SHANE VALENTI

LITTLE STINGA

What are they doing with Valenti? and why did they recruit him when really they were never gonna give him a chance? Bailey said he was going to play him but hasn't but he continues to play McLean and McDonald when they look like cripples out there, refusing to change the midfield that isn't working. The selection commitee has a lot to answer for how can they play Wheatley ahead of Cheney or any struggling youngster like Dunn, Bartram, Newton or even Bell surely we must see if they are part of our future. Wheatley is a list clogger plain and simple.

Im very annoyed with the fact they do play him and give him a decent run of games.

Mclean sould be dropped due to form. Jmac should have o fight for his spot.

Give the kid a ____ chance.

Valenti's form at Casey has been solid, but not outstanding... If you hold Valenti to the same standards everyone seems to hold Newton to before he gets another go for Melbourne, then he's nowhere near it... He needs to get 30 possessions and 10 clearances a game in that case...

Having said that, I think they should both be playing right now.

Unfortunately for Shane the last thing the MFC needs right now is another slow inside midfielder with a suspect kick, we already have Jones, McDonald, Mclean, Moloney and add in Bruce to fill that role.

If Shane was a yard or two quicker with a pin point kick he would be playing, in fact any midfielder we have on our list that is quick with good skills would be playing.

Argued with RR about Valenti, I really want him to get a run of games but...

McLean up unitl last week was managing his injury well and had a great month of footy leading up to his diabolical game against the Lions.

Macca is the captain, and the most decorated player on our list. He deserves to play when fit.

Jones has been better this season, but still very patchy.

Moloney has ran the gammet from consistent to fantastic this season.

Some on here are convinced that three of these players, who are similar to Valenti, cannot play together and we have four in at the moment.

My personal wish is that McLean prepares for next season with 6 rounds to go and Valenti gets a month and a half to show he is worth a spot on the list in 2010.

JMac should "succumb" to his "knee Injury" and retire next week. Whelan, Wheatley, Bell, Johnson and Robertson should all go back to Casey and only play if they totally rip it up at that level. Mclean should go off to surgey and sprint training. Bruce should be given a few weeks rest due to "injury"

Cheney, Newton, Maric, Valenti, Watts, Bail, McNamara, Strauss, Bennel and Jetta should play out the season and only get demoted if injured or their form is really terrible. Time to start building for next year.

I've got a feeling something like this may happen soon.

JMac should "succumb" to his "knee Injury" and retire next week. Whelan, Wheatley, Bell, Johnson and Robertson should all go back to Casey and only play if they totally rip it up at that level. Mclean should go off to surgey and sprint training. Bruce should be given a few weeks rest due to "injury"

Cheney, Newton, Maric, Valenti, Watts, Bail, McNamara, Strauss, Bennel and Jetta should play out the season and only get demoted if injured or their form is really terrible. Time to start building for next year.

LOL i wish they would do that, but imo there is no chance they would.

I don't, not while Bailey is in charge.

Argued with RR about Valenti, I really want him to get a run of games but...

McLean up unitl last week was managing his injury well and had a great month of footy leading up to his diabolical game against the Lions.

Macca is the captain, and the most decorated player on our list. He deserves to play when fit.

Jones has been better this season, but still very patchy.

Moloney has ran the gammet from consistent to fantastic this season.

Some on here are convinced that three of these players, who are similar to Valenti, cannot play together and we have four in at the moment.

My personal wish is that McLean prepares for next season with 6 rounds to go and Valenti gets a month and a half to show he is worth a spot on the list in 2010.

Agree totally, for Brock's sake as well as Valenti's. ATM we don't have enough information to be certain whether Valenti deserves to be kept (& upgraded) or not at the end of the year. He needs a run of games in the Dees for us to be sure about him. We can't afford to hang onto more than 1 or 2 who haven't really shown it yet in the hope that they'll come good. On the other hand, if he was really ripping it up for Casey - not just a good contributor - it would make the decision very easy.

I like him a lot, he really adds something to Casey when he's on his game. But it's all in his hands really - if his performances can't snare him a place in the worst midfield in the AFL, he can kiss AFL goodbye. I hope he does it.

Valenti will be DELISTED....

You don't have to yell that...

And he's not even listed, so it would be hard to be delisted.

Good luck to him. The next three months will be the defining time of his football career.

Good luck to him. The next three months will be the defining time of his football career.

What started as excitment over Valenti (having been awarded VFL young player of the year) has gradually turned into dissappointment. Unfortunately if the MFC wants to persist with the Valentis and the Newtons they could get something back, for awhile....but eventually the bubble will burst, as it did from 2007 till today, in the form of incompetant veterans.

Mate, he will be DELISTED off the rookie list, lets face it, he is not up to AFL standard, wborth the punt, but it has gone as well as having Trent Zomer on the rookie list.... which is an EPIC FAIL....

Mate, he will be DELISTED off the rookie list, lets face it, he is not up to AFL standard, wborth the punt, but it has gone as well as having Trent Zomer on the rookie list.... which is an EPIC FAIL....

Under what are you judging by saying his not upto afl standard.

Just imagine a player like say, colin sylvia wasnt such a high draft pic was given the same chance as valenti.

Even comparing watts if i dare, just say he wasnt a high draft pic and i just said judging by the games ive seen his not afl standard. Good school footy player and under 18s player but not afl.

Just give him a chance! I dont understand why the dees would keep him rookied for soo long yet not give him a chance!

Unfortunately for Shane the last thing the MFC needs right now is another slow inside midfielder with a suspect kick, we already have Jones, McDonald, Mclean, Moloney and add in Bruce to fill that role.

It's lucky that Velanti is a good kick then. It is in no way "suspect". He isn't the quickest runner, but he has very quick hands, quick kicking skills and a very quick mind.

It's lucky that Velanti is a good kick then. It is in no way "suspect". He isn't the quickest runner, but he has very quick hands, quick kicking skills and a very quick mind.

I agree alot of people say his kicking is bad, wich leads to other peopel just assuming that.

Valenti has a good kick.

You have no clue.

He should be given the chance to prove himself as he has played well at Casey all year.

Valenti is one of those players that is excellent at VFL level but is borderline at best at AFL level

He has had his chances and failed to impress

His future at MFC is grim IMO

Supporters have got to seperate their heart from their brains when making judgements on players

MFC will never win anything with players rated by most as borderline

He has had his chances and failed to impress

Supporters have got to seperate their heart from their brains when making judgements on players

MFC will never win anything with players rated by most as borderline

That one game he had for the year is enough chances is it. Then what about McLean, Rivers, Jones and McDonald.

When Bailey comes out and says that he will continue to play him then doesn't I would say that is pretty dishonest and I would like to know why he has changed his mind.

I would say that most of the team are borderline but have had a lot more chances than him.

That one game he had for the year is enough chances is it. Then what about McLean, Rivers, Jones and McDonald.

When Bailey comes out and says that he will continue to play him then doesn't I would say that is pretty dishonest and I would like to know why he has changed his mind.

I would say that most of the team are borderline but have had a lot more chances than him.

Exactly, and concidering were redeveloping i dont see why were not giving someone who shows great signs at vfl a go.

As for his chances, he barely gets the oppurtunity to string games together, not fair imo.

The problem with Valenti is he is limited to certain positions

He cant play KP or RUCK and he has no speed so WING isnt an option

At VFL level he is best at ON THE BALL

When he got his chance ON THE BALL at AFL level what was your observation ?

The next question is who do you drop for him ?

Bailey played MIDFIELD and knows exactly what skillset is required

Bailey in fact was Similar to Valenti

The next question is who do you drop for him ?

Bailey played MIDFIELD and knows exactly what skillset is required

Bailey in fact was Similar to Valenti

Well, it's not obvious to me that the midfield is doing so well at the moment that nobody deserves to be dropped to give someone else a go. I can't see how the midfield could be worse with Valenti there.

If you're right about Bailey, then if he was treated better than Valenti & was given more chances than Valenti to prove himself, then Valenti should at least get the chances that he got. If he was himself treated just as badly as Valenti and wasn't given a fair chance to prove himself, then he should know better than to treat Valenti the same way.

My point is that it is neither fair nor intelligent list management to dump Valenti without giving him one last chance. If they intend to upgrade him anyway at the end of the year, well it doesn't matter, though it's a strange way to do it.

There's 10 rounds to go including tomorrow. There are a number of fringe players that we need to know more about before deciding whether they're still with us in 2010, with Valenti at the head of the queue. At it stands it's a gamble either way whether we keep them or delist them. Whether we win a few games or lose them all is of less consequence for the next few years than whether we start 2010 with the best list at our disposal. To do that, players like Valenti have to be given a string of games to show us what they can do.