Jack Watts

jabberwocky

Not quite mate, I said I thought he would end up like James Hird.

I also suspected that the club was instructing him to stay away from packs, clearly got that wrong too.

It does highlight that Jack was not ready to play senior footy. He should not have been rewarded with selection for playing that style of game. We may still be paying the price.

Do you mean banished from the game in disgrace??

• Like 1

I think this article from the 16/04/14 by Harry Taylor encapsulates what I think Watts has missing from his game.

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/geelong-cats/fit-for-footy-means-never-forgetting-the-power-of-the-mind-20140423-zqvjv.html

It's this and this alone.

Sure, Watts could do with a bit more muscle, been we've all seen others do more with less.

I doubt anyone will disagree.

• Like 1

I have been reading most threads on this website for the last couple of months and have come to the conclusion that all posters except saty are drama queens, I would also suspect that you are the kind of supporters who constantly bag the opposition players and your own team from the safety behind the fence, real heroes. I suggest that you all *uck off and follow Collingwood.

• Like 1

I have been reading most threads on this website for the last couple of months and have come to the conclusion that all posters except saty are drama queens, I would also suspect that you are the kind of supporters who constantly bag the opposition players and your own team from the safety behind the fence, real heroes. I suggest that you all *uck off and follow Collingwood.

Says the guy who comes on an opposition team's forum and bags its fans...

• Like 1

And You have a nice day Rob.

Surely your world is not this bad.

Take a breath, have a coffee go for a walk around the block.

. I suggest that you all *uck off and follow Collingwood.

we do follow collingwood.

every time they lose we send up a cheer for the common man.

welcome to demonland gorgonzolla breath.

Feel better now princess?

Say hi to saty for me.

• Like 1

P-man, never felt better and you may feel good when you get a pair of jewells.

P-Man, you must have quivered at RW's erudite retort? Not!!!! At least if you are going to slag off at someone, you would reckon you could get your spelling right. It might just be that RW's jewels are in his head.

Jewels? Sweet. As long as I can pawn them. I'm a bit skint at the moment rob. The missus keeps going clothes shopping..

Listen to me boring you with my fiscal problems. Sorry. I'll [censored] off to Collingwood now and leave you in peace.

So you think supporting a club means you are therefore excluded from expressing opinions critical to players ? Following your logic, if you shouldn't criticise the players then you shouldn't criticise the management and the board ? And by that logic when you as a member see a totally inept board ( sorry for being critical), at the AGM you must sit on your hands as voting against them is voicing criticism.

If you voiced your opinion saying that over the top rants and personal abuse on players is not on then I agree with you. But this forum is set up to voice both praise and criticism. I applaud Saty's loyalty to players but at times feel it is a little misplaced - of late he has moved more to the centre and expressed opinions on Tappy, Strauss and Blease that if they cant get out and play AFL they will be gone by years end ( damning from Saty !).

There are posters who criticise here with some intellectual rigour to back up their criticism - they don't go over the top and abuse and that's fine by me.

nobody cares what you think, why are you reading this site then hero? PO

Been some great comedy on DL of late. Big, bad Rob Wilson is DL's new comedy hero - who by the by needs some practice with his punctuation, assuming he meant he has been a member for 34 years rather than GTG as his erudite riposte suggests

• Like 1

nutbean, I haven't noticed too many posters with intellectual rigour,gotta run now,I have to knock off some jewels (jewells) for p-man, seeing he is so skint.

Then perhaps demonland is not the best place for you ?

Also helps if you are in a team that does not really need you the first few years.

I think the slight mistake Roos made with Watts was trying to turn him into a midfielder. Sure we were low on mids but beside his first game our midfield has been quite good and he really hasn't had that much of an impact.

I just last year he really was starting to hit some big straps as a forward and I thought with the form he was hitting towards the end of the year he could hopefully take that into Pre Season and train full time as a forward and atleast bulk up a bit instead of trimming like he did this summer.

I do understand what Roos was trying to do with him in regards to becoming a mid but I thought his form as a forward was just too good to ignore.

Too many times Watts has been moved around too much and against St Kilda it would have been handy to have Watts up forward full time. We did draft him as a forward and I trully believe thats his best spot. A couple of times last year him and Dawes really worked well together.

Edited by dazzledavey36

against St Kilda it would have been handy to have Watts up forward full time.

dude he was clearly our best player that day and he was in the middle - the fact he has done SFA since then is the issue

• Like 1