was not probably arranged.

You have poor memory. That fellow might have been 200cm tall but to my knowledge never played VFL - unlike Casey reserves player I. Fridman who represented Saintsational a couple of times. We had no objection to him playing.

The problem is if you go to all the other sites WJ they are having a bit of a whinge about not inviting us anymore because we take it seriously etc etc hopefully it is only a couple of the blokes posting because most of them were good blokes but it looks like sore losers to me.

We had a 200cm ruckman on saturday and the rumour mill is amazing because I believe they think he is on Port Melbournes List and played WAFL.... Can't be 100% sure but he had been in WA for a few years not to play WAFL but for something else can't remember where he played. He is a guy from the country who plays in the league which Moama(???) won the flag. His parents are from there but after speaking to Scotty I think he lives down here so wanted to do pre season with Port Melbourne because he can't return home but has no intention of playing for them or being on there list but hey....

Guest deesforspoon

Maybe you should of been there before saying the coaching was overboard, my speach before the game was to have fun and not hurt anyone and we had the whiteboard to ensure everyone got rotated and had a go... rather than some players staying out there the whole time....

Our assistant coach and runner for Sunday was going to be Tom Scully but he had to fly to China.... I assume since you have an exception you have no issue with him coaching us next time with his AFL experience, if not we are happy for him to play as he isn't on a VFL list......

I did not realize your message was to have fun. In the case I commend you on that but from it distance it seems more intimidating to the other sides that want to enjoy the day.

I'd kill to have frawley and grimes... where will you finish in 2011? AND Saints? and GC?

I expect to make the 8 next year-the excuses are over. With good luck on our side (injuries or lack of) the Talent is there. It's also up to the coaching Staff to Teach the Players how to win away from home. But i do think the MFC is ready to stand up tall again. That Demon from 50 years ago is waking up, be warned!

The Saints will be shell shocked after this year, and i will be suprised if they can make Top 4 again-But with Goddard in the side they are still a chance. 5-8 next year as i wonder what else Ross Lyon can do. 3 GF's in 2 years for nothing is hard to turn around.

GC17 Good God who knows-The AFL want them to win Premierships, i am hoping the Melbourne Football Club represents Victoria over the next decade to deny them at each attempt! B)