Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

UFC

Summer Blease

UFC on FUX

Was ok for us on ONEhd I spose, we got the Guida v Henderson epic, everyone else around the world got half an hour of shyte talkin then a 1 minute fight. lolz.

I know this isn't how the format will work in the future on FOX, but what a stupid way to kick it off, one fight, pfft.

Anyway I watched all but the Swanson fight, and it was an ok card, some interesting battles.

Bruce Leroy may be a bit of a [censored], but what an entertaining fighter. Great combo's on his feet, dangerous as hell on the ground. That switch kick was cool, well blocked though.

Poirier is a killer, one of those fighters that'll just keep it simple and always get it done, idiots like me pick Garza instead in a multi bet, and was the only one I got wrong, so stupid.

I had no idea who won the Carpenter v Smooth fight, but it was as entertaining as fights get. I picked Smooth, and now I'd like to see Frankie smash the 'praise Christ' out of him.

I'm a huge fan of both Cain and JDS, thought Cain would take it, but I put money on JDS for the lucky/ well executed punching power. Great to see him win. Hope he can do what most heavyweights don't, and defend the title. Would like to see him vs Overeem.

Was a decent card if you could be bothered switching from facebook to TV.

I'll take Hendo and the Axe Murder this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Come on fellas, lift your game, how are there no comments on 139 yet?

I missed out on a grand, by putting Bowles in a multi instead of Faber, what a stupid moron.

Anyway, how good was that card?

Faber looked brilliant, hope he takes Cruz's belt and one of his arms.

Keep an eye on Weidman, I've watched him closely because he's a Matt Sera fighter, seen all his fights, and I reckon he'll go close to being a title holder. What about the referee in that fight? Who let somebodies grandpa wander into the octagon and ref? Could've gotten Tom Lawlor killed. Then he got in the way in the Wandy / Le fight and perhaps stopped it early.

Cung and Wandy was about as fun as a fight gets. Great kicks, combo's and massive heart by Cung. Nerves first, then the brutal bezerker that is Wanderlei Silva. Nothing better than watching him connect and swarm all over an opponent. So glad he won, hope there's a couple more wins in him.

Hendo v Shogun was just epic. Not much needs to be said, I was surprised Shogun survived Hendo's power, even more surprised Shogun finished on top, he usually gasses.

They both deserved the W, but I had Hendo, and was pretty clear that he won. Great, great fight.

Hope Mayhem destroys Bisping.

And I'll take Machida v Bozo Jones.

Bad luck about the multi, i assume you were getting better odds on Bowles? Faber doesn't lose too many.

as usual i didn't catch this live and have only just watched the replay.......

best card of the year i reckon.

Wandy v Le was a great fight, very happy to see some vintage Wandy after i suggested he should retire. it seems like he has had a bit of sh!t going on in his life lately so hopefully that was the reason for his last performance. it probably was an early stoppage, but after i had a look at Cung's face i couldn't blame a ref for stopping that.

Hendo v Shogun was up there with the best ufc fights of all time. it was strange the way Hendo almost finished him and Shogun looked gassed and gone, then the tables got turned and heading into the last i thought Hendo was finished.......just a classic fight and an excellent points decision.

was really impressed with Stephan Bonner too even though the crowd hated it.

D.A your next 2 predictions look like "heart" predictions

i'm gonna split the difference and take Miller over the "count" (minus the 'o')

and i think Jones would have to make a big mistake to lose to Machida.......but you never know.

we've got some rumours for u.f.c 145 to be held in Sydney early march....

Jon Jones vs Rashad Evans

Martin Kampmann vs Thiago Alves

Travis Browne vs Roy Nelson

me likes

Love that^

lol @ minus the O. Definitely heart decisions, although, I truly think Mayhem will submit O-. Jones is just too athletic, don't even know why I can't stand him, I just can't. I just want fighting Machida to show up, not the in and out run away Machida, when he fights, he can beat anyone.

we've got some rumours for u.f.c 145 to be held in Sydney early march....

Jon Jones vs Rashad Evans

Martin Kampmann vs Thiago Alves

Travis Browne vs Roy Nelson

me likes

how can they announce jonny bones v suga rashad when jones still has to fight machida on the 10th.

how can they announce jonny bones v suga rashad when jones still has to fight machida on the 10th.

Jones V Evans has been in the works for a while but postponed because of injuries etc. Not sure it would matter if Jones still held the belt, so the result of the Machida fight is probably irrelevant as long as no long term injury is sustained.

having said all that the fight card i suggested is only rumoured at this stage and i have my doubts about Jones V Evans in australia, but apparently Kampmann v Alves is virtually locked in. The U.F.C really want to make sure they give us a great card as a show of respect for the turn-outs to the past 2 events here. i also think it's time for us to get a title fight if possible.

So UFC on FX 2 will be here?

TUF Finale

Mayhem, geezus, what happened, he looked bad, embarrassingly bad. Horrible stand up, gassed, and lost to that wanchor, damn.

Rest of the TUF finale was great, enjoyed all the fights. Two worthy TUF winners, although I'm not sure what Herb Dean is smoking these days, stopped that fight way too early, Rosenthal has passed him as the ref I feel most comfortable with.

How about the Bermudez v Brandao fight? Crazy, what a submission.

Jones V Evans has been in the works for a while but postponed because of injuries etc. Not sure it would matter if Jones still held the belt, so the result of the Machida fight is probably irrelevant as long as no long term injury is sustained.

having said all that the fight card i suggested is only rumoured at this stage and i have my doubts about Jones V Evans in australia, but apparently Kampmann v Alves is virtually locked in. The U.F.C really want to make sure they give us a great card as a show of respect for the turn-outs to the past 2 events here. i also think it's time for us to get a title fight if possible.

evans v davis jan 28 (ufc on Fox 2)

same card: sonnen v munoz (potential no.1 contender fight)

should be good card

evans v davis jan 28 (ufc on Fox 2)

same card: sonnen v munoz (potential no.1 contender fight)

should be good card

thats got the makings of a pretty good card, i'm no fan of Davis but (cover your eyes D.A) i would love to seem him smash Suga.

Really interested in seeing Sonnen again also in his quest to get another crack at Anderson Silva. i would expect him to have his way with Munoz.

Well it seems as though no one is going to beat Jones, LHW division is not what it used to be. Lyoto is the only real threat, maybe if we could transplant Dan Henderson's power into Lyoto I could see the smugness knocked off his face.

Good on him though, he is a fighter, to overcome a Machida in that sort of form is very impressive. Did anyone notice when Machida started moving exactly like Anderson Silva? Hands, head movement, stance, it was freaky!

The choke was impressive, but it was a tad unsportsman like to drop an unconscious guy on his face.

This wass probably the best card I've seen, the quality of skills on show was something else, the match ups, the finishes, it was just as entertaining as it gets.

Glad Ebersole won, I love that guy, I thought they would give it to Patrick. Kinda weird that Ebersole was in the most boring fight of the night. How about his submission defence though? Maybe Blackhouse should hire him for some tips lolz.

I also love the Korean Zombie. I had him in a multi bet because his odds were so high, but I didn't think he had a chance against Homminick. 7 seconds later and it was all over! Oh Canada.

Sad to see Krzysztof lose, exciting to see how he lost. Why don't more strikers just come out and pour it on like that? Oh yeah, Homminick...

Costa Phillipou landing the most crisp hooks and straights you'll ever see, that was fun to watch, that moustachioed gentleman took a beating.

Speaking of beatings that are fun to watch, watching Tito lose his 2nd straight to body shots was the best. I'm a Nog bros fan, but I had a bad feeling about this fight. How wrong I was, that was just a brutal beating, I found the rib pounding replay as cringe worthy as the Big Nog sub.

My bad feeling was on the wrong twin.

As soon as Mir went down, I said to my mate "Big Nog will go for the submission", I just knew that whole blackbelt scalp thing would get the better of him, should've just pounded him out, everyone knows Mir doesn't like getting hit in the face.

The crazy transition scramble and the arm break is one of the most intense things I've seen in MMA. The groans at the bar I was at every time they replayed it was pretty funny.

Probably career ending for Big Nog, and as much as I'm a fan, it's his own stupidity. Bad day for Blackhouse with 2 of their premier guys being submitted.

Was a good fight though, good on Mir for what is one of the best comebacks - his comments about what breaking an arm feels like at the post match gave me a chuckle.

All in all probably the best UFC I've seen, regardless of who I was going for.

Now for 'Reem v Lesnar, Overeem got his license despite ducking a roid test, hmmmm ? He'll kill Lesnar, but I'll go for Lesnar in an upset.

I was hoping to beat you to it this week, but four kids makes it hard to find time for ufc talk!

caught this one live and loved the card, one of the best.

big fan of homminick.......but ummmmm....no

great to see ebersole keep the streak up. what did he say....the guillotine is a myth? hard to argue with that after escaping what he did.

loved watching "the people's chump" get smashed.give it away Tito....then again maybe hang around....... that was fun.

the Mir and Big nog fight was great. Mir always has a quiet arrogance about him and i usually don't like that, but for some reason i have always liked Frank Mir. Luckily for him Herb hadn't been smoking any this week or it might have been stopped. just a fantastic comeback and although short, one of the most thrilling fights i've seen.

Gotta tip my hat to Machida. his tactics were great, i loved the way he fought, i just think he got a little too eager towards the end of that fight when he should have pulled back a little. he was on top, i think he had Jones rattled and he certainly hit him with some really good shots. These 2 need a re-match, i would love to see Machida win, and after this fight i do think he can win.

Now Dana for gods sakes get some decent names on the 145 card.......i'm getting nervous!

Confirmed unfortunately, pretty p!ssed off about it too.

doubt that i will venture up north for this one unless the card gets some decent names.

Yeah, I like both Hitman and Alves but that is no main event.

I'd rather watch it for free than make the trip up there.

Any word on Melbourne changing it's idiotic law regarding the cage?

Yeah, I like both Hitman and Alves but that is no main event.

I'd rather watch it for free than make the trip up there.

Any word on Melbourne changing it's idiotic law regarding the cage?

no haven't heard anything about that.

strangely enough the man who is stopping it, is an old football coach of mine Hugh Delahunty. they don't like the look of the cage? gimme a break Hugh.

• 3 weeks later...

141 was the battle of the big boys, a combined 230 kegs between Overeem and Lesnar. When Lesnar hit the ufc scene a couple of years back, he was a beast of a man compared to anyone else in the ufc and i wondered how long it would take before they got anyone who was actually big enough to compete. after watching Overeem smash him, and finish him with body shots, i don't thnk Lesnar is a serious heavyweight contender anymore and i'm not sure he ever will be again. things change fast in this sport. Overeem on the other hand is the heavyweight champion in waiting i believe. his striking for a man that size is first class and he'll take a hell of alot of stopping. all due respect to Randy Couture, but when he was heavyweight champ not so long ago, the division sucked, now it is one of the most exciting and we should see some great match-ups in the future.

the battle which held most of my interest in 141 was the match-up between Donald Cerrone and Nate Diaz. i was enjoying watching Cerrone make his way up the division and he is a fighter i really like watching. unfortunately he let that [censored] Diaz get into his head before the fight when Diaz slapped his hand away at a training meeting prior to the fight.Cerrone came out in the first minute and tried to take him out with one punch....he lost his head, didn't keep his cool and got picked apart for the rest of the fight. I'm really surprised Greg Jackson let him fight like that, although the rev up he gave Cerrone going into the last round might indicate he hates the Diaz boys just like the rest of us! i really hope Cerrone comes back fom this and learns something.

John Fitch i think gave us the most exciting fight i have ever seen him in by getting Ko'd in 12 seconds by Johny Hendricks. only the second loss for Fitch and he won't be all that happy about it i wouldn't think.

some other handy fights in there but the main card was the pick of them and it turned out to be a pretty good card with the Cerrone v Diaz fight the best of them.

back to Brazil for 142.

141 was the battle of the big boys, a combined 230 kegs between Overeem and Lesnar. When Lesnar hit the ufc scene a couple of years back, he was a beast of a man compared to anyone else in the ufc and i wondered how long it would take before they got anyone who was actually big enough to compete. after watching Overeem smash him, and finish him with body shots, i don't thnk Lesnar is a serious heavyweight contender anymore and i'm not sure he ever will be again. things change fast in this sport. Overeem on the other hand is the heavyweight champion in waiting i believe. his striking for a man that size is first class and he'll take a hell of alot of stopping. all due respect to Randy Couture, but when he was heavyweight champ not so long ago, the division sucked, now it is one of the most exciting and we should see some great match-ups in the future.

the battle which held most of my interest in 141 was the match-up between Donald Cerrone and Nate Diaz. i was enjoying watching Cerrone make his way up the division and he is a fighter i really like watching. unfortunately he let that [censored] Diaz get into his head before the fight when Diaz slapped his hand away at a training meeting prior to the fight.Cerrone came out in the first minute and tried to take him out with one punch....he lost his head, didn't keep his cool and got picked apart for the rest of the fight. I'm really surprised Greg Jackson let him fight like that, although the rev up he gave Cerrone going into the last round might indicate he hates the Diaz boys just like the rest of us! i really hope Cerrone comes back fom this and learns something.

John Fitch i think gave us the most exciting fight i have ever seen him in by getting Ko'd in 12 seconds by Johny Hendricks. only the second loss for Fitch and he won't be all that happy about it i wouldn't think.

some other handy fights in there but the main card was the pick of them and it turned out to be a pretty good card with the Cerrone v Diaz fight the best of them.

back to Brazil for 142.

Lesnar retired so he definitely is no longer a contender.

He looked so timid as soon as he got hit, it was clear then it was pretty much the beginning of the end. Overeem had no regard for what Lesnar had to offer, even after the first jab cut him. He's a frightening unit the 'Reem, his kicks will trouble JDS, but at the same time he better kick hard because JDS will counter punch the kicks.

Cerrone v Diaz was crazy. Agree completely that Diaz got in Cerrone's head, Donald came out and almost did a Homminick with that sloppy haymaker. Then he looked knackered and Diaz looked like he was working the speed bag on Cowboys head. Has to be a record for strikes landed? My god Nate looked exactly like Nick in there. Total d'bags those brothers, but man they put on good fights.

I had Hendricks by KO in a multibet (the 2nd part was Nate by sub, odds were ridiculous), just as the fight started I said to all my mates "one punch knock out"... and surely enough! Total arse I'll admit, but it was pretty funny.

And thank god, after the first 6 3 rounders, I was not in a mood for a Fitch fight.

Gustafsson looks the goods, I went through all his fights the other day, and his rangey counter strike/flurry might be the answer to Jon Jones, I'd like to see that.

Hettes was a highlight for me, outstanding, totally demolished Nam, looked classes above. He's one to watch.

C'mon Jose! And I'd like to see Gonzaga make a successful return in Brazil.

• 2 weeks later...

Barboza

Best knock out I've ever seen. No need to say much more really! Wow.

José Aldo is just so damn good. So likable too. Great KO and great scenes after the victory.

Not much left at featherwheight now, Mendes had nothing for him, and he was the only real challenger.

I suggest Aldo fights Korean Zombie and Poirier at the same time.

There's talent on the rise at featherweight, but it'll be a while til they are at Aldo's level. I wouldn't mind seeing him go up and terrorize the LW division, send a few of them scattering down to FW to spread the load.

Referees. Ugh.

If Erik Silva deserved to be DQ'd for that, then go back over the tapes and overturn 200 decisions. Even the Belfort promo just after showed him hitting Akiyama in the back of the head.

There were 2 slight hits that were accidents at worst, complete joke to DQ the kid, no one on earth would have raised an eyebrow had Silva won.

Dan standing Fatty Rubble up so quickly was a bit weird, and I'd be annoyed if that was my fighter, but I think Dan Margliotta had a case, Johnson wasn't doing much.

And what a joke that guy is, seriously, lazy and undisciplined you couldn't have chosen a worse sport. Waste of potential.

Belfort is the man.

I like Gonzaga, glad to see him win, but it wasn't against much.

An entertaining yet slightly odd card.

Edited by Deestroy All

Barboza

Best knock out I've ever seen. No need to say much more really! Wow.

José Aldo is just so damn good. So likable too. Great KO and great scenes after the victory.

Not much left at featherwheight now, Mendes had nothing for him, and he was the only real challenger.

I suggest Aldo fights Korean Zombie and Poirier at the same time.

There's talent on the rise at featherweight, but it'll be a while til they are at Aldo's level. I wouldn't mind seeing him go up and terrorize the LW division, send a few of them scattering down to FW to spread the load.

Referees. Ugh.

If Erik Silva deserved to be DQ'd for that, then go back over the tapes and overturn 200 decisions. Even the Belfort promo just after showed him hitting Akiyama in the back of the head.

There were 2 slight hits that were accidents at worst, complete joke to DQ the kid, no one on earth would have raised an eyebrow had Silva won.

Dan standing Fatty Rubble up so quickly was a bit weird, and I'd be annoyed if that was my fighter, but I think Dan Margliotta had a case, Johnson wasn't doing much.

And what a joke that guy is, seriously, lazy and undisciplined you couldn't have chosen a worse sport. Waste of potential.

Belfort is the man.

I like Gonzaga, glad to see him win, but it wasn't against much.

An entertaining yet slightly odd card.

good observations.

really enjoyed the card apart from the D.Q and one other gripe i have is fighters holding the cage, it's really starting to bug me. I think Aldo was on his way to his back when he held onto the cage way too long and instead ended up on his feet. you could argue that Mendes tried another 2 times to get him down with no hinderance and was unsuccessful anyway, but i really think his first attempt was his best, and Aldo was heading for his back. instead of Aldo possibly being on his back for the remainder of the round, he mainly stayed up and finished Mendes. i like Aldo alot, but i always like to see the best tested, and i feel like i missed out on a bit here. I think holding onto the cage can have such a big impact on a takedown attempt i would be prepared to deduct 2 points without warning. might sound harsh, but it deserves the loss of a round IMO. the repeated "don't hold the cage" warnings do nothing.

not much interest in the guillard Vs Millar card, but really looking forward to the Evans Vs Davis card which looks a beauty. if Sydney got a card like that i would be there.

you up for Vegas in July D.A or what? it's gonna be like Hangover part 3..........or maybe Bridesmaids :)

Edited by Demon16

good observations.

really enjoyed the card apart from the D.Q and one other gripe i have is fighters holding the cage, it's really starting to bug me. I think Aldo was on his way to his back when he held onto the cage way too long and instead ended up on his feet. you could argue that Mendes tried another 2 times to get him down with no hinderance and was unsuccessful anyway, but i really think his first attempt was his best, and Aldo was heading for his back. instead of Aldo possibly being on his back for the remainder of the round, he mainly stayed up and finished Mendes. i like Aldo alot, but i always like to see the best tested, and i feel like i missed out on a bit here. I think holding onto the cage can have such a big impact on a takedown attempt i would be prepared to deduct 2 points without warning. might sound harsh, but it deserves the loss of a round IMO. the repeated "don't hold the cage" warnings do nothing.

not much interest in the guillard Vs Millar card, but really looking forward to the Evans Vs Davis card which looks a beauty. if Sydney got a card like that i would be there.

you up for Vegas in July D.A or what? it's gonna be like Hangover part 3..........or maybe Bridesmaids :)

I agree with the holding the cage, should be an auto point deduction, even if the ref misses it, if a judge sees it, take it into account. First time too, no need for a warning, just don't do it.

I doubt it'd have effected the outcome though, might've even saved Mendes a world of pain.

It's my birthday in July, I accept extravagant gifts :)

Spewing Munoz is injured, I hate both Sonnen and Bisping, hope it's a DQ and they both test positive to roids (and AIDS) after it.

I like both Maia and Weidman, very hard fight to call, I think Weidman will be a legit contender one day, so I'll probably go for him, hope to see some slick JJ either way.

Didn't hear that Munoz had pulled out........thats a bummer, was looking forward to that fight. always like to see "O minus" get smashed, so here's hoping.

$5k should cover you for the trip and i'll either buy you a beer in Vegas for your birthday or pay for your wedding....whichever comes first.

thought i might also mention that i dropped a line to Dana White, or at least tried to get to him, to voice my disappointment at the Sydney card. i also mentioned that we were coming to Vegas mid-year and if they could do anything for a few hardcore aussie ufc fans. Didn't get a reply from Dana, but one of his assistants replied and told me she will "take care of you guys" when we get there. Now i'm not sure if that means Arianna will be sitting on us......i mean...with us, but it should make the trip all the better. another carrot D.A!

thought i might also mention that i dropped a line to Dana White, or at least tried to get to him, to voice my disappointment at the Sydney card. i also mentioned that we were coming to Vegas mid-year and if they could do anything for a few hardcore aussie ufc fans. Didn't get a reply from Dana, but one of his assistants replied and told me she will "take care of you guys" when we get there. Now i'm not sure if that means Arianna will be sitting on us......i mean...with us, but it should make the trip all the better. another carrot D.A!

Haha, throw in Brittany and it might get me over the line.

I'd love to do it (them) but there's no possible way I could go in July. Apreciate the carrots though mate.

It'll be interesting to see just how they take care of you, they are known to be very good to some fans, hope it's a ripper man.

Remember it's free on OneHD tomorrow at 1pm, Guillard v Miller.

Haha, throw in Brittany and it might get me over the line.

I'd love to do it (them) but there's no possible way I could go in July. Apreciate the carrots though mate.

It'll be interesting to see just how they take care of you, they are known to be very good to some fans, hope it's a ripper man.

Remember it's free on OneHD tomorrow at 1pm, Guillard v Miller.

all good mate, it might end up up being later in the year depending on when GSP or Anderson or "insert big name here" fight in anycase.

looks like there will be a Australia Vs Great Britain ultimate fighter later this year with the final being held in Brisbane and likely to feature Kyle Noke v O minus

Again Bisping? 3rd time doing TUF if true.

I don't see what other pom they could use though.

Ebersole would be an entertaining coach. We have adopted him...

AFC 3 will be in Geelong.