Changes for next week

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think we missed Sylvia's more ;)

Ooop's.

Make that In: Bate, Sylvia, MacDonald.

Miller for a farewell game maybe, at the expense of .......?

Guest watts04

I will not be happy if we keep Miller on any level

Hopefully Jones gets put up for trade as well

4th or 5th year and still turning it over and making mistakes....average player and wouldnt get a game in a decent side

Not on the senior list, no way. The difference between the two atm is that if PJ stays for next year he'll be on the senior list, but if Newton stays it will be on the rookie list. That, and that alone, is enough to keep Newton on the list over PJ, but that's not enough to keep Newton on the list.

That may not necessarily be the case.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bell gets one too.

Based on form, I would. He has been solid VFL nothing more.

I have been away for several days and did not see or hear the game in Adelaide so cannot say much about the game however on reading the above posts it seems that a lot of the younger guys are getting towards the end of a long and tiring season for them. So lets pull back a little and stop trying to crucify the likes of Trengove, ,Bails and Bennel and remember they are basically first year players and are still developing.

Thought I'd better squeeze this in seeing as the MFC website wasn't good enough for anyone...

As per JOSH MAHONEY WHO IS A COACH AT MELBOURNE: "Cale Morton: He played a solid game, playing in a number of positions."

:) Pleased the coaches and should be in next week.

IN - Miller, Sylvia, MacDonald, Bate

OUT - Newton for Miller, Warnock for MacDonald, Bennell for Sylvia & maybe Bail for Bate.

Edited by Demon Hill

I don't understand the concept of a farewell game for a player that has struggled to cement a spot in the team over the past 8 years. Ok, 133 games, fair effort.. but has he ever been a 'first picked' sort of player? Even when we were struggling?

I don't think this weekends game against the Kangaroo's is without significance, especially after the sooky and spiteful comments from Brad Scott the last time we played them, when he suggested that we get too much media attention on our young players, when the poor old Kanga's have every bit as talented youngsters that go overlooked each week. Well I reckon this would be a great game to put as many of our Demon youth in and give them a good old fashioned belting!

So for me, its "thanks for the memories Brad. Good luck. I hope you get a spot at Gold Coast and we see you out there again. But no farewell game as we need to get Bate back into the team as he IS part of our future". (unless Pia wants to break through the banner naked, then we will definately consider a farewell game).

He was in the best 22 when we really struggled.

He has been a leader at the club during some incredibly challenging times.

Considering we aren't playing finals I'd happily cede him a spot in our last game.

Romance in footy doesn't have to be dead if you don't want it to be.

It would show respect for a player who wasn't blessed with great talent, but worked his arse off for the club just the same.

What's more important?

Pride over some Brad Scott comments that I pay scant regard?

Or farewelling an honest hard-working servant of the club during tough times?

Give him a spot.

I don't understand the concept of a farewell game for a player that has struggled to cement a spot in the team over the past 8 years. Ok, 133 games, fair effort.. but has he ever been a 'first picked' sort of player? Even when we were struggling?

I don't think this weekends game against the Kangaroo's is without significance, especially after the sooky and spiteful comments from Brad Scott the last time we played them, when he suggested that we get too much media attention on our young players, when the poor old Kanga's have every bit as talented youngsters that go overlooked each week. Well I reckon this would be a great game to put as many of our Demon youth in and give them a good old fashioned belting!

So for me, its "thanks for the memories Brad. Good luck. I hope you get a spot at Gold Coast and we see you out there again. But no farewell game as we need to get Bate back into the team as he IS part of our future". (unless Pia wants to break through the banner naked, then we will definately consider a farewell game).

The regard he is held in by the players & club is a fair bit higher than elsewhere. Brad deserves a final game, he has given his all for the club, no matter his limitations.

He may well choose to play for Casey due to his commitment in wanting to see them progress as far as they can but I, for one, would like to see him play a final game for the Dees.

His form gives his selection a fair amount of merit in any case, rather than just a token final game. He will play back up ruck to Jamar as a replacement for Newton.

Nothing wrong with that selection after Newton was given a chance last week and probably came up short in impressing.

Edited by Demon Hill

Did I really say "perfect" in reference to Jurrah's potential injury??? Have another look.

I think he is trying to make you aware that those changes are not perfect, because you'd be leaving an injured Jurrah in the side.

Think about it.

Did I really say "perfect" in reference to Jurrah's potential injury??? Have another look.

I think he is trying to make you aware that those changes are not perfect, because you'd be leaving an injured Jurrah in the side.

Think about it.

Say no more.

Say no more.

I have seen nothing on the MFC website to suggest Liam has done his hammy. I saw no one listed as "injured" in the paper after our game.

Wait for the injury list to come out first perhaps?

Until then, Liam is fine...

COP IT SWEET EVERYONE!! :) Sorry but I was a lone hand providing backup for the 60kg Cale Morton.

It's amazing what people can say when their team loses...

Morton was good today and shouldn't be dropped next week against North. Well done Cale.

Not the only one who though morton had a good game deezman. I was on the game day thread and couldn't believe the number of morton bashers. His kicking was a bit off radar, but he just knows how to get the ball and (most pleasingly) he has really worked on his defensive pressure and contensted games. That is why he was sent back to the twos. No wonder the FD was pleased with his game. He has shown that he is listening to the FD about the parts of his game and responding on game day. Well done young fella. Ps was anyone else imprrssed with some of his overhead marking? With his height, he may very well have the goofs to be moulded into a KPP.

Not the only one who though morton had a good game deezman. I was on the game day thread and couldn't believe the number of morton bashers. His kicking was a bit off radar, but he just knows how to get the ball and (most pleasingly) he has really worked on his defensive pressure and contensted games. That is why he was sent back to the twos. No wonder the FD was pleased with his game. He has shown that he is listening to the FD about the parts of his game and responding on game day. Well done young fella. Ps was anyone else imprrssed with some of his overhead marking? With his height, he may very well have the goofs to be moulded into a KPP.

HOORAY!!! Someone else who had their eyes open during the game!

And yes... my oh my his marking is proving to be a real treat!! :) Perfect overhead. Solid grab.