Dees v Dawks Gameday thread

Dappa Dan

Hopefully this means everyone is at the game.

3 goals down early. I'm hearing at 'ology that Green might be hurt, Bate has been taken out by Miller and possibly Grimes has been stretchered off.

Hoping it's some kind of bad attempt at humour.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I can glean he took a good hit, but is back, and no-one else is injured. Small mercies.

Doesn't stop from the embarrassment though.

We're at the G, and we haven't scored a goal halfway through the second quarter. What a disgrace.

I'm not one for madness on here, but come on, I was pessimistic and even I didn't see this coming.

Do these blokes actually know each other? At times it seems as if they've been introduced a few minutes before the bounce.

The BASIC skill errors are still embarassing to watch and are only emphasised in the packs. Our forwards don't look like taking a mark i50, let alone kicking one between the big sticks. It's just horrible to watch. The commentators are trying to find some positives for the MFC but are struggling in that endeavour because there are few to be found.

I know it's the first half in Round 1 and I'm just hot under the collar, but real questions need to be asked of Bailey now. When a team is playing like this, there's something seriously wrong.

Do these blokes actually know each other? At times it seems as if they've been introduced a few minutes before the bounce.

The BASIC skill errors are still embarassing to watch and are only emphasised in the packs. Our forwards don't look like taking a mark i50, let alone kicking one between the big sticks. It's just horrible to watch. The commentators are trying to find some positives for the MFC but are struggling in that endeavour because there are few to be found.

I know it's the first half in Round 1 and I'm just hot under the collar, but real questions need to be asked of Bailey now. When a team is playing like this, there's something seriously wrong.

I don't want to start an arguement, but is it Bailey? Does he kick and handball the ball for these guys on the field? The players do need to take a majority of the responsibility for missing targets.

Naah, Bailey deserves some portion of the blame. They have to be educated, and inspired.

The problems are SO deep seeded, that even Matthews coming in would need 3 seasons to get them competitive.

We have been a league joke for '07, 08 and '09... and sorry to say, but going by the game we're playing on an equivalent aged, injury depleted side in the Hawks, we will be THE league joke this season.

I have never been more miserable as a demons supporter. And thats saying something. 4 years of this is enough. Heads will roll if drastic changes don't come soon.

Naah, Bailey deserves some portion of the blame. They have to be educated, and inspired.

The problems are SO deep seeded, that even Matthews coming in would need 3 seasons to get them competitive.

We have been a league joke for '07, 08 and '09... and sorry to say, but going by the game we're playing on an equivalent aged, injury depleted side in the Hawks, we will be THE league joke this season.

I have never been more miserable as a demons supporter. And thats saying something. 4 years of this is enough. Heads will roll if drastic changes don't come soon.

Sorry to break it to you mate, but Bailey wont be sacked this year if that's the head you're after.

I would start by dropping some of our senior blokes who think they are "safe". They need to answer our questions, then we can work out if we need to look higher up.

I'm with you Dan.

I'm not going to get into to blame game of coach vs players, as that's a tired old debate. But with an entire pre-season to work on getting some cohesion, there seems to be almost no evidence of it. I love this club and we've already sat through 3 years of this, so what's another year.. But there's no doubt that Bailey is now associated with a losing culture at the club, and frankly the time for excuses is over.

About to head back to the TV for the second half feeling like I'm lining up for some horrible punishment.

You are unfortunately lining up for some horrible punishment.......

I am never one to over criticise but this is embarrassing and they should be ashamed of their performance to date.

I hope for better but I am not convinced it will ever truly happen.

You can ignore that as it is misery and reality talking, sorry :( !!!

I dont even know what to say? Sack Bailey? Drop half the team to Casey? We all know none of those will happen.

But how the hell half our team can have absolutely no impact on a game is beyond me. Miller? Joel MacDonald, Davey, Dunn. All old heads that do nothing week in, week out.

I have never been so gutted as a demon supporter. Not even the 2000 gf was this bad...

about 16 other names in that category Wonna!

Only 16? Bit generous there Billy?!!!

Goal to Miller.....

Only 16? Bit generous there Billy?!!!

Goal to Miller.....

Haha, too true Queen! Some get a little precious if you state the truth though!!!

Let's talk about the positive though - Scully will be a champ. He should be number 1 best player for us today. Great effort in this p!ss-poor team.

Haha, too true Queen! Some get a little precious if you state the truth though!!!

Let's talk about the positive though - Scully will be a champ. He should be number 1 best player for us today. Great effort in this p!ss-poor team.

And a majority put Bate in our top 5 players???

Connolly has been quoted that Jordie Mc will be a 200+ gamer, who for???