New Emblem??

stephen247

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new Emblem is still being touched up and finalised.

Believe it will be ready to show to supporters sometime in October - around the end of the season.

Perhaps around DebtDemolition time?

Rest assured, nothing you have seen before in this thread or being used by the club at the moment compares.

It will be a surprise, and a pleasant shock, in my opinion.

Guest Deefence

Those banners hang all over the changerooms at the G. They appeared this year along with massive photo's of Demon's greats, Jimmy, Hassa, Robbie, Barrass, Hardeman, Viney, Bluey etc. Gives the room a great feel, shows the pride and history of the club. And yes, I do believe it is the MFC logo beneath the V.

I know they gave one to Greeny on his 200th, signed by the team, and with a list of players above him in number-of-game order. IIRC, Greeny was about 20th.

The new Emblem is still being touched up and finalised.

Believe it will be ready to show to supporters sometime in October - around the end of the season.

Perhaps around DebtDemolition time?

Rest assured, nothing you have seen before in this thread or being used by the club at the moment compares.

It will be a surprise, and a pleasant shock, in my opinion.

Debt Demolition is usually the month of August.

After the "pleasant shock", will it -in your opinion- be a feeling of pride in our club among most or all supporters ?

Guest Redleg_24

And yes, I do believe it is the MFC logo beneath the V.

That logo MAY make up a part of the new emblem. IT IS NOT the new emblem

I believe the logo is done, if i could scan a picture i would. I got some mail basically saying thanks to dees members for 33k members and it showed a shield logo :D sooooo happy and cant wait to see it unblurred :D

I brought all my old dee's gear with me to South Africa and have been giving it away to locals as I go, as long as they promised to barrack for us. I was going to buy more for myself when I got home but I think I'll have to wait for this new logo. Half a season with no red n blue to wear to games:(

I believe the logo is done, if i could scan a picture i would. I got some mail basically saying thanks to dees members for 33k members and it showed a shield logo :D sooooo happy and cant wait to see it unblurred :D

logobz.jpg

It's not much, but it gives you the general idea.

Guest Redleg_24

I believe the logo is done, if i could scan a picture i would. I got some mail basically saying thanks to dees ...

as pointed out by other posters, in including me, if you are talking about the retro demon in a shield this is not the new logo. Pays to read thread

Guest Redleg_24

I believe the logo is done, if i could scan a picture i would. I got some mail basically saying thanks to dees ...

as pointed out by other posters, in including me, if you are talking about the retro demon in a shield this is not the new logo. Pays to read thread

are you serious redleg? read the article in the demons mail, it says itself that it is the new demon logo, so yes i am right

are you serious redleg? read the article in the demons mail, it says itself that it is the new demon logo, so yes i am right

I think you need to read the letter again mate...Definitely 200% not the new logo

He's not talking about the retro demon shield, he's talking about the logo that was mentioned in the letter sent out to MCC/MFC members a few days ago. There's an image of a small, blurred shield. (See above)

Guest Redleg_24

yes you are right. The new logo is a pixelated image with a question mark. It will be unveilled this week by The Riddler. Wtf mate. Firstly that image shows nothong and secondly you hadnt posted the image when i reied. I was referring to the 80's shield in the merch flyer that came with the letter

Guest Redleg_24

thanks for your ground breaking revelation. The members of Land can relax now they have seen the new logo. So post modern. I mean the pixelation is just so in. I hear its like magic eye, if you keep starring at it you will eventually see the logo.

Edited by Redleg_24

i apologise redleg, on my system it says you posted after the image was shown, thats why i replied with that. It looks like you replied once you saw the pic. It appears to have been a coincidence.

What i see is the shield, a MCC/ Carlton Blues compilation of letters, that so far is better than i have seen hence me liking. Maybe im wrong. It looks to be on the dees jumper as a background on the shield with letters down the bottom which could be anything... but what i am imagining what the rest looks like, trying to unpixelate it :P, it looks good.

Something seperate: I have a coffee cup that has a decent shield logo on it as well, i will try to take a picture then put it on here.

I'm not sure if this will give away too much so don't answer if it will:

Is there anything to do with the demon in the new emblem?

Yes.

• 2 weeks later...

To those who know whatteh new Emblem looks like;

does it lend itself well to say becoming our away clash jumper. i.e on a white background ?

If so maybe we can settle on that :) just wondering

I was lucky enough to have a great discussion with Cam Schwab and Don McLardy before yesterday's 'walk to the G'. I mentioned that I was really looking forward to the release of the new Emblem, and Cam just happened to have a copy in his pocket. He gave me a 'sneak preview' and talked me through the design. All I can say is that IMO it brilliantly captures the magnificent history of our great club over the journey, while remaining simple and 'un-cluttered' to the eye. I know I'm a bit biased, but I reckon it will be the envy of every other club in the AFL.

Cam added that there is still a bit of fine-tuning to be done (eg. to ensure that the Emblem fits easilg onto various background colours etc.) and it will not be released until late in the year.

This new emblem is a bit like the brief case in pulp fiction, my be it will be better not to every revile this new emblem, keep the mystery, what was in the brief case does anyone know?

Perhaps some need to tone down the excitement on this one.

It's only going to be a logo. It's not going to be some revolutionary experience that will fundamentally shift your perceptions of the world.

Inevitably some of you are going to react with the always amusing, "Looks like someone just knocked that up on Photoshop". As opposed to weaving it with spun gold, the way good graphic designers do...