Cost of tickets.

RalphiusMaximus

I was just on the AFL site looking up the cost of tickets to the upcoming game, and to my horror discovered that they are now charging $30 for general admission cheap seats. I rarely have the opportunity to go to a game as I work most weekends, but I'm pretty sure the last time I went it was $20 admission. When did the price hike hit? Is it going to cost the club that the stadium is chasing away some supporters by upping their prices? Seriously, I know it's only a $10 difference, but I simply can't afford it right now and so instead of going to the game I'll be listening on the radio. I have to wonder how many others are in the same boat.

I was just on the AFL site looking up the cost of tickets to the upcoming game, and to my horror discovered that they are now charging $30 for general admission cheap seats. I rarely have the opportunity to go to a game as I work most weekends, but I'm pretty sure the last time I went it was $20 admission. When did the price hike hit? Is it going to cost the club that the stadium is chasing away some supporters by upping their prices? Seriously, I know it's only a $10 difference, but I simply can't afford it right now and so instead of going to the game I'll be listening on the radio. I have to wonder how many others are in the same boat.

I'm paying over $100 a game... Got a 16 game reserved seat ticket for over 500$. Can go to 2 home games to sit in my reserved seat. Can go to about 3-4 away games. Got NO CLASHES WITH AWAY INTERSTATE GAMES!!! COULD GO TO ALL OF THEM IF I WANTED TO AND HAD UNLIMITED FUNDS TO FLY INTERSTATE. But of course I have work clasehes with nearly every Melbourne home game. Was nearly about to go to my 1st Demons game in round 5... instead work changed my Sunday to Sat in round 5 to clash with the dees game. My 1st game therefore after paying more than $500 for 16 games is round 6. I am the most unluckiest person on earth. In fact, my negativity at this predicament reflects in all my posts tonight. I will basically miss the season this year. I will watch it all on video. NOT a substitute. I hate life. So whilst I know that the AFL have over-priced admission fees, please think of my >$100 admission fee per game.

mate, your not going due to ten bucks? whats that now days = to two pies

I'm paying over $100 a game... Got a 16 game reserved seat ticket for over 500$. Can go to 2 home games to sit in my reserved seat. Can go to about 3-4 away games. Got NO CLASHES WITH AWAY INTERSTATE GAMES!!! COULD GO TO ALL OF THEM IF I WANTED TO AND HAD UNLIMITED FUNDS TO FLY INTERSTATE. But of course I have work clasehes with nearly every Melbourne home game. Was nearly about to go to my 1st Demons game in round 5... instead work changed my Sunday to Sat in round 5 to clash with the dees game. My 1st game therefore after paying more than $500 for 16 games is round 6. I am the most unluckiest person on earth. In fact, my negativity at this predicament reflects in all my posts tonight. I will basically miss the season this year. I will watch it all on video. NOT a substitute. I hate life. So whilst I know that the AFL have over-priced admission fees, please think of my >$100 admission fee per game.

There's only one thing that can fix this problem? A sicky... :)

I was just on the AFL site looking up the cost of tickets to the upcoming game, and to my horror discovered that they are now charging $30 for general admission cheap seats. I rarely have the opportunity to go to a game as I work most weekends, but I'm pretty sure the last time I went it was $20 admission.

General admission tickets are $21.70 (adult) at the MCG: http://www.mcg.org.au/Events/Tickets/Ticket%20Prices%20and%20On-sale%20Dates.aspx

You can pre-book Etihad Stadium GA tickets for $23.75 (adult), and I believe they're a little cheaper at the gate on the night.

I'm not sure where you got the idea that GA tickets cost $30, but you should be pleasantly surprised to find they don't.

"I am the most unluckiest person on earth. In fact, my negativity at this predicament reflects in all my posts tonight"

Actually, earlier tonight I was reading one of your posts Pringle & thinking to myself "what a misery guts this bloke is". Now I understand... and would probably react the same way or maybe tease a small child.

Chin up pal... round 6 is against North and we are in with a show.

General admission tickets are $21.70 (adult) at the MCG: http://www.mcg.org.au/Events/Tickets/Ticket%20Prices%20and%20On-sale%20Dates.aspx

You can pre-book Etihad Stadium GA tickets for $23.75 (adult), and I believe they're a little cheaper at the gate on the night.

I'm not sure where you got the idea that GA tickets cost $30, but you should be pleasantly surprised to find they don't.

Well, that'll teach me to follow the links on the AFL site. Thanks for the clarification.

mate, your not going due to ten bucks? whats that now days = to two pies

Given that I had a car payment due this week plus my sisters birthday and I get payed next week, ten dollars becomes a pretty big deal. Sadly my employer is one of the lowest paying in the industry, so I rarely have a huge amount left over in my budget. Saving is something I look forward to after my car is payed off.

Also, pies? Ick!

Buy a 4 game membership for $80, pay it off by the month $6.66per month

Edited by Roost It

~$25 is pretty reasonable for threeish hours of entertainment. Compare that to going to the movies, for instance.

Provided you don't by any of either venue's outrageously priced food, the footy costs twice as much - and you generally don't come out of a movie wanting to crawl into a hole and die.