Kid Dees ready to be men

Keyser Söze

Lets Hope the Club, coaches & leadership group all work together and have the ability to get the most and more out of these young kids for our clubs return to the pointy end of the ladder.

My Biggest fear in these next few years is that because nobody has been to the Top with this club, nobody actually knows how to squeeze that last bit of effort , in order to get there.

(That thought has just been quietly sitting at the back of my mind since this rebuild began 2 years ago-it's not a large fear, just a little nagging one)...

I am glad i got it out in the open!!......

Edited by why you little

It can be a fine line between pushing the young fella's, Scully and Trengove, with articles like this in the paper, and not heaping too much pressure on them. But Greeny obviously thinks there ready for the big time. I wonder if the club endorses him to make such comments?

If they're good enough, play 'em. Watts, Scully, Trengove, Strauss, Blease, Gysberts Tapscott and even Jordie McKenzie and Bail need as much game time as can be pumped into them in the next two years. It won't be easy as the slightly more experienced group of Grimes, Jurrah, Garland, Wonaemirri, Petterd, Martin, Maric, Jetta, Bennell, Cheney and McNamara will hopefully be demanding game time and they need it too. Even Frawley, Morton and Warnock who are almost senior players with just 40 games under their belts.

This group isn't going to magically transform into a premiership contender until games are put into young legs. There's no better teacher than experience. I hope the FD is brave at the selection table and rewards the youngsters when they're showing form in the VFL. If there are any line ball decisions between a senior NQR and a kid, I hope the kid gets the nod every time. I'd rather we won 6 games with Watts learning to play as a KPF than win 9 because Miller found form at FF for example.