Jack Watts may debut V's Essendon at Etihad in rd 12

http://www.theage.com.au/news/rfnews/cousi...0982468704.html

An Age article is suggesting that Watts could debut V's Essendon at Etihad in round 12. Not sure if this is a genuine plan or a throw-away line.

I would suggest they debut him in round 14 v's West Coast at the MCG, so we can increase what will most likely be another poor crowd. I'd imagine the crowd would increase by up to 5,000 as many demon fans (and some neutral fans) will be anxious to see the kid make his debut. This could be the difference between making a modest profit on the gate as opposed to writing another painful cheque to the G.

Thoughts.

I think there would be more money to be made by increasing the size of the dons game ( assuming it is a home game). Neutral supporters are more likely to want to see a game vs dons than west coast. Anyway after jack kicks 10 in round 13 & 14 every man and his dog will want to come and see him play in round 14.

Are they deliberately holding him back so he can debut in an easier game? I know I isn't that simple but for him to come out and say that is a bit strange. Probably a good idea in some ways but I think I would rather him just say that he is hoping to be pushing for selection in X weeks.

I think there would be more money to be made by increasing the size of the dons game ( assuming it is a home game). Neutral supporters are more likely to want to see a game vs dons than west coast. Anyway after jack kicks 10 in round 13 & 14 every man and his dog will want to come and see him play in round 14.

That Essendon game is an away game, so all the money would go to Essendon. Hense my assertion that Watts should debut in a home game.

An Age article is suggesting that Watts could debut V's Essendon at Etihad in round 12. Not sure if this is a genuine plan or a throw-away line.

I would suggest they debut him in round 14 v's West Coast at the MCG, so we can increase what will most likely be another poor crowd. I'd imagine the crowd would increase by up to 5,000 as many demon fans (and some neutral fans) will be anxious to see the kid make his debut. This could be the difference between making a modest profit on the gate as opposed to writing another painful cheque to the G.

Thoughts.

I agree with you entierly. Think it would be better for him starting on the larger MCG ground also. I'd like to see him debut in the round 14 match against West Coast also to increase the crowd or possibly even the round 11 Queens Birthday match against Collingwood. Could possibly turn a 50,000 crowd into a 60,000-70,000 crowd.

I agree with you entierly. Think it would be better for him starting on the larger MCG ground also. I'd like to see him debut in the round 14 match against West Coast also to increase the crowd or possibly even the round 11 Queens Birthday match against Collingwood. Could possibly turn a 50,000 crowd into a 60,000-70,000 crowd.

My reasoning has nothing to do with the P & L statement.

I would prefer Watts to debut in a game against a weak defense. He is only going to be pinching a few games this year before he starts what I imagine will be a hard pre season for him. I would much prefer he gets his confidence right up and bag a few good goals, as apposed to getting smashed in an AFL game, in which the pace and grown men are going to blow him away. Hes still a string bean!!

I would prefer Watts to debut when he's ready, not when we're ready. If that means he debuts in Round 16 at Geelong, then so be it.

I'd imagine that eveyone would agree with you, but then it's a matter of timing. How would you feel about delaying his start for a home game at the 'G.

That Essendon game is an away game, so all the money would go to Essendon. Hense my assertion that Watts should debut in a home game.

Yes , then I agree with you, at the very least we should debut him on our home game. If that means he is a week early or a week late then so be it. Of course I would expect the club not to say as much.

Thoughts.

come on the club aint going to debut him just for a home game to make money it wont happen like yesterdays game at coburg the punters went to see Cousins

just like the first game he played that made Richmond a tidy profit along with getting him to their club with memberships merchandise and sponsors we dont have that sort of player to create that buzz just yet

I'd imagine that eveyone would agree with you, but then it's a matter of timing. How would you feel about delaying his start for a home game at the 'G.

We might not get a choice, considering he's still got school commitments. Of course it would be better money-wise if he made his debut at a home game at the G, but I don't want us manipulating everything to make it happen if it would be much easier just to let him debut at a different ground.