David Hale

Demon Tragic

The whole can be greater than the sum of the parts. With Hale it's not just his raw football output - it's what he offers to the team - Jamar in the ruck and going forward, less defensive pressure on Watts and Jurrah, creation of crumbing goals, a target for midfielders under pressure. Kosi cops a lot of flak but clearly the Saints FD rate him - they just offered him a new 2 yaer deal - they kick a lot of crumbing goals and Riewoldt spends a lot of time in and out of the forward 50 - Kosi adds a lot of structural intangibles to their set-up.

Great post. I would also add to that the expectation of Hale would be to kick around 35 goals for the year. Something that is highly possible, and I think would be a par score based on his abilities, and what the Club would get from those other points you mentioned.

While it's a fair arguement to say that the Roo's should do a deal with us because he is a reserves player on $400k+ for the next 2 years, we in turn will have to do a deal with them as his type is a required player at Melbourne. Sadly or gladly, Hale is the only player of that type that we have a realistic chance of getting, so we will have to pay what is required, within reason.

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you get it.

We do trust the FD. But I'd say, that many of the membership have sent a loud message to the FD, that we do not want to overspend on this 'player'.

I think the club has heard that message, & I'm sure they are just a tiny bit more cautious now.

Lets hope we can do it our way.

Quite the opposite. I hope the FD ignores all the crap that we're all talking and get on with the job they're paid to do. I'd be far more concerned if the FD do listen to the opinions on this forum in relation to drafting and trading as that would indicate to me they don't really have confidence in the decisions they're making.

Btw I would guess that nobody, including the FD, ever want to overspend on any player. Different people just have different perceptions around what overspend means in relation to different players.

As i dont have time to read this whole topic, for obvious reasons. All i really want to know is that the Dees are not going to give up there first round pick for Hale. I just dont think hes worth that. Second round pick, no drama's. I did read somewhere that there was talk of swapping our first round pick with NM's, which is? Can someone please clarify for me what is most likely to happen? Will we officially find out today? Cheers :huh:

As i dont have time to read this whole topic, for obvious reasons. All i really want to know is that the Dees are not going to give up there first round pick for Hale. I just dont think hes worth that. Second round pick, no drama's. I did read somewhere that there was talk of swapping our first round pick with NM's, which is? Can someone please clarify for me what is most likely to happen? Will we officially find out today? Cheers :huh:

NM 1st round pick is 17, ours is 12

Monday is cutoff date

Yeah, sure, let me grab my crystal ball.

Would you like to know who'll win next year's premiership while I'm at it?

No one knows. It's all rumours.

I don't think you get it.

We do trust the FD. But I'd say, that many of the membership have sent a loud message to the FD, that we do not want to overspend on this 'player'.

I think the club has heard that message, & I'm sure they are just a tiny bit more cautious now.

Lets hope we can do it our way.

I actually cannot believe my eyes. You are surely joking?

Let's hope we can do it our way? As in, let's hope the FD do what forum posters want? Surely not?

I would much prefer the FD to do it their way, considering that's what they are paid to do. Im make a left field assumption that they have far better knowledge of all players in the league and their worth to our team than you do.

Crikey...what a tool.

You must be joking ... surely.

No, not at all, I know them in there & I know they care very much what the members & all supporters think is the right thing. I'm sure that these so many pages have impressed upon them to Not, cough up too much, or there will be much angst.

Then you know, that would translate into pressure on both the footy dept & the player in Question once on the field.

We didnt give Jolly away he went becuse he wasnt played even though he knew he was better that White and all he wanted was a fare share of the exorbidant pay that the favourite son was being paid> White 'stole' a lot of money from the MFC and returned many ordinary performances - almost killed us finanacially. Just like another well known favoured son. Blind Freddy could se that Jolly was the better ru8ckman in the year before he left. I can never forgive Daniher for that

You're not Blind Freddy are you?

In the year Jolly was traded, White was AA ruckman. Jolly could not crack a game at MFC as a young raw ruckman. When he went to the Swans in 2005 he spent his first year there playing 2nd fiddle on the pine to a 34 yo Jason Ball. He has matured well in the past five years to be a very capable ruckman.

But your spiel has to be some of the worst revisionist history I have read on D'land

I actually cannot believe my eyes. You are surely joking?

Let's hope we can do it our way? As in, let's hope the FD do what forum posters want? Surely not?

I would much prefer the FD to do it their way, considering that's what they are paid to do. Im make a left field assumption that they have far better knowledge of all players in the league and their worth to our team than you do.

Crikey...what a tool.

NoNoNo! We are all on the same page, trying to get personnel that we need to the club. The FD doesn't want to spend too much either. But when in an auction one can go too far paying too much.

I think this will help with a bit of balance to their competitive nature of getting what they want.

Do you take a cautious approach when your boss says keep the costs down?

No, not at all, I know them in there & I know they care very much what the members & all supporters think is the right thing. I'm sure that these so many pages have impressed upon them to Not, cough up too much, or there will be much angst.

If they are being influenced by what is posted on places like Demonland then the FD should be sacked and competent professionals brought in to replace them who can make sensible judgements without the naive misconception that the members and all supporters think or know is the right thing.

Then you know, that would translate into pressure on both the footy dept & the player in Question once on the field.

So, am I getting this right...our FD think to themselves "let's pay well over the odds for player X", but then think "hang on, we better check on the forums to see what our supporters think". Is that what you are implying?

Smell the roses dee-luded, our opinion means jack shite when it comes to the FD targeting a player. Unless I missed out on getting that phone call that you obviously received from the Club asking who we should trade/draft.

According to Twitter, "NM holding out for second round pick for Hale. Demons more likely to provide it, Hawthorn with priorities elsewhere."

That is much closer to his trade value.

Give them a second round pick and swap our third round picks if need be...

So, am I getting this right...our FD think to themselves "let's pay well over the odds for player X", but then think "hang on, we better check on the forums to see what our supporters think". Is that what you are implying?

Smell the roses dee-luded, our opinion means jack shite when it comes to the FD targeting a player. Unless I missed out on getting that phone call that you obviously received from the Club asking who we should trade/draft.

What do you think people do at a house auction. To me they can often pay more than what the real value is because their competing with others for the some item. Most often paying more than they wanted to.

The bank manager, once had a big say in stopping this inflationary spiral from occurring.

Does anyone of any influence at MFC seriously read this forum and make decisions based upon it? I would hope not.

edit- didn't see RR's post- sorry for the duplication of thoughts

Edited by nostradeemus

Do you take a cautious approach when your boss says keep the costs down?

Okay...if I am reading what you are saying correctly...and using this example...

The forum poster (who is the one saying they want to keep the costs down for Player X) is the boss of the football department? HA!

What do you think people do at a house auction. To me they can often pay more than what the real value is because their competing with others for the some item. Most often paying more than they wanted to.

The bank manager, once had a big say in stopping this inflationary spiral from occurring.

Totally agree, but if a person really wants that house, they sometimes have to pay that bit extra. Providing all the building and pest reports check out ok, it's not all that bad to pay higher than hoped.

Smart buyers will understand this, but they will also know when there are dummy bids or someone else just ramping up the price. That's when the alarm bells start ringing and they pull out.

I'm pretty sure our FD are astute investors, and not just weekend warriors that have fallen in love with a dump that they are happy to pay too much for.

Regardless of what little fairytale you have in your head, the FD WILL NOT read these posts and question themselves based on supporters opinions.

23 if we don't get him, all based on people saying "I nver wanted him anyway".

27 if we do get him, with the knockers saying "I always wanted him".

Based on this being the 3rd day of trade and 4.5 days left of trade period...I'll say 35 pages.

I blame myself for getting involved in this.

Hale will talk with Hawthorn later today. No one over the line yet

fox sports trade talk on warnock ended Trade murmur: ..... just sorting out a shuffle of draft picks. Is this needed for the hale deal?

Edited by Robbie57