Josh Hill Latest Chat

Guest hangon007

Haha me too. Love all the rumours and mind games, even though it usually ends up being a massive anti climax

laughs aside it is a very good tactical move by Melbourne.

1) They pressure Hawthorn to secure him up if they want him which means they won't have currency for Hale. Naturally our position becomes stronger.

2) It may also show Hawthorn's hand how much they actually want Hill in the first place. Hawks are definitely playing games so let's flush the bastards out. We can sit on Hale all week if we have to.

We can sit on Hale all week if we have to.

Why are so many people so keen on Hale! He is a below average ruckmen and a poor forward.

Plus we look like giving away our first two picks for him as well as pick 17 (NM first pick).

This to me is an awful trade considering the fact he would not do the forward/Ruck role any better than Newton.

Yes Newton is no good, but Hale is as bad. And those saying Hale is a great mark, well Newton is an amzing mark and if he could kick straight would actually be half decent. Plus Fitzpatrick will be the perfect player to play the Forward/Ruck role so lets give him 5-8 games next year and then in a years time he will have already gone past Hale.

I say don't give anything away for someone who would not add to our list now and specially someone who will not be in best 22 in premiership window.

1) They pressure Hawthorn to secure him up if they want him which means they won't have currency for Hale. Naturally our position becomes stronger.

2) It may also show Hawthorn's hand how much they actually want Hill in the first place. Hawks are definitely playing games so let's flush the bastards out. We can sit on Hale all week if we have to.

Wise summary- I feel accurate-stick it up the Hawks pick up Hill and let them have Hale.

Why are so many people so keen on Hale! He is a below average ruckmen and a poor forward.

I'm not (unless it is for a 3rd and a fringe). I've stated my case in the 'Hale' thread but there is no point reiterating that.

My point was more to do with the trade tactics irrespective of the player. It's great to see us throwing it back at another team in trade week.

Plus we look like giving away our first two picks for him as well as pick 17 (NM first pick).

This to me is an awful trade considering the fact he would not do the forward/Ruck role any better than Newton.

Yes Newton is no good, but Hale is as bad. And those saying Hale is a great mark, well Newton is an amzing mark and if he could kick straight would actually be half decent. Plus Fitzpatrick will be the perfect player to play the Forward/Ruck role so lets give him 5-8 games next year and then in a years time he will have already gone past Hale.

I say don't give anything away for someone who would not add to our list now and specially someone who will not be in best 22 in premiership window.

He's, what, 19?

And who will play the other 17-14 games? No-one?

Great structure we are going to forge.

Jamar needs help and we need a big lump to kick it to in the square.

I would love to get Jesse White but we can't.

And I can't tell you why we are interested, but I can tell you the FD has been chatting to Hale's management since June/July of this year.

So they want him pretty badly.

Now it's getting fun.

ROFL! Love this. Maybe we should through our hats into the ring for Chris Tarrant just to keep Collingwood honest...

Hawks will not be happy with the demons "poking" about.

He's, what, 19?

And I can't tell you why we are interested, but I can tell you the FD has been chatting to Hale's management since June/July of this year.

I think I get the drift.

lol.... ahhh gotta love trade week.... Me thinks the sqawkers have met their match...if not their betters !! :)

go you good club ( MFC ) :)

Yeah! 2 play...

Maybe a Maric deal could be struck in some fashion.

On Twitter as per "SpyandSource":

"Melbourne has baulked at several offers from Vic clubs for Adam Maric .Could be part of Hale trade."

Wise summary- I feel accurate-stick it up the Hawks pick up Hill and let them have Hale.

I don't think that's what he's saying at all.

We don't want Hill. But we can push his price up and make things difficult for the Hawks just like I suspect they are trying to do with us and Hale.

Hale will be ours

(*cue evil laugh)

On Twitter as per "SpyandSource":

"Melbourne has baulked at several offers from Vic clubs for Adam Maric .Could be part of Hale trade."

2nd round pick + Maric?

Is that too much? or not enough?

Maric's worth is so hard to gauge, I don't even know.

He could easily be very good. He could even more easily fade into obscurity.

He's, what, 19?

I think most people agree that we would could use him, but to lose pick #12 for him..........

Collingwood gave up #17 for Jolly and he is a proven ruckmen

I don't think that's what he's saying at all.

We don't want Hill. But we can push his price up and make things difficult for the Hawks just like I suspect they are trying to do with us and Hale.

Hale will be ours

(*cue evil laugh)

this is how I read it as well...its a game of shadows... we want Hale.. they really ( probably..or might ) want Hill.. or just tyre kicking. Any which way..they dont have enough lollies to get all they want. So we can force their hand possibly..which as others assert will give us the breathing space to pursue Hale alone...or near to.

I haven't been this concerned since we drafted Ben Holland for draft pick 20. I hope it falls through andwe use our picks to draft young talent.

2nd round pick + Maric?

Is that too much? or not enough?

Maric's worth is so hard to gauge, I don't even know.

He could easily be very good. He could even more easily fade into obscurity.

This has slightly strayed away from topic...

But this could be one of those risks a club may wish to take. Maric is young and a Top 25 draft pick. The Roos would have to weigh up what they want to do.

Maric plus pick, say, 35 is a decent trade for the 26 year-old Hale who hasn't set the world on fire.

This has slightly strayed away from topic...

But this could be one of those risks a club may wish to take. Maric is young and a Top 25 draft pick. The Roos would have to weigh up what they want to do.

Maric plus pick, say, 35 is a decent trade for the 26 year-old Hale who hasn't set the world on fire.

I agree & both are players that seem to think they have been stifled by their respective clubs. One is about 21 Yrs old & the other about going 27 Yrs old.

One with still plenty of time to show something and make a name, the other is tall & may be serviceable. I very much doubt that he'll star.

So, I would try to offer Adam, If he wants out + our 3Rd Rnd Pick. A 21Yr Old who was Pick 21,, I think, & largely untested + a 3rd Rnd Pick isn't too shabby.

They would get 2 go's @ finding a player.