Meesen

demonsflag555657

Although all indications point towards Meesen not having his contract renewed we have to remember that prior to last year he hadn't played for two full seasons due to injuries. Being a big guy it was always going to take him at least a year to find any sort of form.

Sure he'll probably get delisted by I still think he was worth a shot considering our ruck stocks at the time we traded for him.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although all indications point towards Meesen not having his contract renewed we have to remember that prior to last year he hadn't played for two full seasons due to injuries. Being a big guy it was always going to take him at least a year to find any sort of form.

Sure he'll probably get delisted by I still think he was worth a shot considering our ruck stocks at the time we traded for him.

He definitely played a fair bit in the SANFL before he came to us, so I doubt that he missed 2 full seasons. And I thought that he had another year to run on his contract?

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
Would love to see the guy get a shot at AFL level for the Demons.

He could surprise a few of you.

your a joke, he wouldnt get a game for POOWONG.

your a joke, he wouldnt get a game for POOWONG.

I cant be bothered explaining the game of football to you cos it would probably take me a week since you are a tad thick.

But I will say that there are certain players who seem to play better at AFL level than VFL, and Meesen could be that type.

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
I cant be bothered explaining the game of football to you cos it would probably take me a week since you are a tad thick.

But I will say that there are certain players who seem to play better at AFL level than VFL, and Meesen could be that type.

I look forward to us insulting each other over the coming season< at least you know i wont report you for abuse, :lol: your the guy that thinks sylvia will kick 60 and earn all AUST,your full of IT if im thick your brains concrete.

It's all about Jake "the Snake" Spencer, he actually plays with some heart and aggression something we haven't seen at the MFC since the days of Stynesy. His shove on Goodes whilst he was trying to pick himself up from the ground was awesome to watch. If Meesen is picked it will just be another addition to the long line of soft athletically gifted hack ruckman that have plagued us in recent years. What I would give if we could have traded Jeff White to Sydney instead of Darren Jolly back in 2004.

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
Calm down Ripper, before you burst a blood vessel.
i thought you followed the tigers, after i read your first post, do you wear a netball skirt, 60 Goals from sylvia ,my reply is whos lifting that skirt up.

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
Calm down Ripper, before you burst a blood vessel.
dont be like a vagrant and just vanish, if you got any worthwhile argument state you case. :lol:

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
Argument about what?

You seem to be having a conversation with yourself there, Jack.

winners are grinners and you can please yourself.

He definitely played a fair bit in the SANFL before he came to us, so I doubt that he missed 2 full seasons. And I thought that he had another year to run on his contract?

Just checked, he missed the first half of 2007 with a knee injury, seems he didn't miss as much as I first thought.

winners are grinners and you can please yourself.

same goes for those deluded enough to think they have 'won'

I'm not really sure who thats aimed at, so its easier if you both just take offence

cheers

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
same goes for those deluded enough to think they have 'won'

I'm not really sure who thats aimed at, so its easier if you both just take offence

cheers

thers no prizes for second enforcer,so why dont you just go to bed and get ready for school 2mrw. :lol:

It's all about Jake "the Snake" Spencer, he actually plays with some heart and aggression something we haven't seen at the MFC since the days of Stynesy. His shove on Goodes whilst he was trying to pick himself up from the ground was awesome to watch.

If Meesen is picked it will just be another addition to the long line of soft athletically gifted hack ruckman that have plagued us in recent years.

What I would give if we could have traded Jeff White to Sydney instead of Darren Jolly back in 2004.

Absolutely!

Darren Jolly is 28 this year and we are looking to build the list. I'm not jealous. Hopefully Mr Dunn will repay the demons by having a good year and an even better career ahead.

Give meesen a go. I don't think we're tring to win the premiership. This year is to see who can play and to develop the list, so why not give him a go?

Makes alot of sense trading an AA ruckman when you are seeking to make a serious push into the top 4 at that time.

And look what happened Jolly played in a premiship the next year.......................

Whilst Jeff White started to show the first signs he was not the player he once was.

Anyway we were never going to win a premiship with Whitey as our #1 ruck if we had Jolly who knows?

In my opinion Spencer is the most likely to succeed as a ruckman for us

He has agression i havent seen in this postion since Strawbs O'Dwyer

He looks to me as he has already developed past what we already have

Jamar is at best a neutraliser and rarely wins a contest and thats not what good teams going forward want

His job on Sandilands was as good as he will get and although it indirectly nullified the contest and Freo,s first use of the ball i am sure Bailey will be looking for a reliable ruckman that can WIN his postion more consistently and create oppurtunities for all those Mids we recruited

Meeson has althletic ability but hasnt got the agression or mindset of an AFL standard ruckman

Bailey is a positive thinker and will talk up the oppurtunity given to Messon in the hope it creates a turn around to the obvious lack of confidence he has

I would be really happy if things changed as we are really in trouble if we dont have a competive tall at the bounce

PJ is worth keeping for his mobility and fill in capabilities but to me he isnt a genuine ruckman

Zomer looks more like a foward from what i have seen so far

Stefan Martyn looks potentially a Key Position Player but not a Ruckman

Other than Watts or Jurrah we recruited Midfielders and i am hoping we add 1 or 2 Talls in the next draft

Stefan Martyn looks potentially a Key Position Player but not a Ruckman

And what are you basing that on? Martyn came to prominence by getting something like 8 or 9 bog's in just as many games as a ruckman in the ammos under 19s. For mine, he has more attributes to be a ruckman than Meesen, so why not give him a chance.

And look what happened Jolly played in a premiship the next year.......................

Whilst Jeff White started to show the first signs he was not the player he once was.

Anyway we were never going to win a premiship with Whitey as our #1 ruck if we had Jolly who knows?

Ummm.... wasn't 2004 the year that Jeff White was AA? hardly showing the first signs that he was not the player he was!

Jolly was the icing on the swans cake. Trading him was a win/win for both clubs. The only bad thing about the trade is that Dunn hasn't come along as far as we would have liked, but there is still time for that. If Jolly was on our list now we would still be looking for a new number 1 ruck.

And what are you basing that on? Martyn came to prominence by getting something like 8 or 9 bog's in just as many games as a ruckman in the ammos under 19s. For mine, he has more attributes to be a ruckman than Meesen, so why not give him a chance.

There wouldn't be too many 200cm ruckmen playing in the U19 ammos I reckon. Anyway I think Stefan has shown too much promise and skill as key defender to even consider playing him permantly in the ruck. Leave him there and watch him blossom

Meesen has been a disapointment for all. Don't forget he was a first round draft pick for the crows and the dumped him.

I saw Meesen at the Sydey game, and based on what I saw, he would never make our best team EVER! He was slow, he had poor attitude, and seemed to lack confidence.

He needs to have a blinder against the dogs for him to get my vote.