Indigenous Talent

WonnaJurah

Lewis Jetta, who has been mentioned, and Roland Ah Chee have been standouts so far this year.

Ah Chee picked up 30 disposals and kicked 2 goals against ACT at the U18 championships.

Jetta in particular could be a bit of a bolter. Had some very good performances in the WAFL toward the end of the season. May go first or early second round.

Lewis Jetta could be a steal at no.18 but that depends on who we get with our earlier picks.

I have no doubt whatsoever that we will go big with pick 18, unless a player like Rohan is still on the board at that stage. Which he won't be.

Had a talk with a couple of my cousins this afternoon and we think that we should all be avilable in the mid-to-late rounds of the draft if any club is looking for one or two armchair heroes in their mid-30s with indifferent dietry habits and a checkered off-field history. Burp.

If the clubs are looking for something other than this, here's a list of potential indigenous 2009 draftees. Feel free to add any Ive missed.

There's some famous and familiar names amongst the group.

Farren Priest. Vic.

Allan Christensen. Vic.

Daniel Scott-Colling S.A.

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/705/

Byron Sumner. S.A.

Derek Wanganeen. S.A.

http://www.portmagpies.com.au/player_profile.php?pid=4453

Nathan Ah Mat-Watkins N.T.

http://www.westadelaidefc.com.au/files/Nat...l%20Journey.pdf

Shannon Rioli N.T

Roland Ah Chee. N.T.

http://www.norwoodfc.com.au/THE_TEAM/PLAYE...landAhChee.aspx

Deon Gordon. N.T.

http://www.territoryfc.com.au/index.php?id=79

Troy Taylor. N.T

http://www.territoryfc.com.au/index.php?id=55

Anthony Long. N.T.

Patrick Heenan. N.T.

http://www.territoryfc.com.au/index.php?id=94

James Puautjimi. N.T.

http://www.territoryfc.com.au/index.php?id=65

Mitch Taylor. N.T.

Charlie McAdam. N.T

http://www.territoryfc.com.au/index.php?id=54

Cameron Kickett. W.A.

http://wafl.pro-stats.com.au/colts/web/pla...ile?pid=1017724

Aaron Turvey. W.A.

http://wafl.pro-stats.com.au/colts/web/pla...rofile?pid=9057

Gerald Ugle. W.A.

Harley Bennell. W.A.

http://wafl.pro-stats.com.au/colts/web/pla...rofile?pid=9096

Clinton Garlett. W.A.

Joel Houghton. W.A.

http://wafl.pro-stats.com.au/colts/web/pla...ofile?pid=24846

Nicholas Winmar. W.A.

http://wafl.pro-stats.com.au/colts/web/pla...file?pid=102614

Anthony Kyanga. W.A.

Lewis Jetta. W.A.

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21...5005401,00.html

http://www.sportingpulse.com/nf/team_info....0-80962-4320168

Gerrick Weedon. W.A.

http://wafl.pro-stats.com.au/colts/web/pla...file?pid=637486

Lewis Jetta was BOG with three goals from a wing on Saturday. Said to have good pace and excellent kicking skills.

With the recruiting of Jetta, Bennell, Jurrah, Wonna of late i was wondering if there is any other talented Aboriginals in the draft this year as we have had a good history is spotting good aboriginal talent

I'm sorry, but this annoys me, it's Aboriginies, not Aboriginals.

As for the purpose of the thread, I read somewhere we're looking at a guy in the NT. Not sure of his name.

I'm sorry, but this annoys me, it's Aboriginies, not Aboriginals.

As for the purpose of the thread, I read somewhere we're looking at a guy in the NT. Not sure of his name.

Someone who knows the difference between a noun and an adjective! Are you lost or something?

Re Pierce Liddle, do we have any advantage in recruiting him given that he is already associated with our club? Are we able to nominate him as a rookie or something or does he have to go into the ND first?

Someone who knows the difference between a noun and an adjective! Are you lost or something?

Re Pierce Liddle, do we have any advantage in recruiting him given that he is already associated with our club? Are we able to nominate him as a rookie or something or does he have to go into the ND first?

Well, we'd definitely have an advantage after seeing him play a few games for Casey. Not sure about your second question. We'd most likely rookie him I would think.

With the recruiting of Jetta, Bennell, Jurrah, Wonna of late i was wondering if there is any other talented Aboriginals in the draft this year as we have had a good history is spotting good aboriginal talent

C.C. has stated at a function he wanted LEWIS JETTA last year.

when he was up in NT last year to speak with JETTA family as his attention was grabbed then.

BUT WAS TOO EARLY.

will be extremely fortunate TO GET as stocks have risen and HE HAS STATED HE WANTS TO BE PICKED By THE EAGLES.

will be a fluke to be still available at 18.

Nope it's no advantage for us apart from having the chance to have seen him up close and in the flesh. It's just like how flash was invited to spend a season with Port Melbourne when they were aligned with North and Jurrah played some games with Collingwood's reserves, they still had to go into the draft and couldn't go straight to those clubs. Very fortunate for us also I must say.

Hi all

I went to a football "day" the other week at Maroochydore. I live on the Sunny Coast, and play football for a Maroochydore team. Our senior and reserves team were playing their first final, but in between those two games was the Northern Territory vs Aspley game in the Velocity Sports Cup (formerly knows as the QAFL).

While the day was a "break-up" for the Maroochy team I play for (as we had been eliminated from the finals the week before), a few of us had consumed a number of drinks in the 29 degree conditions.

Anyway, half way through the NT/Aspley game, I ventured toward the bar where they had the Melb/Carl game on TV. There were about 6 Dees supporters watching the game (that many Melbourne supporters in one place was a shock on its own!), and I started talking to a middle-aged husband and wife about the MFC in general (ie. our coach, our players, and our dream draft picks).

Anyway, to cut a long story short, a couple of us agreed that Bailey is doing a stellar job, but will need to show improvement this year. We also commented that Melbourne would be mad to take anyone but Sculley and Trengove with our first 2 picks, as they are by far the 2 best players available at the moment, the WA boy a very close third but I'm nervous about the homesick thing! I also made the comment that while Butcher was very, very tempting, it's obvious we don't need to pick him up as they are grooming Stef Martin for that Full Forward role, with Jack Watts the CHF. This would give us a very similar set up to St Kilda, with Reiwoldt and Kosi (apologies for the spelling), as well as the twin tower option similar to Hawthorn.

Once we got a few things like that off our chest, a man in plain clothes walked past gave me a fair old pat on the guts (caught me off guard as I was taking a drink!), and said that he works for the MFC and has been listening to us, and said that we are exactly correct in what we said about the clubs opinion on Bailey, and how we are developing Martin and the 2 boys we will pick up. By the time I got my breath back, swallowed my beer, and looked at the couple I was talking to, we all pretty much said "who the hell does that bloke think he is?!!" By the time I turned around, the bloke was gone, and by the time I realise I should've chased after him, he was nowhere to be seen.

Getting to the point, I tried to google some of Melbourne's Qld scouts, but oobviously they are very mysterious characters. I thought what the heck, I'll google for Barry Predergast (as I have heard so much about him and never actually seen a picture of him), sure enough, it was the great man himself. I am the first to admit, I had a number of beers that day, but I didn't forget his face in a hurry, especially as he (accidentally) knocked the wind out of me!

2 key points;

1) I can only believe what I heard from him about getting Scullery and Trengove, and...

2) What the bloody hell was he doing at Maroochy on a Saturday arvo (considering I played the week before and wasn't playing that day!!!). Obviously he was there to watch parts of the NT game and had seen enough.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to find out who they were watching, but one would think that there is an original Australian running around in that team to make it worth his whiole to come up and watch (apart from the weather!!!).

Based on our current crop of players, I have been trying my hardest to find a red-haired aboriginal running around, I think he would fit straight in! But it will be interesting to see if we do pick up a NT player in this years draft.

Hi all

I went to a football "day" the other week at Maroochydore. I live on the Sunny Coast, and play football for a Maroochydore team. Our senior and reserves team were playing their first final, but in between those two games was the Northern Territory vs Aspley game in the Velocity Sports Cup (formerly knows as the QAFL).

While the day was a "break-up" for the Maroochy team I play for (as we had been eliminated from the finals the week before), a few of us had consumed a number of drinks in the 29 degree conditions.

Anyway, half way through the NT/Aspley game, I ventured toward the bar where they had the Melb/Carl game on TV. There were about 6 Dees supporters watching the game (that many Melbourne supporters in one place was a shock on its own!), and I started talking to a middle-aged husband and wife about the MFC in general (ie. our coach, our players, and our dream draft picks).

Anyway, to cut a long story short, a couple of us agreed that Bailey is doing a stellar job, but will need to show improvement this year. We also commented that Melbourne would be mad to take anyone but Sculley and Trengove with our first 2 picks, as they are by far the 2 best players available at the moment, the WA boy a very close third but I'm nervous about the homesick thing! I also made the comment that while Butcher was very, very tempting, it's obvious we don't need to pick him up as they are grooming Stef Martin for that Full Forward role, with Jack Watts the CHF. This would give us a very similar set up to St Kilda, with Reiwoldt and Kosi (apologies for the spelling), as well as the twin tower option similar to Hawthorn.

Once we got a few things like that off our chest, a man in plain clothes walked past gave me a fair old pat on the guts (caught me off guard as I was taking a drink!), and said that he works for the MFC and has been listening to us, and said that we are exactly correct in what we said about the clubs opinion on Bailey, and how we are developing Martin and the 2 boys we will pick up. By the time I got my breath back, swallowed my beer, and looked at the couple I was talking to, we all pretty much said "who the hell does that bloke think he is?!!" By the time I turned around, the bloke was gone, and by the time I realise I should've chased after him, he was nowhere to be seen.

Getting to the point, I tried to google some of Melbourne's Qld scouts, but oobviously they are very mysterious characters. I thought what the heck, I'll google for Barry Predergast (as I have heard so much about him and never actually seen a picture of him), sure enough, it was the great man himself. I am the first to admit, I had a number of beers that day, but I didn't forget his face in a hurry, especially as he (accidentally) knocked the wind out of me!

2 key points;

1) I can only believe what I heard from him about getting Scullery and Trengove, and...

2) What the bloody hell was he doing at Maroochy on a Saturday arvo (considering I played the week before and wasn't playing that day!!!). Obviously he was there to watch parts of the NT game and had seen enough.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to find out who they were watching, but one would think that there is an original Australian running around in that team to make it worth his whiole to come up and watch (apart from the weather!!!).

Based on our current crop of players, I have been trying my hardest to find a red-haired aboriginal running around, I think he would fit straight in! But it will be interesting to see if we do pick up a NT player in this years draft.

Ewing is a good player for the Thunder,prob to old to be drafted though

Based on our current crop of players, I have been trying my hardest to find a red-haired aboriginal running around.

Well one of my aunties dyes her hair red. Not sure why, but for as long as I can remember, she's always had a red dye job.

We've coined the term 'Rangariginie.' She doesnt think its funny.

New video up on Youtube of Lewis Jetta's game against Claremont. Really came into it in the last quarter.

Jetta looks very good. Would love to see him in a Melbourne jumper. Dont think we will see that though. Will be interesting to see where he lands.