• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

UFC

Summer Blease

fair points, particularly the wrestling part which is probably what Sots needs most of all oddly enough. would help his takedowns no end. i guess his striking is ok, he just doesn't look dangerous on his feet to me, maybe just a lack of power, but then again not everyone is Anderson Silva. i still have a little faith in his chin though, unlike a Wandy or Chuck.

i haven't seen the whole Kongo V Barry card but i have seen the main fight.....MAD! never seen anything like it. Barry's head will be a mess after that fight and not just from the K.O. After the Crocop fight when he backed off and should have finished him, he did the opposite in this fight (and fair enough since Kongo was in a world of hurt) and still got K.O'd!!! poor bastard.

Yeah I like Barry, he's pretty unlucky really. But was just a crazy fight!

If you can track down the Joey Lauzon v Warburton fight from that card it's worth a watch, the sub will make you cringe, nice!

• 5 weeks later...

What a great card that was.

Eat it Tito, the comeback was short lived, loser.

I'm a Rashad fan, he has never looked that good. I hope he kills John Jones.

Vitor the destroyer. That guy is an animal, probably the only guy with a chance against Anderson, but we've already seen Anderson snuff out one chance..

Brian Ebersole is one of my favourites, what a tripper. Vicious g'n'p, fun to watch. Was worried at the start when the guy in the panties took his back, but he played it beautifully.

Rory McDonald will be world champ without doubt.

The only fight I picked wrong was Jorge Riviera, bummer.

What a great card that was.

Eat it Tito, the comeback was short lived, loser.

I'm a Rashad fan, he has never looked that good. I hope he kills John Jones.

Vitor the destroyer. That guy is an animal, probably the only guy with a chance against Anderson, but we've already seen Anderson snuff out one chance..

Brian Ebersole is one of my favourites, what a tripper. Vicious g'n'p, fun to watch. Was worried at the start when the guy in the panties took his back, but he played it beautifully.

Rory McDonald will be world champ without doubt.

The only fight I picked wrong was Jorge Riviera, bummer.

Good card, and even though i'm not big on Rashad it was great to see Tito smashed and making excuses again. where does he get off wearing that top btw? "the peoples champ"? nobody likes you....what people are you talking about? will be good to see Rashad and Jones but i'm thinking Rashad will need to be at another level to be a chance.

Vitor looked great, sexyama doesn't get k'od much but Vitor smashed him and his hands looked as good as ever.

Ebersole was great, the hairy arrow must bring him good luck. i hope he continues.

you're right about mcDonald, how good did he look?

Riviera looked horrible......wonder how many more he's got.

very keen to see how Dan Hardy goes against Chris Lytle tomorrow (even though i'll be on a delay again!) and also Kyle Noke will get a good test against Ed Herman.

I hope he kills John Jones.

No way Jose' .

Last week on 1HD I saw Johns absolutely destroy Shogun .

He fights like Anderson Silva .

In the Matrix man B) .

Edited by Fork 'em

• 3 weeks later...

If Bones fights in the Matrix, then Silva wrote it and controls everything that goes on in it.

I mean what a freak, how many more fighters will he embarrass before he retires and goes on to master quantum physics or whatever he chooses to master.

Okami never stood a chance in my view, but having seen all his fights, he has never looked so second rate, he has always been a good aggressive fighter, he looked scared as soon as he copped one jab. That's what Anderson does, he makes them all turn to jelly. Once the hands drop and that aggressive forward Bruce Lee shuffle comes on, you know Anderson is about to end it any way he wants.

How about the jab that knocked Okami down, and he just let him back up to entertain the home crowd a bit more? Crazy.

It's a shame in the greater sporting world Anderson Silva will never be known like a Jordan or Tiger Woods, because he's clearly the greatest fighter the world has ever seen in my view.

As for the rest of the Rio main card, excellent, can't complain about all those finishes! And I picked every fight right, although if I was judging I'd have given it to Ross Pearson.

Did anyone see the Palharas v Miller prelim? That was some crazy fight.

If Bones fights in the Matrix, then Silva wrote it and controls everything that goes on in it.

I mean what a freak, how many more fighters will he embarrass before he retires and goes on to master quantum physics or whatever he chooses to master.

Okami never stood a chance in my view, but having seen all his fights, he has never looked so second rate, he has always been a good aggressive fighter, he looked scared as soon as he copped one jab. That's what Anderson does, he makes them all turn to jelly. Once the hands drop and that aggressive forward Bruce Lee shuffle comes on, you know Anderson is about to end it any way he wants.

How about the jab that knocked Okami down, and he just let him back up to entertain the home crowd a bit more? Crazy.

It's a shame in the greater sporting world Anderson Silva will never be known like a Jordan or Tiger Woods, because he's clearly the greatest fighter the world has ever seen in my view.

As for the rest of the Rio main card, excellent, can't complain about all those finishes! And I picked every fight right, although if I was judging I'd have given it to Ross Pearson.

Did anyone see the Palharas v Miller prelim? That was some crazy fight.

the freak show continues.......

i have been following boxing most of my life, seen Tyson in his prime not to mention all the other great boxers of the era, then picked up on u.f.c, and Anderson Silva is without question the best fighter i have ever seen. his striking accuracy is ridiculous, and he knocks them down with single jabs.........mad.

Enjoyed the whole Rio card except seeing Griffen get smashed, i just wanna see him win another fight soon before he is lost to the sport.

didn't see the prelims but will check them out.

did you see the Lytle v Hardy fight? and on the same card was a great fight between Ben Henderson and Jim Miller, worth a watch. unfortunately Kyle Noke got done.

Edited by Demon16

Yeah that was a great way for Lytle to go out, was a great fight. I like Hardy. But I'm guessing if he wasn't British he'd have been cut after his 4th straight loss.

Hope he gets a win.

Man Smooth Henderson was great, I've never seen Jim Miller lose let alone get dominated like that.

Did you go to AFC 2 on Saturday? Was a good night, there was some young talent there, Polish 19 year old pulled off one crazy ninja roll knee bar type deal, he looked potentially UFC bound.

Was good to see Jesse Taylor from the Ultimate Fighter get beat up. I wonder why Hector Lombard isn't in the UFC, roids probably.

There was a fight in the foyer too, Wayne Carey and his missus going at it in front of everyone, come on Wayne, this ain't Miami.

Hopefully the next AFC in Melbourne has a cage.

Yeah that was a great way for Lytle to go out, was a great fight. I like Hardy. But I'm guessing if he wasn't British he'd have been cut after his 4th straight loss.

Hope he gets a win.

Man Smooth Henderson was great, I've never seen Jim Miller lose let alone get dominated like that.

Did you go to AFC 2 on Saturday? Was a good night, there was some young talent there, Polish 19 year old pulled off one crazy ninja roll knee bar type deal, he looked potentially UFC bound.

Was good to see Jesse Taylor from the Ultimate Fighter get beat up. I wonder why Hector Lombard isn't in the UFC, roids probably.

There was a fight in the foyer too, Wayne Carey and his missus going at it in front of everyone, come on Wayne, this ain't Miami.

Hopefully the next AFC in Melbourne has a cage.

Yeah it was good to see Lytle go out like that but you're right, Hardy does need a win, it would be a shame to lose him. Didn't get to the afc, I didn't know about it til the night it was on. Good job Jesse got done.

Wayne Carey........what a guy.

Trust a Diaz to ruin everything. Nick Diaz didn't show up at 2 pressers now he is out of the GSP title fight. What a meathead moron.

I was looking forward to BJ v Condit, now Condit gets the title shot against GSP and all my viewing pleasure is messed up.

BJ v Condit would have been sick.

GSP v Diaz would have been entertaining, I hate Diaz, but he'd take it to GSP and make it a fight worth watching. It's too early to give Condit a shot, GSP will be scared of his KO power and lay his way to a decision IMO. However if Condit pulled it off I'd be ecstatic.

Dunno who BJ gets now.

Lesnar v Overeem in Overeem's debut. Respect to Overeem for not waiting for a title shot and getting straight in. I think that fight could go either way. It'll be the first time 'Reem fights someone stronger than himself.

I'm also looking forward to Rory McDonald v Brian Ebersole and Pat Barry v Stefan Struve.

And come on Rampage.

Trust a Diaz to ruin everything. Nick Diaz didn't show up at 2 pressers now he is out of the GSP title fight. What a meathead moron.

I was looking forward to BJ v Condit, now Condit gets the title shot against GSP and all my viewing pleasure is messed up.

BJ v Condit would have been sick.

GSP v Diaz would have been entertaining, I hate Diaz, but he'd take it to GSP and make it a fight worth watching. It's too early to give Condit a shot, GSP will be scared of his KO power and lay his way to a decision IMO. However if Condit pulled it off I'd be ecstatic.

Dunno who BJ gets now.

Lesnar v Overeem in Overeem's debut. Respect to Overeem for not waiting for a title shot and getting straight in. I think that fight could go either way. It'll be the first time 'Reem fights someone stronger than himself.

I'm also looking forward to Rory McDonald v Brian Ebersole and Pat Barry v Stefan Struve.

And come on Rampage.

I still like the sound of Condit vs GSP, i just hope Condit has been working on his take-down defense and we might just have a cracker of a fight. If he hasn't, GSP will wrestle him a new one......if thats possible!

Some very tasty match-ups in that bunch.

• 4 weeks later...

i think it's fair to say 135 was a good day for the bad guys

started with Nate Diaz looking the best i have ever seen him in smashing Gomi........damn shame

then a forgettable heavyweight fight between Travis Browne and Rob Broughton, with Browne winning......meh

another heavyweight clash followed with our very own claimed kiwi Mark Hunt fighting Ben Rothwell. well this fight actually made me exhausted just watching it, they both gassed halkfway through the second, and i think thats being kind! nonetheless a good win to Mark Hunt, hopefully the ufc keep giving him these kind of match-ups

Matt Hughes and Josh Koscheck was next in a fight that Kos should have won and did.....well done turd. please retire Matt Hughes.

Main event between Rampage and Jones was a good fight, and whilst i was always hoping rampage would land a big bomb to get him back in it, reality was Jones was just way too good for him. too much reach, too much speed, too much agility.......he looked like Anderson Silva at times. He beat up Rampage for 3 rounds then finished him off with a choke, the first time Rampage has ever been finished in the ufc. Love him or hate him, Jones is the real deal.

i didn't catch the prelims but overall it was a good card, just unfortunate the bad guys won.

One of my favs Yves Edwards fighting again today in what must be close to his last chance

Main event between Rampage and Jones was a good fight, and whilst i was always hoping rampage would land a big bomb to get him back in it, reality was Jones was just way too good for him. too much reach, too much speed, too much agility.......he looked like Anderson Silva at times. He beat up Rampage for 3 rounds then finished him off with a choke, the first time Rampage has ever been finished in the ufc. Love him or hate him, Jones is the real deal.

Ahem .... told ya's ;)

Edited by Fork 'em

I never doubted Jones was the real deal, it's blatantly obvious. I just want to see him get smashed. Can't see Rashad doing it, but my god I'd love to see it. Machida would be the biggest chance.

I put 50 bucks on a Rampage/Hughes multi, had no faith in either of them but the odds were insane for an anything can happen sport, oh well.

Retire Hughes.

Big, big mistake by the UFC putting so many C grade heavy weights on in Denver, obviously didn't think about the high altitude when drawing up the card. Was glad to see Hunt win though, surprised Rothwell took all those shots, Hunt hits like a truck.

James Te Huna was a big highlight for me, he just looks like a top line LHW.

I never doubted Jones was the real deal, it's blatantly obvious. I just want to see him get smashed. Can't see Rashad doing it, but my god I'd love to see it. Machida would be the biggest chance.

I put 50 bucks on a Rampage/Hughes multi, had no faith in either of them but the odds were insane for an anything can happen sport, oh well.

Retire Hughes.

Big, big mistake by the UFC putting so many C grade heavy weights on in Denver, obviously didn't think about the high altitude when drawing up the card. Was glad to see Hunt win though, surprised Rothwell took all those shots, Hunt hits like a truck.

James Te Huna was a big highlight for me, he just looks like a top line LHW.

Mat hughes is a legend which is obvious but I agree he should retire. I also about Jones. For some reason I can't stand him and would love to see him get smashed. I just cant see anyone doing it. There are a lot of fighters at LHW what I mean by that is blokes who just love to hit and get hit like rampage,Shogun and griffin but jones is more of an athlete like Anderson silva and i can see more and more of these athletic fighters dominating the ufc. I think most people love to watch to fighters though go at it like bonnar vs griffin and rampage vs shogun and so on.

I just watched this.It's a pretty good trailer. This is a pretty good card.

Yeah this card looks real exciting, I can't wait.

Edgar v Maynard III will be awesome, but I'm more excited about Aldo and Florian. I like Florian, but feel he may actually die in this fight. Aldo is an animal, just watching him practice kicks makes me cringe (kinda like Clint Bartram but different!).

Guillard v Lauzon is a good match up, Melvin is in stellar form, looks a class above lately, hope he gets a title shot if he wins, I don't think any of the current contenders could handle his speed and power, gotta take him down quick.

Hopefully Stann knocks out that big mouthed steroid using money launderer.

Showtime Pettis and Stevens is a good matchup... just looks a much more exciting card than 135 was.

Just on the brawlers being better to watch... Wanderlei is one of my favourites, but I'd much rather watch a well rounded fighter these days than watch Wandy throw reckless bombs and get countered or Shogun blow himself up if he can't connect early, Forest throw pitter patter slaps for 3 rounds etc... I like a good fight or a moment of brilliance. The bumfights don't do it for me any more.

Did anyone see UFC on Versus the other night? Matt Wyman and Mac Danzig was a brilliant fight!

Do any of you fellas know anywhere in the city that shows UFC cards?

Yeah this card looks real exciting, I can't wait.

Edgar v Maynard III will be awesome, but I'm more excited about Aldo and Florian. I like Florian, but feel he may actually die in this fight. Aldo is an animal, just watching him practice kicks makes me cringe (kinda like Clint Bartram but different!).

Guillard v Lauzon is a good match up, Melvin is in stellar form, looks a class above lately, hope he gets a title shot if he wins, I don't think any of the current contenders could handle his speed and power, gotta take him down quick.

Hopefully Stann knocks out that big mouthed steroid using money launderer.

Showtime Pettis and Stevens is a good matchup... just looks a much more exciting card than 135 was.

Just on the brawlers being better to watch... Wanderlei is one of my favourites, but I'd much rather watch a well rounded fighter these days than watch Wandy throw reckless bombs and get countered or Shogun blow himself up if he can't connect early, Forest throw pitter patter slaps for 3 rounds etc... I like a good fight or a moment of brilliance. The bumfights don't do it for me any more.

Did anyone see UFC on Versus the other night? Matt Wyman and Mac Danzig was a brilliant fight!

Do any of you fellas know anywhere in the city that shows UFC cards?

I didn't mean i like the old tank abbott fights I meant I like watching two guys fight on their feet on the ground and not worry about winning by points or wrestling their way to a win. Sorry I should have made that clear. I just like the fact that some fighters give themselves a chance to win but not by doing the bare minimum. The only place i know that shows UFC is the waterloo hotel near highpoint shopping centre which is a bit out of your way.

You get your wish rashad is out with another injury and machida is in at ufc 140 vs jones.

interesting......

i agree with you about Jones in every way. there is something about him i don't like and i would love to see him get smashed, but aside from a lucky bomb, i haven't seen a current fighter at LHT who can seriously challenge him.

btw...i loved Tank Abbott! i know what you mean though and it was a sad day when Tank started getting done by heel hooks he could do nothing about. the sport is better now though.

not many pubs show UFC, i've asked at many! costs too much to show it vs how many people show up to watch it. there is the odd one here and there popping up though.

I like a good fight or a moment of brilliance. The bumfights don't do it for me any more.

Coming from a Tae kwon do background , watching counterpunchers like Silva , Jones and even Machida take oponents down using frontkicks to the face and elbows etc is purely and simply Art as far as I'm concerned .

As you said moments of brilliance .

Jones to beat Machida tho' , got a few too many tricks for 'im .

Edited by Fork 'em

136 spoiler below if you haven't watched it.

Franky the Answer to everything Edgar!!! My god, if we had 3 of him in our midfield we'd go alright, heart bigger than Tito's head. What a fight, couldn't believe I was watching that first round, again. Then in the 2nd he just comes out like nothing had happened... again, and takes over. Also couldn't believe he finished it, thought he'd just box it out to a decision win, but what a lightweight champion he has become, a movie should be made about him.

I thought K Flo did really well, felt bad for him looking so defeated after it, I think he'll retire, he's smart, will commentate and or train/coach.

Aldo is a class above though, precision strikes, sadly for all the viewers he fought a really smart fight instead of giving us a highlight finish.

If Aldo v Edgar does eventuate, I dunno who I'd go for, so part of me doesn't want it to happen.

Nam Phan v Garcia was great. That was a brawling fight I'll watch about 50 times.

If that cheating criminal beats Anderson Silva, I will cry.

The Lion Hotel, level 3 Melbourne Central next to rockstar bowling. Big projector screen plus heaps of big screen TVs, good PA system and good food. Went yesterday and enjoyed it.

I've also been to the Lower (Lower Plenty) not too bad.

136 spoiler below if you haven't watched it.

Franky the Answer to everything Edgar!!! My god, if we had 3 of him in our midfield we'd go alright, heart bigger than Tito's head. What a fight, couldn't believe I was watching that first round, again. Then in the 2nd he just comes out like nothing had happened... again, and takes over. Also couldn't believe he finished it, thought he'd just box it out to a decision win, but what a lightweight champion he has become, a movie should be made about him.

I thought K Flo did really well, felt bad for him looking so defeated after it, I think he'll retire, he's smart, will commentate and or train/coach.

Aldo is a class above though, precision strikes, sadly for all the viewers he fought a really smart fight instead of giving us a highlight finish.

If Aldo v Edgar does eventuate, I dunno who I'd go for, so part of me doesn't want it to happen.

Nam Phan v Garcia was great. That was a brawling fight I'll watch about 50 times.

If that cheating criminal beats Anderson Silva, I will cry.

The Lion Hotel, level 3 Melbourne Central next to rockstar bowling. Big projector screen plus heaps of big screen TVs, good PA system and good food. Went yesterday and enjoyed it.

I've also been to the Lower (Lower Plenty) not too bad.

I couldn't believe frankie came back again! After that knee by maynard i thought it was all over or soon to be. I feel for K Flo the bloke has tried everything to be a champ and he fought well. I dunno about aldo his two ufc fights i've seen he just doesn't have the stamina to hang in their and finish the fight homminick fought well against him and so did K flo. The division is pretty thin for fighters so I would expect the Edgar/Aldo fight to happen and I think they will both swap divisions.

Frankie edgar is soo much better than i gave him credit for, that fight was unbelievable. although i still think Maynard will curse himself for holding back too much.

watching the K Flo v Aldo fight and whilst admiring Kenny, i couldn't help but think he is just not good enough to be champ and hold for long imo. he wasn't getting smashed, but was clearly not in the same class.

here is where i put my nuts on the line...........

Sonnen will beat Anderson Silva.

• 3 weeks later...

Sad day for MMA with 2 legends retiring, but time was clearly up for Mirko, and BJ doesn't train hard enough, if he did he'd have continued to smash Diaz in the 2nd.

Sad that Diaz won, period, my god he's a [censored]. But credit to him for never ever being in a boring fight. Can't see him ever beating GSP, but part of me would like to see it happen.

BJ is one of my heroes, will be missed.

Big Country has the hardest head in mma, he took the full force of JDS and CroCop and didn't die, that takes some doing.

Was disappointed in Mitrione, Kongo looked scared early and Mitrone stood there doing nothing.

Highlight for me was that Polish dude in the prelims, won't even attempt to spell his surname, but his first name was Bart, he belted Griffin.

Put a multi on Siva, Mitrione, CroCop and Penn, 4 losses! I suck.

Cerrone looks pretty damn scary in every fight, pity cowboys are gay.

The next card is probably the worst card I've ever seen, are they joking thinking people will pay for that? It's barely worthy of a Fight Night. But those cards usually end up having sick fights, here's hoping.

Sad day for MMA with 2 legends retiring, but time was clearly up for Mirko, and BJ doesn't train hard enough, if he did he'd have continued to smash Diaz in the 2nd.

Sad that Diaz won, period, my god he's a [censored]. But credit to him for never ever being in a boring fight. Can't see him ever beating GSP, but part of me would like to see it happen.

BJ is one of my heroes, will be missed.

Big Country has the hardest head in mma, he took the full force of JDS and CroCop and didn't die, that takes some doing.

Was disappointed in Mitrione, Kongo looked scared early and Mitrone stood there doing nothing.

Highlight for me was that Polish dude in the prelims, won't even attempt to spell his surname, but his first name was Bart, he belted Griffin.

Put a multi on Siva, Mitrione, CroCop and Penn, 4 losses! I suck.

Cerrone looks pretty damn scary in every fight, pity cowboys are gay.

The next card is probably the worst card I've ever seen, are they joking thinking people will pay for that? It's barely worthy of a Fight Night. But those cards usually end up having sick fights, here's hoping.

I feel like unleashing on B.J........ that was a [censored] performance. for a guy who always has questionable cardio, to gas early in the second is simply not good enough. i've always loved the guy but the one thing he got right on the night was retiring. i know fighters almost never go out on a winning note as they think they are the best until they get beat up, but this one is really sour imo, he could have got more out of himself.

i actually liked Diaz back when he taunted Robbie Lawler and then took him apart, now i can't stand the guy, and no part of me wants to see him beat GSP, and i would be amazed if he did.

Every time i have seen Cerrone fight he has looked a million bucks......he smashed Siver. Whats wrong with cowboys?.......Eves Edwards.....Cerrone........I want to be a cowboy!!! just not brokeback mountain style.

getting close to tics for Sydney again with no rumours of fights yet. the card might not be all that great since i think they are planning the first ufc double header that weekend. still, i'll be there with bells on and if anyone is interested i can probably sort a tic or 2.

also planning a vegas trip next year to watch one at the holy grail..........i'm starting to firm up just thinking about it.