Jack Watts

jabberwocky

Sorry and thirdly and most importantly:

That he'll learn that you have to stand up and take the hits sometimes, you can't rely and hide behind your mates all the time.

for the last time

you cant shovel gutz into a coward

you cannot make people tuffer

either you got it or you aint

im afraid watts has talent ,gutz zero

for the last timeyou cant shovel gutz into a cowardyou cannot make people tuffereither you got it or you aintim afraid watts has talent ,gutz zero

I agree, but you can remove the fear of getting hurt.

IMO to achieve this he has to get hit hard regularly so that he realizes it's not as bad as what he fears.

It's the only way he'll develop any further.

for the last time

you cant shovel gutz into a coward

you cannot make people tuffer

either you got it or you aint

im afraid watts has talent ,gutz zero

this is my greatest concern now of lil ol Jackie.

Talent and ability a given

Drive , mettle and fortitude ?? not convinced

• Like 1

I agree, but you can remove the fear of getting hurt.

IMO to achieve this he has to get hit hard regularly so that he realizes it's not as bad as what he fears.

It's the only way he'll develop any further.

Didn't Moloney take him to Warrnambool one weekend and box the crap out of him?

Thanks, Beamer, he's gone backwards!! ;)

Green was soft. Shirked contests all the time, waited outside packs.

What a complete load of tripe, I watched him backing into oncoming packs to mark the ball all the time

Green was not a naturally hard player...head over the ball player. But he was crazy brave at times.

• Like 1

Didn't Moloney take him to Warrnambool one weekend and box the crap out of him?

Thanks, Beamer, he's gone backwards!! ;)

yes that was at Rodney rudes gym

rocking Rodney coached deakin university and was a runner for the dees at one stage

gave away a famous free kick and was talk of town for a while

He has said he doesn't know if he wants to play for the club. That's enough for me to want to get a decent trade going and forget about player attachment.

I think the reverse. There may be all sorts of reasons for wanting to trade Watts, but I don't think this is one of them. Few players have any loyalty to a club these days. Would Hawthorn supporters say trade Buddy for no other reason than he hasn't fully committed to the club?

(No, I'm not saying Watts is as valuable as Buddy, just saying there are more important reasons to trade/retain than commitment these days. Also not saying the way Watts spoke reflected well on him.)

If I were the new coach and watts stayed my first job would to toughen him up.

For one day every week I'd put him in the ring with Clarkey and tell him to punch the crap out of him.

One, it'll teach him to box and he'll learn how to block pretty quick.

And secondly, it'll make him realize that s%#t I'm taking a hammering but I've survived.

WOW! Tough guy!

And they didn't offer you the job...

no.browny played for south Warrnambool.

leon Cameron south warrn

Jordan lewis Warrnambool

billy smedts nth warrn

gary rohan cobden

Jackson merit cobden

ben cunnington cobden

luke Thompson timboon

good league down here

• Like 1

I think the reverse. There may be all sorts of reasons for wanting to trade Watts, but I don't think this is one of them. Few players have any loyalty to a club these days. Would Hawthorn supporters say trade Buddy for no other reason than he hasn't fully committed to the club?

(No, I'm not saying Watts is as valuable as Buddy, just saying there are more important reasons to trade/retain than commitment these days. Also not saying the way Watts spoke reflected well on him.)

The difference Sue is Buddy is 'realised' Jackie is 'potential"

We're really just tired of all this potential at Melb !! lil bit over it.

Edited. I've been using that word in the wrong context for too long it seems.

I wouldn't worry. It's used in that manner frequently enough that it's surely not long before the dictionary catches up.

Have you seen the definition of 'literally' that google serves up? The second usage is - literally - the antonym of literally. Words evolve.

The difference Sue is Buddy is 'realised' Jackie is 'potential"

We're really just tired of all this potential at Melb !! lil bit over it.

True, but you miss my point. The OP said :

He has said he doesn't know if he wants to play for the club. That's enough for me to want to get a decent trade going and forget about player attachment.

I said there may be lots of reasons to trade someone (as you believe applies in Watts' case), but the above is not sufficient to want to trade someone, eg. Buddy.

• Like 1

Sue i was purely referencing your notion of the lack of committal. ( as per OP ) My point is what is the elements(S) that define the relevance of that as a tipping point

In Watts case he has little on the board, so his leverage cant be the same as Buddy of whom we know much. thats all :)

I wouldn't worry. It's used in that manner frequently enough that it's surely not long before the dictionary catches up.

Have you seen the definition of 'literally' that google serves up? The second usage is - literally - the antonym of literally. Words evolve.

bit like "sick" (or "gay")

Sue i was purely referencing your notion of the lack of committal. ( as per OP ) My point is what is the elements(S) that define the relevance of that as a tipping point

In Watts case he has little on the board, so his leverage cant be the same as Buddy of whom we know much. thats all :)

Fair enough BB. My intent was to critique the OP's bald statement, which if accepted would say lack of commitment is sufficient to trade someone as good as Buddy. I think you'd agree that it is not sufficient, though one would prefer star player with commitment. I agree with what you say about about relative leverage of course.

• Like 1

WOW! Tough guy!

And they didn't offer you the job...

I appreciate that it's not the conservative way, however how would you propose they can either toughen him up and/or remove his fear of getting hurt?

I appreciate that it's not the conservative way, however how would you propose they can either toughen him up and/or remove his fear of getting hurt?

scaredy is as scaredy does :unsure: