Chris Knights

e25

The Crows have announced their intention to be a big player in trade week.

Knights is said to be on offer, along with Griffen (although he's said to be keen on a return to WA).

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/the-adelaide-crows-have-stepped-up-the-chase-for-stars-in-a-recruiting-mission/story-e6frf9jf-1225913209334

Any thoughts on Knights?

Personally, I don't think I've seen enough of him.

The Crows have announced their intention to be a big player in trade week.

Knights is said to be on offer, along with Griffen (although he's said to be keen on a return to WA).

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/the-adelaide-crows-have-stepped-up-the-chase-for-stars-in-a-recruiting-mission/story-e6frf9jf-1225913209334

Any thoughts on Knights?

Personally, I don't think I've seen enough of him.

He's good.

I would take him in a heart beat. Very damaging forward of the centre, with a penetrating left foot. might be a bit high on the side of what we would have to give up for him though

Edited by deeflog

Good player. IMO Bail has the potential to be everything Knights is.

Do we continue with Bail or start going for a Knights? I would stick with Bail right now considering many of the other midfield, half forward potential gems we have.

Do we continue with Bail or start going for a Knights? I would stick with Bail right now considering many of the other midfield, half forward potential gems we have.

if Bail turns out to be half the player Knights is i will be amazed!!

if Bail turns out to be half the player Knights is i will be amazed!!

Tend to agree with that, but considering the other gems (or potential gems) we have do we need to add a Knights into that mix?

Yep i tend too agree i rate Bail and if he hadn't injured himself may have played all year! Even though he still forced his way back into the side and i have liked what i have seen so far.

On the other hand knights would be an excellent addition but at what cost? I suspect too much IMO

Adelaide have traditionally been very quiet during trade week.

I guess now that Bock has defected to GC, they would be looking for a replacement down back. They are happy with Phil Davis, but do they need another ?

Are you thinking Warnock..?

In no way are they similar.

Bail is a hard running, hard at it type player much more similar to Bartram and it seems he is being moulded into a small back flanker/back pocket.

Chris knights is a silky smooth player and someone we could definitely use with on our list. He has an elite left foot, can play forward and midfield and is a mature body.

We don't have many elite kicks in our team remember and Knights although injury prone it seems, could play a valuable role in our side.

I would love to have him.

Edited by stevethemanjordan

In no way are they similar.

Bail is a hard running, hard at it type player much more similar to Bartram and it seems he is being moulded into a small back flanker/back pocket.

Chris knights is a silky smooth player and someone we could definitely use with on our list. He has an elite left foot, can play forward and midfield and is a mature body.

We don't have many elite kicks in our team remember and Knights although injury prone it seems, could play a valuable role in our side.

I would love to have him.

Kinight is a lot more of a half forward flanker than a midfielder. I wouldn't have though Bail was being 'moulded' into Bartram's role at all. Just was given this role at times in Grimes absence. Bail is a flanker/winger like Knights.

Big difference is Knights kicked 43 goals in 2009 as a half forward flanker. Bail will never get to that mark and I would not compare Knights with Bail.

More thought that we could persist with a Bail type across half forward. We have Sylvia and hopefully a Tapscott to play this role also.

Knights as a midfielder for us? I would hope that the potential midfield talent we have is better than Knights best. What are you giving to get a player such as this by the way?

Would be interested to see who.

Are you thinking Warnock..?

I was. Warnock does provide depth if one goes down for us, then again how much depth does one need? But... . Would he improve their list ? - which is what they are essentially after....

Knights' stats for 2009 season are most impressive. He has only managed 5 games this season. Knights (23yo) has had hamstring trouble. I haven't seen enough of him though. He kicked quite a few bags of goals in '09.

Would be surprised if they would take Warnock. They Have Rutten and Phil Davis, plus don't forget Andy Otten was very very good last year. They espesially would not do a straight swap of a very good forward/midfielder for a player who is lickely to be their no.4 tall defender.

BTW would love knights, while i agree he is similar to Sylvia and Tapscotch type, i would argue what is wrong with that. If they all could play a Chapman like roll in the team, then they would all fit into our 22.

I taught Chris Knights in secondary school 5 or so years ago. Last year I taught his twin brother and sister. They told me 12 months ago that Chris wants to return to Victoria for season 2011. I do not think Melbourne would or should be interested.

Good player.

Trade price tag would be way too high (like top draft pick, maybe top 2 and or a player).

Plus like others have said, given the plethora of young blokes we have in a similar mould, i don't see the point.

Kepp developing blokes like Blease and Tapscott plus Bail, Strauss and all the other mids.

If I was Adelaide I'd consider say Jetta over them two. How long have those filth components got left in them ?

it is not beyond the crows to consider that. however I wouldn't. medhurst and davis deliver, records speak for themselves.

Guest hangon007

If I was Adelaide I'd consider say Jetta over them two. How long have those filth components got left in them ?

Think the filth will be all over Veszpremi as well - probably just working out where they think they can get the "best" deal.

Personally I dont think Jetta is on the table. Neither should he be.

Edited by hangon007

Chris Knights should'nt be in our thoughts. We have a plenty of potential in our young players who need continued development.

A big forward (who can possibly play ruck) or gun midfielder should be our priority! Within our age bracket!

eg. Mitch Clark, Rishcitelli.

I taught Chris Knights in secondary school 5 or so years ago. Last year I taught his twin brother and sister. They told me 12 months ago that Chris wants to return to Victoria for season 2011. I do not think Melbourne would or should be interested.

Why is that Prof?

Behaviour related or you don't think he's good enough?