Clayton Hinkley

Dannyz

well this will be interesting, coz if we take hale aswell which has been rumored we are chasing hard, how many spots will we have on our list? especially with the elevation of jordie

indeed. It's going to be interesting to see who stays on the list now.

Maybe the club is expecting some of our players to be traded out.

Player X, and 3rd pick for Player Y. This would free up an extra spot.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting to know why the FD might see Hinkley as a better prospect than Simon Buckley.

Buckley reminded me a bit of Wojcinzki at Geelong - unbelievably quick but rarely incisive with his disposal. I'm not sure I would have got rid of him, though, and I'm not sure the FD considered him a lost cause (just an unfortunate casualty of a tight list).

Hinkley is obviously younger, but are there other elements where he clearly shades Buckley? Or is the comparison just silly?

If we get Hale, PJ will be delisted, so it won't change the number of spots available.

Hinkley I wouldve thought more likely to get a rookie spot, as we'll have a fewof those to fill.

I'm not sure about bringing in a player you are do confident about that you give him

a 1 year contract. If he's that speculative, he can sit on the rookie list.

I get the feeling footy dept is quite confident we'll lose a few more through trade (Warnock, Maric...)

You guys don't know anything. Have faith in Dean Bailey and the FD...they wouldn't offer him a one year contract if they didn't thin he could play. Can we please not judge before we've seen.

That's just it - why bring in a player then only give him a 1 year contract?

Either they can't be that sold on him, or someone has their details wrong.

No...it's because they don't have the money/time to give to him that they would to a jordie mckenzie who is a tried youngster.

Can't believe the garbage that gets posted here

Hahaha you are joke.

Do you not understand how these things work?

If they were at all confident in his ability he'd be signed up for longer than a year.

Keep taking things said on forums as gospel instead of using logic, you'll go far kid.

Edited by E25

Don't get this at all. Would have thought a midfielder with average disposal who can't get a game at his club isn't exactly the type of player we need.

I think TU,,, that his disposal is erratic, maybe not crap. So, with what I know about sports skills, it can be a mental thing of discipline & focus.. Just to learn to really & calmly concentrate without forcing it, can deliver exceptional results. but, If you don't have natural speed or good balance, then your up against it.

That's just it - why bring in a player then only give him a 1 year contract?

Either they can't be that sold on him, or someone has their details wrong.

I think we could tell within a year if we could develop this kid successfully. He'll be coachable & will learn or not, & it puts the frighteners in him that he's got to 'apply'.

Edited by dee-luded

i seriously like the idea that he breaks the lines and breaks tackles, but it has been dodged he cannot kick, bartram has a better disposal than him and everyone hates bartrams disposal

Interesting to know why the FD might see Hinkley as a better prospect than Simon Buckley.

Buckley reminded me a bit of Wojcinzki at Geelong - unbelievably quick but rarely incisive with his disposal. I'm not sure I would have got rid of him, though, and I'm not sure the FD considered him a lost cause (just an unfortunate casualty of a tight list).

Hinkley is obviously younger, but are there other elements where he clearly shades Buckley? Or is the comparison just silly?

Thank god you're not running our FD. How has Bucks gone since leaving the MFC? And you'd prefer him to have stayed on OUR list taking up a spot?

Who knows, this Hinkley bloke might play bugger all for us, no greater gamble than keeping Buckley on our list.

In our FD, I have great faith. If they see enough, I believe them. In terms of players released (through delistings, trades or retirements), I think they have done a great job. Our main acquisitions of recent times have been draft picks, with Meesen being the only player we traded for in the past 4 years. We got Joel Mac for "free" via the PSD.

Thank god you're not running our FD. How has Bucks gone since leaving the MFC? And you'd prefer him to have stayed on OUR list taking up a spot?

Who knows, this Hinkley bloke might play bugger all for us, no greater gamble than keeping Buckley on our list.

In our FD, I have great faith. If they see enough, I believe them. In terms of players released (through delistings, trades or retirements), I think they have done a great job. Our main acquisitions of recent times have been draft picks, with Meesen being the only player we traded for in the past 4 years. We got Joel Mac for "free" via the PSD.

Agree with you billy I cannot think of one blunder in the last few years.

Even Meesen I believe was a reasonable idea.

It does not look flash now but just when he started to show some promise an injury has end his career.

2011 will tell with 3-4 players that were drafted at reasonable high level over the 2007/8 period.

There are no guarantees with young players!

There are plenty of players who are drafted 1-30 that do not make it.

The skill is picking the right ones, so far our FD has a great success rate.

Buckley returned from major hip surgery and played some pretty good footy in the VFL, I believe. Ultimately he couldn't break into the senior side of the AFL Grand Finalists. Not an indictment on a young bloke's ability, in my opinion.

And that's all it was: an opinion. I don't know why it warranted your snakey response.

I have great faith in the FD, as well. If they see something in Hinkley, I'll be excited to have him at the club.

My question was how Buckley and Hinkley compared. You failed to answer it and if your best was "...this Hinkley bloke...", I don't really know why you responded at all, let alone provided a history lesson for my edification.

guys one of my friends who is actually facebook friends with clayton asked him and this was his response..

Clayton Hinkley September 29 at 12:56pm Report

haha i signed here with fremantle again sorry! hope my cousin dan bell served you guys well though!