Dreamteam

Benny & The Jett

So, its back again already. Sheesh we haven't even started the one-day series against the Windies yet... :blink:

Anyway, how are people going with their DT'S?? I like the new rule where you can switch certain nominated players from certain zones to others instead of having to burn a trade. i.e. Goddard is a Def/Mid so he can be switched from one to the other without the need to spend a trade..Will give DT coaches greater flexibilty, but it does seem options are limited though with few players having 'dual' positions..

So who's overpriced/underpriced?

Who will be the value rookie selections??

How many Dees players are in your squad (and who are they??)

What's your strategy??

Is anyone going to do the unthinkable and NOT pick G.Ablett?

Which toyota are you going to win??

Discuss...

Monitor the NAB cup/Challenge form of Addam Maric ($229,200).

Looks in good shape, and can easily earn you up to 100k if he starts in R1 as a forward..

Luke Tapscott ($89,500) looks tremendous value as a benchwarmer forward imo..

Edited by Benny & The Jett

A tentative 1st go at a side (bound to change a million times by R1...)

DEFENDERS

Jarrad WAITE (CARL) (DEF/FWD) $343,600

Adam McPHEE (FREO) (DEF/FWD) $340,800

Michael HURLEY (ESS) (DEF/FWD) $273,300

Scott SELWOOD (WCE) (DEF) $251,400

Jayden POST (RICH) (DEF) $214,000

Taghd KENNELLY (SYD) (DEF) $204,700

Brad SHEPPARD (WCE) (DEF) $133,500

Bench:

Andrew MOORE (PORT) (DEF/FWD) $125,500

Dylan ROBERTSON (FREO) (DEF) $89,500

MIDFIELD

Gary ABLETT (GEEL) (MID) $522,000

Joel SELWOOD (GEEL) (MID) $453,400

Brendon GODDARD (STK) (MID/DEF) $455,700

Luke HODGE (HAW) (MID/DEF) $366,800

Jack TRENGOVE (MELB) (MID) $153,500

Dustin MARTIN (RICH) (MID) $149,500

Bench:

Tom SCULLY (MELB) (MID) $157,500

Mitch BANNER (PORT) (MID) $94,500

RUCKS

Aaron SANDILANDS (FREO) (RUC) $419,800

Hamish McINTOSH (NORTH) (RUC) $396,300

Bench:

Robbie WARNOCK (CARL) (RUC) $101,800

Matthew LOBBE (PORT) (RUC) $94,500

FORWARDS

Alan DIDAK (COLL) (FWD/MID) $451,300

Colin SYLVIA (MELB) (FWD) $418,750

Shaun HIGGINS (WBULL) (FWD) $389,500

Jack ZIEBELL (NORTH) (FWD/MID) $285,600

James POLKINGHORNE (BRIS) (FWD) $234,600

Patrick DANGERFIELD (ADEL) (FWD) $232,000

Taylor WALKER (ADEL) (FWD) $221,000

Bench:

Jack WATTS (MELB) (FWD) $145,000

Luke TAPSCOTT (MELB) (FWD) $89,500

Still got $154,200 left in the bank, so a bit of room to manouevre...

edit - think i'll move Hodge & Goddard into Defence (which is what i meant to do in the 1st place??!) So I can get a couple of cashcow mids into the mix..

More value for money in the 'Midfield' group as always.

B & J, putting two new draftees to start in the mid seems a little risky! (trengove and Martin). i'll bother with my team later.

Whats this thing about trading players positions?

When you're selecting your team, if you scroll down the column on the right with all the players in a selected position, say 'midfielders', you'll notice that some of them have (fwd) or (def) next to their names. For instance Goddard has (def) next to his name (if your scrolling thru the midfielders list), which means once you select him in your team he can play 'either' as a defender or a midfielder.

Previously, we were unable to sub players who had a dual-position status once we picked them. So if we picked Goddard as a midfielder, he 'had' to play in the midfield, even though he was listed as a defender as well (def/mid). You couldn't move him from the midfield to defence to cover for an injured or under-performing player..Now, you can move him freely between midfield and defence, and this is true for all other players who are nominated in 'dual positions'.

For this reason, its really important to look at the players listed in 'dual positions' because they'll make your team more flexible in dealing with injuries and under performing players. Unfortunately, there aren't too many of these players to pick from, but they could be really helpful in preserving your trades for later on if they perform. Hope this makes sense!

RE: Martin & Trengove..There's no real 'secret' method for picking a team, which is why I don't really care about discussing it openly. But, I just feel that Martin & Trengove will have massive 1st seasons if they can stay fit. They'll be picked week in week out, because they are gun youngsters in lower teams, and are both physically ready to cope with AFL football. I've got Scully on the bench who should play a lot as well, so he's a nice backup to have. With the new 'dual position' rule, I don't think its as much a risk picking two rookies in the starting line-up, because I can shift Hodge or Goddard to the midfield without having to burn a trade if Martin & Trengove don't play or whatever..

But as I said, they're guns, and they'll be DT superstars... I think Dustin Martin is probably Richmond's best midfielder already..

Daniel Kerr is only $271,600 and is "training the house down" haha

don't mind brad shepherd at $133,500. has been said to be stunning senior players with his skills and work ethic

Kerr does look relatively cheap and should improve in price if he stays fit - but that's the rub. I'm staying away from him because of his injury issues and poor disciplinary record at the tribunal. He's also likely to be tagged week in week out, although i think he'll get better support in the midfield than what he has had in the last 2 years. Could be a good cash cow, but is still a risk imo...

Sheppard looks an absolute monty for DT defences..Cheap, will play, and will go through the midfield and get plenty of touches. He's rated very highly at West Coast. They think he can win the Rising Star award..

But as I said, they're guns, and they'll be DT superstars... I think Dustin Martin is probably Richmond's best midfielder already..

My Richmond supporter mate says Martin has been beating Deledio consistently in one-on-one drills at training.

A good sign.

My Richmond supporter mate says Martin has been beating Deledio consistently in one-on-one drills at training.

A good sign.

I heard that too... I don't think he's that far behind Trengove & Scully in terms of potential tbh. Pity we didn't have the first 3 picks in the draft haha..

The other kid I like from Richmond DT wise is Jayden Post. Don't know how he figures in Damian Hardwick's plans yet, but is a potential ball magnet who can play off half-back and take a lot of marks, bit like Sam Fisher from the Saints. Watch the preseason form..

1. CHAPLIN, Troy

$312,000

(SYD)2. BOLTON, Craig

$272,900

(NTH)3. HANSEN, Lachie

$265,600

(MEL)4. FRAWLEY, James

$242,500

(SYD)5. KENNELLY, Tadhg

$204,700

(MEL)6. MARTIN, Stefan

$198,000

(HAW)7. LADSON, Rick

$185,100

MIDFIELDERS

8. SWAN, Dane

$523,500

(GEE)9. ABLETT, Gary

$522,000

(MEL)10. SYLVIA, Colin

$418,700

(ESS)11. WATSON, Jobe

$399,900

(PTA)12. DAVENPORT, Jason

$353,300 This one kills me, as pretty overpriced...but I know him, so I can't not choose him!

(RIC)13. COTCHIN, Trent

$296,200

RUCKS

(WCE)14. COX, Dean

$471,500

(ESS)15. HILLE, David

$237,300

FORWARDS

(GEE)16. CHAPMAN, Paul

$494,500

(FRE)17. PAVLICH, Matthew

$404,900

(SYD)18. BRADSHAW, Daniel

$310,100 $+0 ($+0)

(ESS)19. HURLEY, Michael

$273,300

(MEL)20. JURRAH, Liam

$260,600

21. HENDERSON, Lachie

$226,000

(FRE)22. MAYNE, Chris

$220,800

Bench includes: (defence) Sheppard, Carlisle, (mid) trengove, bastinac, (ruck) cordy, Gawn, (forward) butcher, tapscott

some players I want to trade already, but that'll do for now.

I heard that too... I don't think he's that far behind Trengove & Scully in terms of potential tbh. Pity we didn't have the first 3 picks in the draft haha..

The other kid I like from Richmond DT wise is Jayden Post. Don't know how he figures in Damian Hardwick's plans yet, but is a potential ball magnet who can play off half-back and take a lot of marks, bit like Sam Fisher from the Saints. Watch the preseason form..

Martin will be good, but I wonder about him psychologically.

Its not based on anything factual, just a feeling I get. I'd have gone for Scully and Trengove every single time.

Post won't be ready yet, I don't think. Maybe 2011.

Remember to look for players that will have the 'ball on a string' during a game. Try to figure out who the 'go-to' guys are in each teams backhalf. These players can get a ton of cheap marks and possessions, and rack up DT points for fun..

The ability to 'negate' your opponent counts for little in this game... ;)

A tentative 1st go at a side (bound to change a million times by R1...)

DEFENDERS

Jarrad WAITE (CARL) (DEF/FWD) $343,600

Adam McPHEE (FREO) (DEF/FWD) $340,800

Michael HURLEY (ESS) (DEF/FWD) $273,300

Scott SELWOOD (WCE) (DEF) $251,400

Jayden POST (RICH) (DEF) $214,000

Taghd KENNELLY (SYD) (DEF) $204,700

Brad SHEPPARD (WCE) (DEF) $133,500

Bench:

Andrew MOORE (PORT) (DEF/FWD) $125,500

Dylan ROBERTSON (FREO) (DEF) $89,500

MIDFIELD

Gary ABLETT (GEEL) (MID) $522,000

Joel SELWOOD (GEEL) (MID) $453,400

Brendon GODDARD (STK) (MID/DEF) $455,700

Luke HODGE (HAW) (MID/DEF) $366,800

Jack TRENGOVE (MELB) (MID) $153,500

Dustin MARTIN (RICH) (MID) $149,500

Bench:

Tom SCULLY (MELB) (MID) $157,500

Mitch BANNER (PORT) (MID) $94,500

RUCKS

Aaron SANDILANDS (FREO) (RUC) $419,800

Hamish McINTOSH (NORTH) (RUC) $396,300

Bench:

Robbie WARNOCK (CARL) (RUC) $101,800

Matthew LOBBE (PORT) (RUC) $94,500

FORWARDS

Alan DIDAK (COLL) (FWD/MID) $451,300

Colin SYLVIA (MELB) (FWD) $418,750

Shaun HIGGINS (WBULL) (FWD) $389,500

Jack ZIEBELL (NORTH) (FWD/MID) $285,600

James POLKINGHORNE (BRIS) (FWD) $234,600

Patrick DANGERFIELD (ADEL) (FWD) $232,000

Taylor WALKER (ADEL) (FWD) $221,000

Bench:

Jack WATTS (MELB) (FWD) $145,000

Luke TAPSCOTT (MELB) (FWD) $89,500

Still got $154,200 left in the bank, so a bit of room to manouevre...

edit - think i'll move Hodge & Goddard into Defence (which is what i meant to do in the 1st place??!) So I can get a couple of cashcow mids into the mix..

More value for money in the 'Midfield' group as always.

Bunch of Hacks in there.

also, league number for demonlanders is 647040. if you hadnt seen that on the other thread.

I'm in. I think I got the last spot in the league. Should be fun.

When you're selecting your team, if you scroll down the column on the right with all the players in a selected position, say 'midfielders', you'll notice that some of them have (fwd) or (def) next to their names. For instance Goddard has (def) next to his name (if your scrolling thru the midfielders list), which means once you select him in your team he can play 'either' as a defender or a midfielder.

Previously, we were unable to sub players who had a dual-position status once we picked them. So if we picked Goddard as a midfielder, he 'had' to play in the midfield, even though he was listed as a defender as well (def/mid). You couldn't move him from the midfield to defence to cover for an injured or under-performing player..Now, you can move him freely between midfield and defence, and this is true for all other players who are nominated in 'dual positions'.

For this reason, its really important to look at the players listed in 'dual positions' because they'll make your team more flexible in dealing with injuries and under performing players. Unfortunately, there aren't too many of these players to pick from, but they could be really helpful in preserving your trades for later on if they perform. Hope this makes sense!

This is a welcome change, I reckon. Now you don't have to waste trades if you've got spare midfielders and holes in the defence (e.g. Chad Cornes).

Another welcome change is the 'partial lockout' we've got in Round 1 and the Split Round. Because Richmond v Carlton is on the Thursday, and the rest of the teams don't come out until the Friday, only Richmond and Carlton players will be locked in on the Thursday. Then you can go back into your team and fiddle with players from the other 14 teams, until the full lockout on the Friday. Same deal with the Split Round. This makes things a lot easier.

Bunch of Hacks in there.

Cheers thanks for that Mr. Morton, i've taken your concerns on board and sacked the whole team haha.

Perhaps you could muster up the courage to post your own team so I can pick apart your 'pathetic' selections... :lol:

Seriously, people should post their teams. Perhaps we can put together a Demonland SuperTeam...

Another welcome change is the 'partial lockout' we've got in Round 1 and the Split Round. Because Richmond v Carlton is on the Thursday, and the rest of the teams don't come out until the Friday, only Richmond and Carlton players will be locked in on the Thursday. Then you can go back into your team and fiddle with players from the other 14 teams, until the full lockout on the Friday. Same deal with the Split Round. This makes things a lot easier.

Yes. That is a good change too. How many people got stung with Liam Anthony when he was withdrawn from the squad on the Friday. I still find myself shaking my head about that one..

A sensible move.

Cheers thanks for that Mr. Morton, i've taken your concerns on board and sacked the whole team haha.

Perhaps you could muster up the courage to post your own team so I can pick apart your 'pathetic' selections... :lol:

Seriously, people should post their teams. Perhaps we can put together a Demonland SuperTeam...

Autofill would smash your team....Kidding.

I have including some cheap HACKS in my team as a risk which will hopefully pay off.

D. Wells

T. Hentschel

and

C. Judd.

Autofill would smash your team....Kidding.

I have including some cheap HACKS in my team as a risk which will hopefully pay off.

D. Wells

T. Hentschel

and

C. Judd.

haha..I should try to do the 'autofill' option this year.. I might actually improve on my woeful past two seasons..

Wells could be a DT gun, but is ridiculously injury prone & has form slump issues when he is going..

Hentschel could be value (don't know his price this year??) Again, injuries are a concern with him.

Judd should score higher this year because Brock will do the majority of the 'grunt' work, freeing him up to do more downhill skiing..

haha..I should try to do the 'autofill' option this year.. I might actually improve on my woeful past two seasons..

Wells could be a DT gun, but is ridiculously injury prone & has form slump issues when he is going..

Hentschel could be value (don't know his price this year??) Again, injuries are a concern with him.

Judd should score higher this year because Brock will do the majority of the 'grunt' work, freeing him up to do more downhill skiing..

It is Well's first full preseason so far (touchwood).

Hentschel is dirt cheap, cant remember exact price.

A.Walker is another one who is cheap from injury last year.

It is Well's first full preseason so far (touchwood).

Hentschel is dirt cheap, cant remember exact price.

A.Walker is another one who is cheap from injury last year.

If Walker is moved into the midfield full time, he could be value. Ratten seems to play him all over the shop though, sort of a jack-of-all-trades. Don't really want him if he's playing run with roles or as a defender.

I reckon Kennelly's the pick of the long term injured/absent. Had his best pre-season yet. Rhys Palmer's another worth monitoring. Although, I heard he's had a hiccup in his comeback??

If Walker is moved into the midfield full time, he could be value. Ratten seems to play him all over the shop though, sort of a jack-of-all-trades. Don't really want him if he's playing run with roles or as a defender.

I reckon Kennelly's the pick of the long term injured. Had his best pre-season yet. Rhys Palmer's another worth monitoring. Although, I heard he's had a hiccup in his comeback??

946005 is the new DT league i've just made....

hey, im looking for a player in a position who can also play ruck, as cover, and so far only found Cam Cloke, who i'm not even sure will get a place at Port. Any ideas?

M. Lobbe for Port is a ruck/fwd.

I think he'll get a bit of game time this year and Cloke is a rookie at the moment anyway.

Cheap too.