Pick Upgrade

Guest hangon007

Not the poster- just the statement-some dummies would not realise that. I attacked the statement,made comment on it - not the posterer unlike many have done to me.If hangon 007 thought I was attacking him personally-I am sorry -we all have an opinion-that was mine.

Thankyou for that clarification.

Basically, if you stick to adverbs - you can say whatever the hell you want.

Oh, forums...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see, let the perpetrators go free, 'the controlling Clique', & pull down those who retaliate in frustration after years of infantile leadership. The kettle & the pot together calling the Ash dirty.

Channeling WYL with your conspiratorial tone?

And you're likening JCB to some sort of forum martyr. You have got to be kidding me.

Actually, I don't mind the reference to someone's views with an adverb but what I don't like are those people who criticise posters for using a describing adverb suddenly turning around and doing what they criticise.

You can't play the victim and then commit the same crime and then claim to be the victim again.

Yes, RR can be caustic, and HT and Jaded dismissive, but I'm not their bloody forum mother.

That's Nasher...

Channeling WYL with your conspiratorial tone?

And you're likening JCB to some sort of forum martyr. You have got to be kidding me.

Actually, I don't mind the reference to someone's views with an adverb but what I don't like are those people who criticise posters for using a describing adverb suddenly turning around and doing what they criticise.

You can't play the victim and then commit the same crime and then claim to be the victim again.

Yes, RR can be caustic, and HT and Jaded dismissive, but I'm not their bloody forum mother.

That's Nasher...

I now JCB, he's a fine fella.

I don't know what that other stuff is you posted.

HT & Jaded to me are fine, no problem. They'd be safe down a dark alley with me.

Victim stuff. Hmmn, don't know where you get that from.

Me, I'd rather put some gloves on & get it on in the ring.

I now JCB, he's a fine fella.

I don't know what that other stuff is you posted.

HT & Jaded to me are fine, no problem. They'd be safe down a dark alley with me.

Victim stuff. Hmmn, don't know where you get that from.

Me, I'd rather put some gloves on & get it on in the ring.

What the hell are you talking about?

No offence, H007. But this thread is one of reasons why the human race is going to be here a fraction of the time that dinosaurs were here.

And yes I am including my own rambling thoughts.

Someone expunge it.

Guest hangon007

Wow ... Ladies & Gentlemen

Nothing wrong with a bit of passion. However, lets not forget we are all on the same side here.

My views are merely an alternative debate, draft pick upgrades is a complicated "mathematical based" formula, but never the less an option you must consider. Possible might be even "new age" and little understood in the relatively virgin territory of the AFL drafting process, especially with little to no precedents(or insufficient data) to base your decisions on.

Anyway, lets keep that passion for game day & stick it up those opposition supporters. I have faith in my football club has come a long way in a short period of time.

Lets stick together and all enjoy the years in the sun together.

Edited by hangon007

Wow ... Ladies & Gentlemen

Nothing wrong with a bit of passion. However, lets not forget we are all on the same side here.

My views are merely an alternative debate, draft pick upgrades is a complicated "mathematical based" formula, but never the less an option you must consider. Possible might be even "new age" and little understood in the relatively virgin territory of the AFL drafting process, especially with little to no precedents(or insufficient data) to base your decisions on.

Anyway, lets keep that passion for game day & stick it up those opposition supporters. I have faith in my football club has come a long way in a short period of time.

Lets stick together and all enjoy the years in the sun together.

You know what's funny?

This post irritates me more than anything in this thread...

What the hell are you talking about?

No offence, H007. But this thread is one of reasons why the human race is going to be here a fraction of the time that dinosaurs were here.

And yes I am including my own rambling thoughts.

Someone expunge it.

These types of posts are conceived following mean spirited comments by other posters that end up being commented on in this way.

when people keep to the respectful ways of converstion without the little barbs & putdowns, then the conversations don't deteriorate to levels of condemning & ridicule.

The running of forums can be as disfunctional as the violence in the city streets. Negatives begat negatives. Karma.

Keep to polite but expressive comment, we'll all be better for it.

These types of posts are conceived following mean spirited comments by other posters that end up being commented on in this way.

when people keep to the respectful ways of converstion without the little barbs & putdowns, then the conversations don't deteriorate to levels of condemning & ridicule.

The running of forums can be as disfunctional as the violence in the city streets. Negatives begat negatives. Karma.

Keep to polite but expressive comment, we'll all be better for it.

You have got to be kidding me...

Yeah, deeluded.

You're the zen master.

And posters accuse me of being arrogant and condescending...

Which I am. But I'm sharing the love here.

You have got to be kidding me...

Yeah, deeluded.

You're the zen master.

And posters accuse me of being arrogant and condescending...

Which I am. But I'm sharing the love here.

what is this crap, thats why you end up with posts like your speaking of.

I'm no Zen master, but maybe a fairly passive soul who has been bullied from pillar to post and said No More a long time ago.

Search "Billy Jack".

Again, I'm a loving constructive person who would rather talk without the attitude, that some pretend to use as a strong 'Id'.

I'd just rather the old fashioned way, a good punch on the nose soon sorts those keyboard hero's.

In regards to the actual thread, I personally think the GC would be mad to trade ANY of their draft picks. There is enough talent in this draft to cover all their bases, especially with the introduction of the uncontracted players that they are signing, and still have some good kids for depth. Their intention will be similar to ours, hope to make finals next year, but it will be possibly 2012+ where we are starting to make serious inroads on that top 4 spot, then on to a premiership.

The other thing that people are forgetting is that while it's a compromised draft in the terms of where a team finishes compared to the pick recieved, the talent isn't being compromised. Pick 12 is pick 12, regardless of how many picks a side has before out first one. Some teams could say that the 2009 draft was compromised twice - firstly because of the 17 year old stocks being slightly reduced, and secondly, because we had 3 picks inside the top 11. Not sure if I'm understanding the full opinions of this being a compromised raft which will lead to us not getting a "true" pick 12.

As for all the other ramblings that has gone on in this thread, surely the Mods would step in and close this thread?

A few months ago I was accused of being a racist because I said that some of the indigenous players haven't lived up to the hype that was placed on them early in their career. How this can been seen as a racial attack is beyond me, but some posters (I know the main one that started it, hence my lack of respect for his frequent shallow and irrelevant posts), for whatever reason, turned my comments around, which in turn had a warning thrown my way. Yet in this current thread, there have been posts made about punching people in the nose, yet it remains open???

Dee-luded - not having a go at you, just making a point on an issue that has bugged me for a while now. PM me if you need clarification!

I'm sorry, I can't sit by and read this tripe without getting myself involved in the antics.

What the hell are you people talking about??!

Deeluded is such an apt name.

I think some deep-seated issues are coming to the surface here...

Can we please get back to the topic at hand, which is - how incredibly misguided it is to think GC would want to upgrade our high picks for us in return for a box of cheezels, some pocket fluff and a copy of "The Feebles" on VHS? (the ads have been taken out, but there's about 2 mins in the middle where I forgot to press record again)

I've gotta say, RACISM is clearly less acceptable than someone saying "I'd rather sort forum arguments out with my fists than with reasonable discussion".

However, both take about the same level of intelligence.

This is my point E25, my comments were in no manner of a racist view.

I don't recall seeing them, but obviously somebody thought they could be construed as racism.

Touchy subject that one.

Best to err on the side of caution.

I don't recall seeing them, but obviously somebody thought they could be construed as racism.

Touchy subject that one.

Best to err on the side of caution.

My comment was exactly how it was written in my earlier post today. If you can find any hint of racism in that, you are a disgrace, as there is not a racist bone in my body. And I totally agree, it is a touchy subject, hence why I was happy with what I wrote, knowing that it SHOULD have been a comment made without the snot that followed.

Guest hangon007

how incredibly misguided it is to think GC would want to upgrade our high picks for us in return for a box of cheezels, some pocket fluff and a copy of "The Feebles" on VHS? (the ads have been taken out, but there's about 2 mins in the middle where I forgot to press record again)

You obviously didn't read the first idea ... no box of "cheezels" there

Melbourne get Picks 7 & 26 yet we give up to GC Picks 12,32,66,83,100

or I could have said

Melbourne gets pick 7 --- GC get picks 12 & 32

Melbourne gets pick 26 --- GC get picks 66,83,100

Its a straight draft pick exchange, no players. Plus you cant quote me on the exact draft pick numbers because at this stage their not fixed yet due to the possibility of club using compensation picks in this draft.

Edited by hangon007

You obviously didn't read the first idea ... no box of "cheezels" there

Melbourne get Picks 7 & 26 yet we give up to GC Picks 12,32,66,83,100

or I could have said

Melbourne gets pick 7 --- GC get picks 12 & 32

Melbourne gets pick 26 --- GC get picks 66,83,100

Its a straight draft pick exchange, no players. Plus you cant quote me on the exact draft pick numbers because at this stage their not fixed yet due to the possibility of club using compensation picks in this draft.

Do we still get these later picks if we don't delist players before hand?

Could be a silly question! Just not sure if we are able to trade picks that we haven't made room for.

Edited by billy2803

My comment was exactly how it was written in my earlier post today. If you can find any hint of racism in that, you are a disgrace, as there is not a racist bone in my body. And I totally agree, it is a touchy subject, hence why I was happy with what I wrote, knowing that it SHOULD have been a comment made without the snot that followed.

Maybe it was the fact you singled out ONLY the indigenous boys for criticism..?

Look, I don't know. I don't remember it.

Just be careful in matters of race, because just as this world is full of racist pigs, it is also full of bleeding hearts that want to find racism in the most harmless of comments, because they need somebody to crucify, but want to feel like they are justified in doing so.

Maybe it was the fact you singled out ONLY the indigenous boys for criticism..?

Look, I don't know. I don't remember it.

Just be careful in matters of race, because just as this world is full of racist pigs, it is also full of bleeding hearts that want to find racism in the most harmless of comments, because they need somebody to crucify, but want to feel like they are justified in doing so.

Here here.

Guest hangon007

Do we still get these later picks if we don't delist players before hand?

Could be a silly question! Just not sure if we are able to trade picks that we haven't made room for.

My understanding is. You first go into the exchange period (Monday October 4 - Monday October 11), then you have list Lodgement 1 (Friday October 29, 2pm) & 2 (Wednesday November 10, 2pm).

So its the other way around.

First you get your draft picks, do what you want with them, then you decide which ones you use and where you nominate your rookies. ie List Lodgements 1

Complete your list in List Lodgement 2

Then comes the national draft ... Thursday November 18 - NAB AFL Draft Selection meeting, Gold Coast Convention Centre.

Where you would use your draft picks ... or pass to make provisions for PSD (However, unlikely for us this year)

Edited by hangon007

I've gotta say, RACISM is clearly less acceptable than someone saying "I'd rather sort forum arguments out with my fists than with reasonable discussion".

However, both take about the same level of intelligence.

I agree, a reasonable discussion, that suggests without provocation or insults, putdowns nor innuendo.

And I did not say I'd sort a forum argument with fists. But that if an argument started in person @ the footy it could be most likely kept respectful by the fact that consequences can occur. That's what usually keeps the talk within the bounds of respect. And reason.. Thats what I'm saying is missing through forums. No accountability between the communicating parties.

Oh, & by the way, I hate punchups, aren't anything special at them, but am strong & strong willed with a fierce anger when pushed in person & have defended myself against 2 or more thugs at once, before, & survived well.

Most people I meet are a pleasure to be around, but these forums can be petty & spiteful, & certainly disrespectful.

A real lack of caring & courtesy.

In regards to the actual thread, I personally think the GC would be mad to trade ANY of their draft picks. There is enough talent in this draft to cover all their bases, especially with the introduction of the uncontracted players that they are signing, and still have some good kids for depth. Their intention will be similar to ours, hope to make finals next year, but it will be possibly 2012+ where we are starting to make serious inroads on that top 4 spot, then on to a premiership.

The other thing that people are forgetting is that while it's a compromised draft in the terms of where a team finishes compared to the pick recieved, the talent isn't being compromised. Pick 12 is pick 12, regardless of how many picks a side has before out first one. Some teams could say that the 2009 draft was compromised twice - firstly because of the 17 year old stocks being slightly reduced, and secondly, because we had 3 picks inside the top 11. Not sure if I'm understanding the full opinions of this being a compromised raft which will lead to us not getting a "true" pick 12.

As for all the other ramblings that has gone on in this thread, surely the Mods would step in and close this thread?

A few months ago I was accused of being a racist because I said that some of the indigenous players haven't lived up to the hype that was placed on them early in their career. How this can been seen as a racial attack is beyond me, but some posters (I know the main one that started it, hence my lack of respect for his frequent shallow and irrelevant posts), for whatever reason, turned my comments around, which in turn had a warning thrown my way. Yet in this current thread, there have been posts made about punching people in the nose, yet it remains open???

Dee-luded - not having a go at you, just making a point on an issue that has bugged me for a while now. PM me if you need clarification!

* No, I understand, & agree with you, but I'm [censored] off with the lack of moderation towards the barbs sent at people for expressing a view, whether its right or wrong or even misguided is no reason to Try to be insulting. It's not the insult thats offensive, but rather the intent, from supposed comrades.

Anyway, the draft, I totally agree with you about the depth.. I've heard from a few people now saying this draft is high quality & runs deep.. to me this is a draft to trade some out for picks, at least up to the end of the 4th round.

I'd certainly be looking @ Jones & Warnock, & as I'm on record as saying previous, Bruce. I'd even consider Maric who is at the cross roads & I've chopped & changed my mind on him this year, but gut feel. I think he is too distracted to focus & perform. I feel we'll be back talking about him next year, again.

IMO we'll be higher up the ladder next year with later picks & maybe young Viney, if he's avail' next year, so maybe we would have less changes next year's draft. But I can't help but feel this year is a must draft for us to be busy, maybe for the last time for a while.